Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2009, 08:35 AM   #1606
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
Hey girls--Hanes--the underwear people-have a contest for a WDW vacay. Here's the link!

http://www.celebrateincomfort.com/entry
Thanks Cheryl! You are an "awesome" lady!

I just entered too!

Your story about Bella is sooooo cute. I hope by next week she can accomplish her task of focusing on you continuously for 30 seconds!
For a puppy, that sounds hard. But the instructor must know what he/she is talking about.

Brigette, your "children" are very cute too!

Hi Lisadoll! Nice to see you again!

Hey Wendy! How are ya girl? Still drinking Redbulls?

Vicki, I love Cold Stone!! Yum!!

Hi Capri! Are you taking it easy? Or are you taking your house back by storm?

Hi to both of our Sarah's!!
Oh and Happy Birthday to Moto Sarah!

Hi Tina!
Old 06-09-2009, 08:54 AM   #1607
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

Love and Light for Everyone
May today be good to you and yours!

LoVe hearing about BeLLa's first day of schooL
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2009, 08:56 AM   #1608
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Cheryl that sounds like quite the task, puppy school! Good luck!! To Bella as well!

Bridgette LOVE the pic of your pups. I have always thought Jack Russells were adorable! Yours are particularly cute! I bet you will really miss them while you are here!

Well today I have my one doc apt and I am SO not looking forward to it. It was really early (8:30) I usually don't see him till later in the day like 11 or later but for some reason that was the only time I could see him and of course now that school is out the girls wanted to stay up a bit later to watch a movie. We watched Top Gun and it was funny because they had never seen it. Hard to believe someone has never seen THAT! But anyway so I didn't get to bed till late but anyway I don't know if it is the change in weather or sitting in my chair at swim or what but I had a nasty headache by the time I went to bed and now this morning my stomach is bothering me. I had to work yesterday and mom and I took the girls to the salad bar (fresh choice). I have never gotten sick from that place but buffets always worry me. I am real careful about making sure I get a clean plate etc but still you never know about the food sitting out etc. But anyway I was fine all night but I woke up this morning and now I feel like crud. I seriously wish I didn't have to go but if I DON'T they might charge me. It is not like a normal doc apt. They expect 3 flippin days notice to cancel. Which to me is ridiculous because if you or your kid gets sick you don't HAVE 3 days notice. But anyway I am giving it a few more minutes to see if I feel better before I decide.

Anyway then the rest of the day I guess I will come home and try to lay down and see if I feel better. Otherwise that's bout it for me.

Anyway take care and have a good day!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip 11/14
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:21 AM   #1609
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Hugs to Dawn and Kelly too!!
Old 06-09-2009, 09:30 AM   #1610
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post

Hi Capri! Are you taking it easy? Or are you taking your house back by storm?
Hi Melody,

Nope, no taking it easy for me. I have WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY too much school work to do. There are no breaks of anykind at the University of Phoenix......well, except I think you do get two weeks off during Christmas time. But that's the only time off students get. The rest of the year, classes are scheduled back to back throughout the year. If a student wants time off, they have to arrange it with their university advisor.

I'm ready for a little break after this class though. I would really like to have a couple of weeks off to just get caught up around here, and even do something with my family during the summer.....maybe go fishing or camping or something. Or maybe just having some time to breathe would be good.

Next week is going to be a killer though, and I'm not looking forward to it. I have two essays to write and a team project to do for school AND I have two little guys who have birthdays next week (Ryan's 10th birthday is on Tuesday, and Luke's 6th birthday is on Wednesday) so I have two birthday parties to plan and host for that weekend. Also, next Tuesday is Luke's last day of school, and next Wednesday is Ryan's last day of school, so a crazy mahem of final school activities and parties going on. AND Ryan has three bloody baseball games next week! UGH! If we had the money, I would just pack everyone up and head down to DL for the week and say screw it. (Well, screw everything else except my school work. I would still get school stuff done. But everything else......screw it. What better way to celebrate birthdays and the end of the school year than to go to DL, right? Oh, if only we could do that. Dreaming........)

It's really funny around here too. Justin (hubby), who works out of our home office, has been slammed with appraisal orders lately. (He's a real estate appraiser.) When he's not working in his home office, he's running around the country side inspecting homes or coaching little league. I, on the other hand, have been slammed with my stuff, and I work downstairs in my office. Even though we both work at home, we are both so busy right now that we hardly see or talk to each other all day. CRAZY.

Well, gosh, enough of that from me. I'm just running off at the keyboard.....

Sorry about that.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:26 AM   #1611
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on

Good morning ladies! I hope you are all doing well!

Happy Birthday (moto) Sarah!! Enjoy your special day!

Cheryl- Thanks for the contest info!

Capri-you are amazing! It takes a lot to go back to school and be a mommy and work! 5 more months and you will have a nice getaway to DL!

Kelly-I hope your doc appt goes well....that is..if you decide to go.

I have a jam packed day of ChaCha and ebay.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:38 AM   #1612
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Good morning ladies!!!

I am feeling human again today, which is always nice. I slept so much yesterday that I woke up early with a burst of energy this morning and before 7 a.m. I had washed dishes, folded laundry, cleaned one bathroom, took out all the trash, and organized the twins closet. I love getting things done early, I just rarely do it. lol

Anyway, now I can be a lazy bum all day. Or as lazy as I can be with four kids home running around.

Have a good day everyone. Talk to you later.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:58 AM   #1613
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Good morning ladies! I wish you all a wonderful day!
Old 06-09-2009, 11:00 AM   #1614
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Hi and Good morning everyone! Hope the sun is shining in all of your lives today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
Hi all, just checking in. I am 5.5 hours into my 16 hour day...only 10.5 hours to go Anyway, hope everyone is having a great one!

Sarah
Hi Sara! Did you make it through your 16 hour day? I don't know how you do it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
Wow~ quiet night on the Dis . . . .

Bella and I attended her first puppy class tonight--and we both survived. She was the most "lively" member of the class (i.e., the class clown, talked in class, didn't pay attention--the only thing she didn't do was pee in her panties) but the teacher LOVES corgis so it was like she could do nothing wrong. She was also the youngest puppy (there were only two others--one was five months and the other seven months). So I think some allowance was made for her age. So now we have homework By next Monday she is supposed to be able to focus on my face continuously for 30 SECONDS!!!!!

So we're home and both tired (especially one little puppy). But I wanted to check in and say "hey"!
Cheryl this is so cute...homework! I am curious how you will get Bella to focus for 30 seconds! I would love to be a fly on the wall!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post

I was there on Saturday too for my birthday!
Happy, Happy Birthday to you! I wish I would have known you were there we could have said hello! Did you have fun?? We weren't sure we were going until the last minute but DBF's DS's head was about to explode if he didn't get to DL soon so we decided we better go to avoid the mess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post

Vicki, I love Cold Stone!! Yum!!
Me too! Especially coffee with heath bars...not good for the diet but oh so good for the soul! We had the ice cream cupcakes and they were really cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Good morning ladies!!!

I am feeling human again today, which is always nice. I slept so much yesterday that I woke up early with a burst of energy this morning and before 7 a.m. I had washed dishes, folded laundry, cleaned one bathroom, took out all the trash, and organized the twins closet. I love getting things done early, I just rarely do it. lol

Anyway, now I can be a lazy bum all day. Or as lazy as I can be with four kids home running around.

Have a good day everyone. Talk to you later.
Glad to hear you are feeling better! Yesterday I had to keep blowing my nose and today I woke up with a sore throat but I refuse to be sick so I am ignoring it all! I love those bursts of energy when you accomplish so much!

CoMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:02 AM   #1615
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Wow Beth, sounds like you had a really productive morning! I wish! I just seem to get further and further behind. My son stayed home sick today and dh said he was not feeling well either so he would stay with him. Personally I think my dh is totally faking and just wants a day at home to sleep. I was the one that was supposed to be able to stay home with our son this time, but since dh is conveinently ill, I had to go to work after a midnight shift and then working 16 hours yesterday and having aunt flo come for a visit. I am downright crabby! Forget crabby, I am mad! I wanted to stay home today, but no, I have to work all the overtime and never have a day off and volunteer on any days off I do have. Agghhh!

Sarah

Have a good day all

sahbushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:09 AM   #1616
kelmac284

Thanks guys! I am still home. I just couldn't make it. I waited but I just couldn't get far away from home. Sorry TMI I know. I was just afraid if I TRIED to I would be sorry. So I called in and they told me that if you called in and that if you don't NORMALLY do that that they wouldn't charge you so I was upstairs laying down and then I came down to get some water and I had 2 calls from them on my phone. They said they wanted to know if I would do a phone appt to avoid the missed apt charge. GRRR. I can't believe they wanted to charge me even though I have NEVER missed an apt.

My ins didn't pay the full fee on an apt I had in Apr either and they had JUST told me about it on one of my apts the end of May. So I called the ins company THAT day and they said they were reprocessing it as we spoke. I had asked at the docs office what the procedure was and they said they would hassle the ins company and they said they expected ME to hassle them and then as a LAST resort if all that didn't work they would come after me. So "I" am assuming this meant after SEVERAL tries that they would bill me. Well NO I got a bill last week. I was NOT happy. They didn't even give my ins ONE more try to reprocess it. So I am NOT too happy right now with them.

Like I said I have NEVER missed an apt and I think it is ridiculous for them to CHARGE me if I am truly sick and can't make it esp if I have NEVER missed an apt but whatever.

Anyway while I was on the phone with the gal she said that my therapist had an emergency and had to cancel for tomorrow which I was glad because I really didn't want to go tomorrow anyway so I am off the hook. Now the only thing I have to do tomorrow is take the girls to the dentist.

But anyway so now today I am just going to relax and hopefully this goes away soon! I HATE feeling like this and wish I knew what the heck it was I ate or whatever that did this but hopefully it goes away! Anyway thanks for the well wishes and I am glad I have at least today to just chill!

Anyway Capri good luck with your kids birthdays that must be hard having BOTH so close together and January good to see ya and enjoy your break!

Mel good to see you too!

Old 06-09-2009, 11:14 AM   #1617
kelmac284

PS Happy Birthday Sara!!

And Beth I don't know how you do it! That is a lot! Good for you! Think of all the cals you are burning girl!

And Sara girl I don't know how you work all those hours. I couldn't do it. Sounds like you need some chocolate!

Hi Courtney!

Old 06-09-2009, 11:15 AM   #1618
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

for Sarah and Kelly...Sarah I hope you get some much needed R&R soon and Kelly I hope you feel better soon!

BIG hugs to everyone!

CoMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:35 PM   #1619
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

happy birthday sarah!!
Old 06-09-2009, 12:55 PM   #1620
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
for Sarah and Kelly...Sarah I hope you get some much needed R&R soon and Kelly I hope you feel better soon!

BIG hugs to everyone!
Ditto from me!

So, I was thinking about the next exchange and just wanted to post a reminder that sign-ups will start this Friday for the Favorite Disney or Cartoon Character. I will post again once I get the thread going.

Also after that we will have the Halloween one starting in Sept.
Christmas stocking starting in Nov.
And finally the one at the Meet and Greet in Feb.

The character exchange will include adults and children, the Christmas one is ADULTS ONLY. (Kids get their stockings from Santa after all. )
But I am toying with the idea of making the Halloween one include not only adults and kids, but "furbabies" as well.

We did that a few times in some of the other exchanges I was in, and it was fun. I had a cat then and loved getting little treats for him. I sent to someone with a dog and it was fun to shop for doggie toys and treats.
There are cute little Halloween toys, treats, and costumes out there for pets too.

Sadly, I no longer have my kitty, but I know several of you have pets and if you'd like, I'd be happy to work it so they can be included in the Halloween exchange.
All you pet owners, let me know! Thanks.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: