Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2009, 07:34 AM   #91
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

AK Amendment

My DD3 told me that she wants to do the Dinosaur ride since "she likes Dinosaurs". Hmmm, I'm wondering if this would be too intense for a 4 yo?

I haven't been on since 2003(ish), but I'm remembering that it was very dark, very bumpy and a bit confusing b/c you just zoom through.

I liked it but what age do you think would be appropriate for this?
Old 05-28-2009, 07:38 AM   #92
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
What? You've never been to AK? I didn't realize that. I actually really do like this park ... esp if you can take the time to relax and see all the animals (if you like that sort of thing).

Maybe they can make a non-alcoholic one for me!

Glad to hear another vote for SciFi! We haven't been here yet and I do like to try new restaurants each trip.
I have been to AK. We went for the first time in Sept '07. We did the Safari and the petting zoo and then I got claustrophobic/we were bored so we left and headed back to MK. I'm not big on walking around and staring at animals so it's just not my kind of park. I would like to go back over to AK this year and ride Kali and EE tho.

Well, if they did it would be basically a chocolate shake at that point Really the only alcohol that's in it is the Kalua and Baily's but you can't taste it so even with the Kalua in it tastes like a chocolate milk shake which is why I like it so much.

Here's what they have written on the menu for the drink
Marsha's Martian - Chocolate and vanilla shakes, mixed with Bailey's Irish Cream and Kahlua. - $9.50

BTW if you like ribs...the ones at Sci Fi are delicious!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2009, 08:13 AM   #93
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13 View Post
I have been to AK. We went for the first time in Sept '07. We did the Safari and the petting zoo and then I got claustrophobic/we were bored so we left and headed back to MK. I'm not big on walking around and staring at animals so it's just not my kind of park. I would like to go back over to AK this year and ride Kali and EE tho.

Well, if they did it would be basically a chocolate shake at that point Really the only alcohol that's in it is the Kalua and Baily's but you can't taste it so even with the Kalua in it tastes like a chocolate milk shake which is why I like it so much.

Here's what they have written on the menu for the drink
Marsha's Martian - Chocolate and vanilla shakes, mixed with Bailey's Irish Cream and Kahlua. - $9.50

BTW if you like ribs...the ones at Sci Fi are delicious!!
Ah, thanks for the info. I'll definitely skip that...I'm not a Baily's/Kahlua kind of gal. But I do love milkshakes!!
Old 05-28-2009, 08:24 AM   #94
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ah, thanks for the info. I'll definitely skip that...I'm not a Baily's/Kahlua kind of gal. But I do love milkshakes!!
No problem. I love milkshakes too. Maybe you can just get one of those. I bet it's just as good w/o the alcohol
Old 05-28-2009, 09:50 AM   #95
Marshay

BLT Add-On Update

We have decided we are not going to buy any points at BLT. Our traveling style is to go a week usually and we cannot afford to buy enough points to go for a week in summertimer at BLT 1BR with 11 months priority -- even if we'd go every 3 years. So we'll just have to use our existing points and hope to get in at 7 months.

I'm disappointed but this is a very practical decision for us. (And after going in Nov, if we really fall in love with it, then we can always reconsider...)

Since we still do need more points for summertime travels in our future, we plan to just add on more points at AKV so we can stay there a full week, with 11 months priority. I'm not sure when this will happen.

I'm hoping either DVC comes out with a really cool incentive at AKV or I'll just go through resale. So now I'm trying to check the resale boards each day to see what's around. When we get serious, I'll contact them to put in our request.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:34 AM   #96
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have decided we are not going to buy any points at BLT. Our traveling style is to go a week usually and we cannot afford to buy enough points to go for a week in summertimer at BLT 1BR with 11 months priority -- even if we'd go every 3 years. So we'll just have to use our existing points and hope to get in at 7 months.

I'm disappointed but this is a very practical decision for us. (And after going in Nov, if we really fall in love with it, then we can always reconsider...)

Since we still do need more points for summertime travels in our future, we plan to just add on more points at AKV so we can stay there a full week, with 11 months priority. I'm not sure when this will happen.

I'm hoping either DVC comes out with a really cool incentive at AKV or I'll just go through resale. So now I'm trying to check the resale boards each day to see what's around. When we get serious, I'll contact them to put in our request.
bummer on not buying into BLT but for getting more points at AKV!!
Old 05-28-2009, 10:35 AM   #97
Marshay

EPCOT

Priority - Soarin, Test Track, Nemo, Mexico, Spaceship Earth and Imagination Fountain Family Photo

(For those of you who have followed my past TR, you know that this Family Photo is really important to me. We get one every trip.)

Seconds - Imagination, The Land Boat Ride, Norway

Go Crazy and Have Fun - ?? or Innoventions

I can't recall any playground at Epcot. I know they have some areas where you can play in the water fountains or misters, but in November these may not be practical.

Adult - Mission Space and Shopping in World Showcase, Voices of Liberty

Food - Coral Reef, Germany, Garden Grill, Le Cellier, Sunshine (The Land) or Morrocco CS

Illuminations if we're in Epcot at night.
=================

As you can see, we have lots of stuff to do in Epcot. This is probably my favorite park.

Last edited by Marshay; 05-28-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:46 AM   #98
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

Quote:
AK Amendment

My DD3 told me that she wants to do the Dinosaur ride since "she likes Dinosaurs". Hmmm, I'm wondering if this would be too intense for a 4 yo?

I haven't been on since 2003(ish), but I'm remembering that it was very dark, very bumpy and a bit confusing b/c you just zoom through.

I liked it but what age do you think would be appropriate for this?
I love the ride, but it is VERY dark and VERY loud. It's even too intense for some adults! The super loud roaring of the dinosaurs may be as scary as the darkness. I would suggest you or DH ride it first (maybe while the other stays with the kids at the Boneyard) and see what you think.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:54 AM   #99
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
EPCOT

Priority - Soarin, Test Track, Nemo, Mexico, Spaceship Earth and Imagination Fountain Family Photo

(For those of you who have followed by past TR, you know that this Family Photo is really important to me. We get one every trip.)

Seconds - Imagination, The Land Boat Ride, Norway

Go Crazy and Have Fun - ?? or Innoventions

I can't recall any playground at Epcot. I know they have some areas where you can play in the water fountains or misters, but in November these may not be practical.

Adult - Mission Space and Shopping in World Showcase, Voices of Liberty

Food - Coral Reef, Germany, Garden Grill, Le Cellier, Sunshine (The Land) or Morrocco CS

Illuminations if we're in Epcot at night.
=================

As you can see, we have lots of stuff to do in Epcot. This is probably my favorite park.
All of those are musts for me too except for Mexico

I think there is a playground now. Or at least there was one this past weekend during the flower and garden fest. Not sure if it's up year round If it is it's right where the world show case starts.

I haven't been to many of the restaurants in EPCOT so I can't give you much insight there either. I went to the restaurant in England....two thumbs up and I've been to Sunshine.....not as good as it once was but fun for the kids since it spins and has characters.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:42 PM   #100
Marshay

Magic Kingdom

Priority - Dumbo, Haunted Mansion (swap?), PoC, Splash Mountain (swap), BTMRR (?), Buzz Lightyear, Goofy's Barnstormer (swap), Tea Cups

Seconds - Peter Pan, IASW, Carousel, Jungle Cruise, Country Bears, Tiki Room

Go crazy and run - Tom Sawyer Island, Playgrounds

Adult - * soft opening of Space Mountain *??

Food - Caramel-nut Apple, Pecos Bill, Cosmic Ray's or {gasp } Crystal Palace for breakfast.

Yes, I'm seriously considering going to CP since everyone gives it wonderful reviews and I figure we better go while the girls are still young.

I'd like to do the 3pm parade, spectromagic and wishes.

Our special picture for this park will be DH and I jumping in front of the castle...here's the one we did last May

==========
I think we'll be in MK at least 3 different times in our 5 days there. We just have so much to do and see.

Oh, and DD3 said she wants to do a show where she can be in it (like the Sword in the Stone, etc)...do you know of any others? I'll have to research this.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:44 PM   #101
Marshay

DTD

Priority - World of Disney, Once Upon a Toy

Seconds - Lego Store

Food - Ghiradelli and Goofy's Candy Co
Old 05-28-2009, 01:54 PM   #102
Marshay

So last night I went through all the menus that I had printed from All Ears and did my first cut of restaurants. I only started with those places that are either in a theme park or that we can easily get to on the monorail/boats.

I still need to narrow this list down more. I'm not even sure we'll get to any TS but I want to be prepared so I'll make some ADRs just in case. If I have to cancel, then I'll make someone really happy!

Please provide any good/bad/ugly comments on your experiences. Those marked with a * are ones that I've never been to before so definitely need your advice for both food quality and ability to entertain kids.

Breakfast
======
* Crystal Palace

Lunch or Dinner
====
* Liberty Tree Tavern
* Tusker House
* Sci Fi Dine In
* Plaza Restaurant
* Tony's Town Square
* The Wave
* Biergarten
* 1900 Park Fare

Le Cellier (one of my fav)
Trail's End Buffet (good for cheap dining)
Coral Reef (good meal and FISH!)

Last edited by Marshay; 05-28-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:58 PM   #103
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13 View Post
All of those are musts for me too except for Mexico

I think there is a playground now. Or at least there was one this past weekend during the flower and garden fest. Not sure if it's up year round If it is it's right where the world show case starts.

I haven't been to many of the restaurants in EPCOT so I can't give you much insight there either. I went to the restaurant in England....two thumbs up and I've been to Sunshine.....not as good as it once was but fun for the kids since it spins and has characters.
OH, by "Sunshine" I meant the counter-service in the food court. They have a really good salmon meal (at least for CS) and lots of other choices.

I will definitely look for a playground in epcot there. I know they used to have the Viking ship in Norway but that's off-limits now...

Yeah, Mexico is a cute boat ride ... DD3 likes to look for Donald.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:44 PM   #104
Leger13
DIS Veteran

LOVE the jumping picture!!
Old 05-28-2009, 05:48 PM   #105
Leger13
DIS Veteran

I would only do LTT for dinner...they don't do so well at lunch anymore IMHO. Plus even tho they don't do the character dining anymore they still do the family style meal at dinner which is suburb. And you already know how I feel about SciFi

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: