Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2009, 08:02 PM   #1381
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Aren't we doing the character exchange sign ups soon? I can't remember when though...

Boo Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:46 PM   #1382
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Ohh yeah, when is our next exchange?!

Hiiiiiiii Stacieeee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post
I'm so sorry to hear this, Courtney. to your family.
Thank you, Donna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post
I understand, Courtney. It is very hard. I wish I could make it all better as I know You wish You could make it better. We just have to keep a clear perspective { which is really hard when it's people you love} and believe things will get better, in whatever form better is.

Hang in there and know you can always talk to me when you are having a hard time.
Thank you so much, Dawnikins. My Mom just applied for a job at Ross! Woo! They're opening a new one right by our house. Things will get better, I know they will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
Does anyone know if I can use my birthday ticket toward the price of an annual pass? I plan on buying one (my first ever ) but it would be nice to knock $69 off the price.
If you have a Costco near you and have or know someone who has a membership, they just released new Deluxe APs with a $50 giftcard. So if you were wanting to get a premium you can use the $50 GC AND your Fun Card to the upgrade. I guess that will only work if you're getting a premium though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
Courtney - I am sorry to hear about your parents struggle...It is very unfair that the people who have worked hard, paid their mortgages and bills are the ones that are being hit the hardest and are not eligible for any help! Warm thoughts and prayers coming your way that things will get better soon!

My mom has her Dr. appointment tomorrow in Denver so we'll know more about her thyroid. I've been reading all I can find about thyroid cancer and I guess if you have to have a cancer that is the better one to have...I would rather there was NO cancer in the world and I hope someday in our lifetime there is a cure! I've lost a very good friend to breast cancer and my cousin lost her husband to cancer. I am trying to stay optimistic for my mom until we hear more tomorrow.

I know I've missed a lot of people but please know that regardless if things are good or bad I'm thinking of you all!

to everyone!!
Thank you so much Vicki. It really means a lot.

Lots of hugs and to your Mom. Let us know how her doctor's appointment goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
HI EVERYONE!

I miss all of my girlfriends.

I'm getting so burned out with these classes. Well, not so much the classes, but all the writing. I mean it's writing, and writing, and more writing. I may as well be in a graduate journalism program, because that's what it feel like. When will the essay insanity STOP!

I haven't had time to do the dishes, or the laundry, or plan my boys' birthdays', or shave my legs. I sometimes think the amount of reading and work involved is a bit......over the top. Do I sound down? I am. As I said, I'm just burned out right now. It makes me want to cry.

Anyway, I wish I had time to catch up with all of my home girls. Big hugs to everyone!

Goodbye..........until I get another 5 minute breather.
Caprizzle, we miss you! And here's some to help you with your essays!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Bear View Post
I'll always be here to listen!
Aww, thank you Bridgette. That really means a lot.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2009, 10:19 PM   #1383
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Quote:
My dad is officially coming to DL with my mom and I in 2010 and is completely willing to let us do our Diva thing He really wants to see the historical stuff, he was a history major before med school. We'll get his senior discount at GCH!

Well that's it for now... I'll come poke around some more later!
My husband's birthday falls right in the middle of our trip, so he'll prpbably be there too. Maybe the boys can hang out a bit while we're having Diva Time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
Hi guys! Anyone going to be at DL on Saturday? I'll be there using my free birthday ticket!
I wish I was going to be there. Happy Birthday!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
I wish I was going to DL on Saturday!! Have fun and Happy almost Birthday, Sarah!!

So I'm another one asking for prayers and pixie dust. Since this whole recession crud, my parent's have been having a really hard time. My Dad's pay got cut 10% and my Mom's hours got cut from 40 to 30. Already with that they've been struggling, I'm doing my share and have no problem helping out (especially all that they've done for me!). Even with that they're still having a hard time with rent and other bills. My Dad can still work the occasional overtime, but it's limited. My Mom can't work OT at all. Well today they cut my Mom's hours again, now she can only work 27 hours a week. Which is a 32.5% cut in pay. She told me right now she's looking for a new job, either a new full time or a second job. I feel so bad for them. They've worked hard their whole lives and we've always been so 'comfortable' with having enough money. It's sad seeing my parents struggle. Even with me helping, I make about less than half an hour than what they make.
Oh, Courtney. These are tough times for all. At least you have each other to pull together and make things work. Good luck to you and your parents!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post

My mom has her Dr. appointment tomorrow in Denver so we'll know more about her thyroid. I've been reading all I can find about thyroid cancer and I guess if you have to have a cancer that is the better one to have...I would rather there was NO cancer in the world and I hope someday in our lifetime there is a cure! I've lost a very good friend to breast cancer and my cousin lost her husband to cancer. I am trying to stay optimistic for my mom until we hear more tomorrow.

I know I've missed a lot of people but please know that regardless if things are good or bad I'm thinking of you all!

to everyone!!
Vicki--please keep us posted on your mom. I have a friend who had thyroid cancer, and she ended up havin the whole thyroid removed. She's doing fine now.

Quote:
HI EVERYONE!

I'm getting so burned out with these classes. Well, not so much the classes, but all the writing. I mean it's writing, and writing, and more writing. I may as well be in a graduate journalism program, because that's what it feel like. When will the essay insanity STOP!

I haven't had time to do the dishes, or the laundry, or plan my boys' birthdays', or shave my legs. I sometimes think the amount of reading and work involved is a bit......over the top. Do I sound down? I am. As I said, I'm just burned out right now. It makes me want to cry.

Anyway, I wish I had time to catch up with all of my home girls. Big hugs to everyone!

We're missing you too!!!!! Just keep in mind that the end result--your degree--will be the major payoff! Keep at it, girl!

Quote:
Aren't we doing the character exchange sign ups soon? I can't remember when though...
Ooh ya, I'm ready!

BillyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:25 PM   #1384
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

Quote:
Yeah, that should be coming up any day now I thought.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Stacerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:25 PM   #1385
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
My husband's birthday falls right in the middle of our trip, so he'll prpbably be there too. Maybe the boys can hang out a bit while we're having Diva Time.
So would they be having "Divo" time?

Old 06-02-2009, 10:30 PM   #1386
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
HI EVERYONE!

We miss you too!! Hang in there, and as Cheryl said, we are all proud of you.

Quote:
Soon! Sign-ups start up on June 12. I will make sure to post a link here to the new thread.

Cheryl, thanks for the update on Melody. I hope her computer gets fixed fast. I was wondering where she was. Kerri has gone missing too.

Vicki, hugs for you and your mom. Sending good wishes her way.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:47 PM   #1387
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Courtney I am so sorry about your parents!! ((hugs)) to you all!

Capri!!! My girl, good to see you! Keep up the good work girl! It is all worth it in the end!

Ah I am missing miss Melody! Hope she is back online soon!

Been talking more and more to Shane and it is looking more promising for Oct. We may just book the room now and then wait a month or so to see how things go money wise and then go from there but I can book the room with just a credit card without having to spend any money and that way I can at least guarantee that good rate. DI has rooms for 59/night!!

And southwest has flights for 59 each way to OC so lots of cheap stuff. Plus we figured if I got my AP and then just got hoppers for Shane and the girls it would be cheaper cuz I don't think that the girls or Shane will be able to come back anytime soon so it wouldn't be worth getting AP's for them.

So we shall see. Now I am getting excited at the prospect! Hope it all works out!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:51 PM   #1388
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Quote:
Could someone get me caught up.....PLEEEEEEEEZ! What is the character exchange, por favor?
Old 06-02-2009, 10:53 PM   #1389
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

It's like the summer exchange except we would pick our favorite character and your exchanger would send you items (minimum $20 total plus postage) themed to your character of choice.

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:03 PM   #1390
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
It's like the summer exchange except we would pick our favorite character and your exchanger would send you items (minimum $20 total plus postage) themed to your character of choice.

Oooh, sounds like fun. So the exchanger can send anything themed to a person's favorite character, as long as it's $20 or less?

And we won't know who is an exchanger with who right? When we send the items, are we supposed to put our name on it so the babe knows who her exchanger was?
Old 06-02-2009, 11:27 PM   #1391
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Oooh, sounds like fun. So the exchanger can send anything themed to a person's favorite character, as long as it's $20 or less?

And we won't know who is an exchanger with who right? When we send the items, are we supposed to put our name on it so the babe knows who her exchanger was?
It's a minimum $20==and yes you put your name or something in the package so they know who it is from! Their "secret gifter" as it were. Some ladies wrote just a note (me), some wrote a poem, some sent a card.

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:39 PM   #1392
Stacerita

OMG....I just found out that my brother referred to himself as "eye candy".

Old 06-02-2009, 11:46 PM   #1393
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
It's a minimum $20==and yes you put your name or something in the package so they know who it is from! Their "secret gifter" as it were. Some ladies wrote just a note (me), some wrote a poem, some sent a card.
I want to do this one! I chickened out of the summer one, but a character one I would love!

I assume Beth will keep us posted? Isn't that about the time the Vegas ladies get together? Speaking of, Breezy just got back from Sin City this morn after celebrating with her roomie who just graduated. She promised to post later about all the places she went to. I hadn't heard of most of them. I am so out of the loop when it comes to swanky, cool and hip places. She had a great time though, until her flight out this morn was cancelled and she had to wait in the McCarren Airport for four hours.

I just have to say that - Courtney, you are such a sweet girl. Helping your parents like that. And I know things will get better.

Kelly - hope you can come in Oct - we are going to have such a rocking fun time!

Capri - Hang in there, girl. We miss you terribly, but understand what you are doing.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
lulubelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:54 PM   #1394
Queenbillabong
Second to the right and straight on til morning
Just like melted butter
We may need a table by the loo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post
OMG....I just found out that my brother referred to himself as "eye candy".
Ooooh, that's so not what you want to hear (is he though??? Just asking )
Old 06-02-2009, 11:58 PM   #1395
Stacerita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbillabong View Post
Ooooh, that's so not what you want to hear (is he though??? Just asking )
Ill post his pic again. But really. He is something of a narcisist. I jokingly tell him the one thing in common he has with the women he dates is that they love him, and that his love himself. It works out great. Seriously, calling yourself "eye candy"???? I laughed so hard when I was told he said that, it made my head throb.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: