Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2009, 09:45 PM   #46
Leger13
DIS Veteran
 
Leger13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 10,801

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Thanks for the pics...I had seen some before...I guess I just think it still looks 70s-ish...those yellow stools just don't cut it for me. Wish there were more blues and greens...

But looking at these pics definitely makes me more excited to be there!!
yeah i hear you there but I think those colors are making a come back in a big way unfortunately.

Good glad I could help get you more excited
__________________
Carla (32)|Chris (33)|Alex (3)
Leger13 is offline  
Old 05-17-2009, 10:12 PM   #47
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar
 
Trentmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 32,590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
This is good to know! I forget...do you still take a stroller to the parks? I know it'll be a lot easier once we don't have to drag that around anymore.

Speaking of strollers, we need to decide if we are taking one or two strollers. Obviously Elie will need a stroller at 8 months but even Rae who will be 4 in Nov will most likely need one too if we don't want her to be cranky and tired of walking.

We have a single jogging stroller and a single McLaren...I wonder if we should bring both of them...I also see on the budget boards that there are stroller swaps that you can participate in for free...this might be something to consider, too...

Looks like another thing to add to the research!
We bought one at a yard sale(QM Did) for 5 bucks and used it at parks. Without it, would have been a nightmare. Even though Trent does not need one at home anymore, that is just too much walking for little legs

On our last night there, we left it at MGM.....it was soaked from rain, but once it dried off, it would be fine for another person to use.

I think they take any abandoned strollers and sell them at Cast member sales.

Renting a stroller there is outrageous now and definitely a better idea to bring one from home

I would bring a double since you have two and one is still little. If DD #1 feels like walking, you have somewhere to put your bags for awhile, give your hubby a rest
__________________
"Sharky", RESIDENT LIFER
Trentmom is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-17-2009, 10:15 PM   #48
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
We bought one at a yard sale(QM Did) for 5 bucks and used it at parks. Without it, would have been a nightmare. Even though Trent does not need one at home anymore, that is just too much walking for little legs

On our last night there, we left it at MGM.....it was soaked from rain, but once it dried off, it would be fine for another person to use.

I think they take any abandoned strollers and sell them at Cast member sales.

Renting a stroller there is outrageous now and definitely a better idea to bring one from home

I would bring a double since you have two and one is still little. If DD #1 feels like walking, you have somewhere to put your bags for awhile, give your hubby a rest

Thanks for the advice. So we will definitely plan on having a stroller for each girl or joining a swap for a double-stroller. I found there are 5 double-stroller swaps on the DIS so just need to see which one would work best for us!
Marshay is offline  
Old 05-17-2009, 11:32 PM   #49
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar
 
Trentmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 32,590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Thanks for the advice. So we will definitely plan on having a stroller for each girl or joining a swap for a double-stroller. I found there are 5 double-stroller swaps on the DIS so just need to see which one would work best for us!
No problem

That is awesome. Hope you can find a good one for ya
__________________
"Sharky", RESIDENT LIFER
Trentmom is offline  
Old 05-19-2009, 08:50 PM   #50
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!
 
Circusgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Upper left coast
Posts: 1,587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
I'm definitely considering it. We are still hoping to do some Table Service though. I'll go ahead and make ressies when I can and I'll just have to cancel them if we don't use them.

The more I think of it, the more I think we'll just do OOP. And of course I'll save my receipts and then compare to the three different plans.

Hmm, I see a trivia question for my TR already -- which dining plan would have been the best way to go?
I'm so glad you're going back! It's good to be back to the pleasure of your reporting.

It makes sense to have ADRs for your high points. You will undoubtedly change your schedule a number of times depending on how the girls are doing but then you can pick and choose your moments. The Tables in Wonderland card (and its predecessor the DDE card) worked really well for me. The card more than pays for itself, and the valet parking benefit rocks my world at the end of a long day of walking. When I calculate out the choices for a solo trip, getting a really good room discount and using the TIW card work out the best financially.
Circusgirl is offline  
Old 05-19-2009, 09:59 PM   #51
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circusgirl View Post
I'm so glad you're going back! It's good to be back to the pleasure of your reporting.

It makes sense to have ADRs for your high points. You will undoubtedly change your schedule a number of times depending on how the girls are doing but then you can pick and choose your moments. The Tables in Wonderland card (and its predecessor the DDE card) worked really well for me. The card more than pays for itself, and the valet parking benefit rocks my world at the end of a long day of walking. When I calculate out the choices for a solo trip, getting a really good room discount and using the TIW card work out the best financially.

Yeah! You made it!! So glad.

If I knew for sure that we would be doing a TS each day, I would totally get the TIW card...since we'll be going back in July next year with my family, it would definitely pay for itself.

But I'd hate to pay for the card only to do all CS and my family already said that they plan to cook a lot of meals next year since they can't afford to eat out. So we might be joining them, too.

Decisions, decisions....
Marshay is offline  
Old 05-21-2009, 09:03 PM   #52
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,335

Since our trip is still many months away, there is not much I'm planning right now.

I made a list of attractions in each park that I want to do (will post later) and also the TS/CS and shows I'd like to go to. Definitely have to narrow down this list.

I made a note on my calendar of when I can make my ADRs. I also wrote down the date when Southwest is supposed to come out with their November airfares.

I need to keep alert on DIS in case there is a leak as to when WDW will raise their ticket prices. Two years ago we caught this and were able to purchase our Annual Pass at the cheaper price. I'm hoping to do the same again this year.

On a personal note, I just purchased tickets to American Idol's concert tour in DC as a surprise "date night" for my DH and I. We've been watching all the shows this year (a first for my DH!) so I thought it might be a nice surprise to actually go to the concert. This would be only my 2nd BIG concert in my life...the first being the Rolling Stones. I won tickets to see them!
Marshay is offline  
Old 05-21-2009, 09:10 PM   #53
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,335

Lastly, I'm in a dilemma.

I heard that WDW is raising their prices for BLT on June 15th. We definitely plan to get more points and were seriously considering BLT. However, as I stated on here, we were hoping to actually stay there before we bought.

Sooooo, I'm looking at our financial situation to see if we can buy early. I actually called my guide today just to see what the incentives are.

We could really use 50 pts ... that would allow us to get a 1BR in summer every year for 8 nights at most resorts when we combine all our pts together.

If we bank and borrow the 50, we could stay 5 days in summer at BLT with an 11month booking advantage.

What to do...what to do...

Last edited by Marshay; 05-21-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Marshay is offline  
Old 05-21-2009, 09:33 PM   #54
Tat2ddisneymom
Will have to keep the husband
Had to pee in a cup
As Captain Jack, he's just smokin'
 
Tat2ddisneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South of Heaven
Posts: 6,298

Only your second concert? Girl, what are we gonna do with you?

I don't understand the DVC stuff. Probably because I haven't read up on it. But I guess if it saves you money in the long run, then go for it.
__________________

Last edited by Tat2ddisneymom; 05-21-2009 at 09:35 PM. Reason: I'm not even really sure what the question is. I've taken my meds for the night.
Tat2ddisneymom is offline  
Old 05-21-2009, 09:41 PM   #55
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2ddisneymom View Post
Only your second concert? Girl, what are we gonna do with you?

I don't understand the DVC stuff. Probably because I haven't read up on it. But I guess if it saves you money in the long run, then go for it.
yeah, I definitely thought of you and all the concerts you go to when I wrote that!! I figure you'd have something to say.

I was soooo super shocked at the price though. The tickets were more than I thought considering we are up in the nosebleed section ... and then TicketMaster tacked on $35 in fees -- and I chose the free shipping!

But since I got my SIL to babysit for us, I decided to go ahead and get the tickets. Now how to surprise the DH...
Marshay is offline  
Old 05-21-2009, 10:59 PM   #56
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar
 
Trentmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 32,590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Since our trip is still many months away, there is not much I'm planning right now.

I made a list of attractions in each park that I want to do (will post later) and also the TS/CS and shows I'd like to go to. Definitely have to narrow down this list.

I made a note on my calendar of when I can make my ADRs. I also wrote down the date when Southwest is supposed to come out with their November airfares.

I need to keep alert on DIS in case there is a leak as to when WDW will raise their ticket prices. Two years ago we caught this and were able to purchase our Annual Pass at the cheaper price. I'm hoping to do the same again this year.

On a personal note, I just purchased tickets to American Idol's concert tour in DC as a surprise "date night" for my DH and I. We've been watching all the shows this year (a first for my DH!) so I thought it might be a nice surprise to actually go to the concert. This would be only my 2nd BIG concert in my life...the first being the Rolling Stones. I won tickets to see them!
Can't wait to see your must do list and restaurants list

I did a bit of googling and I would have to say make sure you buy your APs before first Sunday in August


That is so awesome about American Idol. I hope you both have a blast
__________________
"Sharky", RESIDENT LIFER
Trentmom is offline  
Old 05-22-2009, 12:13 AM   #57
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!
 
Circusgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Upper left coast
Posts: 1,587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Since our trip is still many months away, there is not much I'm planning right now.

I made a list of attractions in each park that I want to do (will post later) and also the TS/CS and shows I'd like to go to. Definitely have to narrow down this list.

I made a note on my calendar of when I can make my ADRs. I also wrote down the date when Southwest is supposed to come out with their November airfares.

I need to keep alert on DIS in case there is a leak as to when WDW will raise their ticket prices. Two years ago we caught this and were able to purchase our Annual Pass at the cheaper price. I'm hoping to do the same again this year.

On a personal note, I just purchased tickets to American Idol's concert tour in DC as a surprise "date night" for my DH and I. We've been watching all the shows this year (a first for my DH!) so I thought it might be a nice surprise to actually go to the concert. This would be only my 2nd BIG concert in my life...the first being the Rolling Stones. I won tickets to see them!
Ah, the happy days of pre-planning! I am always surprised when I make my lists at how much more I want to do than there is actually time for. It's good to start mulling it over early.

Isn't it fun lying in wait for the best deals!

Great surprise! That will be a fantastic date night. What are you going to wear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Lastly, I'm in a dilemma.

I heard that WDW is raising their prices for BLT on June 15th. We definitely plan to get more points and were seriously considering BLT. However, as I stated on here, we were hoping to actually stay there before we bought.

Sooooo, I'm looking at our financial situation to see if we can buy early. I actually called my guide today just to see what the incentives are.

We could really use 50 pts ... that would allow us to get a 1BR in summer every year for 8 nights at most resorts when we combine all our pts together.

If we bank and borrow the 50, we could stay 5 days in summer at BLT with an 11month booking advantage.

What to do...what to do...
I'm sure there is a special branch of Disney math for DVC. It seems like BLT would be a fantastic choice for your additional points. (Which of course you should buy.)
Circusgirl is offline  
Old 05-22-2009, 06:37 AM   #58
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Can't wait to see your must do list and restaurants list

I did a bit of googling and I would have to say make sure you buy your APs before first Sunday in August


That is so awesome about American Idol. I hope you both have a blast

re: the tickets -- thanks!! I thought I remembered it was sometime in August that they increased...

The only bad thing about AI is that we are now in nosebleed section since I waited so long to purchase...
Marshay is offline  
Old 05-22-2009, 06:41 AM   #59
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circusgirl View Post
Ah, the happy days of pre-planning! I am always surprised when I make my lists at how much more I want to do than there is actually time for. It's good to start mulling it over early.

Isn't it fun lying in wait for the best deals!

Great surprise! That will be a fantastic date night. What are you going to wear?

I'm sure there is a special branch of Disney math for DVC. It seems like BLT would be a fantastic choice for your additional points. (Which of course you should buy.)
Yes! I agree -- way too many things to do and see. I have "those friends" who say, "I'm sure we'll go to Disney one time...but that will be enough."

Wear?? You mean I have to plan what to wear to the concert?!? Oh, I've become such a mommy...more concerned about my girls then myself.

But you are right...I should work on getting a cool outfit for the concert...suggestions welcome from you all!!
Marshay is offline  
Old 05-22-2009, 06:49 AM   #60
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,335

re: BLT...yeah, that special Disney math is working on me

I'm thinking that we could do 50 pts ...

We were lucky to get a tax rebate this year so that should cover a part of it...and DD doesn't have preschool during the summer, so that would save us some $$...

Hmmm...
Marshay is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New & Faster WDW Snake Thread - January 24, 2009 Metro West Theme Parks Community 4173 11-07-2010 05:45 PM
~~~ May 16, 2009 ~~~ Western Magic ~~~ Part 2 ~~~ Key Lime Pie-rates ~~~ Hudson5&Lennon3 Disney Cruise Meets 1000 05-22-2010 12:20 AM
"Mommy, When Will It Be Our Turn?!"--May 16-23, 2009 PTR ladybugmom Completed Trip Reports 645 06-22-2009 03:53 PM
June 2009 Poll - where are you staying? txsoccermom Countdowns and Live Reports 85 06-04-2009 09:39 PM
Meet and greet during gay days 2009 fmelchor88 Gay and Lesbian at Disney 65 05-26-2009 12:59 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.