Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2009, 12:10 AM   #1396
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
Oh, Courtney. These are tough times for all. At least you have each other to pull together and make things work. Good luck to you and your parents!
Thank you, Tina.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Courtney I am so sorry about your parents!! ((hugs)) to you all!
Thank you so much, Kelly. So many hugs back to you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
I just have to say that - Courtney, you are such a sweet girl. Helping your parents like that. And I know things will get better.
Aw, wow, thank you Linda. That really means a lot.

Thank ALL you girls so much. You have no idea how reassuring it is to hear such kind words from you sweet ladies!
Old 06-03-2009, 12:51 AM   #1397
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
It's a minimum $20==and yes you put your name or something in the package so they know who it is from! Their "secret gifter" as it were. Some ladies wrote just a note (me), some wrote a poem, some sent a card.
Thanks Cheryl. I totally get it now.

Sounds like a lot of fun.
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2009, 09:13 AM   #1398
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
My husband's birthday falls right in the middle of our trip, so he'll prpbably be there too. Maybe the boys can hang out a bit while we're having Diva Time.
That's a good idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Soon! Sign-ups start up on June 12. I will make sure to post a link here to the new thread.
So what day do we get our exchange person? I move on the 26th and will be gone for a week. Is there any way I can get my name early?!?!?!

Boo Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:25 AM   #1399
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Morning ladies!

Well today is starting out awesome! I don't know if any of you remember but when I was in DL during the ladies trip I saw this beautiful bracelet that I fell in love with and then when I was there in April I showed it to Shane and mentioned that I would "love it" for my birthday wink wink well then that very night he surprised me with it at dinner. I was completely blown away because it was rather expensive and I would NEVER really have expected him to get it. You know one can dream but who would ever really expect one to get something like that. In fact I was a bit mad at him for actually buying it but then who could be mad at someone for getting you what you wanted

Then I got home and when the bill showed up it was TWICE what the price tag said and I almost had a heart attack. He said they had two versions and he wanted to get me the "better" version because I deserved it. Well then I REALLY got mad because I NEVER spend that much money on myself. I am a target and walmart shopper and NEVER spend money on myself. He spoils me though and I always get mad when he spends money because I am a total tight wad LOL. I HATE to spend money and am always worried about having my cc's paid off and on and on. He LOVES to spoil me though and do stuff like this. Well today is my birthday and last Friday we agreed that since we usually just celebrate together I told him he BETTER just get me cards because he had ALREADY bought me the bracelet and I told him to NOT get me anything else. He had already spent WAY too much on that and I didn't want anything else anyway. So he gave me a card on Friday night. Well this morning I get up and Katy gives me this little satin bag just like the bag my bracelet came in and I thought she had gotten the bag from my bracelet to use for something she had made me. I was like what are you doing with that. She was like NO that is not it. Plus it was in a DL bag. So I open it and it had the MATCHING necklace as the bracelet. NOW I get it. THAT is why it was so much. There WAS no more expensive bracelet it was so much cuz he bought the matching necklace. So I was DEF surprised. I never even SAW the necklace when we were there! So I was WAY surprised and now it all makes sense. So GREAT surprise and a good start to the day.

Anyway that is my good story for the day!

No work today and tonight we are going out to dinner with mom and dad and then to the girls performance at church. Can't wait to watch them and see them get their awards!! It's going to be a good day!

Hope everyone else's is great as well!

P.S. Shelby just made me a card that said: To the most coolest mom ever. Dear mom you are the best that I ever had. I bet other children would want you to be there mother. I love you so much. love Shelby. (you gotta love that!) That beats any store bought card there is!!!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:53 AM   #1400
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Kelly, how awesome! You need to take pictures to show us! I needed to hear that story to start MY day out right. I love to hear about those sorts of things, and you DO deserve it.

Boo Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:59 AM   #1401
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Awwwwwwww, Kelly, that is so KEWL! What a sweet guy you got yourself there! And he got Katy in on it too......smart guy.

And Shelby's card just sounds so dear. I love stuff like that.

Hey Kelly babe, by the way.....

Old 06-03-2009, 10:01 AM   #1402
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

Kelly that was sweet of Shane. But I know what you mean about spending so much on yourself. I have the same problem. But you deserve it.

Have a great day ladies!

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Stacerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:06 AM   #1403
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Kelly!!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful day! That was really sweet of Shane. And Shebly for that card. What a sweetie!

I hope you ladies have a great day.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:11 AM   #1404
kelmac284

Thanks so much guys!

This is when I got the bracelet back in April.

We had gone to rainforest for dinner and when I got up to go to the bathroom he had put it in the menu and then when I opened it it was laying there. I was shocked to say the least LOL.

I will have to take a pic of the necklace. It is gorgeous. I don't have hardly ANY nice jewlery so I was VERY taken aback. But I agree I am NOT used to getting stuff like this. I get really embarrssed with stuff like this cuz I am used to getting practical stuff like blenders and toasters LOL.

Anyway thanks so much guys!

Old 06-03-2009, 10:20 AM   #1405
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Happy Birthday Kelly!!

Are you going to show a close up picture of the neclace and braclet????

Sounds like you are having a great birthday!!

I hope everyone is having a great day!!
Old 06-03-2009, 10:44 AM   #1406
kelmac284

Thanks Deb!

Yeah I can try and take a closeup pic although my camera is not very good at closeups. They usually end up blurry but I can try. The stones are amythest which is not my birthstones but I LOVE them anyway. I just like purple and my birthstone is alexendrite but I never really liked that. I just thought this bracelet was really pretty and it has a little Mickey head on the top LOL. The bracelet itself and the chain on the necklace is a silver rope kind of thing.

I will "attempt" to take a closeup pic.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:54 AM   #1407
kelmac284

Ok I think this might be a little blurry but here is a pic of both the necklace and the bracelet.

I turned the bracelet so you could see the little Mickey head LOL.

There is one on the bracelet too but I don't think you can see it in the pic. But I love that about it.

Anyway here they are.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:04 AM   #1408
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Happy, Happy Birthday Kelly! What a thoughtful family you have! Loved reading your happy story this morning! Have a great day!

CoMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:07 AM   #1409
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

Eye Candy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post
OMG....I just found out that my brother referred to himself as "eye candy".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbillabong View Post
Ooooh, that's so not what you want to hear (is he though??? Just asking )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post
Ill post his pic again. But really. He is something of a narcisist. I jokingly tell him the one thing in common he has with the women he dates is that they love him, and that his love himself. It works out great. Seriously, calling yourself "eye candy"???? I laughed so hard when I was told he said that, it made my head throb.
Here's a pic of him. Not the best, but you get the idea.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Stacerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:17 AM   #1410
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Kelly, I totally understand about money on ones self. On our honeymoon on new years eve my dh went back to a store we had been in and bought me this really expensive book that I had seen. I got so mad at him because it was wayyyyy over our budget and I made him go take it back. I still regret it because this all happened just after midnight into the new year and the first thing I did was basically treat him like a child who couldn't manage money and even if that is what he basically was at the time, how is my treating him like one going to help with our marriage. However, since then I can always look back on that memory and it helps me make better decisions today on how I should treat him in similar situations. Plus, he understands me a little better now. He bought me a huge bouquet of roses once and had them delivered to me at work...he spent over $100 and i was so appalled at the price. However, we were only dating then so I didn't make too big a deal of it. After we were married I mentioned that it was so nice of him, but now that our finances are together to please not spend that much money again on something that will die...jewelry is another matter entirely!

So sweet that he got the matching necklace!

Hope everyone is having a great day. It is another beautiful one here. Supposed to get to 84 degrees again today. That is really warm for this time of year in Western Washington!

Sarah

sahbushka is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: