Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2009, 10:58 PM   #151
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
I saw that SW right now is testing out ME with Pop Century. If that goes well, all resorts should follow shortly after
that's what I'm hoping for too!! Would rather do SW since they don't charge for bags.

I still think we may have to ship down some items like diapers and snacks...we'll have our hands full with 2 girls in the airport (and only one stroller) so having less luggage would be good.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:02 AM   #152
cherbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
No, we haven't made a decision yet on whether to buy a seat for Elie...if we can get a good price, we'll just go ahead and get her a ticket. If they are $$, then we'll just do 3.

When I priced originally tickets were $400 -- yikes!! But I tried again this week and they were down to $250 -- still too much.

I'm waiting for Southwest to come out with November schedule and will either book them or hope that United lowers their price.

I'm hoping that by November, ME and SW will partner.

DH wants to go to Le Cellier for his filet mignon. I love it too but this restaurant isn't really kid-friendly.

So the Photopass photographers wouldn't let you do the jump in front of the castle b/c of your shoes? I wonder if this is a new policy? As you can see I had Crocs on which are similar to flip flops...

Thanks for info on noise level for biergarten...as you can see from the current schedule, we took it off the list. DH says he doesn't think he'll like German food.
I hope SW and ME will partner too! Hope they have a good flight for you when the flights come out. I LOVE SW!

Quote:
We will try to get a 9am flight if SW offers that which gets us in around 11am...otherwise it'll be a 1pm flight getting us in around 3pm.

Yeah, it's cool to be making a schedule. I like this time when you get to plan and know that you have a trip on the books. And actually we are going with my parents and sister's family in summer 2010 (July?) so it really feels good to know that we'll be back again...will make leaving in Nov less painful.
I hope you get the morning one!

yeah it's a fun time!!

oh yeah, MUCH less painful. I wish we were planning a trip right now

WDW in July with a baby?? Am I crazy?!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2009, 09:04 AM   #153
cherbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
I saw that SW right now is testing out ME with Pop Century. If that goes well, all resorts should follow shortly after
This is awesome news! Kelly knows all... thanks for the info!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
Old 06-08-2009, 06:52 PM   #154
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbear View Post
This is awesome news! Kelly knows all... thanks for the info!
aw...shucks...you are making me blus
Old 06-10-2009, 07:13 AM   #155
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Hi Marsha! Just popping in Hope everything is going well
Old 06-10-2009, 11:48 AM   #156
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

OT - Crafts

If you've read either of my TR below from Sept or May, you'll know that I love to do crafts. I started with Scrapbooking and now have done t-shirts, activity books, seasonal crafts, etc.

Well, DD3 and I just completed our Father's Day gift to him. I think it turned out really cute.

It's made with wood letters from AC Moore and embellished with paper, buttons, small wood figures, glitter. I mod-podged it to seal it. And I put a pocket in the back of the D's so we could replace the photo in the future.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:55 PM   #157
cherbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you've read either of my TR below from Sept or May, you'll know that I love to do crafts. I started with Scrapbooking and now have done t-shirts, activity books, seasonal crafts, etc.

Well, DD3 and I just completed our Father's Day gift to him. I think it turned out really cute.

It's made with wood letters from AC Moore and embellished with paper, buttons, small wood figures, glitter. I mod-podged it to seal it. And I put a pocket in the back of the D's so we could replace the photo in the future.
wow....Marsha...you are SoooOoOO good! Looks great!

Old 06-10-2009, 02:37 PM   #158
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok, how's this look?

Sat AM - Airport, ME
Lunch - Food Court
Sat PM - Garden Grill and Epcot ... bed early

Sun AM - DHS
Lunch - Le Cellier (we could take boat from DHS to Epcot and then walk through epcot to monorail...is this too much?)
Sun PM - OPEN (DTD or swim or Rooftop Lounge for MVMCP fireworks)

Mon AM - Crystal Palace and MK
Lunch - CS
Mon PM - MK (hopefully for Spectro and Wishes but they haven't put the schedule out yet)

Tues AM - Epcot
Lunch - Coral Reef
Tues PM - OPEN (Epcot, DTD, swim or Rooftop Lounge for MVMCP fireworks)

Wed AM - Pack and MK
Lunch - CS
Wed PM - Airport

My DH will be proud of me - I actually *scheduled* Open time!!
I like the open time too! It allows some flexibility when it comes to your planning and plus, you can enjoy the new BLT..!
Old 06-10-2009, 03:43 PM   #159
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:

That is absolutely adorable.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:49 PM   #160
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

aww...I love it....he is going to love that!!!
Old 06-11-2009, 01:52 PM   #161
Marshay

Well, I have a bit of good news today ....

ok, call it GREAT news...

No, call it Super Wonderful news

What is it, you ask??

Well, I just made a phone call down to FL today ... to add on 50 AKV points!!!!

This will allow us to book a 1BR Savanna room for a week in summer every 3 years at 11 months.

I compared to what was offered on resale and buying directly from Disney made more sense for a small add-on contract. They gave us 2008 pts for free, $10/pt discount and we could put on our Disney VISA card with 6 months no interest!!
Old 06-11-2009, 01:57 PM   #162
cherbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What is it, you ask??

This will allow us to book a 1BR Savanna room for a week in summer every 3 years at 11 months.

I compared to what was offered on resale and buying directly from Disney made more sense for a small add-on contract. They gave us 2008 pts for free, $10/pt discount and we could put on our Disney VISA card with 6 months no interest!!
How exciting!! So glad you decided to do this. I didn't think it would be so soon but that is great! I wish I could afford to buy into DVC right now. Someday, some way...

Old 06-11-2009, 02:12 PM   #163
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What is it, you ask??

Do you think that's how you'll use the points all the time?

Congrats by the way!!!!
Old 06-11-2009, 03:41 PM   #164
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

That is great news!!!!

Congrats
Old 06-11-2009, 04:41 PM   #165
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbear View Post
How exciting!! So glad you decided to do this. I didn't think it would be so soon but that is great! I wish I could afford to buy into DVC right now. Someday, some way...
Thanks! I didnt think it would be this soon either...we really wanted 70 - 100 points so we'd have enough to reserve ever other year ... but decided we didn't want to spend that much money. So we settled for every 3 years -- which is absolutely fine with me!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: