Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2009, 10:56 AM   #841
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Good Morning Ladies!!!! Happy friggin' Friday! WOO!

Stacie, super DUPER congratulations on graduating! You are a rock star and we are all so proud of you!!!

Steph, how sad for everyone. I will say a prayer for his family.

Dawn, welcome back!! It sounds like you had a super wonderful time, we missed you here!!

Laurie, you're doing great!! We're proud of you weining yourself! Keep it up!

Hi to everyone else! Kelly, Capri, Melody, Michelle!
Old 05-22-2009, 10:59 AM   #842
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoemakes5 View Post
I'd so be there if it wasn't so very close to me taking the bar exam. I will probably have my nose in the books.
Well you're still invited! Shortly before I'm going to post a message asking people who are interested in coming to PM me and I"ll give you my cell phone number. We'd love to have you but I understand how important studying is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post
Yes, today was the day. Its over and I am exhausted. I will post more about it later and with pics too. Thanks for all the well wishes.

Have a good one ladies. I will be in the parks tomorrow with my dad.
Doesn't it feel nice?! I went to bed before the sun completely set on the day I graduated (almost 2 weeks ago) just because I was EXHAUSTED! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21yankees View Post
Please keep this family in your thoughts and/or prayers. http://www.edwards.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123150653
Will do. That's so sad

Boo Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2009, 11:00 AM   #843
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post
Grabbing up Capri and pulling her into the "circle of Love"
But not in that *ick* Big Love sort of way.
Awwww, thanks babe. I feel warm and fuzzy all over now.

Do you watch Big Love too? I love that show.....that and True Blood. But, ah, yeah....the Big Love scenerio is like you said, *ick*. And yet I can't keep myself from watching it.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:18 AM   #844
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Morning girls!
Welcom Home Dawn
Sounds like you had such a great time....

Steph~ that is so sad, I heard about it on the radio this morning.

Hi Capri!

PS Dawn...I am waiting for a PM......
Old 05-22-2009, 11:19 AM   #845
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Are we still looking for t-shirt designs? Now that I am switching that class to independent study, I'll have time to do some sketches!

Boo Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:27 AM   #846
disney-super-mom
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post

Hi Capri!
Hi Deb. I've been missing you and reading your funny posts. How's everything going?
Old 05-22-2009, 11:36 AM   #847
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post

Stacie, super DUPER congratulations on graduating! You are a rock star and we are all so proud of you!!!

Steph, how sad for everyone. I will say a prayer for his family.

Dawn, welcome back!! It sounds like you had a super wonderful time, we missed you here!!

Laurie, you're doing great!! We're proud of you weining yourself! Keep it up!

Hi to everyone else! Kelly, Capri, Melody, Michelle!
Ditto to everything she said!

I read back, but don't have time to respond right now. Gotta jump in the shower to get ready for lunch with Amy, Jane and Donna.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!! Catch ya later.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:36 AM   #848
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Good morning and Happy, Happy Friday! I get off at 3pm today! My company is great in that the day before a holiday they let us off a couple of hours early and it's still paid time!

Quote:
Please keep this family in your thoughts and/or prayers. http://www.edwards.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123150653

steph
I saw this on the news last night...so sad. I didn't realize you were at Edwards. My DBF works in Palmdale and he knows several people who work or have worked at Edwards through his climbing club.

Quote:
Have a great day ladies! I am heading to DLR with my dad after I drop Taylor off at school.
Stacie - Congratulations on graduating! It feels wonderful doesn't it! Have a great day at DL with your Dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Hey Courtney! Amen!!! I am so glad it is Friday and a long weekend!
Our Denver Nuggest pulled it off last night! Your 'husband' K-mart played great! Now they are off to Denver for tomorrow nights game...I am hoping the home court magic will be with the Nuggies!

Dawn - Glad you had a great time in DL and I am really anxious to hear about your Napa Cooking School. My niece that just graduated from HS wants to be a chef and I would love to have her come out here next year and do that together if they have it that is.

Hang in there everyone in school. It is challenging I know I went back to get my BS when I was 38, working, family and school was really stressful but it was so worth it. And reading about all of you in school makes me think I may want to go back and get my Masters. Oh no someone slap me did I really jus type that?

I am so happy we have this long weekend. We really need this to get caught up! DBF has been working 14 hour days on a project that just got pulled and he is exhausted! Last weekend we were in Denver and then next weekend in Vancouver so this long weekend is such blessing! DBF's son is dieing to go to DL this weekend but I am not sure we'll get there. He said if he doesn't get there soon his head will explode!

Have a great day everyone!

CoMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:46 AM   #849
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Hi Courtney and everyone else!!

Checking in from work!

Steph will give prayers to the family. That is so sad!! And I hope that you guys have fun this weekend. Sometimes having no plans is still fun. You guys can just kick back and rent movies and play some games etc. It can STILL be fun. Sometimes those are the BEST kind of weekends. I know almost ALL our weekends are booked with swim team, soccer etc that we LOVE having an open weekend to just veg. So enjoy!!

I am just sitting here at work, got all my work done and going to take off here in a minute and go home and do some last minute straightening up.

Beth you guys have a GREAT lunch. Sounds like fun!!

Oh and for those wanna be Chef's or for those that enjoy cooking there is a new movie coming out about Julia Child with Meryl Streep playing the lead that looks REALLY cute. Katy wants to be a chef and I am going to take her to see it. It looks REALLY cute! It has Amy Adams in it as well. Looks cute AND funny!!

Oh and to Capri here is a Kumbaya for ya and to all of us for some group love!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:48 AM   #850
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:

So is there anyone else who has no plans for the long weekend like my family? The only thing we will do if it occurs is watch the space shuttle land. It looks like there's a chance it will land here due to weather in Florida. Other than that we're going to go through the kids toys and clothes to weed out the stuff they've outgrown and don't play with.

steph
steph: so sorry for that family--prayers and hugs to them. I heard on the news that the shuttle is landing in California (tomorrow?) so we know what you will be doing!

Quote:
Have a great day ladies! I am heading to DLR with my dad after I drop Taylor off at school.
I kinda feel like Dorthy in the Wizard of Oz.. when she has this Magical Experience.. and then she comes to the scarecrow and says.. i'll miss you Most! Well it's like that with Miss CheryL!
I'm really grateful for the time we shared. I have so many HaPpPy memories from the time shared. BeLLa is really wayyyy way cuter than the pics we've all seen..she has a little bearbutt and a fox face.. and is so sweet natured. CheryL has the kewlest disney art in her office.. i took photos of them and am going to email them to CheryL today. What can i say... CheryL's my HeartFriend.. and she was just so Lovely to Bob and I.
All i can say is... CheryL... you know i've got your bacK!
And Thank You for the very special time at Your Home, The French Dinner and The Grand.[/QUOTE]

Bella misses Aunt Dawn already--so does Raja! Girls, it was amazing--the cat that was afraid of everything came right to Dawn and let her pet him for a long time. And Bella--she just totally calmed down with Dawn--it was so cute. I miss you too--wish we lived closer for those spur of the moment meals and shopping trips we could take girlfriend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Bear View Post
Are we still looking for t-shirt designs? Now that I am switching that class to independent study, I'll have time to do some sketches!
I don't think we've settled on a final t-shirt so design away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
Bridgette, that's your b-day, right? I want to come! I can probably leave work early and join you guys in the afternoon. Cheryl is right, the Raspberry Champagne cocktail we had yesterday was really nice. Sitting outside enjoying the sites at DCA on the patio by WCT - it was a great spot. Actually there were several groups of women/families doing the same thing and one lady came back to her table with a loaf of Mickey French Bread from the bakery and gave us all a piece to nibble on. It was marvelous! Anyway, I will plan on coming to help you celebrate Boo Bear.

Oh, and one last thing. Guess who just happened to be standing at the podium right next to our table? Ryan and his butt, of course! We can never escape him! Cheryl or Dawn noticed him first and I almost didn't believe it. He was standing there looking bored the whole time.
Yay--drinkies with Bridgette and Linda! And I think we should start a "Salute to Ryan ('s butt) Facebook page or something. And whenever we see him our goal is to get a new pic to add to the collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
So the new one starting up now is the So you think you can dance..... love the auditions, hate Mary & her screaming & then I tend to get bored with it....but it will give me a week or two of reality pleasure.
I can't stand Mary's screaming either but I LOVE Nigel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if we were able to just point him out sometime during the day. He's always around! And yesterday he wasn't even wearing his plaid outfit. He was wearing the nice long sleeved navy blue dress shirt and khaki pants that Liz wore during our Segway Tour. Threw me for a loop at first.
Yep--there's obviously some life lesson we're all supposed to learn from Ryan because he keeps showing up at all the Diva adventures!

Quote:
Yes, today was the day. Its over and I am exhausted. I will post more about it later and with pics too. Thanks for all the well wishes.

Have a good one ladies. I will be in the parks tomorrow with my dad.
We are so proud of you Stacie!! I can't imagine all you gals with kids going to school and holding down jobs. Again, have a great day with your Dad today--you deserve it! What are you doin' for the rest of the weekend to celebrate?

OK--guess I'd better start working--have a great day Divas!

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:51 AM   #851
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Oh and for those wanna be Chef's or for those that enjoy cooking there is a new movie coming out about Julia Child with Meryl Streep playing the lead that looks REALLY cute. Katy wants to be a chef and I am going to take her to see it. It looks REALLY cute! It has Amy Adams in it as well. Looks cute AND funny!!
Thanks for the movie info. I'll tell my niece and sister. I am really excited for her! My niece wants to be a chef too! But she is going to a community college next year to get her pre-reqs out of the way because culinary school is so expensive! She is looking into Johnson and Whales they have a campus in Denver. I want to look for some good culinary schools out here because I'd love to have her out here for a couple of years!

CoMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:31 PM   #852
disney-super-mom
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Bear View Post
I'm pretty sure that nothing has been decided yet for t-shirt designs. I would love to see your sketches! That is so cool that you have the talent to do that.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:40 PM   #853
disney-super-mom
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post

Oh and to Capri here is a Kumbaya for ya and to all of us for some group love!
Thanks Kelly! Group love is gooooooood!

I've been so busy working on essays, class observations, and doing other assignments, that I haven't had time to do much of anything else. It's nice to have a little time today to say hi to my family of DisBoard Gals.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:48 PM   #854
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
Hi Deb. I've been missing you and reading your funny posts. How's everything going?
Life has been pretty boring. Just school & baseball. I am so glad it is almost over. I swear I have essay after essay!!

The pool open this weekend, the boys are so excited about that. We are going to get our season pass pics taken today.
They get out of school early & Kaeleb really wants to see Night at the Museum, so we might go see that. Then head home for a bit. Then head back down to the park. We have a carnival & lots of things going on in town this weekend. So we are meeting up with some friends to have a picnic of KFC & watch the Lip Sync contest. Tomorrow I am taking the boys to the carnival. It should be a long and fun day. Sunday is the usual Sunday BBQ.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #855
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Just a quick drive-by to say hey! Busy, busy , busy! Happy Friday, friends!

BillyFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: