Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2009, 10:47 AM   #1351
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21yankees View Post
Hi everybody!

I'm sorry I haven't been here for a couple of days (I think). Our puppy was diagnosed this afternoon with parvo. We've turned our dining room into his own hospital. We have to keep him on tile because of the illness (I won't get into the icky details).

When I went to pay at the vet they told me they couldn't accept my check because the bank is out of state. So I sent Josh to the ATM to get $$ only to find out that the card isn't working with our pin number of course by then it was way to late to talk to anyone at the bank so I had to do some quick thinking and get the bill paid so we could get home.

After we got home Vash seemed to be alright, we were told the next 10-15 days will be a lot of ups and downs. We're giving him liquids every hour, he's not a big fan of pedialite but he is drinking his water. He's on 2 different medicines and is in need of a lot of rest and quiet. The kids aren't real understanding of quiet but we're working on it with them.

I know there are a lot of things going on in everyone's lives on this board but if you all could think good thoughts about him and this illness we would really appreciate it.

Hope you all have a nice evening.

steph
I'll be praying and sending magical thoughts to your pup. I'm so sorry to hear about that. Stay strong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Buenos Dias ladies. My boss is out today and tomorrow, so today I'll be Dis'ing all day. Wooo!

I hope everyone is well. Prayers and hugs for all who need it.
I wish I could dis all day! I'm on my lunch break now so I'll be dis'ing for the next 45 minutes at least.

Boo Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:20 AM   #1352
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

1000 posts post!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2009, 11:33 AM   #1353
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Quote:
Hi everybody!

I'm sorry I haven't been here for a couple of days (I think). Our puppy was diagnosed this afternoon with parvo. We've turned our dining room into his own hospital. We have to keep him on tile because of the illness (I won't get into the icky details).

When I went to pay at the vet they told me they couldn't accept my check because the bank is out of state. So I sent Josh to the ATM to get $$ only to find out that the card isn't working with our pin number of course by then it was way to late to talk to anyone at the bank so I had to do some quick thinking and get the bill paid so we could get home.

After we got home Vash seemed to be alright, we were told the next 10-15 days will be a lot of ups and downs. We're giving him liquids every hour, he's not a big fan of pedialite but he is drinking his water. He's on 2 different medicines and is in need of a lot of rest and quiet. The kids aren't real understanding of quiet but we're working on it with them.

I know there are a lot of things going on in everyone's lives on this board but if you all could think good thoughts about him and this illness we would really appreciate it.

Hope you all have a nice evening.

steph
I'm sorry to hear that your poor puppy is sick, Steph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
Hi everyone! It's pretty late over here but I really wanted to catch up on the thread before we started another one and I'd be completely lost.

I'm sending out prayers to everyone with health issues and their puppies (Steph, I hope your dog gets better soon!) Thankfully my family is all relatively healthy (and my dog, too). My mom does have a heel spur and might need surgery but we're not worrying about that in addition to school during finals week!

I'm in way over my head with debt. I owe about 4k in credit card and owe my dad $500 bucks. I hate life right now to say the least. It's really hard to get a job right now. I have applied to Babies R Us, Advance America (pay advances), and Magic Mountain. Tomorrow Stater Bros. is having a hiring from 10am-3pm so I'll be going over there after class. I'm also applying to Costco and other places. I have to email the city office and see if they have any events coming up where they could possibly use me. I wish I could move out already that way I would be immediately available to work at Disneyland or somewhere else in the Fullerton/Anaheim area. I'm in need of serious prayers. So it's really hard to remain positive about me going to this girls' trip but I'm definitely doing my best to get rid of this damn debt and celebrate being debt free (or close to it!) by going on the our upcoming trip.

School is ending this Thursday, praise the LORD! I have a final tomorrow and three finals on Thursday.

Friday we are having a graduation party (Fiesta theme!) at our house with Carne Asada, Carnitas, and all that jazz with games and a pinata

I better finish up rewriting these notes and head to bed.
Sweet Dreams
Congrats on graduating, and have fun at your party!!!!!! And good luck in the job hunt. It is scary out there, but I'm sure you'll find something that'll suit your needs for the summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshiregirl View Post
Magical thoughts and wishes for the speedy recovery of your puppy Steph!

The kids are having fun together despite their age difference (or maybe even because of it). Stephie is having a great time hanging out with her cousin and has been a great help with bathtime, getting Ty in and out of his carseat, etc. Now, if only I could get her to change diapers...

Anyhow, we leave for Disneyland in just about 2 hours. I am trying to time our travel around Ty's naptime. He normally sleeps from 11:30-2:00ish at school, so if we leave around 10 I figure that he'll be asleep by the time we hit Baker and then will (hopefully) wake up right around Anaheim. And, Ty woke up super early this morning, so I am hoping that will also help contribute to a long sleep in the car. As for Stephie, she will have her Ipod and gameboy, so she should be fine!

I will try to post a few updates each night, but don't know how much reading back I will get to do... Have a great rest of the week!!!
Have a great trip, Jane! And enjoy your helper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Bear View Post
1000 posts post!
Congrats!!!

Well it's a moderately quiet week for me, which is a nice change. No huge jobs, and my Wednesday job got cancelled because my client is on vacation. So I've been trying to catch up on all the "house stuff" that I've been ignoring.

Have a great day, friends!

BillyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:33 AM   #1354
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

And I just realized I broke 1000 posts too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BillyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:33 AM   #1355
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Quote:
Magical thoughts and wishes for the speedy recovery of your puppy Steph!

The kids are having fun together despite their age difference (or maybe even because of it). Stephie is having a great time hanging out with her cousin and has been a great help with bathtime, getting Ty in and out of his carseat, etc. Now, if only I could get her to change diapers...

Anyhow, we leave for Disneyland in just about 2 hours. I am trying to time our travel around Ty's naptime. He normally sleeps from 11:30-2:00ish at school, so if we leave around 10 I figure that he'll be asleep by the time we hit Baker and then will (hopefully) wake up right around Anaheim. And, Ty woke up super early this morning, so I am hoping that will also help contribute to a long sleep in the car. As for Stephie, she will have her Ipod and gameboy, so she should be fine!

I will try to post a few updates each night, but don't know how much reading back I will get to do... Have a great rest of the week!!!
Have a great time.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
lulubelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:56 PM   #1356
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Drive by...hoping everyone is having a great day!

Sarah

sahbushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:39 PM   #1357
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

I hope everyone is having a great day as well.

As for me...
I can't wait to go home! Just 20 more minutes left of class then a 30 min drive home...

I'm so HUNGRY and have no groceries at home, you know what they say about not going grocery shopping when you're starving... you'll buy the whole store!

I think Donna has talked me into joining D23!

My dad is officially coming to DL with my mom and I in 2010 and is completely willing to let us do our Diva thing He really wants to see the historical stuff, he was a history major before med school. We'll get his senior discount at GCH!

Well that's it for now... I'll come poke around some more later!

Old 06-02-2009, 01:46 PM   #1358
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post

Old 06-02-2009, 01:47 PM   #1359
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
1000 posts post!
Did you see my post from last night:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacielee View Post
Hey Bridgette, I just noticed in your ticker that you will be in DL July 5-7; did you see that the Ent. rate just became available for July 5 & 6? I'm going to try and come out then, my DD 14th birthday is July 4, which we will NOT be trying and my DH birthday is July 7, so I'm looking at July 5-8; maybe we can meet up!!
Old 06-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #1360
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Drive by hi...
Old 06-02-2009, 03:25 PM   #1361
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacielee View Post
I'm going to try and come out then, my DD 14th birthday is July 4, which we will NOT be trying and my DH birthday is July 7, so I'm looking at July 5-8; maybe we can meet up!!
The twins birthday is July 9. I wish we could go out there then and use their free birthday passes, but I doubt we'll make it since Ruben is taking time off to be with the kids while everyone is here in Vegas.
Oh well.

Quote:
Hi everybody!

I'm sorry I haven't been here for a couple of days (I think). Our puppy was diagnosed this afternoon with parvo.
HI Steph. I saw this post on FB but I wanted to say again how sorry I am. I will definitely be hoping he makes a quick and complete recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
Oh my gosh, just realized it is next month! Oh yeah! Me too!! I am dreaming of my massage!
I sure wish that I was going to Vegas this month though!
I know! I can't wait to meet up with everyone. I wish you were coming this month too though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post

Friday we are having a graduation party (Fiesta theme!) at our house with Carne Asada, Carnitas, and all that jazz with games and a pinata
Oooooh, how fun! That's definitely something to look forward to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
I am SO looking forward to next week and sleeping in although the girls argue EVERY morning so I am NOT looking forward to THAT part
I hear ya!!!

Quote:
Anyhow, we leave for Disneyland in just about 2 hours.
Have a wonderful time Jane!!

Quote:
1000 posts post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post

Quote:
I'm so HUNGRY and have no groceries at home, you know what they say about not going grocery shopping when you're starving... you'll buy the whole store!
Been there, done that. Way too many times. lol
That's cool your dad will be coming with you and your mom.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:28 PM   #1362
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Hi everyone!

I hope you are all having a good day so far. I'm starving so I've got to go find something for lunch. I wish it could be something yummy, but most likely will be a Lean Cuisine. Oh well, have a good afternoon ladies!
Old 06-02-2009, 04:29 PM   #1363
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Hi guys! Anyone going to be at DL on Saturday? I'll be there using my free birthday ticket!
Old 06-02-2009, 04:47 PM   #1364
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Afternoon all! Man we are having the WEIRDEST weather. Would you believe they are saying it is going to RAIN a few days this week. WEIRD! The good news is I JUST got an e-mail saying they CHANGED pic day tomorrow!!! YAY!!!!!

I am SO excited. No stress now!!! WOO HOOOO! So now after school the girls can just get ready and go STRAIGHT to church! YAY!!!! And then NEXT Wed they have pic day and we don't have to worry about missing anything! YAY! SO glad!

Anyway I also was just looking around for October and found GREAT rates on airfare and hotel for october so the only thing that would really be an expense is our tickets. I sure wish our passes weren't expired. Actually the girls and I's expire in a few days but I saw NO point in renewing them NOW since we couldn't go anytime soon and even if I DID renew them now sure I could use them in Oct AND in Feb I guess but I have NO idea when else the girls and I are going on a trip and honestly right NOW I don't want to spend the money. Plus I just spoke with mom and I don't know if we will be taking a trip with the girls anytime next year so it is just a hard decision to make whether or not to renew their passes. When we went in April I had just bought a 5 day pass for Shane and I will probably do that again but I guess now that he may go again in Oct it would have been better to have had a pass but he probably won't go again in 10. That is the hard part is not knowing. We are taking our big road trip next summer so that is what is making the decision so hard. I don't know if there will be any time next year that we will go back and I hate to spend the money if we won't have any chance to go back.

That is kind of why I wanted to wait and buy my pass right before the ladies trip since I KNOW I will go on that one but who knows.

AH trying to figure out what is best is so tough!

I know it was REALLY hard NOT renewing ours. We have had our passes consistently since 06 and it doesn't help when they keep sending me little reminders to renew lol.

But anyway we are still trying to decide if it is in our budget to go as it is. But I would LOVE to go with you all! We shall see!

Anyway off to pick up the girls here soon. See yall later!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:54 PM   #1365
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

I wish I was going to DL on Saturday!! Have fun and Happy almost Birthday, Sarah!!

So I'm another one asking for prayers and pixie dust. Since this whole recession crud, my parent's have been having a really hard time. My Dad's pay got cut 10% and my Mom's hours got cut from 40 to 30. Already with that they've been struggling, I'm doing my share and have no problem helping out (especially all that they've done for me!). Even with that they're still having a hard time with rent and other bills. My Dad can still work the occasional overtime, but it's limited. My Mom can't work OT at all. Well today they cut my Mom's hours again, now she can only work 27 hours a week. Which is a 32.5% cut in pay. She told me right now she's looking for a new job, either a new full time or a second job. I feel so bad for them. They've worked hard their whole lives and we've always been so 'comfortable' with having enough money. It's sad seeing my parents struggle. Even with me helping, I make about less than half an hour than what they make.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: