Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2009, 02:22 PM   #46
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

I'm starting to think about dining...

Saturday we'll need 2 meals, lunch and dinner.

Sunday we need 2 or 3...maybe breakfast, but definitely lunch & dinner.

Monday we'll have breakfast and lunch.

Now, I can easily split a meal, but my brother...well, he's a growin' boy. Seriously, he's a bottomless pit. I don't know where he puts it.

The problem is that we have 4 meals total over those 3 days.

At Y&Y we might use 1 CS and 2 snacks.

Saturday will be 2 CS for dinner...somewhere in Epcot.
Sunday will be 4 CS.
So we'll only have 1 CS left. That could be for breakfast on Monday or lunch on Saturday

Sooooo we could do a sit down lunch on Saturday. The fixed menu at Chefs de France is a killer deal. Only $20pp. Or do Biergarten at $20pp. Do a late lunch? One of my brother's favorite places to eat at Epcot is Biergarten. He likes the girls and the food, he's a happy camper. Plus he can order BEER He's also big into France. He studied abroad there, speaks fluent French too. I think we'd be good at either place. I'm tempted to call and see if there's availability at either around 2:30 for lunch and book one, just so we have it!! PLUS...it's a rather full day we're doing, so it might be nice to have a mid-afternoon air conditioning break...

So many choices. I need my brother to get back from his road trip. I need his input!
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:00 AM   #47
teruterubouzu
DIS Veteran

Making dining reservations must make it feel like it's coming up soon. Fun!

I just found out last night that I may be going to WDW with my brother this August too. I just need to figure out how to arrange to be away from the office for a couple of days.

August 7-11, 2009 - Went back for a long weekend with my brother to relive old family vacation memories.
May 8-11, 2009 - Long weekend at Coronado Springs

August 2008 Trip Report: Disneyfied! Two sisters return to Walt Disney World after 21 years. (apologies for abandoning this)
teruterubouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2009, 08:50 AM   #48
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teruterubouzu View Post
Making dining reservations must make it feel like it's coming up soon. Fun!

I just found out last night that I may be going to WDW with my brother this August too. I just need to figure out how to arrange to be away from the office for a couple of days.

How fun!

I did go ahead and make a 2:30 at France. I figure I can always cancel or change it if we need to!!
Old 06-15-2009, 09:12 AM   #49
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Brother's back. He's down with the plans. France is good. We're rockin' and rollin'!
Old 06-22-2009, 12:35 PM   #50
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

I don't really have an update, but I feel like this is neglected. My dining is done, my flights are booked, tee-shirts are made...I'm twidling my thumbs here!!

My parents went up to Epcot for Father's Day...well, pre-Father's Day. My brother got his AP...didn't use the discount card I sent him because he forgot it Oh well, he still gets the FL resident discount, and I'm not sure he could have combined them anyway. So they did Epcot Saturday and ate at Tepan Edo with other Eagles Fans Sunday my parents golfed the Magnolia and apprarently their AP's got them a really great discount that made my Dad a happy camper...so they used the money they were planning on spending anyway and bought shirts Way to spport the economy!!

That is all...
Old 06-22-2009, 01:09 PM   #51
shebaxric
Disaholic Since 1980!!!

You are just well planned, not neglectful! You can use your PTR as a forum for anything else. We'll keep looking for updates, it doesn't matter if they aren't trip related!

Here's the question of the day: since your brother got his AP, have you decided whether or not you'll get another one???
shebaxric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:27 PM   #52
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Hmmm...question of the day

As much as I want one...it doesn't make sense. Last year I knew I was going in October & February, between the two trips I only needed I think 2 more days to make it worth it. Then I went in August when I got it and December for the day and for my birthday...and now. (I think I have a problem!!!) So it was really worth it. This year I'm pretty much out of vacation days in the fall besides a day or two around the holidays Next year I think my boyfriend and I might take a cruise. So I can't really justify the expense like I did last year...which is why I'm going on this trip! Gotta get my value out of it!!!

My brother goes to school in FL, so he'll go over with his friends (jealous? why yes. yes i am! ) I think my next move might be a 10 day non-expire pass. I can always borrow someone's AP to get free parking I'll probably take a year "off" from Disney and do other stuff. The fun part for me is that since my parents are close if I really start to go through withdrawal again...ahem...I can go for a long weekend and do a tour and dinner. I've always wanted to do Backstage Magic, if I don't have a pass it's a good excuse

Sooooo that's my answer

ETA: I love how my idea of taking a year "off" is going for a long weekend and doing a tour...
Old 06-23-2009, 08:07 AM   #53
shebaxric
Disaholic Since 1980!!!

TAKING A YEAR OFF OF DISNEY??? I did that last year and I think I became physically sick more because of it. But honestly, I think your logic makes sense, the passes are very expensive!
Old 06-23-2009, 12:07 PM   #54
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Soooo I'm thinking of going to DisneyLAND next year. I mean, it's not DisneyWORLD...so that's different. Right...right??
Old 06-23-2009, 07:52 PM   #55
teruterubouzu
DIS Veteran

Disneyland is great! I rather regret buying an AP at WDW because that means I have a harder time justifying a trip out to California.

p.s. My trip with my brother is booked! We're staying at the Dolphin and I can't wait. I've made a couple of reservations using the online site and keep wanting to make more. The planning is so fun!

August 7-11, 2009 - Went back for a long weekend with my brother to relive old family vacation memories.

August 2008 Trip Report: Disneyfied! Two sisters return to Walt Disney World after 21 years. (apologies for abandoning this)
Old 06-24-2009, 09:53 AM   #56
shebaxric
Disaholic Since 1980!!!

Disneyland is definitely different. There are some fantastic things there that WDW doesn't have. Growing up in Southern CA we were there at least 3 times a year. Let me know if you go and I'll give you some pointers. Sounds like a blast!
Old 06-24-2009, 10:00 AM   #57
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

It'll be my first trip to Disneyland. I even somehow got a committal from the bf last night that he'll go with me! So we started looking at some details...I really wanted to stay "onsite" but they don't really have a "moderate" option, so we might go off-site BUT I also might be able to get free rooms since I travel for work and if we're planning this far in advance, I can focus on staying in Marriott properties and rack up points

We're looking at early February or May. Probably May. But as he keeps reminding me...it's months away

That's so exciting you're going down in August too! Apparently sibling trips in August for long weekends are what all the cool kids are doing!! When in August?
I booked Chefs right before they came out with online dining, so besides just playing around with it, I don't get to use it

Last edited by onelilspark; 06-24-2009 at 10:18 AM. Reason: typos
Old 06-24-2009, 10:01 AM   #58
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebaxric View Post
Disneyland is definitely different. There are some fantastic things there that WDW doesn't have. Growing up in Southern CA we were there at least 3 times a year. Let me know if you go and I'll give you some pointers. Sounds like a blast!
Point away!
Old 06-24-2009, 09:43 PM   #59
teruterubouzu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post

That's so exciting you're going down in August too! Apparently sibling trips in August for long weekends are what all the cool kids are doing!! When in August?
Hooray for convincing the BF to go to Disneyland! That's so great.

You are right about all of the cool kids. LOL. My brother and I will be at WDW for 4 nights starting the 7th of August. It feels like a long ways away right now.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:56 AM   #60
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

I'm going only a week before you and it's just over a month. Which scares me because I think to myself "OMG AUGUST IS ONLY A MONTH AWAY!" And then I giggle.

Good story, no?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: