Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2009, 02:05 PM   #2251
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
Stacie - Did you have to go straight back to work or did you get some time to recuperate?

I'm glad our Divas are back because this board was very lonely. We did not have Stacie & Beth's wit to amuse us or Dawn's super lovely huggy posts
Nope, got to go back to work today. Was out with James and the kids all day yesterday, so no rest for me.

I missed you all. And I missed posting. Can't wait to get back into the groove of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Hi ladies. I need to vent and I can't do it on Facebook.

After 12 years of living in this house and 19 years in Phoenix, I honestly don't feel like I have any real friends here. I have put out pleas for help on this moving day for weeks. The one and only person who agreed to help was my brother in law, and that was mainly because my father in law told him he had to help. The moving truck arrived this morning and of course we get the call that Dan's brother hurt his back and can't come. His back was fine last night when we called to confirm that he was coming.

We have a piano and a refrigerator and a couple really heavy dressers. And I have Dan and his 78 year old father who is having back surgery in a couple weeks here to try to do it all themselves.

I just want to cry. And then I want to say good riddance to this place and all the people who obviously don't care one little bit for us.

Thanks for letting me vent,

Callie
Sorry to hear that. It sucks to count on someone, only to have them let you down like that. And it seems that whenever you need help, evereyone is "busy". Good luck on the move though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
another good morning drive-by!

My big Vegas news is that the last night we went downtown and as we were walking into Binions for dinner a penny slot machine "called" to me--so after dinner I went and played it while everyone else went to watch the Fremont Street experience--and I won $850! woo hoo!

talk to ya all later!
Hey baller! You should have gone with us to OG's. Could have spent that cash!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbillabong View Post
Hello Ladies,

Did anyone else notice that our dates for Feb are now open for the Entertainment Card Rate?????? All except the last night, March 1

I was just gonna post that. Hopefully they will release that date as well as it gets closer.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Stacerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:31 PM   #2252
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Oh Callie, I hear ya on the moving thing. Only true friends and loving relatives show up to help move. My DH just got his first nice car as he was required to have a full-sized 4X4 truck for work for many years. So, of course we always got the call to come and help. And we have moved our darling Brianne EVERY YEAR since she left home (4 moves). Seriously, the last few times we hired two "workers" on the street corner next to the U-Haul dealer. They work very hard and save your back! Anyway, I hope it goes smoothly and you guys are on your way soon.

Cheryl, my big roller friend, you never cease to amaze me.

Hi Stacie, we missed you around here.

Theresa, thanks for the info on Hojo, I think I may call to book my first two nights (am moving on-site for the last two and who knows when those rates will come out). BTW, we loved Vancouver. Stanley Park was amazing, we spent half a day there. Shopped on Robson St, ate dinner at a place next to our hotel called Joey's. It was really good and the service was wonderful. We had perfect weather and walked around quite a bit. Everyone is very excited about the Olympics coming, the city is spending a fortune preparing. The hotel they built down on the water just for the media is beautiful! And gas is over $1 a liter, wow, expensive! And we were facinated by the streetlights how they blink while green if a pedestrian has pushed the cross button. Lots of traffic - foot and vehicle - all through the town.

DH~You will forever be in my heart

Last edited by lulubelle; 06-29-2009 at 06:54 PM.
lulubelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2009, 03:06 PM   #2253
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

Big Hugs for everyone.. i missed you all.

How is everyone's summer going?
Does anyone have a family trip planned? Or a quick get away you are looking forward to?

Awww Callie... i'm so sorry noone stepped up to help.

CheryL..wowowow..now tell me just what that machine was whispering to you.... heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy baby come here!

Thanks for the sweet wishes..i had 2 treatments today and some medicine.. i'll go back on wednesday.

I think tomorrow I'm going to start a mini trip report. it was such a relaxing time.. oooooooooooooooooohhh and we found treasures for your prizes for the scavenger hunT!
Old 06-29-2009, 03:07 PM   #2254
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

I just wanted to thank everyone for the prayers for my family. My Mom's work hours got bumped back up to 35 hours/week and she got hired for a part time job. We're so excited that things will hopefully be getting back to normal. Thank you everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
another good morning drive-by!

My big Vegas news is that the last night we went downtown and as we were walking into Binions for dinner a penny slot machine "called" to me--so after dinner I went and played it while everyone else went to watch the Fremont Street experience--and I won $850! woo hoo!

talk to ya all later!
Woo hoo! You go, Cheryl!!!

Quote:

After 12 years of living in this house and 19 years in Phoenix, I honestly don't feel like I have any real friends here. I have put out pleas for help on this moving day for weeks. The one and only person who agreed to help was my brother in law, and that was mainly because my father in law told him he had to help. The moving truck arrived this morning and of course we get the call that Dan's brother hurt his back and can't come. His back was fine last night when we called to confirm that he was coming.

We have a piano and a refrigerator and a couple really heavy dressers. And I have Dan and his 78 year old father who is having back surgery in a couple weeks here to try to do it all themselves.

I just want to cry. And then I want to say good riddance to this place and all the people who obviously don't care one little bit for us.

Callie
Oh, Callie. I don't know what to say, but I want to give you big hugs.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:21 PM   #2255
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

oh Courtney that is so wonderful, i know how you were helping your parents out. You are *such* a good daughter!
Old 06-29-2009, 03:50 PM   #2256
LittleBlackRaincloud
It's a disguise, not an attitude
Should wear a sun shirt for the next trip
Is haunted by visions of Elvis in the Mansion
All this talk has my uterus in a bunch!

drive by...

I think I remember us discussing wanting to stay in building one...is that what everyone is booking? Thanks!

Our Family: DH-Bruce , Me-Heather , DS7-Nathan , DS6-Nolan , DD4-Natalie
LittleBlackRaincloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:07 PM   #2257
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Oh and I guess I need to go back and edit my post about Farrah Faucet. I guess she didn't die of breast cancer. It was another kind of cancer, in a very personal place.
We were talking about that in Vegas, wonder how you get it... Actually, I don't want to know!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
Beth - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! That is great you & Ruben are going to see The Lion King....and stay at a hotel
You know they were watching TV!!

Quote:

Callie
Callie, I'm so sorry! I care!! Not that I can lift anything that heavy, but you know we love you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post
I was just gonna post that. Hopefully they will release that date as well as it gets closer.
I called and made a reservation, and she made it through March 2, so that if they ent rate comes up, I'm covered. I did the NQQ1 room, 2 queens, building 1, Disney view, $79.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:21 PM   #2258
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post
oh Courtney that is so wonderful, i know how you were helping your parents out. You are *such* a good daughter!
Thank you so much, Dawnikins!

I hope you feel better soon.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:54 PM   #2259
LittleBlackRaincloud
It's a disguise, not an attitude
Should wear a sun shirt for the next trip
Is haunted by visions of Elvis in the Mansion
All this talk has my uterus in a bunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacielee View Post
We were talking about that in Vegas, wonder how you get it... Actually, I don't want to know!!
I found this interesting article on CNNHealth: http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/04/09...ett/index.html

Turns out it can be caused by the same virus that can cause cervical cancer. It was an interesting read. I had not been familiar with this type of cancer.

OK, back to work...

Our Family: DH-Bruce , Me-Heather , DS7-Nathan , DS6-Nolan , DD4-Natalie
LittleBlackRaincloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:24 PM   #2260
cccdisney
DIS Diva

Good afternoon ladies! Haven't been on in days, but have followed most of the LV action on FB! Sounds like you all had a great time!

Callie - vent away! I noticed your pleas for help on FB and felt so bad that no one was helping.

OK - so the entertainment card rate is up at HOJO! So - should we be making reservations? Does anyone need a roomie? Are most staying at HOJO again? (I know - so many questions!) I am also up for staying onsite if someone needs an onsite roomie. Am open either way!

Gotta run!

Becci
Old 06-29-2009, 05:26 PM   #2261
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Callie...just think...you already have a bunch of Washington friends! I have a dh who is really strong and I can loan him to you if you need any help on the washington end!

Sarah

PS. Glad all the Vegas ladies are back...now back to the Disney planning!

sahbushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:38 PM   #2262
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Afternoon all. I had done this huge post addressing everyone earlier and then it didn't post.

I don't think I have the energy to try to re-invent it but just wanted to say welcome back to all our Vegas Divas, congrats Cheryl that is awesome!

Callie I am sorry for all your troubles and hope things look up for you!

Beth Happy Anniversary!!

I can't remember what else I said but hope everyone has a great day and we are off to brave the awful heat for swim tonight. Thanks for all the well wishes for the Blevins family!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:49 PM   #2263
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Oh and Dawn to add to your question as you guys all probably are sick of me mentioning, you were asking about anyone having any trips, well as you know we are going to D.C. but now we have added a few days in New York. I don't know if everyone knew that part. I am REALLY excited about that. I have ALWAYS wanted to go to both places and we probably won't be able to do EVERYTHING we want to do in both places but we will certainly get a good taste.

We plan to see the Empire State bldg and Liberty Island/Ellis Island for sure and then probably traipse around times square and central park and possibly even see a show on Broadway if it works out and not too expensive (they have those last min tix). I am SO excited! Plus I have ALWAYS wanted to see our nations cap. We won't get to go to ALL the museums since we don't have enough time but we will go to the important ones and hopefully get to see most of the monuments.

And since mom can't go with us now she wants to take 2 days and take the girls and I and spend the night in San Francisco and go see the King Tut exhibit. So we are thinking about doing that in a few weeks. So that is my plans until Oct when we are going on the halloween trip! Can't WAIT for that one!!!!

And P.S. Hope you are feeling better!! ((hugs))

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:15 PM   #2264
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

I hope everyone is having a wonderful first of the week! My trip is getting so much better I'm becoming less and less the size of a bus... I just quit taking the steroids the swelling was too bad. The hives are GONE Now we're at the Grand Canyon and I have internet again so I wanted to post some pictures.

The Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo, TX. My poor feet were purple

A local diner in Tucumcara, TX. It reminded us of Pulp Fiction. (That's my brother, Troy, by the way)

The side of the Blue Swallow Motel in Tucumcara, TX. It was this funky refurbished 1930's Route 66 Motel. It had car ports with mural paintings (I'll show one in a sec) and I got a funny photo of me "grabbing" James Dean, but didn't think it would be appropriate for here.

Me and Tow-Mader (sp?)

Me at the Blue Mesa at the Petrified Forest National Park

I'm going to go catch up now!

Boo Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:38 PM   #2265
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackRaincloud View Post
Oh Bridgette, big hugs! I've moved so many times in my life and have enjoyed every single one of them. It is sad to leave, but so exciting about what the future holds. I drove from Chicago to Tucson in 2004 by myself (well I had my pug and cat with me!), and we did great. My first stop was Tulsa also! We stayed at a Hampton Inn, and I ate at a Texas Roadhouse. The first time I ever ate in a restaurant by myself. You will discover things about yourself that you never knew, and you will build pride that you never knew you lacked. I'm sorry your nerves are so bad. Try your best to enjoy the change and live in the moment. You will be fine, you already have a boatload of friends! You should collect some of our phone numbers so that you have people to call in case you need anything. That might give you an added peace of mind.
You are all so sweet to me! Thanks for all of the awesome advice, Heather. I didn't overdo the meds and I haven't taken an antihistamine in 2 days! I have thought about all of you often on this trip. I have friends to look forward to in my future on the West Coast! I actually won't shut about the DisDivas sometimes... my brother just laughs and thinks it's wonderful.

Quote:

Callie
Callie, trust me I totally know how you feel! Last Friday when my brother and dad arrived at my apartment to move me out there was a HUGE dysfunctional family blowout and everyone was yelling curse words at everyone else. It was horrible. Nothing like that has ever happened because we're all so close, but I guess that's just how the men handled their emotions about me moving? Also, my friends aren't who I thought they were. Only two friends from school even showed up at my going away party. Chin up, you'll have new wonderful beginnings shortly! I'm always here if you need someone to vent to!

NEW NEWS!!! I officially have an undergraduate degree! My overall GPA ended up being a 3.431. I am not going to lie... I totally BSed my way through this past summer semester. For my final project for one class I turned it in 1/4th of the way finished and she felt so bad for me that she gave me a 17 out of 20. Then my independent study class... I made everything up at 3am last Friday after having packed up all of my things. I got a B in the class. I was so over it. .... "This house is clean." (in my best little lady from Poltergeist voice)

Boo Bear is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: