Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2009, 10:40 AM   #16
teruterubouzu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
You sound like me! That would be exactly what I would request for my room! Upper floor so it's quiet please!!

When did you send in your request?
Thanks for the hints on how to get my boyfriend to go. I faxed my request in on a Monday for a Friday check in. I hope your request works out as well as mine did.

August 7-11, 2009 - Went back for a long weekend with my brother to relive old family vacation memories.
May 8-11, 2009 - Long weekend at Coronado Springs

August 2008 Trip Report: Disneyfied! Two sisters return to Walt Disney World after 21 years. (apologies for abandoning this)
teruterubouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:51 AM   #17
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Thanks! I hope so too!

Good luck wearing down the bf!

I'm working on tee shirts today to bring with me I'll take a picture and post later!
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2009, 05:37 PM   #18
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Tee Shirts!!

Sooo I decided to totally Disney Geek myself out for this trip and I made some tee shirts! I used this board: DISigns!

I made three for myself and two for my cousin and one for my friend!

These are all of them:

The Phillies one is for my friend, the Chip & Dale one and the Steelers one is for my cousin, the other three are for ME!

These are mine:

Surprisingly, I really like the way the blue one came out!! I can't wait to wear them!
Old 05-18-2009, 11:57 AM   #19
shebaxric
Disaholic Since 1980!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Sooo I decided to totally Disney Geek myself out for this trip and I made some tee shirts! I used this board: DISigns!

I made three for myself and two for my cousin and one for my friend!

These are all of them:

The Phillies one is for my friend, the Chip & Dale one and the Steelers one is for my cousin, the other three are for ME!

These are mine:

Surprisingly, I really like the way the blue one came out!! I can't wait to wear them!

My sister is a HUGE Steelers fan, so I'm definitely going to get that shirt for her for when we go in November!! Do they have all the NFL teams? I'm going to go and check out the link right now, thanks for posting that! I hope you have a wonderful time in Chicago and and out west! I only have four and a half more days until our vacation at the Outer Banks!!! Hopefully, the weather will cooperate, but right now, it's saying rain for four out of the seven days we are there! I really want that to change!
shebaxric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:33 PM   #20
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Hope the weather cooperates!!

Natalie is the one who did the sports: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1786459
Old 05-20-2009, 07:29 AM   #21
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

I got an email from Disney back...apparnelty it's 45 days out to add my brother. Not 6 like the online chat guy told me. Grrrr....
Old 05-20-2009, 09:10 AM   #22
lizet313
A dream is a wish your HEART makes!

Subbing

I like the shirts.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:05 AM   #23
norybell
DIS Veteran

Hi Kelly!

Love the shirts! I'm thinking of making myself one for MNSSHP...

And I'm totally thinking about upgrading to an AP when I'm there. I figure, even if I just go back one more time in the next year (which I plan to in Oct '10, with my niece), it'll be worth it. Do you know if there are AP room rates for all the resorts? (Sorry to interrupt your thread with AP questions!)

Though, from reading your report so far, maybe upgrading to an AP is a bit...dangerous?
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

norybell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:10 AM   #24
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizet313 View Post
Subbing

I like the shirts.
Thanks! I think I like them too

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
Hi Kelly!

Love the shirts! I'm thinking of making myself one for MNSSHP...

And I'm totally thinking about upgrading to an AP when I'm there. I figure, even if I just go back one more time in the next year (which I plan to in Oct '10, with my niece), it'll be worth it. Do you know if there are AP room rates for all the resorts? (Sorry to interrupt your thread with AP questions!)

Though, from reading your report so far, maybe upgrading to an AP is a bit...dangerous?
Hi! Umm...the AP is a little dangerous, but in a good way! And this past year there have been room rates for the moderates (I'm saving 40% at the CSR! ) and values every time it's released. The deluxes are a little different. Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge are always included. Sometimes Saratoga Springs and Old Key West are included. And maybe once? this year other deluxes were included. If you're looking at staying at a moderate or value, you're definitely covered. Oh, and you can book an AP rate without actually getting the AP yet. You just have to produce one sometime during your stay. Feel free to interrupt at any time if you have any other questions!
Old 05-22-2009, 07:37 AM   #25
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

My boyfriend and I went out last night around sunset to a restaurant on the Erie Canal. So I practiced taking dusk shots with my new Gorillapod

I think they turned out pretty good!

I was practicing last night because I leave for Chicago tonight, then onto California on Monday. It might be awhile before I post again! Have a great Memorial Day everyone!!
Old 05-22-2009, 10:07 PM   #26
norybell
DIS Veteran

Nice photos! I especially like the second one. Have a great weekend!
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

norybell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:25 AM   #27
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Thanks Norybell!

I'm still out here in California. I really want to steal our rental car and head down the coast. According to the info we got from the hotel, Disneyland is only a mere 8 hours away. Totally do-able. But we start wine country tomorrow! And I don't really want to miss that...decisions, decisions

My brother's birthday is tomorrow, so I can tell him that for his birthday I'm buying his share of the QSDP. I'm terrible at keeping secrets, so I'm having a hard time.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:40 AM   #28
lizet313
A dream is a wish your HEART makes!

WOW am speechless I love your pics.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:08 PM   #29
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much I'm editing my photos from "wine country" right now. I only used my gorillapod once though...to take a family photo Looks like it'll get a proper introduction at Disney.

We're all systems go for Disney now! On Monday I'm adding my brother to the package officially! So he'll just need his ticket. I'm putting him in charge of in-park transportation, sunscreen, ponchos and to-the-airport transportation. I think he can handle it!!
Old 06-01-2009, 01:21 PM   #30
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Yay! Just got off the phone with the best CM ever! I added my brother and added the request for the Cabanas

...that is all.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: