Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 01:05 PM   #121
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,355

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Okay....I'm subbing. I'm caught up too.....

ME isn't too bad. It really depends what day of the week you arrive and what time. Sometimes lines can be long....

As far as not having a car and relying on the busses, I haven't had trouble with waits for the busses, in general. In 2007, I was at Pop and 2008 I was at both Pop and BCV. I had one long wait returning to Pop from DHS, but it was right after Fantasmic. I had one long wait for the MK from the BCV. That's it. Most waits to and from DTD are long for some reason....FYI.

My cousin's DH has always loved having a car and I never heard him say he missed having a car during our last trip in 2008. Just a different opinion.

I'll be curious to hear your review of BLT as my cousins are DVC owners and may try and get in there for our 2010 trip.

Dinosaur is a scary ride even for some adults. I wouldn't chance taking a 4 yr old on it.
We're arriving on a Saturday for ME...so I'm expecting a long line...

Glad to hear you had positive experiences with the busses. We'd only need to use it for DTD and DHS.

I think we will skip AK altogether... and if we do go, I'll tell DD3 that Dinosaur can be for when she is older.

Where do your cousins own? Good luck getting into BLT for 2010. We are also going in 2010, prob July, but it'll prob be at Kidani or Boardwalk.

Oh and I totally forgot to say Welcome to my report!
Marshay is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #122
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Williamstown, KY
Posts: 17,715

Cousins own at VWL. I don't think we've stayed there since they've bought though.

We've stayed at BCV, BWV and SSR....

thanks for the welcome.
jordanyosh is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-01-2009, 05:41 PM   #123
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 23,968

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Cousins own at VWL. I don't think we've stayed there since they've bought though.

We've stayed at BCV, BWV and SSR....

thanks for the welcome.


Tell me about SSR.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 08:40 PM   #124
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!
 
Circusgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Upper left coast
Posts: 1,592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Hmm, you just turned me off of this restaurant when you said it is "very adult atmosphere"... is that your hint to me that maybe we shouldn't go with a 4 yo and 8.5 mo old?

I picked it b/c it's new and we'd be right next door...but maybe we should wait...
It does seem like a place that doesn't hold a lot of appeal for little kids. They'd do fine there, but there are other places that have more kid magic available. The Wave seems like a better date night place to me.
Circusgirl is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 09:08 PM   #125
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circusgirl View Post
It does seem like a place that doesn't hold a lot of appeal for little kids. They'd do fine there, but there are other places that have more kid magic available. The Wave seems like a better date night place to me.
got it! Ok, so strike that off my list and we'll add Chef Mickey's or Ohana or maybe even Kona...we've always had a good meal at Kona and watching people walk by will keep the kids entertained, too.
Marshay is offline  
Old 06-03-2009, 12:23 PM   #126
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,355

Re: Sci Fi Dine In Restaurant

I just saw a picture of the seats at this restaurant and now I'm reconsidering...do you think the "car seats" would work with small kids?

I think DD3 will be ok, just one of us would have to sit with her ... but our then 8.5 month old will need a highchair. It looks like the cars are raised off the ground, so if a highchair was on the floor, it would not be easy to feed baby. A booster seat on a booth for an 8.5 mo old doesn't work well...

Thoughts?
Marshay is offline  
Old 06-03-2009, 12:29 PM   #127
Leger13
DIS Veteran
 
Leger13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 10,802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Re: Sci Fi Dine In Restaurant

I just saw a picture of the seats at this restaurant and now I'm reconsidering...do you think the "car seats" would work with small kids?

I think DD3 will be ok, just one of us would have to sit with her ... but our then 8.5 month old will need a highchair. It looks like the cars are raised off the ground, so if a highchair was on the floor, it would not be easy to feed baby. A booster seat on a booth for an 8.5 mo old doesn't work well...

Thoughts?
They have actual tables with regular chairs as well as the "car" tables. The regular tables are also surrounded by the front and back of a car to make it still fun but it will make it easier for you to feed Elie at that point. Just make sure to ask for a regular table when making your ADR if you decide to go with Sci Fi
__________________
Carla (32)|Chris (33)|Alex (3)
Leger13 is offline  
Old 06-03-2009, 12:38 PM   #128
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13 View Post
They have actual tables with regular chairs as well as the "car" tables. The regular tables are also surrounded by the front and back of a car to make it still fun but it will make it easier for you to feed Elie at that point. Just make sure to ask for a regular table when making your ADR if you decide to go with Sci Fi
Do you think the regular tables still give you the good atmosphere? If not, then we can certainly wait to do when Elie is older.
Marshay is offline  
Old 06-03-2009, 12:44 PM   #129
Leger13
DIS Veteran
 
Leger13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 10,802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Do you think the regular tables still give you the good atmosphere? If not, then we can certainly wait to do when Elie is older.
To me I wouldn't think it would give the same "drive in theater" affect. I mean, I personally wouldn't want to have to sit at a regular table. Those car tables are just so fun! The CM's really do it up when there's a young kid....they'll put them behind the steering wheel and joke around with the kid about driving and such. I'd have to agree you might want to wait until Elie is over so you don't miss out on the magic of that restaurant. I didn't even think of that when we were talking about Sci Fi earlier.
__________________
Carla (32)|Chris (33)|Alex (3)
Leger13 is offline  
Old 06-03-2009, 12:45 PM   #130
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,355

Carla -- do you remember where the regular tables are in relationship to this photo? Are they off on the sides like "lepers"?



Actually I just read the review and it says that "there are a few tables in the back of the restaurant"

Ok, I think I'm striking this off the plan...we'll wait to do it when Elie's older.
Marshay is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 10:27 PM   #131
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,355

So one of my mom-friends just got back from WDW. She has a son who is one week younger than my DD3 ... and he is a 'super shy, cry-baby, momma's boy'.

I was really dreading their first trip for them b/c I'm thinking "Ryan" is going to freak out on the rides, at the characters, etc.

Well, turns out he WDW, esp the train rides and roller coasters. He went on (and loved):

Goofy's Barnstormer
Test Track
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain
Dinosaur
Expedition Everest

Now when Rachel (DD3) heard this, she said, "since Ryan did those and he is 3 years old, then I can do them too!! I'm not afraid of anything!"

I couldn't believe this shy, scary-cat kid did everest and dinosaur ... even BTMRR.

So now DD3 wants to go to AK to ride them too! I may have to put AK back on the schedule.

Tentative schedule in next post.
Marshay is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 10:39 PM   #132
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar
 
Trentmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 32,608

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
So one of my mom-friends just got back from WDW. She has a son who is one week younger than my DD3 ... and he is a 'super shy, cry-baby, momma's boy'.

I was really dreading their first trip for them b/c I'm thinking "Ryan" is going to freak out on the rides, at the characters, etc.

Well, turns out he WDW, esp the train rides and roller coasters. He went on (and loved):

Goofy's Barnstormer
Test Track
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain
Dinosaur
Expedition Everest

Now when Rachel (DD3) heard this, she said, "since Ryan did those and he is 3 years old, then I can do them too!! I'm not afraid of anything!"

I couldn't believe this shy, scary-cat kid did everest and dinosaur ... even BTMRR.

So now DD3 wants to go to AK to ride them too! I may have to put AK back on the schedule.

Tentative schedule in next post.
WOW...he did Dinosaur and EE...

They must be tall for their age....Min Height I thought for Everest was like 48 inches???


If she really wants to try then, let her go for it

But after you go on the tamer rides, so day is not ruined in case she does not like more extreme rides
__________________
"Sharky", RESIDENT LIFER
Trentmom is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 10:43 PM   #133
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,355

Ok, how's this look?

Sat AM - Airport, ME
Lunch - Food Court
Sat PM - Garden Grill and Epcot ... bed early

Sun AM - DHS
Lunch - Le Cellier (we could take boat from DHS to Epcot and then walk through epcot to monorail...is this too much?)
Sun PM - OPEN (DTD or swim or Rooftop Lounge for MVMCP fireworks)

Mon AM - Crystal Palace and MK
Lunch - CS
Mon PM - MK (hopefully for Spectro and Wishes but they haven't put the schedule out yet)

Tues AM - Epcot
Lunch - Coral Reef
Tues PM - OPEN (Epcot, DTD, swim or Rooftop Lounge for MVMCP fireworks)

Wed AM - Pack and MK
Lunch - CS
Wed PM - Airport

My DH will be proud of me - I actually *scheduled* Open time!!
Marshay is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 10:45 PM   #134
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar
 
Trentmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 32,608

I was a little bit off


went and checked and Min height for EE only 44 inches

My bad
__________________
"Sharky", RESIDENT LIFER
Trentmom is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 10:49 PM   #135
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
WOW...he did Dinosaur and EE...

They must be tall for their age....Min Height I thought for Everest was like 48 inches???


If she really wants to try then, let her go for it

But after you go on the tamer rides, so day is not ruined in case she does not like more extreme rides
Nope, only 44".

If we do them, it would have to be early in the day since I wouldn't want to wait in a long line ... but you have an excellent point!

You know I just can't wait until I'm doing the "thrill" coasters with her so hearing that she wants to do them "thrills" my heart! But I agree, I don't want to scare her.
Marshay is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New & Faster WDW Snake Thread - January 24, 2009 Metro West Theme Parks Community 4173 11-07-2010 05:45 PM
~~~ May 16, 2009 ~~~ Western Magic ~~~ Part 2 ~~~ Key Lime Pie-rates ~~~ Hudson5&Lennon3 Disney Cruise Meets 1000 05-22-2010 12:20 AM
"Mommy, When Will It Be Our Turn?!"--May 16-23, 2009 PTR ladybugmom Completed Trip Reports 645 06-22-2009 03:53 PM
June 2009 Poll - where are you staying? txsoccermom Countdowns and Live Reports 85 06-04-2009 09:39 PM
Meet and greet during gay days 2009 fmelchor88 Gay and Lesbian at Disney 65 05-26-2009 12:59 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: