Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2009, 08:13 PM   #3001
Zoemakes5
Support me in my Disney mania
Still likes pennies more than quarters
Had to pop SOMETHING

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Disney Lover View Post
Thank you all for the great welcome! I kept asking my DH over and over if he thought I should go, finally he looked at me and said, " I told you to go on the last 2, just book it already" I'll book a room as soon as I can
Most of my family and the ladies at work think I go to Disney too much already and would not understand going without my kids so I'm just booking off time to go on a Ladies Retreat, they don't need to know where.
If you want, one time when you're here with the fam, give one of us locals a call. If we can, we'll meet up with you for a quick ride or bite to eat (without imposing too much on the family time, or including one of our kids to make it more fun!) and that way it's not like knowing no one before you come. I had a chance to meet both Amy and Katie before our first trip and I was so happy I did so.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:37 PM   #3002
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

I just got back to my aunt's house from her church's (Rocky Peak) VBS 'Crocodile Dock'. It was super cute and I miss those VBS/ church camp days!

How's everyone's night going?
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2009, 10:41 PM   #3003
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Hi Cristabellly!

I'm eating Nerds and watching Phineas and Ferb. What's everyone else up to?
Old 07-16-2009, 10:44 PM   #3004
21yankees
I want to move into Disneyland!

Hi!

I'm here and I'm tired. Just wishing it were Saturday tomorrow.

steph

AKA Cynical Dwarf
21yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:24 PM   #3005
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Hi Cristabellly!

I'm eating Nerds and watching Phineas and Ferb. What's everyone else up to?
My little sister loves Phineas and Ferb!
Old 07-16-2009, 11:34 PM   #3006
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbillabong View Post
January - I had the girls reduced and hefted up in 1994 and it was the BEST decision I ever made! Feels so much better. Don't worry about the pics - at least they stay in the medical office You will need to rest for a bit after though, a couple of weeks with no lifting, etc. Still, good decision

Deb, I hope your knee is feeling better soon. That sucks to be in pain! Plus you have to do a Vegas trip soon, right??? A pain-free do-over

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRIDGETTE!!!!! I'm so happy that a good group of Divas can meet up with you at DL to celebrate (and I'm a little jealous that I can't........)

PS - Hi Dawn!!!!

Not soon enough........well maybe sooner than later........
jordansmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:40 PM   #3007
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_77 View Post

I also got a call from my school. I graduated with a 3.99 GPA and officially have my AA. Finally.
Can I just say again how proud of you I am?? You are working on your degree, getting healthy and now I hear about the breast reduction?? Good for you! Do whatever it takes to be happy and healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
Me too, sister. It started with the cruise and I just haven't been good since then. You get three meals a day, plus dessert at lunch AND dinner, not to mention the bottle of wine or champage you share every night after having a "drink of the day" poolside. Man, you get spoiled and then come home and wonder why your fat behind doesn't fit in your favorite pants anymore.
I know! Once you are on vacation, it's so hard to get back on track. I tried on a skirt I bought after the ladies left Vegas last month, and it's already too tight on me!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
It is suppose to be around a 104 here today!! BTW- Dave and I are getting away a few days early and going to Pismo Beach.
I. Am. So. Jealous!
Where are you staying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post
Poor Debra.. she's having to do physical therapy for her knee.. she's been hurting with that darn knee all summer. i wish i had a magic wand to make it all better.

I talked to WendyLouWho and she's doing good!
Thanks for the update. I miss Wendall. And I'm sorry to hear Debra is still hurting. I hope she's better soon.

Quote:
He wants to go B cup for me since I am so small. That sounds good to me. I hate having bbs. They just get in the way.
Tell me about it. Mine are always getting stuck in my pant's zipper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chand309 View Post
Yes, I'm going. Just met my first two veteran divas today at Disneyland.

Ann
Did you? Cool!

Quote:
Most of my family and the ladies at work think I go to Disney too much already and would not understand going without my kids so I'm just booking off time to go on a Ladies Retreat, they don't need to know where.
We understand.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:42 PM   #3008
mommaU4

Ann (chand309) and Angie (BC Disney Lover),
If you feel comfortable, you are welcome to post a pic of yourselves and I will happily add you both to our list of Divas on the front page.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:51 PM   #3009
mommaU4

Update on my mammo

Just an update for those who read about my mammo tests.

First off, thank you everyone for your well wishes.
As you know last week, I got my mammo results back and the doctor wanted me to come back in for spot compressions, an ultrasound and to contact a breast surgeon for a possible biopsy.

Well, on Monday I got a call from the radiology department where I had the mammo done. Apparently they finally received my old mammo films from when I lived in Michigan, and the radiologist changed his recommendation to going back to yearly exams.

I guess what they saw this time, was what I'd already had biopsied back in MI and it was still unchanged. The doctor looked over the films as well and agreed with the radiologist. So I didn't have to go for my follow up tests.

BUT I went ahead and made an appt with a breast surgeon. I am not going to take any chances. I want to pick up my films and have the surgeon look at it as well just to make sure they agree. So I have that appt set up for August 13. I'm not as nervous as I was, but you know given my mom's history and all, I'm not going to rest easy until I talk to the surgeon.

I want her to agree with the radiologist and the doctor and say it's fine, but I'm prepared for more possible testing. It could go either way. But I'm going to try to "not worry until there is something to worry about". (I got that good advice from a good friend.)

Anyway, in case anyone was wondering that's what's been going on. Thanks for your prayers and well wishes.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:23 AM   #3010
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post

I want her to agree with the radiologist and the doctor and say it's fine, but I'm prepared for more possible testing. It could go either way. But I'm going to try to "not worry until there is something to worry about". (I got that good advice from a good friend.)

Anyway, in case anyone was wondering that's what's been going on. Thanks for your prayers and well wishes.
Beth, thank you for explaining this. I am very happy to hear the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
I'll add you to my list! Vicki, Linda...are you 2 still game? Who else?

Sarah
Add me, Sarah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chand309 View Post
Yes, I'm going. Just met my first two veteran divas today at Disneyland.

Ann
WHEW. We didn't scare her away!
We were delighted to meet Ann, she's terrific. Will fit right in and... (drum roll) she's another ride whimp! Ride whimps unite!!!!! (defined as Indy is the wildest we will do).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post
Poor Debra.. she's having to do physical therapy for her knee.. she's been hurting with that darn knee all summer. i wish i had a magic wand to make it all better.

I talked to WendyLouWho and she's doing good!
Deb, what I want to know is whether they said this reaction is typical with your kind of surgery? I know very little about knee surgery.

We had a nice little mini meet today. So nice to see Cheryl, Katie, (and Katie's little lady of a baby - a perfect little dinner companion), Linda and the always glamorous Bree. And of course the birthday gal Bridgette who is even prettier in person. The restaurant - RFC - has much better food than when I was there a few years ago. Katie explained to me that a different company took it over.

I'm exhausted. Vicki and I were there at DL since 1PM. The park was hot and humid. The good thing was that attendance was down. We rode Soarin' on single rider and did Toy Story with a wait of about 25 minutes. Stacielee, I need to ride Toy Story with you sometime. I am terrible at it.

Everyone else - I wish you could have been there with us today.
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
CaliforniaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:38 AM   #3011
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Quote:
I'll add you to my list! Vicki, Linda...are you 2 still game? Who else?

Sarah
Count me in, Sarah!

I just got home a little bit ago. We did have such a nice visit with Bridgette and Donna, Vicki, Cheryl, Katie and her princess in training. Layla was so cute, sweet and well behaved, only smiles from her all night. She was unfazed by all the RFC noise and hoopla. Bree & I spent an hour or so with the birthday girl in her pool view DLH room before we headed out. It was hot and humid today. And I agree, Boo Bear is even prettier in real life. I hope she had a HB! I know her cell phone was ringing all afternoon with well wishers, that is awesome. Our dinner was good, the food was tasty. And Cheryl, thank you so much for covering me for the dinner, I left my cash in my car - DUH ME! Even Breezy was looking at me like, ummm...Mom, what's up with you?

I have one pic I will try to post tomorrow. It is way past my bed time and I must go to bed. Night all

DH~You will forever be in my heart
lulubelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:05 AM   #3012
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post
WHEW. We didn't scare her away!
We were delighted to meet Ann, she's terrific. Will fit right in and... (drum roll) she's another ride whimp! Ride whimps unite!!!!! (defined as Indy is the wildest we will do).

We had a nice little mini meet today. So nice to see Cheryl, Katie, (and Katie's little lady of a baby - a perfect little dinner companion), Linda and the always glamorous Bree. And of course the birthday gal Bridgette who is even prettier in person.
Hey Donna. Thanks for the update. I was hoping to hear some about it. First off, glad you got to meet with Ann. I'm happy to hear we have added another Diva to our midst. More are always welcome.

And I think I am a ride wimp too! I've been on every ride in both parks including Tower of Terror, CA Screamin, Maliboomer, Space, etc, but I don't really like them much. I prefer POTC and HM. Does that qualify me as a ride wimp club member??

Also glad to hear the meet for Bridgette's b-day went well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
I just got home a little bit ago. We did have such a nice visit with Bridgette and Donna, Vicki, Cheryl, Katie and her princess in training. Layla was so cute, sweet and well behaved, only smiles from her all night. She was unfazed by all the RFC noise and hoopla. Bree & I spent an hour or so with the birthday girl in her pool view DLH room before we headed out. It was hot and humid today. And I agree, Boo Bear is even prettier in real life. I hope she had a HB!
Sounds like a nice time had by all. Cannot wait to see the pics!!
Old 07-17-2009, 01:22 AM   #3013
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Hello Strangers!!!

I finally cought up, after being away for a couple of days. We had a super-busy week, and I am pooped beyond belief! But I did want to make a few comments.

First off, Happy Birthday Bridgette!!!!!

Welcome to the new ladies!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Seriously, you ladies are just so wonderful.

So I am pleased to announce, my Mom will be joining our trip next year! Yay for another Diva!

She's been really down and out lately with her surgery and work. I took her shopping today and it just popped in my mind she needs to come with me! I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier. She's so excited and after I post this I'm going to show her the schedule and last year's pictures.

Plus, I've been wanting to take to her DL for so long. February is just the perfect amount of time to save (for the both of us) so we can have an enjoyable trip and to splurge a little.

I'm so excited to meet you all. I know she is too.
Yay! Another mother-daughter pair! My mom and I had a fantastic time together last year, and I'm sure the same will be true for you!

Quote:
Oh, and Glenn just got a message on his cell phone....to lay him off work. Yup, by message. To me that sounds like a pretty crappy way of telling someone they no longer have employment! Anyway, he should find out tomorrow whether or not he gets the job he interviewed for and if not then he will start the job search in earnest and apply for unemployment. We will also take the kids out of daycare to save money. I have volunteered for almost everyday for overtime...I don't know if there is any available, but if there is I will hopefully get it.

Have a great evening all.

Sarah
That's pretty unprofessional, and I'm sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
I am in for the Halloween exchange !! I love Halloween. Sarah and I were just talking about going in October. Now that we have passes we have no excuse for not going ! I just avoid the summer heat.
Yay!!! See you in October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21yankees View Post
Not a lot of time to catch up right now. I hope you all a nice day.

I took the day off from work to spend some time with Josh and the kids. We left this morning just after 7 and just got back home. We went to Sprinkles cupcakes (they're in the fridge, can't wait to eat them), then to Pinks for hot dogs they are quite tasty and we only had to wait about 30 minutes from when we got into line to when we received our food. After that we headed over to the Farmers Market. We did some shopping, more eating, and exploring while we were there. After that we headed home and then stopped for ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery. Needless to say no one is eating dinner tonight, we except maybe a cupcake.

I'm exhausted and wishing I didn't have to go back to work tomorrow. I am so glad I took the day off. We all had a great time.

steph
Sounds like a great day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post
Some of you may remember a few days ago I mentioned that my sisters MIL had a heart attack and I was watching my nephews a lot.

Well she passed away . It is very sad & I could hardly understand my sister when she called at 1am. The bad part is the hospital sent her home yesterday eventhough she had only been out of ICU for less than a day & my sister didn't understand why they sent her home because they weren't even done with all the testing and she didn't look well.

Eventhough she wasn't related to me she did more for me and my kids than a lot of my family members. She was a very friendly, giving & generous lady and died too young. My kids are upset right now because they just don't believe it and are really mad at the hospital.

My sister is having a hard time because she was VERY close to her MIL. It's just hard because all of this was sudden and unexpected.

I'm very tired right now & I'm hoping I will still make it to the meet tonight but things are still up in the air.
I'm so sorry, Katie. Bigs hugs to you and your sister's family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
Well ladies, today is my big TEST day.....I'm taking the Praxis this afternoon at 1:00pm. I hope I pass it. UGH, it's going to be like taking a 4 hour SAT test. I'm looking forward to getting it over with though.

The bad part is that I have some kind of red, swollen, painful eyelid thing going on. It started yesterday, and this morning I look a little like I've been in a fight. I put a cold beer on it last night to keep the swelling down, but it didn't help. I can't look up very much because my painful swollen eyelid is in the way, and I can 'feel' it there, which is creeping me out. I have no idea what this swollen eyelid thingy is or why it happened. All I know is that it hurts. Ouchy. Oh well, crap happens and you gotta deal with it.

But my biggest worry today is passing the Praxis. Wish me luck.
I'm sure you did great on your test.
Now go get your eye taken care of!!!

Quote:
I'm ready to take the plunge! I'm definitely coming in Feb/Mar. I'm leaving it up to all of you to not let me back out. Hopefully I can also meet some of you in October because I'll be there with DH and the kids Oct.18-24

How do I go about finding a roomie and getting in on tours?

Angie
I can't wait to meet you!

Quote:
I think I am the only person who won't go see Harry Potter. I've never seen any of them except for the very first, and I don't remember it.
I have never read a HP book, and I've never seen one of the movies.

Quote:
Katie-So sorry to hear about your friend.

Capri-Good luck on the Praxis! I know you will do great!

I hope you all are having a good day. I just got back from my consult with the plastic surgeon. After probing my bbs and taking pics (humiliating, btw) he is submitting it to the insurance. Hopefully I will be getting these babies reduced before I go back to work at the end of next month.

I am feeling so lazy. I just want to take a nap.

I am going to see Harry Potter tomorrow night with some friends. I am really looking forward to it. I have read all the books and I own all the movies. DD has a major crush on Harry. I would take her but she can't sit still in a 90 minute Disney movie...so I know she will not sit still for a long HP movie.

I also got a call from my school. I graduated with a 3.99 GPA and officially have my AA. Finally. Now I am on to get my BS. I will be setting up my classes this week. I am so excited. I start class on the 28th. I will soon be taking the Praxis like Capri. Maybe she can hook a sistah up with some tips.
Good for you! It sounds like you are taking care of yourself, which is exactly what you should be doing! Impressive GPA, too!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful accomplishment!
So guess what I'm doing next week, I'm taking the assesment test at our local community college to get back into school. It may only be one class this next semester but it's a start for me. You really helped push me to do this....
I hope I can share graduating news of my own one day!
Fantastic!! Going back to school is exciting and challenging at the same time. Good for you, Janelle!

Quote:

Tell me about it. Mine are always getting stuck in my pant's zipper.
Huh?

Quote:
Just an update for those who read about my mammo tests.

First off, thank you everyone for your well wishes.
As you know last week, I got my mammo results back and the doctor wanted me to come back in for spot compressions, an ultrasound and to contact a breast surgeon for a possible biopsy.

Well, on Monday I got a call from the radiology department where I had the mammo done. Apparently they finally received my old mammo films from when I lived in Michigan, and the radiologist changed his recommendation to going back to yearly exams.

I guess what they saw this time, was what I'd already had biopsied back in MI and it was still unchanged. The doctor looked over the films as well and agreed with the radiologist. So I didn't have to go for my follow up tests.

BUT I went ahead and made an appt with a breast surgeon. I am not going to take any chances. I want to pick up my films and have the surgeon look at it as well just to make sure they agree. So I have that appt set up for August 13. I'm not as nervous as I was, but you know given my mom's history and all, I'm not going to rest easy until I talk to the surgeon.

Great news! Thanks for updating us.

Well ladies, I'm off to bed. Like I said, it has been a long exhausting week, but I have absolutley no work tomorrow!! So I think I will go to the beach and just chill. There's a cool little restaurant right on the Santa Cruz harbor that has a nice salad bar and delish cocktails. I think it's going to be a great Friday

BillyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:29 AM   #3014
mommaU4

Speaking of pics, I finally have time to post a few of the twin's birthday.

This was in the hotel room at MGM after dinner at Rainforest Cafe. They were surprised to see their cakes and presents because they didn't know I had brought them with us. They thought they had to wait until we got back home the next day.

Noelle and the twins enjoying the waterfall in the lazy river. The water was so nice, and since we were there early, it wasn't crowded at all.

Me in my suit and cover up, lime green for the DIS! lol Sorry, head shot only. But I had fun, and the kids were so happy I went swimming with them.

The girls chilling by the pool. Adam is with us of course, but apparently once you turn into a teen you are too cool to have your pic taken. Every time I tried, he'd hide.

And finally, I thought this was way too funny. DISers are not the only ones who decorate their hotel room doors!! LOL There were several doors decorated on our floor. They had a cheerleading competition while we were there. It just cracked me up.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:31 AM   #3015
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post

Huh?
Just a little joke. Let's say my "girls" could use a good lift.

Enjoy your day off.

Night ladies!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: