Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2014, 07:13 PM   #1
noahdove
DIS Veteran

Private excursions

I am wondering if there is a list of all private excursions for Alaska? I've read reports and a few say they reserved the excursion with a private company. I would like to know if there is a list. Thank you

noahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:39 PM   #2
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahdove View Post
I am wondering if there is a list of all private excursions for Alaska? I've read reports and a few say they reserved the excursion with a private company. I would like to know if there is a list. Thank you
I haven't seen an official list. When we book on our own we just go to the kiosks on the piers of the different ports. Alaskan ports are very close to town, unlike some other cruise destinations where you have to take a long bus ride to get into town.

For example, if you want to book flight seeing on a float plane from Ketchikan to Misty Fjords and are concerned about the weather, you can just wait til you get to the port and book it there, for a lot less $$$$ than through the shore excursion desk.

You could do a Google search of each of the ports you're visiting and see what tourist attractions/companies are available.
jdb in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2014, 02:04 AM   #3
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Check out my link below for Alaska we did six two in each port of call, Skagway plane over a ire bay and coach and white pass rail, Juneau Hrlicopter ought and walk on glacier and amount Roberts, Ketichan charter flight on a sea plane to mistrust fjords and duck tour, all saved $$$$$$ most was us only.

Before you accept any response or answer 'verify' information, -when did someone "actually do it"

Last cruise AUGUST 2014 Disney Magic July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
Disney Wonder August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
Disney Fantasy 8/11 and 8/18 2012 back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
Disney Magic 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean cruises.
Over 15 Previous cruises, including Disney, RCI and Princess.
Next, Disney Magic Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 02:09 AM   #4
jtba
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY FANTASY View Post
Check out my link below for Alaska we did six two in each port of call, Skagway plane over a ire bay and coach and white pass rail, Juneau Hrlicopter ought and walk on glacier and amount Roberts, Ketichan charter flight on a sea plane to mistrust fjords and duck tour, all saved $$$$$$ most was us only.
What is "amount Roberts"???
jtba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 04:22 AM   #5
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtba View Post
What is "amount Roberts"???
http://www.goldbelttours.com/mount-roberts-tramway/
jdb in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:41 AM   #6
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

I don't think there is an official list but this thread includes a lot of private tour companies that previous cruisers have used:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2723087

We used Chilkoot Tours in Skagway, Alaska Galore (which turned into Harv and Marv for us) for whale watching in Juneau and Ketchikan Taxi Cab Tours in Ketchikan.
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:15 PM   #7
xlxo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
Mount Roberts is one attraction I would buy my tickets at the tram and not prepay on the cruise ship. If the clouds are covering the top... I'm not going. I will check back an hour later to see if the summit has cleared before putting my money down.
xlxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 02:40 AM   #8
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

We chose our private excursions from reading trip reports/threads on here and reviews on Trip Advisor. We went with Chilkoot Charters in Skagway, Harv & Marv in Juneau and Island Wings in Ketchikcan. I'd recommend all of them.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: