Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2009, 09:35 PM   #901
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Hi ladies!!

Just popping in to say I hope you are all having a good night. I read back but was too lazy to multi-quote. Oops. I did see those wonderful artwork pics! Love those!

Lisa, sorry about your ankle.

Katie, yummy cake balls!

Linda, I cannot tell you how jealous I am of your upcoming cruise!!! Please take lots of pics so I can live vicariously through you.

Sarah, I see you have another cruise ticker! Finally get to go to Ensenada. Yay!

Kelly, have fun with Michelle.

AmySue, enjoy your weekend and the Zoo.

Deb, sounds like you have a fun weekend planned.

Uhhhh, I can't remember anything else now.

Lunch today was fun! Amy was sick and couldn't make it after all, so it was just myself, Donna and Jane. Poor Amy, she has pneumonia!

Anyway, we had a really nice time. It was fun chatting with them again. The Burger Bar was a fun place. Donna was so sweet! She treated Jane and I to lunch and to a private tour of Shark Reef afterward. I really enjoyed it. Thanks Donna!!!!!

I am tired now and for some reason have a huge headache. Probably won't be online much tonight. Talk to y'all tomorrow.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:57 PM   #902
cheshiregirl

Prayers do work
Maseca!

Sadly Amy is still really sick and couldn't make it, but lunch today with Beth and Donna was very nice. We met up at Burger Bar which is owned by Hubert Keller (any of you foodies out there know that he's kind of a big deal in the culinary world). We all had super yummy burgers and split some of the most divine fries that I have ever had. It was great to catch up and Donna was so sweet--she brought little Disney keychains for each of us.

After lunch we took a tour of the Shark Reef exhibit and it was really cool. I had been there once before but it was over a year ago, so it was neat to see everything again. And, Donna had arranged for us to have a tour guide who walked us through the exhibit and answered all of our questions along the way.

Sadly I had to go to a big meeting back on campus this afternoon so I had to dash off as soon as we finished the tour, so I didn't get to chat for as long as I would have liked. But, it was delightful to see Donna.

It feels like I have been really disconnected from the Dis for the past couple months so I really wish I could have hung out longer. However, it seems very likely that my supervisor is about to get fired, which is a really, really bad thing for me. I have no problem with her, but many of my colleagues do, and I think that they are going to get their way and that she is going to be driven out of the organization. This means that I will be getting a new supervisor and my office is going to be folded in with another office, and pretty much everything in my work world is going to change in the next 6 weeks.

And, we still don't know exactly what is going to happen with the budget as the governor, the legislature and the chancellor of higher education are all feuding. At a minimum I am going to have to take a 4.6% pay cut. At the worse case scenario I lose my job. And, the same kinds of things are happening at my husband's college as well. It looks like his job is going to be changing drastically too as they reorganize this summer. Honestly I am scared to death and I have a feeling that we may end up leaving Vegas sooner than I had anticipated...We had hoped to be here another 3 years or so; now I am thinking that we may be going next summer (or even sooner if one or both of us lose our jobs). So, please think happy thoughts for me and the rest of my office! I am trying not to dwell on it, but I am pretty shaken up over everything that is happening, especially in regards to my supervisor and her potential departure. She has been really great to me and my staff and has been my number one cheerleader for the past three years. It just makes me sick to my stomach to think that she is potentially going to be thrown under the bus. And, it makes me feel even more vulnerable in an already uncertain environment as I am seen to be pretty closely aligned with her by others within my division. However, I have always believed that things happen for a reason, even if I don't always understand what that reason is. But, it doesn't make it any easier in the meantime while we have to just sit back, watch and wait...

Thanks for reading along. I haven't really talked about this much and I can't really do so at work since everyone there is so close to the situation at hand. But, it feels cathartic to get some of this out there as I have been flipping out since I got back to the office yesterday and got caught up on some of what happened while I was gone.

Anyhow, have a great weekend everyone!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2009, 10:08 PM   #903
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Oh Jane, I am so sorry to hear about not only your job situation, but possibly your DH's, too. Hugs Let's just hope for the best.

I cannot even imagine the stress of possibly losing my job. DH's has been in jeopardy many times though, and it is really hard to fathom him unemployed.

Glad you guys had such a nice time at lunch. Yes, Donna is such a sweetie, isn't she? Sorry to hear Amy is sick, get better soon!

And yes, Cheryl, I think I do remember that one in your living room. Your house is so lovely and the artwork by you and and your mother are heartfelt and charming.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
lulubelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:56 PM   #904
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshiregirl View Post
At the worse case scenario I lose my job. And, the same kinds of things are happening at my husband's college as well. It looks like his job is going to be changing drastically too as they reorganize this summer. Honestly I am scared to death ...

I haven't really talked about this much...
We know the feeling.

All I can say is...get those resumes brushed up, and if the worst happens, get them out everywhere.

I wish you the best of the best luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post
I even made a couple baby apple juice ones for the baby. She's teething and loves sucking on ice cubes, so now she gets something yummy to suck on.
If you're nursing, frozen milk-sicles were one of E's faves. It melts really fast...seems that human-mamamilk doesn't freeze as hard as cow-mamamilk, but it was quite brilliant for the times that he was hungry and in pain at the same time.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:11 PM   #905
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
However, I have always believed that things happen for a reason, even if I don't always understand what that reason is. But, it doesn't make it any easier in the meantime while we have to just sit back, watch and wait...

Thanks for reading along. I haven't really talked about this much and I can't really do so at work since everyone there is so close to the situation at hand. But, it feels cathartic to get some of this out there as I have been flipping out since I got back to the office yesterday and got caught up on some of what happened while I was gone.

Anyhow, have a great weekend everyone!
I also believe things happen for a reason--the waiting and not being in control is the hardest part. We're here when you need to vent.

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:13 PM   #906
21yankees
I want to move into Disneyland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
If you're nursing, frozen milk-sicles were one of E's faves. It melts really fast...seems that human-mamamilk doesn't freeze as hard as cow-mamamilk, but it was quite brilliant for the times that he was hungry and in pain at the same time.

Wish I heard of this when my kids were teething...would have made our lives so much easier then. I had way too much milk in the freezers (yes I said freezers...we had 2 of them full of frozen milk).

Thanks for the great tip, I'll be sure to pass this onto my friends with little little ones.

steph

AKA Cynical Dwarf
21yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:26 PM   #907
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Steph, 2 freezers! Wow!

They say that necessity is the mother of invention, right? Well, I "invented" it one day when E was ravenous AND in pain AND angry about the pain...he wanted to chomp and I was terrified... I had been keeping the milk in the bags (my Avent bottles were full), and I grabbed one, cut a little hole like a pastry bag, and gave it to him. He gnawed on it and as it melted he drank some, he was a sticky stinky mess (I had that lipase problem, but he never minded it so I didn't scald the milk to make it unstinky) but his tum was full and his gums were iced.

Since then I try to tell everyone, but I guess I was just too late for you! I'm glad your friends will find out, though!

Oh, and have them keep a bottle out, b/c it melts so fast. He got about halfway through the first momsicle (ha) and I had to put it into a bottle for him to drink from. I think he just drank it without the bottle top on it (can we say the word for what goes on top of a baby bottle?), which led to more stickiness, but it was worth it all...

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:39 PM   #908
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
However, I have always believed that things happen for a reason, even if I don't always understand what that reason is. But, it doesn't make it any easier in the meantime while we have to just sit back, watch and wait...

!
Aw Jane, I'm so sorry. I'm glad you're talking about it though. And I'm a believer in the same philosophy too...

When you say you were thinking you'd move eventually... where to?

Steph, my thoughts go out to the family... I immediately thought of you when I heard this news today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post

I loved how Kara showed up that annoying bikini girl!!

She might be older, but dang she rocked the bikini!!

!!
Yes she did! And her voice was great too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
I LOVE CHeryl's art.

My DD and I were at DL briefly today, she was not into it, so I drove 1.75 hours there this AM, stayed at DL about 4 hours and the trip home took 3.25 hours. I am not bitter or anything.

AmySue
I covet that artwork - nice job of framing.

So was it just your DD's mood? Or was it crowded today? The weather is still pretty comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post

Oh tell me about it! They were playing pretty lame in the first quarter. Brick. Brick. Brick!! Geesh! But I'm glad they pulled it off. I hope the home court tomorrow night gets them the win!
:
Boy, if they can't beat the Lakers on their home court after coming back from behind the way they did on Laker turf, they can't call themselves basketball players.

I saw the game recap on the news and I thought oh, thank goodness I didn't watch that game. I would have had a heart attack.

I'd rather be from Denver right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
So, is anyone coming out in September for the D23 convention thingie?
Yes, for me, that was a big reason to become a member. But now we'll have to see how special the con is going to be (meaning what exclusives...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post
My boyfriend was so cute.. i told him last night ooohhh please please let's celebrate my birthday at Disneyland.. and he got his blueberry thingie out.. and.
OH, (love your new photo, btw!!!!)

Busy weekend here. Seeing an out of state friend for lunch tomorrow, then we're taking another couple out for a b-day dinner. Then I made DH promise we will clean out the garage on Sunday and Monday. We've never done this! I think I need to buy him a special mask though - he's got a lot of breathing/dust/allergy issues.
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
CaliforniaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:21 AM   #909
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Quote:
Hi GirLie GirLs

CheryL told me it was alright to post these photos.. they are of the Disney Art in her office. I'm sorry they are off centered.. but they are BIG..and i was taking them with my cell phone. They are really Nice!

These two are so colorful when you first walk in!

a Close up of one

And of the other one
Quote:
And another grouping

And a close up of this one!

How cute is this one!!
I love the Shag artwork!

Quote:
So I was in a baking frenzy today. I always bake when I'm down in the dumps because it gets my mind off of things. I made a carrot cake since I had a surplus of carrots, peanut butter cookies & a couple flavors of the infamous cake balls. I also took a pic for you guys :

I also made some juice pops with some cute star shaped popsicle maker Dawn sent me (she's such a sweetie ). I even made a couple baby apple juice ones for the baby. She's teething and loves sucking on ice cubes, so now she gets something yummy to suck on.
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, cake balls!

BillyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:23 AM   #910
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21yankees View Post
Please keep this family in your thoughts and/or prayers. http://www.edwards.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123150653

steph
I heard about this and immediately thought of you. What an awful thing to have happen.

Quote:
thank you thank you thank you.

For whoever asked (Capri?) the Shag prints (the retro ones) I got on sale at Company D (the Cast Member's store)--they were originally $1000 but I got them half price. Stacielee just bought the last set (I believe) at the outlet store in Fullerton--but her price was better (of course, it's a year later!)

It cost more to frame the darn things then it did to buy them--and I waited a year to do it.

The other painting--it's an enhanced print on canvas --and I'm not telling the price!
I was also with Cheryl when she bought her Shag prints, and I was so jealous!! When I found them at the Disney outlet, I couldn't believe it!! And I really didn't think my DH would be okay with it. I'm so glad he was!! And mine were just under $400 for the set of 5. Now I have to get them framed. Hopefully it won't take as long as it did for Cheryl!

All of a sudden, my younger DD has planned an impromptu trip to Disneyland - next week!!! Who is going to be around Wednesday and Thursday? At least that looks like the days we will be there. It's still up in the air, but I was able to get a room at HoJo's with the Ent. rate, so I have to make sure by Monday or cancel the room. Looks like it will be me and 3-4 pre-Freshmen girls!! Fun!!

Here's hugs for everyone who needs them (when don't we need a hug?) And hoping we can be together again soon!!
Old 05-23-2009, 12:41 AM   #911
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Donna~ Yes, she out sang her too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
Deb....
You should have heard it firsthand!

We all talked about how we wished you were with us. It was lovely. Actually, we wished the whole gang of Diva's were there!
I would have or someone would of had to pick my jaw up off the ground.....

I would have meowed at it or something.......

Honestly that is too much........
Old 05-23-2009, 12:43 AM   #912
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Old 05-23-2009, 01:01 AM   #913
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So, is anyone coming out in September for the D23 convention thingie?
I am not going for that but will be there in September the 16th-21st. When is the convention?

Quote:
I'm coming in september.. arriving on the 11th.. leaving on the 15th..i'll be there for my birthday! My boyfriend was so cute.. i told him last night ooohhh please please let's celebrate my birthday at Disneyland.. and he got his blueberry thingie out.. and looked at the dates then laughed because he already had down.. Disneyland on those dates..
We are going to drive up.. and bring the boxes with all the stuff for my mom's party bags.. CheryL is so sweet to let me leave them with her as we will be flying and shipping would cost alot.
I can't believe I will be missing you by a day! I arrive the 16th...Care to extend your vaca?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisadoll93 View Post
Happy Dance, happy dance!!! We are going to DL Sept 18- Sept 20, its our first trip in almost 2 years.

Hey, we'll be there the same time...want to meet up?

Quote:

I'll be there Sept. 19th for my DS's b-day. Hope your ankle fells better.
Looks like a couple of us will be there at the same time in September...care to meet up for a ride or meal?

Sarah

sahbushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:45 AM   #914
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
I hope you have a great weekend all of you. Is it Michelle and the entire gang, or just Zoe?
It's the whole gang.

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:06 AM   #915
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Good morning!!!!!!!
I'm up way too early because I had to rescue Marty and his broken bicycle this morning. I heard the phone ringing at about 7:00, but he said he started calling at 6:30! Woops. At least I have a jump start in my day. Have a great day, friends!

BillyFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: