Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2009, 12:42 PM   #1
joy13
DIS Veteran

Talking Our Halloween Pop adventure with a 32 year old Disney Newbie -Trip report link pg. 34

Hello all - I've gone back and forth about doing a pre-trip/trip report - but I've decided to dive in and try. This is my first time doing this - so bear with me. I've gotten some good ideas reading other reports (Tammy, Jen, Dawn - I'm talking about you! ) So I hope I can be even half as entertaining as they are.

A little Disney history on us. I'm not sure of the exact number of times I went to Disney growing up - my Grandma lived in Florida when I was a baby/preschool age, so I know my parent's took me once or twice then. Then I remember going in late elementary or early middle school and the summer after my freshman year in college. I always liked it, but I was never a Disney obsessed person, with the exception of Ariel! When that movie came out I loved it and the music! I was in late highschool then, so I had tons of Little Mermaid stuff in my room - hence my avatar. I still consider her my favorite Princess My DH was never to Disneyworld as a child and really had no interest at all in ever going there (until DD came along of course ) Our DD is 6 years old now and this will be her 3rd trip to DW. Her first trip was in Oct. 2005 - she was almost 3 (perfect timing as she got in free!) My Mom went along on that trip and we had a wonderful time.......

We stayed off site and rented a car on that trip - we also went to MNSSHP. It was a great time.

When we got back from that trip, DH (remember the one who had no interest in Disney ) says "When are we going back?" So we decided on 2009. Then 2007 happened - it was a pretty stressful year for a few reasons, so we decided we needed something to look forward to - so I started doing some research and that's when I found out about free dining! So it was Disneyworld for sure in 9/07. It was just the 3 of us that year, we stayed at POP, had the free dining plan, DD did the BBB and we were able to get to a MNSSHP - my favorite! It was just what we needed and it couldn't have been a better vacation.

So that's our Disney history so far - I'll talk about our upcoming trip in the next post

***If anyone is trying to catch up, sorry I don't have chapters or links - I'll do that for my trip report for sure. All of my updates and planning posts are in purple though, that should make it easier to skim through***

Last edited by joy13; 12-12-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:09 PM   #2
joy13
DIS Veteran

Ok - onto the current trip I am planning..........

So we returned from the 2007 trip and DH says "When are we going back?" - anyone see a theme here? It's of course because DD loves it so much, right? Anyway - so we decided to keep with our plans of going in 2009. We decided to let all of our family know that we were going and to see if anyone wanted to join us. DH's parent's are homebodies - so they weren't interested. My Mom toyed with the idea of coming, but between with the stock market going to down so far this year and the fact that we ran her ragged on the trip in 2005 (I've learned since then) she decided not to go. My SIL (the 32 yearold newbie in my title) however was thrilled to be asked. She is DH's sister and DD's Godmother.

So the cast for this trip:
Me (Joy), DH (Doug) and DD (Maddie) And my SIL (Tricia):
We are going from 10/25 to 11/1. That's the week of state teacher's convention in Wisconsin - so that's why we picked that week - DD will only miss 2 1/2 days of school. We are staying at:

I made some requests.....SIL has her own room - so we linked the ressie's together. I asked for builing 4, fireworks view - we'll see what happens. I don't actually think there is a bad location at POP.

We have plans of going back to MNSSHP and BBB. I think I am going to get tickets for the Tuesday party. I don't know what DD will dress up as yet. We are taking several outfits along. We have the Alice in Wonderland dress - that was her Halloween costume this last year.

We also have her Cinderella dress from the last trip - though it's probably getting rather short - so I don't know if we are going to take it or not. We have a Snow white dress and High school musical 3 cheerleader outfit that we are for sure going to take too - so we'll see. I can't decide when to do BBB either - I was thinking of doing DTD this time, since we did the castle last time. I still have 2 months to decide though.

ADR's I plan to try for:

CRT (I wasn't going to, but we are getting in late on Sunday - so we won't be using a TS credit that day - so I"ll have a spare. Seeing it's SIL's first trip - I think it will be neat)
Park Fare dinner
Tepan Edo
Biergarten
Crystal Palace breakfast (SIL loves Winnie the Pooh and friends)
Chef Mickey's

Nothing at HS or AK really excited me, so I'll have to plan carefully since we aren't eating any at either park. The only one I may be willing to give up would be Tepan Edo, since we do have two really good Japanese steak houses where we live (that cook on the table just like Tepan Edo). I could probably give up Chef Mickey's too - but it would have to be for a meal with Mickey and friends. I like to get the characters at meals, so we don't have to stand in line for them

Well, that's all I've got for now. I am reading up in the Passporter and UG 2009. And of course spending tons of time on the DIS. Thanks to anyone who follows along!

Last edited by joy13; 12-12-2010 at 12:04 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2009, 03:18 PM   #3
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Joining up! Sounds like a great pre-trip report so far!
Old 05-10-2009, 03:20 PM   #4
joy13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
Joining up! Sounds like a great pre-trip report so far!

Thanks! I am looking forward to it.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:45 PM   #5
Luna_Lovegood
Mouseketeer

That sounds exactly like my husband. For years I tried to talk him into a Disney trip, then last year he had a conference in Orlando. I managed to talk him into a few Disney days, and before we left, we had booked a bounceback trip! Looking forward to your report!
Old 05-10-2009, 04:53 PM   #6
joy13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna_Lovegood View Post
That sounds exactly like my husband. For years I tried to talk him into a Disney trip, then last year he had a conference in Orlando. I managed to talk him into a few Disney days, and before we left, we had booked a bounceback trip! Looking forward to your report!

The place sure is addicitive DH claims this will be our last trip to Disney for awhile - we'll see once we get back
Old 05-10-2009, 05:11 PM   #8
joy13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
You know I'm in!
Sweet!
Old 05-10-2009, 07:43 PM   #9
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Saw your PTR link while reading someone else's TR and I am in!! I see you are from Green Bay...that is awesome! So hi from a fellow Wisconsinite. (I'm in a suburb of Milwaukee). Lately I have seen so many Wisconsin DISers on here, glad to know I'm not the only Disney fanatic around here!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 05-10-2009, 07:50 PM   #10
joy13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Saw your PTR link while reading someone else's TR and I am in!! I see you are from Green Bay...that is awesome! So hi from a fellow Wisconsinite. (I'm in a suburb of Milwaukee). Lately I have seen so many Wisconsin DISers on here, glad to know I'm not the only Disney fanatic around here!
Woohoo! A fellow Wisconsinite! We were just in Milwaukee a few weeks ago at the Zoo - it was lots of fun! Maybe I can share some pictures from the zoo later - I haven't uploaded the pictures yet.

Thanks to StitchKingdom updates on Twitter - I saw the new trailer for "The Princess and the Frog" , then I went to the website and I see it starts on DD birthday - how perfect! Here's the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6DmEgtibOg
Old 05-10-2009, 10:00 PM   #11
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

i'm here! i haven't read the first installment yet but i will play catch-up later. maybe i can get a wifi signal in court tomorrow and read it then.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:11 PM   #12
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Hi Joy!!

I love PassPorter! I get one for every trip!

Sounds like you got your DH hooked! Yay!

Looking forward to more Halloween-y plans...

Kathy
Old 05-10-2009, 10:37 PM   #13
joy13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
i'm here! i haven't read the first installment yet but i will play catch-up later. maybe i can get a wifi signal in court tomorrow and read it then.
Now that's what I call priorities

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Hi Joy!!

I love PassPorter! I get one for every trip!

Sounds like you got your DH hooked! Yay!

Looking forward to more Halloween-y plans...

Kathy
That is a great book - it should keep me very organized
Old 05-11-2009, 07:49 AM   #14
lizet313
A dream is a wish your HEART makes!

I'm here... great updates can't wait to hear more.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:52 AM   #15
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

Hi! Karen here. I'm on board. I never even herd of passporter until I was looking for a book on dISNEY. - Now I wonder how I planned any trip without one

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: