Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2009, 06:21 PM   #196
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry for all of those with dental issues. I need to go before I move. I've always had janky teeth. It all began when I had dental surgery when I was 7 because a set of my "grown up" teeth didn't show up on some x-rays behind my baby teeth. Well I still have MAJOR problems that I neglect simply because the problems don't cause any cosmetic, health or pain issues and they cost a fortune.... and my dentist is well.... has an ego issue I'll just leave it at that. I need bleach trays BUT they make my teeth SUPER sensitive plus the two teeth that are next door neighbors of my two front teeth are resin veneers so they'll stay the same so there's potential for weirdness so I can't afford to take the chance. Literally I can't afford to change the shade of my neighbors if my smile looks wonky so I deal. I just explained that really weird sorry.

I have cavities all of the time on my molars because I have weak enamel and because of a head injury I got when I was a teenager, for some reason local anesthetic doesn't work for more than 15 minutes or so... so I have to get silly gas to get a stupid cavity filled and they have to crank it up for about an hour to even get that to make the filling tolerable for me because I FREAK OUT! THEN after the dentist having to give me nerve block injections every 15 minutes for 2 hours my TMJ spasms for 3 months afterward. Needless to say it's a process. When I had my wisdom teeth pulled I got a Staph (staff?) infection in my TMJ canals on both sides so I guess I'm prone to problems in those areas... so they say. That was nightmarish. I don't have happy dental memories.

I need to call my dentist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
Always there in an emergency or trip to DL!
Are we still on for July 16th for a tasty frosty beverage? It's my birthday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post

Bridgette, congrats on the awesome grades! All I can say is I am so glad I am done with school. I don't envy you guys that are still in school. Of course back when I WAS in school I didn't have kids and stuff so it was not as hard as it would be now to do it but still I remember how tough it was so I admire you guys a lot!
Thanks! I look forward to my schoolless future in envy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post
I have to have that recipe. Please Those sound yummy. Hook it up.
No kidding!

Boo Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:22 PM   #197
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
I also would like the recipe please...if you don't mind making it a little less secret! Sounds great!!!!!

Sarah
This Sarah would like it too!

Quote:
I have to have that recipe. Please Those sound yummy. Hook it up.

I hear you. I have no need to rush and get married. Even when my nana tells me my eggs are gonna dry up. I just smile, no sense in telling her I don't want any more kids anyways. DBF and I have known each other for 20 years, been together 2, and I still don't think I am close to wanting marriage. Even though he has hinted and suggested it. Plenty of time for that down the road.

And Ensenada? ACK! The city isn't that great. Only get off the boat there if I plan to do an excursion. Other than that, I will happiliy stay on the ship.
Well we wanted to ride quads on the beach again and the drinks are way cheaper in Ensenada then in Catalina but I think we are going to sneak our own on board.
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #198
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Bear View Post
That was nightmarish. I don't have happy dental memories.

Too bad none of the Divas are dentists. I'd feel much better going to someone I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post

Well we wanted to ride quads on the beach again and the drinks are way cheaper in Ensenada then in Catalina but I think we are going to sneak our own on board.
That sounds like it would have been fun. Hopefully Catalina will still be special.

Well, I found a Cake Ball recipe on allrecipes.com which is where I usually go for my recipes. Katie, not sure if it's the same or similar to your secret recipe. But here it is: (the pic looks yummy!!!)
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe-Tools/P...56&servings=36

Cake Balls
Prep Time: 40 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes

Ready In: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
Servings: 36
"This recipe is very versatile and heavily addictive. You can mix and match cake and icing flavors as well as the chocolate coatings. If you want to go the extra mile, cake balls can be rolled in nuts, sprinkles, coconut, etc. or double dipped in white and dark chocolates. Chocolate confectioners' coating is also called Almond Bark in some stores."
Ingredients:
1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
1 (16 ounce) container prepared chocolate
frosting

1 (3 ounce) bar chocolate flavored
confectioners coating
Directions:
1. Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes. When cake is done, crumble while warm into a large bowl, and stir in the frosting until well blended.
2. Melt chocolate coating in a glass bowl in the microwave, or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
3. Use a melon baller or small scoop to form balls of the chocolate cake mixture. Dip the balls in chocolate using a toothpick or fork to hold them. Place on waxed paper to set.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:43 PM   #199
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Here's 3 more recipes from a website that I use:

http://www.recipezaar.com/Cake-Balls-57716
http://www.recipezaar.com/Cake-Balls-341223
http://www.recipezaar.com/Carys-Cake-Balls-345044
Old 05-12-2009, 07:23 PM   #200
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

I'm over the drama between judges on AI, just give the contestants feedback already. I can understand the drama about the whole arrangement with Kris' song choice but when Kara got up and put her hands over Simon's mouth I think my heart skipped a beat.

I usually have been bothered by Kris, and when I heard that they had chosen "Apologize" for him to sing I thought OH NO! because I adore that song. You know what? I loved it! I thought he did a really nice job, enough so that I think I have changed my mind about him.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:50 PM   #201
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Where is everybody? I'm bored.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:54 PM   #202
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

I love my dentist. I used to be terrified of going until I got her. I had a lot of cavities because I avoided going. Now I have braces. I should have gotten them earlier, but my teeth weren't that bad I guess. My orthodontist is okay. I wish my dentist was my orthodontist, but yeah, that doesn't work.

My Dad had so much work done on his teeth (all of it was needed), cost my parents about $20K. Yikes.

One time, a night before a very major Miss California pageant I fell asleep with the whitening trays in my mouth, oy, my teeth have never been so sensitive. It was like that for days. I couldn't even breathe and the air would make my teeth hurt. It was terrible and sooo painful.

SO, what are the divas doing tonight?

Red velvet anything sounds so delish right now.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:58 PM   #203
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Quote:
Are they warm and moist?
Are they Schwetty? Because nobody can resist my Schwetty Balls.

BillyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:08 PM   #204
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Ugh, I feel for you! My teeth are a mess. Big time.
You can ask the ladies, they know what I've been through with the dentist. I still have more work to be done. I need two more teeth pulled (had two pulled back in January) and a lower partial made, but I just am so terrified of the dentist I keep putting it off. And in doing so am putting my overall health at risk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
((((((Beth))))))) it's so nice to know I'm not alone on the dentist issues.
Oh I'm with you both on all of this! Losing my front teeth is just my latest teeth headache! I hate going to the dentist and I always have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post

I guess I really should go to the dentist--my one tooth still feels funny . . . .

Always there in an emergency or trip to DL!
Might not be a bad idea. You may have loosened it slightly...but it might tighten up on it's own but you never know if you could have damaged the root.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
They wanted me to get implants to the tune of $2600 EACH, not covered by insurance.
Anyway, sorry for going on and on, but it's so nice to not be alone in this. No one likes the dentist, but very few people have true terror of them. And if you don't, you really can't understand what it feels like.
They say I might need to get implants for my front teeth, I have short roots and so they don't think doing a root canal just typnig that word gives me hibbie gibbies will help and the teeth have tightened up but I cracked on of them so it has a small crack which could get mositure under it. Implants are sooo expensive but they say I would never have to worry about them again, right not with my luck! I can only hope that I can talk my insurance into paying for some of them since I almost knocked them out in an accident. I haven't even gotten that far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Bear View Post
I'm sorry for all of those with dental issues. I need to go before I move. I've always had janky teeth.
I have cavities all of the time on my molars because I have weak enamel I don't have happy dental memories.

Are we still on for July 16th for a tasty frosty beverage? It's my birthday!
I have weak enamel too and I have a filling in every molar and now they say I need to replace them all...ugh! But I am going to wait until they start hurting and I HAVE to replace them before I do any of that! Ugh...teeth!

Anytime you're gonig to DL...I'm right on the way!

CoMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:09 PM   #205
CoMickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
Are they Schwetty? Because nobody can resist my Schwetty Balls.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:12 PM   #206
prettyprincessbelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
Anytime you're gonig to DL...I'm right on the way!
ME TOO!
Old 05-12-2009, 08:30 PM   #207
CoMickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
ME TOO!

Yes you are! Anytime!

Old 05-12-2009, 08:31 PM   #208
prettyprincessbelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
Yes you are! Anytime!

(My banana is broken again )
Old 05-12-2009, 08:40 PM   #209
CoMickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post

(My banana is broken again )

It's dancing on my side.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:43 PM   #210
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Courtney, your banana is not broken. It's groovin' and jivin'!

So sorry for all of you having dental issues.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
lulubelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: