Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2009, 08:13 PM   #1561
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Cheryl--I think I get more envious of you by the minute!!!! It sounds like you had a great day with Mary Jo!

I've done a couple loads of laundery, and now I'm off to make dinner. The patient request breakfast for dinner, so that's what we're having.

BillyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:20 PM   #1562
wendylady36
Why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

I hope everyone had a good weekend! If anyone has any chocolate, feel free to ship it to me.
wendylady36 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2009, 08:24 PM   #1563
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Bear View Post
What a day Cheryl! I saw Coldplay with my mom. So the lady in the pic with me... you'll all meet her in 2010!

Thanks for the tip Wendy!

Ok then RFC it is... I know I'll have to call a non DLR reservation number. I just need to know exactly who all might be coming. I know that not everybody is confirmed, but I have Cheryl, Donna, Katie, Vicki, Dawn, Linda and me. How far in advance do you think I should call?
Bridgette: Dawn told me today that she won't be able to make it because of her trip with the grandkids. However, I'm working on Mary Jo to attend too! so based on past experience I would make the reservation for a couple more than you have confirmations for since you never know who will show up!

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:44 PM   #1564
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendylady36 View Post
I hope everyone had a good weekend! If anyone has any chocolate, feel free to ship it to me.
I have some, but you'll have to wait a couple of weeks for it!!
Of course, I tried it, just to make sure it was good!
Old 06-07-2009, 09:23 PM   #1565
Queenbillabong
Second to the right and straight on til morning
Just like melted butter
We may need a table by the loo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendylady36 View Post
Mmmmm, chocolate!!! I could use some good chocolate about now

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacielee View Post
I have some, but you'll have to wait a couple of weeks for it!!
Of course, I tried it, just to make sure it was good!
That's a good idea - chocolate in Vegas
Old 06-07-2009, 09:30 PM   #1566
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Hi!

I have a thread on the CB about this (I am ridiculously brave to do that), but no one has the answer yet....have you guys heard the phrase "to be hasselhoffed"???? I looked on urban dictionary, and none of the answers work for the situation.

Basically hubby's temp work computer at his Brand New Job (stress over reason for having to find new job being one reason I've kept to myself) has bit the dust after only 3 days. He took it over to the main Redmond campus for them to do something snazzy to it and get "permissions" on it so he could do his job, and it's toast. (which is just hilarious seeing as how he works at microsoft now...short term contract position with high possibility for contract continuation) It's not his position to fix it, so he has tried to get the IT guys out...they haven't. He called to see what was happening with his request, and the guy told him "oh it looks like you've been hasselhoffed".

Is there a definition that fits this situation, that isn't easily found using google???

We're mystified.

Oh you should! Not that we've found the time for it ever since finding DLR, but it's lovely and beautiful and gorgeous and worth it. We took Amtrak up from Seattle when we went...so much nicer than waiting in a line (even if we could see...hmm, is it Jane that works up in Blaine???) at a border crossing.

CST is awesome awesome stuff that LOOKS like the biggest crock of ____ that ever existed, but it's awesome. Upledger.com should have links to lots of info on the theory.

Basically people who have a "license to touch people" can do it, so you'll generally find it done by chiros and massage therapists.

Even before I adjusted wee E's spine I took him to an LMT who did newborn CST, and not only did it change the shape of his head (funky labor = funky head shape), but it eliminated the bit of "tongue tie" he had that was making my nursing life suck, and not in a good way! He could open his mouth much wider and he seemed less uncomfortable. Brilliant.

When I first had it done, I didn't have to wear my glasses for well over a month (and I was something like 20/400? it was as bad as my eyes ever got...they were stable for years before I had lasik done), and no one asked "are you angry about something" for about 2 months because my face was so so relaxed after the session.

It helps with all sorts of other things too. And it's somewhat similar to the type of chiro I used to do, which was Network Spinal Analysis...they both focus, in different ways, on the cerebral spinal fluid and energy...both can have really good benefits on people with fibro.

If I ever decided to do bodywork again, I'd get my chiro license back (just a matter of a year's worth of cont.ed. classes and a chunk of money), get CST education, and just do CST.

Melody I'm so sorry to hear about the baby. Hugs to everyone.

And to everyone else with health stuff going on, hugs as well!

Hubby finally got a diagnosis (the other reason I was keeping to myself), it's a pituitary growth that's pumping out prolactin (milk-making hormone) and causing his male hormones to be close to zero...very very likely the reason for no subsequent baby, and his endo will likely treat both for the prolactinoma and for the low male hormones, to help speed the latter part up for baby purposes.

It explains SO MUCH from the last few years, and sadly, if any of the MDs and NDs he's seen in the last couple years had *listened to him* and done the bloodwork we begged his endocrinologist to do (it had nothing to do with his blood sugar), this could have been found so much earlier and we might have a whole passle of babies already. We're getting records from those previous "health care providers" to see if anyone saw anything that they passed over... They all ignored his "I think there's something wrong with my 'swimmers'" comments because I'm older than he is, and they figured it was my "fault".

It's a relief to have such a relatively simple diagnosis, especially since it explains just about everything...but it's ridiculously frustrating that it likely could have been caught earlier if the professionals had gone as above and beyond (by listening to him) as his endo has. (if anyone needs an endocrinologist in Seattle, this guy's good)
Hi Molly! Good to see you back. I am so glad they have finally figured things out! Hopefully you will be having another little disney lover soon! Also, I am the one you would find in Blaine! Would love to see you but agree the train is a lovely trip...I can actually see it pass from one of the ports I work at. We could wave!
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
Well okay, but I'm going to be worried about you until I hear the all clear from the test results.

As a bit of good news to share, I received another 4.0 for my last class. That's two 4.0 in a row.

I hope I can keep it up.
Great job on the 4.0! That is wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post
Good morning everyone. Just stopping in real quick before my sister drops off her boys for me watch while she gets her hair done.

Since I haven't been working, I've turned into the neighborhood/family daycare . I've been picking my sisters kids up from school 3 days a week and watching them. One of the neighborhood girls is always here. Then I have people asking me here and there to watch there kids. On Friday, I was watching 6 kids plus my 3 (9 kids ).

The good news is I made it to the next round again for that job I applied for, so I have another test on June 10th. I'm slowing plugging my way through the process.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Congrats on getting to the next round with that job!

As for me, I am doing ok but was crying my eyes out earlier. Not to be a downer, but there was a tragedy in my town that happend 10 years ago this week to two of my dbil's best friends. It just hit me really hard because of how yound the kids were and just thinking about my own babies. To all of you who have ever suffered a major loss, my heart is with you.

Also, I am frustrated at myself because I had an hour in the house on my own today and I didn't do any of the things I needed to do. I just sat and read. Normally I wouldn't think that was so bad, but I so infrequently get time During The Day to make the phone calls I need to make! It was just silly of me to waste that hour...I have no idea when I will get that chance again. ARGHHHH.

Hope everyone is having a great day

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_77 View Post
Hi all!

I miss the DIS!! I am back though...school is out y'all! lol

So, I have pretty much missed out on the entire thread. Is there any vital info that I need to know about?

Off topic:

I just got done with my Math test and did HORRIBLE! And the sad thing is...I thought I did great while I was taking it. The ones I missed were mostly just an error in how the answers were posted...not necessarily getting the answer wrong. Waaaaaaahhhhh!

I hope you all have a great day!
Sorry to hear about the math test, but great to see you back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
Hi all! Hope everyone is having a great day. I'm on the tram in to Disneyland. Whoo Hoo!

Jealous!

Sarah

sahbushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:41 PM   #1567
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
Bridgette: Dawn told me today that she won't be able to make it because of her trip with the grandkids. However, I'm working on Mary Jo to attend too! so based on past experience I would make the reservation for a couple more than you have confirmations for since you never know who will show up!

Yeah I figured that Dawn wouldn't be able to make it, that's completely understandable. Thanks for the info about Mary Jo.... I hope she can make it. I was planning on making it for 10 and if just you and I show up for some reason than that's fine too. I'm just so thrilled that someone cares that its my birthday I'm not kidding when I say that nobody here besides my family cares. That's one of the reasons why I'm so eager to move.

Boo Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:11 PM   #1568
eatmypixiedust
I'm coming to you live from Disneyland on my sidekick 3
Yes but the PHAT kind. That makes you cool!

Location: As long as there are Dole Whip Floats I'm a happy camper :D

Hello ladies. Hope you all had a great weekend My bf and I made a few attempts to watch Up in 3-D but were unsuccessful Finally today, we tried one more time but the tickets sold out. I just said, forget it, let's just watch it in 2-D. The theatre was practically empty for the 2-D version, which was nice. The movie was awesome and I enjoyed it so much. My bf laughed at a couple of scenes (he laughed harder than I did). It did make me cry, in fact, it made me cry 3 times. I just couldn't hold back the tears and just cried. Thank goodness I had tissues with me. Someone sitting to my right was crying and I could hear them blowing their nose and sniffling so I didn't feel like a big baby.

On Friday I went to the Disney Outlet with my grandma. I found some cute t-shirts and my grandma got some cute Mickey slip-on shoes and she bought a Pooh shirt for my dad. Here are some pics:

Last edited by eatmypixiedust; 06-07-2009 at 11:21 PM.
eatmypixiedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:33 PM   #1569
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by LulubellesDD View Post
I know this is from way back on the threads but I wanted to say thank you for the offer! I know I am coming back for my best friend and aunt's joint birthday party October 15th through the 18th. Which shows do you recommend? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated =)
KA and Love are two of the best. Phantom is good if you like musicals. Any of the Cirque shows are nice though. Feel free to PM me once it gets closer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Hi ladies!
Just checking in to let you know I have not forgotten about you.
We haven't forgotten you either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
Hi girls!
Marty's been sick all weekend, so I've been trying to be a good wife and nurse him back to health.
Hope he's better now. That's what I did yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
Hi all! Hope everyone is having a great day. I'm on the tram in to Disneyland. Whoo Hoo!
You tease!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
As for me, I am doing ok but was crying my eyes out earlier. Not to be a downer, but there was a tragedy in my town that happend 10 years ago this week to two of my dbil's best friends. It just hit me really hard because of how yound the kids were and just thinking about my own babies. To all of you who have ever suffered a major loss, my heart is with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmypixiedust View Post
[COLOR="blue"] It did make me cry, in fact, it made me cry 3 times. I just couldn't hold back the tears and just cried. Thank goodness I had tissues with me. Someone sitting to my right was crying and I could hear them blowing their nose and sniffling so I didn't feel like a big baby.
Glad you saw it. Hmmm, I don't like to cry at the movies.

Hello ladies!! I'm so tired. I spent the whole day supervising 6 girls at the Adventure Dome and I'm so ready for bed. I know there were some posts I missed, but I'm just too sleepy.

Have a good night all.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:17 AM   #1570
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
Also, I am the one you would find in Blaine! Would love to see you but agree the train is a lovely trip...I can actually see it pass from one of the ports I work at. We could wave!

Of course it's you. Sorry about that.

I'm sorry to hear you were sad and that there was a past tragedy to be sad about.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:45 AM   #1571
Zoemakes5
Support me in my Disney mania
Still likes pennies more than quarters
Had to pop SOMETHING

Hi all! Been having funky trouble not being able to log on to the DIS this weekend. Could access facebook and yahoo, but not DIS, it simply wouldn't load.

Anyway, this week Zoe and I went to DLR for girlfriend's DD (who is a good friend of Zoe's) bday. Her first trip since she was a baby. We had a lot of fun. She didn't know anything about fastpasses, so Zoe and I schooled her.

On Friday, Zoe had a Daddy/Daughter dance for girl scouts. It was a Masquerade ball, and I had to make her mask, which was a challenge. But, she looked beautiful and she just glowed.

We also have decided to take an extended trip back to MN right after I take the bar. Long story short, my friend wants to see us so bad that she's footing most of the bill, since her DD doesn't do well for very long away from home. We're excited to go back and see everyone.

Had a pretty mellow weekend, otherwise. I'm gonna try and catch up now!

Big hugs to everyone!!
Old 06-08-2009, 10:14 AM   #1572
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Good morning divas!!!
Old 06-08-2009, 10:21 AM   #1573
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Good Monday morning ladies!!!

Michelle, sounds like you had fun at DL. I'm so jealous you get to go so often!! Your trip back to MN sounds like fun too. How nice of your friend to pay for y'all to go back and visit.

Well, looks like a quiet morning here. I am still so tired from yesterday. I think I was over tired last night as it took me forever to fall asleep. Maybe a nap should be on the schedule for today. Plus I feel sort of funky, like I might be getting sick, and I cannot have that right now!

So lots of rest for me today. I hope everyone is healthy and happy, and I'll catch ya later.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:28 AM   #1574
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

Love and Light for Everyone
Have a HaPpPy Day
Old 06-08-2009, 10:34 AM   #1575
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

H E L P !

I have a little get well box all ready to go out to Debra, she pm'd me her address but not the last name!

I need to send it out today, If You know Debra's last name please PM me.

Thanks so much!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: