Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2009, 10:48 PM   #76
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2ddisneymom View Post
to you both.

You love us

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
You are almost half way to Christmas so you'll be the first to sport the tree.
I know....can't believe almost June already

Old 05-26-2009, 07:22 AM   #77
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Oh, too bad you didn't get to do the tour but probably better for you guys to do the tour closer to when you want to purchase.
Yeah that's what I was thinking too. Maybe there will be another DVC resort in the works at that point!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2009, 12:24 PM   #78
PookieB
DVC Dreaming

Quote:
My parents were able to tour the BLT models and they said the BLT 1BR is fantastic -- very large, lots of counterspace/tables, double shower sprayers, two full bathrooms, etc.

They did not like the colors at all but said the 1BR was "phenomenal".

Now the Studio completely turned them off. They said the bathroom section that has the toilet does not have the sink. And in fact you have to walk down a short hall, around a corner to get to the sink. Then the kitchen area and the bathroom sink are right next to each other, sort of like a galley kitchen.

This doesn't make sense at all...why would you have to walk so much with dirty hands? Wouldn't you want to reach a sink within just a few feet?
Hi there! Wonderful PTR!

I couldn't agree more about the bathroom in the studio.

You have a beautiful baby girl with a beautiful name. Elizabeth is my name.

July 87 MK/Epcot|Aug 91 MGM/Epcot|Feb 94 FWC/MGM|Oct 01 Ecpot/MGM|Dec 02 ASMo/MVMCP|Oct 05 ASMu & POP/MNSSHP|Dec 05 ASp/MGM/MVMCP||Jan 06 CSR/WP Wedding & Narcoossee's/WL Honeymoon/Epcot/AK/SOA/V&A's|July 06 MK B-day Trip||Nov 06 DTD-RFC||Jun 07 Swan/DTD|Aug 07 POFQ/DPAPP|Oct 07 POP/MNSSHP/F&W|Jan 08 Anniversary Trip POR/SSR/La Nouba|Oct 08 ASMu/MNSSHP|Dec 08 CSR/MVMCP/Epcot-Candlelight|June 09 OKW/AKV/AK/DHS/MK|Oct 09 CSR/MNSSHP/Epcot/DHS|Jan 10 BLT MK/Epcot/DHS|May 10 SSR/MK/AK| Oct 10 CB MNSSHP| Oct 11 AKV MNSSHP| Feb 12 POP | Oct 12 BC MNSSHP | | Feb 13 DCL Wonder| Oct 13 ASM F&W/MNSSHP |Dec 13 AKV | Oct 14 VGF MNSSHP/F&W | Jan 15 VWL/DCL Dream
Old 05-26-2009, 04:21 PM   #79
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PookieB View Post
Hi there! Wonderful PTR!

I couldn't agree more about the bathroom in the studio.

You have a beautiful baby girl with a beautiful name. Elizabeth is my name.
Hello! Welcome to my PTR.

It does seem very strange to have the studio bathroom sink so far from the toilet...but I haven't heard anyone else complain about this yet...

Yeah, another Elizabeth. Just curious...do you have a nickname? We are still trying to figure out what nickname, if any, to call her.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:04 PM   #80
PookieB
DVC Dreaming

Quote:
Hello! Welcome to my PTR.

It does seem very strange to have the studio bathroom sink so far from the toilet...but I haven't heard anyone else complain about this yet...

Yeah, another Elizabeth. Just curious...do you have a nickname? We are still trying to figure out what nickname, if any, to call her.
I do! My middle name is Ann. So I've always gone by Beth Ann. Elizabeth is when I'm in trouble. "Elizabeth Ann" ... big trouble! GL with a nickname.

July 87 MK/Epcot|Aug 91 MGM/Epcot|Feb 94 FWC/MGM|Oct 01 Ecpot/MGM|Dec 02 ASMo/MVMCP|Oct 05 ASMu & POP/MNSSHP|Dec 05 ASp/MGM/MVMCP||Jan 06 CSR/WP Wedding & Narcoossee's/WL Honeymoon/Epcot/AK/SOA/V&A's|July 06 MK B-day Trip||Nov 06 DTD-RFC||Jun 07 Swan/DTD|Aug 07 POFQ/DPAPP|Oct 07 POP/MNSSHP/F&W|Jan 08 Anniversary Trip POR/SSR/La Nouba|Oct 08 ASMu/MNSSHP|Dec 08 CSR/MVMCP/Epcot-Candlelight|June 09 OKW/AKV/AK/DHS/MK|Oct 09 CSR/MNSSHP/Epcot/DHS|Jan 10 BLT MK/Epcot/DHS|May 10 SSR/MK/AK| Oct 10 CB MNSSHP| Oct 11 AKV MNSSHP| Feb 12 POP | Oct 12 BC MNSSHP | | Feb 13 DCL Wonder| Oct 13 ASM F&W/MNSSHP |Dec 13 AKV | Oct 14 VGF MNSSHP/F&W | Jan 15 VWL/DCL Dream
Old 05-26-2009, 09:28 PM   #81
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PookieB View Post
I do! My middle name is Ann. So I've always gone by Beth Ann. Elizabeth is when I'm in trouble. "Elizabeth Ann" ... big trouble! GL with a nickname.
got it!!
Old 05-26-2009, 09:29 PM   #82
Marshay

Ot

This is for my sister who says she lurks on my TR but doesn't post. C'mon, you got to post now to say how cute your nieces are...

Old 05-26-2009, 09:50 PM   #83
jenna
DIS Veteran

Hi Marshay!

Glad you led me over here! The girls are just beautiful!!!!

Can't wait to follow along on your pre-trippie!

Married in WDW at the Wedding Pavilion- May 22, 1996
Old 05-27-2009, 08:21 AM   #84
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post
Hi Marshay!

Glad you led me over here! The girls are just beautiful!!!!

Can't wait to follow along on your pre-trippie!
yeah!! thanks for reading along. There is not too much going on right now, so this will be an easy TR to read!
Old 05-27-2009, 09:56 PM   #85
Marshay

Planning

Ok, on to some fun planning now.

Although I don't think we'll get to Animal Kingdom on this trip, here are the attractions we'll do if we get there.

Of course, any and all suggestions/comments are greatly appreciated...remember we'll have a 4 yo and 8 mo old (which reminds me I need to get a copy of the Unofficial Guide from our Library to see the kid's ratings for each ride).

ANIMAL KINGDOM
============

Priority - Kilimanjaro Safari

Seconds - Nemo or Lion King, TriSpin, Trails

"Go crazy and have fun" - Dinosaur Playground

Adult - Everest, Premeval Whirl

Food - Tusker House (TS), Yak & Yeti or Flame Tree

No plans for the parade at this time unless there is a EMH and we decide to go to the park later in the day.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:03 PM   #86
Marshay

DISNEY STUDIOS

Priority - Toy Story Mania, Playhouse Disney

(we were lucky to be able to experience TSM before it opened last year. My DD3 loved it and we definitely want to go again. However, if I remember correctly, Elie would not be able to sit on my lap but would be buckled into the middle seat. I'm not sure how secure this will be for her, esp in the spins...also not sure if the spinning would scare an 8 month old. We may have to Child Swap this.)

Seconds - Muppets (but again, this may be too scary for an 8mo old. DD3 has not done this yet), Little Mermaid

Go crazy and have fun - It's Tough to be a Bug Playground

Food - Sci Fi (?) or Commissary or ???

(I know this gets bad reviews but the atmosphere may be enough to keep an 8 mo old occupied (?) and my DH is totally into the old, bad sci fi movies.)

This parade might be a fun one to do if we are in the park. I doubt we'll get to see Fantasmic this time since it'll be tough to keep 2 small kids occupied for an hour wait.

Beauty & the Beast show, if timing works out.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:34 AM   #87
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

Quote:

Although I don't think we'll get to Animal Kingdom on this trip, here are the attractions we'll do if we get there.

Of course, any and all suggestions/comments are greatly appreciated...remember we'll have a 4 yo and 8 mo old (which reminds me I need to get a copy of the Unofficial Guide from our Library to see the kid's ratings for each ride).

ANIMAL KINGDOM
============

No plans for the parade at this time unless there is a EMH and we decide to go to the park later in the day.
This is a great plan! The tiger and gorilla trails are also great. (By Trails I was assuming you meant the character trails over at Camp Minnie Mickey.)

Quote:
DISNEY STUDIOS

(we were lucky to be able to experience TSM before it opened last year. My DD3 loved it and we definitely want to go again. However, if I remember correctly, Elie would not be able to sit on my lap but would be buckled into the middle seat. I'm not sure how secure this will be for her, esp in the spins...also not sure if the spinning would scare an 8 month old. We may have to Child Swap this.)

Seconds - Muppets (but again, this may be too scary for an 8mo old. DD3 has not done this yet), Little Mermaid

(I know this gets bad reviews but the atmosphere may be enough to keep an 8 mo old occupied (?) and my DH is totally into the old, bad sci fi movies.)

This parade might be a fun one to do if we are in the park. I doubt we'll get to see Fantasmic this time since it'll be tough to keep 2 small kids occupied for an hour wait.

I had a much better meal at the Sci Fi in September than I expected. Your older daughter will like the part about sitting in the little car and your DH will definitely enjoy all the movie clips, cartoons, coming attractions and ads.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:00 AM   #88
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Quote:

ANIMAL KINGDOM
============

I dunno anything about AK so I can't help you here.

Quote:
DISNEY STUDIOS

Chris and I LOVE Sci Fi. When you're there you totally should get a Marsha's Martian (see you share your name with the BEST drink EVER!!) Since you're still nursing Elie I know you won't really be able to have it but your DH can enjoy it.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:16 AM   #89
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circusgirl View Post
This is a great plan! The tiger and gorilla trails are also great. (By Trails I was assuming you meant the character trails over at Camp Minnie Mickey.)

I had a much better meal at the Sci Fi in September than I expected. Your older daughter will like the part about sitting in the little car and your DH will definitely enjoy all the movie clips, cartoons, coming attractions and ads.

Actually I meant the animal trails...totally forgot about the Camp Minnie-Mickey thing...yes, I definitely need to put characters on my list for each park.

I think it was your TR that got me thinking about Sci Fi...
Old 05-28-2009, 07:31 AM   #90
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13 View Post
I dunno anything about AK so I can't help you here.

Chris and I LOVE Sci Fi. When you're there you totally should get a Marsha's Martian (see you share your name with the BEST drink EVER!!) Since you're still nursing Elie I know you won't really be able to have it but your DH can enjoy it.
What? You've never been to AK? I didn't realize that. I actually really do like this park ... esp if you can take the time to relax and see all the animals (if you like that sort of thing).

Maybe they can make a non-alcoholic one for me!

Glad to hear another vote for SciFi! We haven't been here yet and I do like to try new restaurants each trip.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: