Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2009, 12:35 AM   #676
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post
Hey I live in this same area!!

A song? Really? How does it go?
I don't know how to translate that to writing?! The words are just "Apple Maggot Quarantine Area, Do not transport homegrown fruit" I can't think of a song with the same notes. Tell you what, I will sing it for you next time I see you!

Sarah

sahbushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:48 AM   #677
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacielee View Post

Oh, and I hit the warehouse store on the way out and found the BEST gift for me!!! They had ONE of the Disneyland 50th Anniversary Lands Print Sets by Shag. I LOVE those, and was so jealous when Cheryl got a set last year. I called hubby and he said, "if that's what makes you happy..." Of course!!! So I now have a set!!! They are so cool, I can't wait to get them framed and hung up.
I had a lot of fun with you and your daughter and her friends. Did the underwear fit, I'm wondering? Large is a bit big on me. This Shag set sounds sooo cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
LOL--so you DID get it! When I got your text I was laughing to myself. If you haven't gotten them framed by the time you come in July you'll have to come by the office and see mine. Of course, it only took me a year to get mine framed . . . .
Cheryl, love to see a photo of this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Bear View Post
I used to be a demonstrator for Stampin' Up! If you've never heard of it... it's a company like Mary Kay or Pampered Chef only for rubber stamps and craft supplies.
I still have 4 days left on those auctions too! The # is $750 and growing
Ah, okay, so it's scrapbooking supplies and has a brand name people know. I see why it's selling so well. Good going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post

Huh. Good to know. Thanks!

Wow. We are at 101 now and steadily climbing
Is it usually this hot in May? We're having a heat wave here too.

Oh, meant to say that if you have parchment cooking paper, that is even better for making the cone. But most people don't have that but they might have waxed paper.

Quote:
She tried to have an MRI on Friday, but was so claustropohbic she couldn't do it. She did an "open" MRI today, but even that took five hours because she had to stop and start.
Good wishes her way. I hope they medicated her since they knew she had a problem before. It makes a big difference to be medicated.

Good thoughts also to Steph's boss's sister and Cristabel's family.

D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
CaliforniaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2009, 12:52 AM   #678
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
The surgery is now scheduled for Friday.
I'll be thinking good thoughts for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccdisney View Post
Looking forward to this weekend when my dh and I are going to Tahoe alone!
Where are you staying? Need any hotel recommendations? I know a lovely place with fun theme rooms.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post

Now that's a great idea! Put the whole thing under my DIS name?
Thanks!!
Now you just need the tag fairy to come along and colorize it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
I want to make a good cobbler. Apple, please. I'll pass on the maggots, Sarah!
But that's the protein.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:53 AM   #679
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post

Is it usually this hot in May? We're having a heat wave here too.
No. We are definitely above average. We should only be around 88-90, NOT over 100. Hopefully we'll drop back down soon.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:07 AM   #680
mommaU4

Well, I did a good deed tonight. (cue the angelic choir music please)

The twins and I were out grocery shopping this evening, and I spotted a bunch of money folded up on the floor near the frozen foods. I picked it up and discovered over $60 in there. No one was near by to ask if it belonged to them, so I told the girls we had to go to customer service and turn it in.

They wanted to know why we couldn't keep it. I asked, "What if it was your money and you lost it, wouldn't you want some one to turn it in for you?" They both said yes, so off we went.

The lady at the desk took my name and home number, then said if no one claimed it within 30 days, they'd call me and it was mine to keep. Hmmmm, cool.

Before I even left the store, my cell phone (well, technically it's Ruben's) rang signaling I had a message waiting for me on our home voicemail. It was from the lady who'd lost the money!
She got my name and number from the store because she wanted to call and thank me for turning it in. She said, "You don't know what kind of year we've had and this just means so much. Thank you and God bless you."

I let the kids hear the message so they could understand first hand why it was so important to turn that money in. You never know who desperately would miss it.

Too bad, it would have been nice to have kept it. I could have used it for Vegas next month!

Just kidding! lol Hearing that lady's message, and the sound of her voice when she was thanking me, it was like she really couldn't believe someone had turned it in.
That was really cool, and made me like a million bucks.

So there. I did my good deed for the year. Can I go back to normal now?

Night ladies! Talk to y'all tomorrow.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:12 AM   #681
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

It's like the mastercard commercial...

Priceless.

Good job, mom.

In Japan, if someone drops their purse off their bike, people hang it on the closest telephone pole. And the next day, they can find it with all the money still in it. I lost my wallet once, and returned to the cafe and got it back.

Thanks for sharing this story. I love hearing things like this. If only everyone....

Quote:

The twins and I were out grocery shopping this evening, and I spotted a bunch of money folded up on the floor near the frozen foods. I picked it up and discovered over $60 in there. No one was near by to ask if it belonged to them, so I told the girls we had to go to customer service and turn it in.

They wanted to know why we couldn't keep it. I asked, "What if it was your money and you lost it, wouldn't you want some one to turn it in for you?" They both said yes, so off we went.

The lady at the desk took my name and home number, then said if no one claimed it within 30 days, they'd call me and it was mine to keep. Hmmmm, cool.

Before I even left the store, my cell phone (well, technically it's Ruben's) rang signaling I had a message waiting for me on our home voicemail. It was from the lady who'd lost the money!
She got my name and number from the store because she wanted to call and thank me for turning it in. She said, "You don't know what kind of year we've had and this just means so much. Thank you and God bless you."

I let the kids hear the message so they could understand first hand why it was so important to turn that money in. You never know who desperately would miss it.

Too bad, it would have been nice to have kept it. I could have used it for Vegas next month!

Just kidding! lol Hearing that lady's message, and the sound of her voice when she was thanking me, it was like she really couldn't believe someone had turned it in.

D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
CaliforniaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:17 AM   #682
Zoemakes5
Support me in my Disney mania
Still likes pennies more than quarters
Had to pop SOMETHING

Great job, Beth! Sounds like you made that lady's day. I can't imagine how I'd feel if all I had for groceries was $60 cash and I lost it. How panicked I'd feel, and I wouldn't really have any hope anyone would turn it in.

Did anyone see Home Makeover on Sunday? I just watched it over the internet, because I forgot to DVR it and I was almost in tears so many times. Great episode.
Zoemakes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:06 AM   #683
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
I don't know how to translate that to writing?! The words are just "Apple Maggot Quarantine Area, Do not transport homegrown fruit" I can't think of a song with the same notes. Tell you what, I will sing it for you next time I see you!

Sarah
I think you should perform at the next Meet and Greet! This sounds like a classic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
Cancer is on the rampage right now!
My dad - Thyroid cancer (surgery & radiation)
My uncle - prostate cancer (stage 3)
My aunt - cancer in her lymph nodes (stage 1 & in aggressive treatment!)

Richard (deacon at church) - a cancerous mass at the base of his spine
Mr. Balagtas - cancer (I don't know where)
June (my boss's mom) - cancer in her kidney and liver

I don't know what the heck is going on!

In late April we always have the Cowboy Festival and they have THE best peach cobbler! Ugh, it's so bad for you but it's SOOOOO good. If anyone's available, they should go (if they like cowboy music). It's a great event.
That is weird about how it seems to go in waves (cancer).

I saw that peach cobbler on t.v. once--they do it in a camp stove thingie over a fire, right? It looked yummy!

Quote:

Good for you--and for the valuable lesson for the girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post
It's like the mastercard commercial...

Priceless.

Good job, mom.

In Japan, if someone drops their purse off their bike, people hang it on the closest telephone pole. And the next day, they can find it with all the money still in it. I lost my wallet once, and returned to the cafe and got it back.

Thanks for sharing this story. I love hearing things like this. If only everyone....

Yep--hear ya--if only everyone . . . . .

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:30 AM   #684
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Good Morning, Divas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4
That was really cool, and made me like a million bucks. .
Beth, you were supposed to find her money, so she could find it again. Bless your heart ~ and what a good example for the twins. Sometimes we just get these little gifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka
Sarah
I agree with Cheryl - this should definitely be performed at the next Meet n Greet ~ if our Girls Only is the next one. If not, please save it for then.

My goodness, it is cold here this morning! 41 when I woke up at 6:30. Brrrr. Thank goodness it wlil be in the 70's... a bit cool for this time of year. Hoping Sunday is not too hot tho ...Sophia's Christening is this Sunday.

Hope it's a good Tuesday for all.

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:13 AM   #685
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

I think today Dawn and Cheryl are doing a cooking event!

Have a great time ladies!!

And good morning to everyone else!
Old 05-19-2009, 09:13 AM   #686
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Morning all.

Beth that was an awesome thing you did! I ALWAYS try to do that kind of stuff and it seems that never comes back around to me but it does to my mom at least. We were in Disney World and she lost her really nice watch on Dinosaur and we thought for sure she would not get it back but we checked on our way out and sure enough it was there. Then she lost something else that I can't remember now what it was and got IT back too. Oh yeah at the Girls trip. Remember her bag with her BRAND new camera!! We went to the DVC thing and she left it outside that WHOLE time and sure enough she got it back. THAT was lucky. The watch wasn't THAT expensive but the digi camera WAS. She was REALLY lucky. We went to DL and I lost a stupid 5 dollar visor and Lynn lost a purse that had NOTHING in it on the same trip and neither of us got either one back . Figures. I have returned a cell phone that I found in a shopping cart and and I found the entire contents of a purse INCLUDING a phone in our ditch in front of our house which had a gals wallet with her credit cards and drivers license etc. But I guess some day it will come back to me. But Beth that was REALLY nice of you and a GREAT lesson to your girls!! You are just a great person that way! And don't even kid yourself. We all know you would ALWAYS do the right thing.

And prayers to ALL the people with cancer, Steph and Cristabel's friends. That is really tough. Did you guys see the special on Farrah Fawcett. That is just so sad to see people go through that.

And speaking of the cobbler that sounds YUM. My mom used to make one that had peach AND blackberries and it was REALLY good. We had blackberry bushes in our garden and it was SO good. That was our dessert EVERY 4th of July!

Well today I have off and that is pretty much my only day I have to get my chores done. Tomorrow I have TWO apts, my therapist and my dentist and Thursday is the girls short day at school. So I am going to be running round here like a mad woman doing laundry and cleaning. Then tonight it looks like we are for sure going to skip swim and let the girls go to the art show. I don't know how much of "their" art will be there but they really want to go so we shall see. It will be nice to take a break from swim for a night though.

Then tonight is Idol so I am excited to see how that goes and then they will crown the winner of Dancing. I have NO idea who will win. I think it is a pretty even match this year. Anyway that's bout it for me. Hope everyone has a great day. See ya later.

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:31 AM   #687
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Good morninggg ladies!!! How is everyone?
Old 05-19-2009, 10:07 AM   #688
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Good Morning Ladies,
Thank you so much for the support!! This is definately something I want to do & I just have to find that inner strength to defeat it. I've tried the patches before & found out I'm allergic to the sticky stuff on them, I can't chew the gum due to bad teeth & TMJ, I don't have health insurance so no magic pills either. This will come down to me, making changes & decreasing until I don't physically need the nicotine in my system to function. Today I'm trying to go 2 hours between (which is cutting back at least half of my daily intake)......

So sad about all the cancer talk.....prayers for all those affected by this.

Good for you Beth!!!! The lady who lost it was probably older & on a limited income.....that was probably her grocery money for the rest of the month. What a beautiful gift you shared with your twins about doing the right thing!!

All this food talk.....I'm gaining weight just reading thru these!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!! Gonna be cooler here today...... 90's the last 3 days & today is supposed to top off at 68......and maybe even sprinkle!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:10 AM   #689
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Morning girls!

Beth~ you taught the girls a very good lesson last night! great job!!
Old 05-19-2009, 11:20 AM   #690
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think you should perform at the next Meet and Greet! This sounds like a classic!

. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
I agree with Cheryl - this should definitely be performed at the next Meet n Greet ~ if our Girls Only is the next one. If not, please save it for then.

:
Soooooooooooooo not happening.

Sarah

sahbushka is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: