Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-06-2009, 06:35 PM   #3616
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us
 
BillyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 2,096

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Just trying to keep things updated. Can you take a peek and if there need to be any changes made to the roomie list, will you please let me know. Also if I've missed anyone let me know and I'll add you. Thanks!!!


Roomie Group 1
Sarah M.
January
Capri

Roomie Group 2
Jane
Amy
Vicki


Roomie Group 3
Beth
Mary (aunt??)

Roomie Group 4
Kelly
Rosemarie

Roomie Group 5
Donna
Theresa

Roomie Group 6 (full)
Stacie B.
Heather
Katie
Janelle
Callie (??)

Roomie Group 7 (full)
Stacie F.
Amy Sue
Steph
Cristabel
Debbie

Roomie Group 8 (full)
Sally
Dawn
Cheryl
Wendy
Melody

Roomie Group 9
Patty
Becci

Roomie Group 10
Linda
Brianne

Roomie Group 11
Sarah
Trudi

Roomie Group 12
Courtney
Felecia

Roomie Group 13 (looking for 1 more roomie)
Kerry
Erin (part of the time)
My mom and I will berooming together again.

Andwe always have snackies in our room. Water, string cheese, pretzels, my almond, chocolate cranberry mix, fruit, etc. We wouldn't want to starve now, would we?

We won't be doing tours, and I'm not sure on Goofy's either. Time (and the budget) will tell.
__________________

BillyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:43 PM   #3617
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!
 
MotoXPrincess99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 89 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth
Posts: 5,613

Any idea on what time Friday's dinner will be? My mom and I are coming in Friday evening. We want to do Goofy's Kitchen and Cafe Orleans and the Cove Bar.
__________________
MotoXPrincess99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-06-2009, 07:22 PM   #3618
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to
 
Stacerita's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Anaheim, Ca
Posts: 14,330

Just checking in with everyone.

I am not planning on doing any tours this time. I am so looking forward to the scavenger hunt though. I plan to spend time riding rides, catching up with the ladies, and taking tons of pics. As much as I love a schedule, I don't want to over schedule myself. I do plan to do the group meals, and the rides/attractions we decide to do as a group though.

I can't wait!!!
__________________

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Stacerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:29 PM   #3619
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls
 
toocherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,323

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendylady36 View Post
Dawnikins is home! I hope you had a fun trip, even though it wasn't the best of circumstances.

Big hugs to everyone.

You all just reminded me about the scavenger hunt, I haven't thought about it in awhile. I have a little list of clues already made up, but there's still a long ways to go on it. Too bad I can't meet up with my fellow committee members in October to work on it. *sigh* poor me (and Beth and Deb for not getting to go either in October).

I think the great thing about this trip is that we can pick and choose what to do or not do. I am hoping to have more time to kick back and spend time with the ladies this trip and am not planning any tours--will make some of the meals but not all.


Wendy: I really respect the decision you, Beth and Deb have made. Sometimes it's hard to have to make those decisions -- luckily we have e-mail so will be able to work on the scavenger hunt together even though you are in NorCal!
__________________

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:33 PM   #3620
Queenbillabong
Second to the right and straight on til morning
Just like melted butter
We may need a table by the loo
 
Queenbillabong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Beautiful BC
Posts: 4,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
I've also been figuring out some questions for the hunt. It's fun!


And I'll hold anyone's hand, and go on any ride. Oh.........except the evil gondolas!! My DD Kaitlyn hates that ride. Said it is the scariest one, she has ever been on. That was enough of a clue for me!!
By evil gondolas, do you mean the Sun Wheel, or whatever the heck it's called now?? I HATE that ride!!! I did the swinging cars with Jesse and I about died - plus we had to spend the entire ride facing a German couple who really should have stayed in their hotel room - all while trying to not slide off the seat and not look down at the water Oy, never again!


Angie - the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour is really good and I would recommend that. We did it last year and it was fun
__________________
Queenbillabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:44 PM   #3621
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

 
disney-super-mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spokane, Washington
Posts: 6,441

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
And I'll hold anyone's hand, and go on any ride. Oh.........except the evil gondolas!! My DD Kaitlyn hates that ride. Said it is the scariest one, she has ever been on. That was enough of a clue for me!!
How funny, the gondolas don't bother me at all. I think they are kind of fun. Actually I love all the rides at DLR.....except.....TOT. I rode it once at WDW, and now that I know what to expect, I'm having a hard time getting myself back on it.
(Just liquor me up first. I'll probably stumble into the TOT willingly then.)

Oh, and I would never ride Maliboomer, but I really don't count that as a real Disneyland ride since you can find those drop towers in just about every themepark.

But all the other thrill rides I LOVE!!!!
__________________
disney-super-mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:16 PM   #3622
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers
 
tinkermell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Central California
Posts: 7,660

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbillabong View Post
By evil gondolas, do you mean the Sun Wheel, or whatever the heck it's called now?? I HATE that ride!!! I did the swinging cars with Jesse and I about died - plus we had to spend the entire ride facing a German couple who really should have stayed in their hotel room - all while trying to not slide off the seat and not look down at the water Oy, never again!


Angie - the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour is really good and I would recommend that. We did it last year and it was fun
I've done this tour too. It is very good.

Yes!! The evil gondolas are what they now call Mickey's Fun Wheel. Kaitlyn said exactly what you said. She felt like she was going to fly off into the water, and hated that there was nothing to keep you secure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
I think the great thing about this trip is that we can pick and choose what to do or not do. I am hoping to have more time to kick back and spend time with the ladies this trip and am not planning any tours--will make some of the meals but not all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post
I am not planning on doing any tours this time. I am so looking forward to the scavenger hunt though. I plan to spend time riding rides, catching up with the ladies, and taking tons of pics. As much as I love a schedule, I don't want to over schedule myself. I do plan to do the group meals, and the rides/attractions we decide to do as a group though.
And that is what is so nice about this trip. You can do what you want, eat where you want, and if you want to take a break, no big deal.

Gotta love it, and all of you ladies, who make this great time possible!!
__________________
tinkermell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:21 PM   #3623
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad
 
jordansmomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Desert Oasis, Washington
Posts: 4,629

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post
aahh Debra.. i'm sorry you are having challenges with your son.. he's a good kid just going through a rough age... you are a Strong Intelligent and Good Mother.. i 'm sending you lots of love through this time.

I'll be on the laid back plan on this trip too.

I was really hoping we could plan a movie night and order in chinese food or pizza or something fun.

Sometimes being the responsible parent kind of sucks! But like I said I can't reward him for being a butt.
I am really going to miss seeing you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post
Does anyone else bring things to eat in the room? We always do. I like having breakfast in the room each day. Then we have lunch and dinner at the park with snacks in the room later that night.

I bring cheeses and crackers with deli meats for the snacks. Usually homemade cookies and we had the great candy from mixer night candy bar last year!

I hope we do the candy bar again..that was alot of fun!
I know where i am heading in the mornings!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
For all of us not doing tours and inviting ourselves along with Melody to ride the scary rides with Beth......ummmm, I would need someone to hold my hand on TOT.....that is if someone could drag me on it.



I roomed with Beth and January last year......you know, the room that was more like a convenience store.

Yep, others definitely bring stuff to eat and drink in the room. Now that I think back on it, I can't remember if I payed Beth back for buying the snacks and my oh-so-important Diet Pepsi? Gee, I hope I remembered to do that.

Beth, can you remember if I payed you back for our supplies?
Oh Diet Pepis is oh so important.
jordansmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:23 PM   #3624
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers
 
tinkermell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Central California
Posts: 7,660

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
How funny, the gondolas don't bother me at all. I think they are kind of fun. Actually I love all the rides at DLR.....except.....TOT. I rode it once at WDW, and now that I know what to expect, I'm having a hard time getting myself back on it.
(Just liquor me up first. I'll probably stumble into the TOT willingly then.)

Oh, and I would never ride Maliboomer, but I really don't count that as a real Disneyland ride since you can find those drop towers in just about every themepark.

But all the other thrill rides I LOVE!!!!
Actually I have never done Maliboomer either. Don't really want too, but I guess I would..... I guess.

Now give me the ToT anytime. I absolutely love that ride. And the one at DCA, isn't as bad as WDW's. So Capri, I will hold your hand. And no liquor please...........that would not be a pretty picture, if it decided to come back to haunt you, and me holding your hand!!
__________________
tinkermell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:29 PM   #3625
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them
 
lulubelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Rancho Belago, CA
Posts: 5,154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post
Just checking in with everyone.

I am not planning on doing any tours this time. I am so looking forward to the scavenger hunt though. I plan to spend time riding rides, catching up with the ladies, and taking tons of pics. As much as I love a schedule, I don't want to over schedule myself. I do plan to do the group meals, and the rides/attractions we decide to do as a group though.

I can't wait!!!

Ditto to a tee (well, except the picture taking part, I leave that to Miss Expert).

As far as a movie/chinese food/whatever night, what about Monday night? The parks will most likely close early anyway, right? I would love that, too.
__________________

DH~You will forever be in my heart
lulubelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:29 PM   #3626
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers
 
tinkermell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Central California
Posts: 7,660

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post
Sometimes being the responsible parent kind of sucks! But like I said I can't reward him for being a butt.
I am really going to miss seeing you guys.
.
Deb, you are being a very wise and loving Mom.

We will miss seeing you too.
__________________
tinkermell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:43 PM   #3627
21yankees
I want to move into Disneyland!

 
21yankees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,512

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
Ditto to a tee (well, except the picture taking part, I leave that to Miss Expert).

As far as a movie/chinese food/whatever night, what about Monday night? The parks will most likely close early anyway, right? I would love that, too.
I think Monday night would be perfect for "movie/chinese food/whatever night".

steph
__________________


AKA Cynical Dwarf
21yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:51 PM   #3628
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!
 
stacielee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Peoria, AZ (originally Michigan)
Posts: 2,752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbillabong View Post
By evil gondolas, do you mean the Sun Wheel, or whatever the heck it's called now?? I HATE that ride!!! I did the swinging cars with Jesse and I about died - plus we had to spend the entire ride facing a German couple who really should have stayed in their hotel room - all while trying to not slide off the seat and not look down at the water Oy, never again!

Angie - the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour is really good and I would recommend that. We did it last year and it was fun

Oh come on, it's not that bad, I just went on it and screamed, but it was till fun, it's not like you're going to fall out... Have you heard of anyone doing that on the Fun/Sun Wheel?? You guys are funny. This is Disneyland we're talking about!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
How funny, the gondolas don't bother me at all. I think they are kind of fun. Actually I love all the rides at DLR.....except.....TOT. I rode it once at WDW, and now that I know what to expect, I'm having a hard time getting myself back on it.
(Just liquor me up first. I'll probably stumble into the TOT willingly then.)

Oh, and I would never ride Maliboomer, but I really don't count that as a real Disneyland ride since you can find those drop towers in just about every themepark.

But all the other thrill rides I LOVE!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
I've done this tour too. It is very good.

Yes!! The evil gondolas are what they now call Mickey's Fun Wheel. Kaitlyn said exactly what you said. She felt like she was going to fly off into the water, and hated that there was nothing to keep you secure.

And that is what is so nice about this trip. You can do what you want, eat where you want, and if you want to take a break, no big deal.

Gotta love it, and all of you ladies, who make this great time possible!!
Like Mel said, it's different than WDW. And I think tamer. You can do it, Capri!! And I can do the Maliboomer, just don't prefer to!!
__________________
stacielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:06 PM   #3629
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that
 
mommaU4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV.
Posts: 44,194

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post

Beth, can you remember if I payed you back for our supplies?
LOL No, I can't. But I'm sure you did. No worries silly.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbillabong View Post
Beth - if you can handle Indy (which is a bone rattler!), you can totally do Space Mountain or Tower of Terror. You can do it
I've done both but I just don't like them. Especially Space. Makes me dizzy.




Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Disney Lover View Post
I understand that many of you have done tours already, I'm a newbie and will be happy with any tour since it will be my only trip without kids for quite awhile. Any other newbies have ideas on tours you may want to do?
Segway and Walk in Walt's Footsteps are both fun. You really can't go wrong with either, or both.



Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
My mom and I will be rooming together again.
OK, I'll add you. Thanks.



Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
Any idea on what time Friday's dinner will be? My mom and I are coming in Friday evening. We want to do Goofy's Kitchen and Cafe Orleans and the Cove Bar.
I'm not sure. But we can talk about it later and try to make it so you two can join us.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post
As much as I love a schedule, I don't want to over schedule myself. I do plan to do the group meals, and the rides/attractions we decide to do as a group though.
Same here.



Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post

Oh, and I would never ride Maliboomer, but I really don't count that as a real Disneyland ride since you can find those drop towers in just about every themepark.
I've even done Maliboomer. Three times I think. I don't like it though. lol My eyes were closed the whole time. Same as on Screamin. heehee
__________________
mommaU4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:09 PM   #3630
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that
 
mommaU4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV.
Posts: 44,194

Don't you hate when you go on a thread and ask a direct question and it's totally ignored?? So freakin rude. Now I remember why I stay away from other threads and stick with our nice one.

I'm pooped. Long day here. I think I'm gonna go chill, maybe work on my farm. lol Have a good evening ladies. Talk to you tomorrow.
__________________
mommaU4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Little Warrior's Wish Come True -- Marenna's Trip Report littlewarriorsmom Completed Trip Reports 110 10-20-2009 09:14 PM
Singles Trip to WDW in 2009 Part 2 Jenroc Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers 1551 09-10-2009 08:20 PM
Trip Planning: Age for Childrens First Visit Orlando Planner UK Trip Planning Forum 18 05-12-2009 05:04 AM
postpone trip JadeDarkstar Disneyland (California) 12 05-11-2009 06:31 PM
Girls Only Trip (old planning thread, see link to new one in 1st post) mommaU4 Disneyland (California) 3652 05-11-2009 03:54 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.