Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2009, 01:04 PM   #1621
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Beth: glad you're feeling better

MotoSarah: happy belated birthday!

sahbushka Sarah: sorry you couldn't stay home!

Kelly: glad you DID stay home!

Everyone else--hope you're having a great day. My evil landlord (AKA my best friend from law school Scott) is at Disneyland today with his two kids. Their school goes at the end of the school year and Scott went as a chaperone (mostly because his son, Daniel, has to be in a wheelchair because of a disease that affects his extremities--he can't walk long distances). So I'm jealous that he's there today--it's nice and cool here today--a bit cloudy but no rain. Perfect for DLR! So he's DOUBLY evil today--LOL.

Bella is being fairly good today--I think last night's class might have had a good influence on her!

Talk to you all later!

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:06 PM   #1622
toocherie

oh and Bridgette--your doggies are so cute! are they absolutely nutso though? I had a friend with one (conveniently named "Jack") and he was wild!~

last night at Petsmart there was a corgi-Jack Russell mix and I just can't imagine how the owner (a Petsmart employee) was able to train her to be as quiet as she was!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2009, 01:28 PM   #1623
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Vicki, are those coldstone ice cream cupcakes all ice cream or is there cake in there? I saw them advertised and wondered.

Beth, sooo glad to hear you're feeling better!

Bridgette - plenty of personality in those Jack Russells... I guess with two of them they can keep each other exercised?

Happy Birthday Sarah!

Tina gave me some ideas about watching Fantasmic but because it will be the first night of the new show, I'm really worried about how this is going to go for my friend's birthday. The dessert seating would be ideal but they are all sold out. The easiest would be if she could wait until the second show but it would take some convincing to get her to stay there that late. If anyone here is going to be in the park on Friday night we could trade off holding a spot.
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
CaliforniaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:44 PM   #1624
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
oh and Bridgette--your doggies are so cute! are they absolutely nutso though? I had a friend with one (conveniently named "Jack") and he was wild!~

last night at Petsmart there was a corgi-Jack Russell mix and I just can't imagine how the owner (a Petsmart employee) was able to train her to be as quiet as she was!
They used to go buck wild, but now they're older. Angel will be 10 in August and Spanks will be 9 in December. They are so funny though and SMART! Angel harumphs when she wants something and she will stop at nothing until she gets it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post
Bridgette - plenty of personality in those Jack Russells... I guess with two of them they can keep each other exercised?
Angel runs around outside a lot. Spanky is chunky and doesn't work out as much as he should. Whenever someone's home he wants to cuddle right next to them and whenever someone isn't home he tries to dig a hole to China in my mom's bathroom. She's finally pulled up the rugs because there were blue carpet fuzzies all over the upstairs.

Boo Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:48 PM   #1625
toocherie

Quote:
Vicki, are those coldstone ice cream cupcakes all ice cream or is there cake in there? I saw them advertised and wondered.

Oh man--now I want a cupcake. with ice cream in it.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #1626
toocherie

oh man--instead of cupcake papers they use CHOCOLATE CUPS!!!!!!!!

Old 06-09-2009, 01:52 PM   #1627
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh man--now I want a cupcake. with ice cream in it.
Oh my gosh, me too! I wish there was a coldstone closer to me... I need to behave myself though.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:33 PM   #1628
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Quote:
Quote:
oh man--instead of cupcake papers they use CHOCOLATE CUPS!!!!!!!!
They have a little cake...but more ice cream and Cheryl is right they are in Chocolate Cups so yummy! Here's what flavors they have:

Double Chocolate Devotion - A rich Belgian Chocolate cup filled with a layer of Devils Food Cake. Fudge and Chocolate Ice Cream and topped with White frosting and an Oreo cookie.

Cake Batter Delux - Same chocolate cup filled with a layer of Red Velvet cake, fudge and cake batter ice cream and topped with pink frosting and rainbow sprinkles.

Sweet Cream - Same yummy chocolate cup filed with yellow cake, fudge and sweet cream ice cream and topped with white frosting and a milk and white chocolate curl!

I tried the Double Cocolate Devoition and it was muah! Yummy!

CoMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:11 PM   #1629
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Mmmmmmmmmm, Coldstone icecream cupcakes.

Well, this diet Pepsi girl has broken down and is drinking coffee at the moment. I'm trying to read three chapters in my text, but I can't keep my eyes open. I really don't like coffee, but I'm desperate. I'm not sure if the coffee is helping though.....I'm still dozing off. I need a better pick-me-up.

Cheryl - I bet Bella is just the cutest little thing in her class. Awwwwww......you should take a picture of her when she's there and post it here so we can see her being a good student.

Bridgette - your pups are SOOOOOOOOOO CUTE! I love the little ear that sticks straight up.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:20 PM   #1630
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

DisDivas & Family Mini Meet October 23-25, 2009! (the *NEW* Version 2.0)

Old 06-09-2009, 03:42 PM   #1631
21yankees
I want to move into Disneyland!

Wow I feel like I haven't been here in forever.

Kate - Congrats on making it to the next round, I'm sure you'll get this job.

Mel - Glad to see you hear. I can't imagine how hard it is for you as a mom and not be able to make everything alright for your kids. Josh and I lost our first daughter before she was born so I can relate a bit to what they are going through.

Dawn - Whenever I see your posts I find myself smiling. You are so sweet and sincere. I hope all is well with you and your family.

Sarah (Moto...) - Happy Belated Birthday!!

Beth - Glad to hear you're doing better.

Debra - When is your surgery? I wish you a speedy recovery.

Capri - Congrats on your grades. I did my BS with UoP and it was rough.

January - Don't get down over one grade (which you still did well with, ).

Kelly - I have to ask when do you slow down??? You are always on the go, I don't know how you do it.

Michelle - Sounds like a great famly trip coming up.

Cheryl - Good luck with Bella and her homework. We need to put Vash in the same class, we just have to wait for him to gain his weight back.

Callie - I've been following your posts on facebook. Here's some fairy dust in hopes that you and your family get the outcome you want.

to everyone I may have missed (my memory isn't all there right now).

I'm in Atlanta this week for a conference. Last night I saw the Braves play the Pirates. The game was really good but we weren't able to stay through the whole game as it went 15 innings (we left after 12) and our conference started at 8 this morning.

Next week I won't be online and I'm about how many pages there will be here when I get back. We're headed to a family camp that has no internet access or cell phone reception. Josh and I are looking forward to getting 'disconnected' from everything and spending time as a family. The camp also provides each family with a certified teen babysitter each evening so he and I will have time to spend time together.

Alright time to go back see what I've missed.

Steph

AKA Cynical Dwarf

Last edited by 21yankees; 06-09-2009 at 04:02 PM.
21yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:55 PM   #1632
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
They have a little cake...but more ice cream and Cheryl is right they are in Chocolate Cups so yummy! Here's what flavors they have:

Double Chocolate Devotion - A rich Belgian Chocolate cup filled with a layer of Devils Food Cake. Fudge and Chocolate Ice Cream and topped with White frosting and an Oreo cookie.

Cake Batter Delux - Same chocolate cup filled with a layer of Red Velvet cake, fudge and cake batter ice cream and topped with pink frosting and rainbow sprinkles.

Sweet Cream - Same yummy chocolate cup filed with yellow cake, fudge and sweet cream ice cream and topped with white frosting and a milk and white chocolate curl!

I tried the Double Cocolate Devoition and it was muah! Yummy!
We got those for Mother's Day and they were sooooooo good! It's dangerous for me because my Cold Stone is less than five minutes away!

I liked the red velvet cake ones the best.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:37 PM   #1633
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21yankees View Post

Next week I won't be online and I'm about how many pages there will be here when I get back. We're headed to a family camp that has no internet access or cell phone reception. Josh and I are looking forward to getting 'disconnected' from everything and spending time as a family. The camp also provides each family with a certified teen babysitter each evening so he and I will have time to spend time together.
Good to see you Steph!

Wow, family camp sounds like fun. I wish I could disconnect for awhile with my family.

How convenient and cool that they provide a certified teen babysitter. But, I have to ask, does the camp provide cable.....you know....so you and your hubby can "watch TV" .
Old 06-09-2009, 05:19 PM   #1634
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Thanks so much to Beth, Vicki and Cheryl for the well wishes (hope I didn't miss anyone).

I put a movie in for the girls and took a LONG nap and that helped. I am feeling much better. I SO needed a day to just veg! My stomach is much better now. I just wish I didn't have to go to swim tonight but we have a BIG meet this weekend so alas we must go. And what's worse is Shane has school tomorrow night and he wants to go study with a friend on Thursday so I may have to go alone the next two nights. I HATE going alone cuz I have to lug all the junk in from the car and it's a ways plus I don't have anyone to yack with. It's REALLY boring! Plus this is our first week that we have to go 5 nights a week too. BLEH. Oh well what else is new LOL.

And steph to answer your question it never ends LOL. I think the only time we get a LITTLE break is when soccer ends. Right after Thanksgiving we have NO sports although this year the girls want to do basketball. Usually soccer ends in November and swim doesn't start until March so we at least have no sports but we still have Girl Scouts and Awana but at least those are only Awana 1 night a week and Girl Scouts every 2 weeks with the occasional outing every so often. This is my busiest time of year because swim is EVERY night and meets every saturday. I am used to it though and the girls love it and I don't mind because it is good for them to stay busy. Believe me if I would let them they would do dance, karate, gymnastics you name it but they can't do EVERYTHING. We have to limit it to the stuff they do as it is

And yes you are right it is a lot but it is good for them and it is worth it in the end even if sometimes it doesn't seem like it at the time

And your camp sounds AWESOME. They just told us at church on Sunday that the family camp we have has a LOT of extra beds. I guess with the economy a lot of people couldn't afford it. It is usually like 3 or 400 per family for the week. Well my pastor worked out a deal with the director and he said that you could go for practically nothing cuz he wants the beds filled. I only wish we could go. I have ALWAYS wanted to go. It is on the coast by the redwoods and it is supposed to be SO beautiful!

But with us going to D.C. in August and then the mini meet in Oct we just can't do it.

I hope you have a GREAT time!!

Anyway I am off but hope everyone has a GREAT rest of the day!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:10 PM   #1635
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
We got those for Mother's Day and they were sooooooo good! It's dangerous for me because my Cold Stone is less than five minutes away!

I liked the red velvet cake ones the best.
Oh boy. Here we go red velvet again! *drool* I had some red velvet cake last night. It was gooood.

I have a Cold Stone 5 minutes from my house AND work. And it's 2 different Cold Stones! I think I'm going to go get one of those cupcakes!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: