Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2009, 10:13 PM   #301
21yankees
I want to move into Disneyland!

Hi Cheryl

I have 12 books to study for 2 tests (each is 100 questions). Other than that they count how long I've had my current rank (Technical Sergeant) on. How long I've been in the military. They count my performance reports and medals. The tests are pretty hard (for me anyway). I'll test again next year (right before our next big trip) for Master Sergeant. I've never made my next rank on the first time testing. I just need to study more this year...

steph

AKA Cynical Dwarf
21yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:35 PM   #302
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
I hate to admit this--but I don't know what camel toe shorts are . . .
Goggle it. Then have a good laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21yankees View Post
Evening everyone. I hope you all had a nice day. I'm just glad I get to go home in a few days. I found out this evening that I didn't make my next rank... I won't be able to test again until next year....I had a feeling that I wasn't going to make the score cutoff but it sure would have been nice had I made it...

Enough about me, how are you all doing????

steph
Sorry to hear about that.

Quote:
Hi Cheryl

I have 12 books to study for 2 tests (each is 100 questions). Other than that they count how long I've had my current rank (Technical Sergeant) on. How long I've been in the military. They count my performance reports and medals. The tests are pretty hard (for me anyway). I'll test again next year (right before our next big trip) for Master Sergeant. I've never made my next rank on the first time testing. I just need to study more this year...

steph
Good luck.

Has anyone given more thought about the tours? No reason, just wondering.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Stacerita is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2009, 10:42 PM   #303
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post
Goggle it. Then have a good laugh.

Sorry to hear about that.

Good luck.

Has anyone given more thought about the tours? No reason, just wondering.
actually--I've been more thinking "not" about tours--this last trip seemed so jam-packed that I'm afraid no one had much "downtime" just to explore the park and ride rides--so I'm hoping since we are expanding the trip maybe we won't have as much "pre-planned" every day so we can just explore and enjoy the parks with each other. I know I could have solved part of the problem by just not booking as much, but it's hard when you want to be with everyone! And it isn't like anything wasn't fun (well, other than the VIP tour) so it's really hard! then I start thinking--wouldn't a breakfast at Steakhouse 55 be a nice change (no characters--not to spendy) and then I get sucked back into the planning mode again!

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:47 PM   #304
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed

Quote:
actually--I've been more thinking "not" about tours--this last trip seemed so jam-packed that I'm afraid no one had much "downtime" just to explore the park and ride rides--so I'm hoping since we are expanding the trip maybe we won't have as much "pre-planned" every day so we can just explore and enjoy the parks with each other. I know I could have solved part of the problem by just not booking as much, but it's hard when you want to be with everyone! And it isn't like anything wasn't fun (well, other than the VIP tour) so it's really hard! then I start thinking--wouldn't a breakfast at Steakhouse 55 be a nice change (no characters--not to spendy) and then I get sucked back into the planning mode again!
I know what you mean. I only booked one tour last year, and still felt like I was over planned for the trip. I do like having meals and making a point of meeting up with others for meals. That at least makes me break. But going from one thing to the next to the next can get a bit tiring.

I was just asking about the tours in general. There really isn't a tour that I am thinking of doing. I probably won't book any this coming up trip.

Steakhouse 55 might be a nice change. I think that should be considered. Maybe on the last day before everyone leaves.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:10 PM   #305
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Ariel's Grotto:

We never ran out food at Ariel's but I'm assuming if you needed more they would bring out more.....

Okay a few pics:

Hope that helps!!
Ooh! Looks yummy!!!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshiregirl View Post
I leave tomorrow morning and need to pack, but I just wanted to wish everyone else who is traveling this weekend a safe and happy trip! I will be back home next Wednesday night and hope to get caught up by next weekend. Luckily I'm having lunch with Donna, Beth and Amy on Friday, so I should get the highlights then at a minimum!
Have a great time!!

Quote:
I hate to admit this--but I don't know what camel toe shorts are . . .

See--now you're not sad about no thunderstorms in Calif, right?
I don't know what they are either. Unless they are like "Hot Pants!" Yikes........do you remember those Cheryl??? LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Bear View Post
The camel toe shorts I was referring to are those high wasted shorts that Katy Perry is notorious for wearing that are super short and always accentuate the camel toe region IMO.

I don't mind the tornadoes as long as they tear down my parents house or suck one of us up while we're out and about I joke because I'm not scared and paranoid like a lot of people, I'm wise... like a person who was raised by a family from the midwest. I know how to prepare, what to look for and what to do in the event that something were to happen. With that being said... Perhaps I'll see scarecrow, tin man and cowardly lion tonight! It isn't Kansas, but it's close enough!
I do not like any kind of thunder storm!!! Well maybe baby ones...........but I have experienced the midwest and south's storms, and they are really really scary!! I am a California girl at heart!

Quote:
Evening everyone. I hope you all had a nice day. I'm just glad I get to go home in a few days. I found out this evening that I didn't make my next rank... I won't be able to test again until next year....I had a feeling that I wasn't going to make the score cutoff but it sure would have been nice had I made it...

Enough about me, how are you all doing????

steph
Aw Steph! Take care!
Old 05-13-2009, 11:12 PM   #306
21yankees
I want to move into Disneyland!

I don't think I'm going to do any tours this trip either. I like the group rides and things like that though. More time for everyone to get together and yet a lot less structure.

steph

AKA Cynical Dwarf
21yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:12 PM   #307
Stacerita

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
I don't know what they are either. Unless they are like "Hot Pants!" Yikes........do you remember those Cheryl??? LOL!
Just to clarify, you can have camel toe shorts, camel toe jeans, camel toe yoga pants, and camel toe bathing suits. The camel toe is the look you get from them. Google it, you need to know. And I can't put it here without laughing so hard Ill wet my pants.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:13 PM   #308
tinkermell
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccdisney View Post
I don't have the time to read back right now but wanted to stop by and say hi!

I did see Mel's post about the Costco package. We also did the 5 for 3 package through Costco for our upcoming trip on May 30th. We will be upgrading to AP's again while there.
BUT I don't believe Ariel's Grotto is included in the free character meal. Not sure why - remember reading that somewhere and it is not listed on the vouchers you get. They list Minnie's in DL, Storyteller's in GC, Lilo's at PP, and Goofy's at DLH. All for breakfast only. We are doing Goofy's because we haven't done it in years! (I refuse to pay adult price for my dd11 until she starts eating more! )
Hope that helps!

Everyone have a great evening! I will be home all day tomorrow while the workmen are putting our floors in so I will try to catch up on the thread then!

Becci
Well that is too bad. I wonder why? That's the one I really want to go to!!

Waaaaaah!
Old 05-13-2009, 11:17 PM   #309
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just to clarify, you can have camel toe shorts, camel toe jeans, camel toe yoga pants, and camel toe bathing suits. The camel toe is the look you get from them. Google it, you need to know. And I can't put it here without laughing so hard Ill wet my pants.
Or your camel toes!!

I've also heard camel toes called Levi Lips...

Are we getting warm here?

AmySue
grumpyvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:19 PM   #310
tinkermell
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Ok...........I just looked it up! I will try and post a pic. Hope I don't get into trouble here.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm...these were not the Hot Pants I was thinking of.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:25 PM   #311
tinkermell
Beware of the stalkers

I guess my image scared everyone away!!
Old 05-13-2009, 11:25 PM   #312
Stacerita

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
Or your camel toes!!

I've also heard camel toes called Levi Lips...

Are we getting warm here?

AmySue
Yep, you are getting warmer.....fire hot.

Quote:
Ok...........I just looked it up! I will try and post a pic. Hope I don't get into trouble here.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm...these were not the Hot Pants I was thinking of.

Ding ding ding! Yep, you got it Mel.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:26 PM   #313
Stacerita

Quote:
I guess my image scared everyone away!!
I don't scare that easy.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:29 PM   #314
tinkermell
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
I don't scare that easy.
Just saying?
Old 05-13-2009, 11:29 PM   #315
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Wow, maybe the three of us can joing Dawn and Debbie in the bad girls club. I am thinking we will get more than graphics deleted if we keep this up!!

A
grumpyvet is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: