Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2010, 11:18 AM   #46
HeatherNJNC
Twitterpated!

Congratulations on your engagement! We were getting married the day you got engaged so that date is VERY special to me! Can't wait to hear more about your planning!

I WAS A DISNEY BRIDE!
September 19, 2009
Sea Breeze Point/Ariel's
PJ & TR
HeatherNJNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:12 PM   #47
erin.w
DIS Veteran

Hello from a fellow CT'er planning on a 2011 wedding, although we are planning for April of 2011.

We are currently trying to decide between having the whole day in Epcot but foregoing our outside photographer/a character, or having the ceremony/reception outside of the park and the dessert party in Epcot. I know you have switched back and forth, so what were your reasons? Just curious!!

You'll have to keep my planning timeline for me!

Looking forward to reading more.
2006-POP 2007-SSR 2008-SSR/VWL and AKV 2009-SSR and AKV - CL 2010-AKV Flower+Garden Festival and Food/Wine Festival DFTW Planning Session 2011 - AKV DFTW, DCL Disneymoon Check out our Wishes TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2412269
2012 - Feb. AKL, May - AKL & DCL, Oct. BLT
erin.w is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2010, 06:29 PM   #48
Kimmers127
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherNJNC View Post
Congratulations on your engagement! We were getting married the day you got engaged so that date is VERY special to me! Can't wait to hear more about your planning!
I just wrote on your PJ/TR, but seriously, HOW COOL IS THAT?! You were even getting married in the same locations I'm hoping to use!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin.w View Post
Hello from a fellow CT'er planning on a 2011 wedding, although we are planning for April of 2011.

We are currently trying to decide between having the whole day in Epcot but foregoing our outside photographer/a character, or having the ceremony/reception outside of the park and the dessert party in Epcot. I know you have switched back and forth, so what were your reasons? Just curious!!

You'll have to keep my planning timeline for me!

Looking forward to reading more.
Hi to a fellow CT bride! Your wedding is right before mine, so we can follow along with each other, and once you fly out for yours I can take that as my cue to enter into Total Panicked Freakout Mode!

It's a tough call on locations with the no outside photographer rule. My first choice has always been Sea Breeze Point and Ariel's with a Dessert Party in Epcot (Italy). Nick has recently expressed an interest in having our ceremony in Epcot (Italy) and an outdoor reception in Italy as well (plus the Dessert Party). I agree that this would be beautiful, but.... I really want outside photography. I can deal with Disney pics for the Dessert Party, but the photography is HUGE on my priority list, and I just don't know that I'm comfortable rolling the dice on it, you know? It seems like when it comes to Disney photography, some people are thrilled and some are anything but... and it's not like it's a bargain price to justify the risk!

Completely unrelated to the photography, I like Sea Breeze Point for the scenic background of the boardwalk and the water. I like that although it's open-air, its covered to keep the sun off in case it's ridiculously hot (which it could be in May). The Yacht & Beach Club is our favorite hotel, so I like the sentimentality of having the reception there. I really like the interior of Ariel's... before we settled on a Disney wedding Nick wanted a subtle "beach" theme for our wedding, and if we used Ariel's we could work that back in. Ariel's is air conditioned, which could also be a blessing for a lunch reception in May. And we can get some great shots around the hotel and pool!

(At this point you are probably realizing that I am the queen of overthinking... I like to examine all angles! )

We are still discussing it but currently I am lobbying hard for Sea Breeze Point ceremony, reception at Ariel's and photography by David & Vicki Arndt.

Do you have a PJ yet? I'd love to follow along since we're so close!

Engaged in Animal Kingdom 9/19/09! Married in Walt Disney World 5/09/11!

Kimmers127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:21 PM   #49
Kimmers127
DIS Veteran

Locations chosen and photographer booked!

After doing some research, we have decided on our locations and have booked a photographer! I know we're still early, but the photgraphy is an important element of the wedding for me and I wanted to make sure we got that booked early to secure it.

We went with Vicki & David Arndt and I am so excited about that. I think they are wonderful photographers and I was shocked to discover that they are in my budget! I have emailed several times with Vicki and she just seems like the nicest person. She also seems super efficient and organized, and I know that will mean a lot to me both throughout this process and when our wedding day is finally here.

As for locations, we decided on Sea Breeze Point for the ceremony, an afternoon reception at Ariels, and a DP in Epcot, hopefully in Italy. In the end, it came down to a lot of factors. I really love both of the wedding locations and their proximity to the Yacht & Beach Club, which is our favorite hotel. I like that once our guests get to Sea Breeze Point, they can walk everywhere they need to go. I'm happy that we have an indoor reception because I would hate to be rained out and moved somewhere potentially awful. I'm also thinking in May it could be pretty hot and we might be glad for an air conditioned reception spot. And finally, I just really wanted David and Vicki to photograph the day!

I'm so excited - having some of these things finalized is making it all feel very real all of a sudden! It's crazy to think that in just a few months we will be sending out our save the dates!

Old 02-28-2010, 09:39 PM   #50
pink_tink8i8
DIS Veteran

congrats on getting a photographer and your sites!!!!! so exciting
! SBP is so beautiful!

pink_tink8i8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:39 PM   #51
SuzeQ
Mouseketeer

Congratulations on your engagement and all your plans.
I love your locations and your photographers!
I enjoyed reading your PJ. You've had your share of ups and downs just like a real fairy tale. I'm looking forward to reading more.

Suze
Old 03-02-2010, 09:59 PM   #52
Kimmers127
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_tink8i8 View Post
congrats on getting a photographer and your sites!!!!! so exciting
! SBP is so beautiful!
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQ View Post
Congratulations on your engagement and all your plans.
I love your locations and your photographers!
I enjoyed reading your PJ. You've had your share of ups and downs just like a real fairy tale. I'm looking forward to reading more.

Suze
Thanks for coming by to read! This comment made me go awwww, lol.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:23 AM   #53
*Pixiedust1438*
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmers127 View Post
After doing some research, we have decided on our locations and have booked a photographer! I know we're still early, but the photgraphy is an important element of the wedding for me and I wanted to make sure we got that booked early to secure it.

We went with Vicki & David Arndt and I am so excited about that. I think they are wonderful photographers and I was shocked to discover that they are in my budget! I have emailed several times with Vicki and she just seems like the nicest person. She also seems super efficient and organized, and I know that will mean a lot to me both throughout this process and when our wedding day is finally here.

As for locations, we decided on Sea Breeze Point for the ceremony, an afternoon reception at Ariels, and a DP in Epcot, hopefully in Italy. In the end, it came down to a lot of factors. I really love both of the wedding locations and their proximity to the Yacht & Beach Club, which is our favorite hotel. I like that once our guests get to Sea Breeze Point, they can walk everywhere they need to go. I'm happy that we have an indoor reception because I would hate to be rained out and moved somewhere potentially awful. I'm also thinking in May it could be pretty hot and we might be glad for an air conditioned reception spot. And finally, I just really wanted David and Vicki to photograph the day!

I'm so excited - having some of these things finalized is making it all feel very real all of a sudden! It's crazy to think that in just a few months we will be sending out our save the dates!
Yay for choosing your locations and photography! It all sounds wonderful! Can't wait to hear more! Are you doing a PS?
89'Polynesian 91'Caribbean Beach/Polynesian 95'Polynesian 99'BeachClub/Polynesian/Contemporary 00'Polynesian 02'Caribbean Beach 05'Contemporary 06'All Star Sports 08'All Star Movies 09'Disney Wonder 10'Pop Century 11'Grand Floridian/Wilderness Lodge & Wedding
13'All Star Movies
*Pixiedust1438* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 01:26 AM   #54
MsEsty
DIS Veteran

I just booked the Arndt's as well...looking forward to your pics, especially since we're both using the SBP
Old 03-21-2010, 01:10 PM   #55
WDWBride04/19/2010
Mouseketeer

Hey, I just saw your title. I'm having my reception at Ariel's on April 19th, and I thought they were closing for good like September of this yr. I saw you've talked to Disney, so maybe that's changed. I just wanted to give you the heads up in case whoever you talked to didn't know that and it hasn't. :\

April 2013 - Cape Cod for our 3yr. wedding
anniversary and babymoon
April 17th-22nd, 2012 - Ocean City, MD for our 2yr.
wedding anniversary
Dec. 24th-28th, 2011 - Attitash
April 2011 - The Whitehall Hotel in Chicago for our
1yr. wedding anniversary
April 2010 - Y.C. for our Wishes wedding&Disneymoon
Dec. 2009-Jan. 2010 - offsite
Dec. 2008-Jan. 2009 - offsite
1983-2008 - many others I need to add
WDWBride04/19/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:57 PM   #56
Kimmers127
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Pixiedust1438* View Post
Yay for choosing your locations and photography! It all sounds wonderful! Can't wait to hear more! Are you doing a PS?
Hi! I actually JUST booked my planning session for October 1st. Nick and I are both ridiculously excited. We originally didn't think we would have the money to go down to FL for a planning session, but now that we've booked one and are already counting down the days, it's becoming increasingly clear that we never would have made it all the way to the wedding without a Disney fix!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsEsty View Post
I just booked the Arndt's as well...looking forward to your pics, especially since we're both using the SBP
What is your date? I'm really, really excited about using David & Vicki. They are both just so genuine and easy to talk to. I can't wait to meet them in October when I go for my engagement pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWBride04/19/2010 View Post
Hey, I just saw your title. I'm having my reception at Ariel's on April 19th, and I thought they were closing for good like September of this yr. I saw you've talked to Disney, so maybe that's changed. I just wanted to give you the heads up in case whoever you talked to didn't know that and it hasn't. :\
Hi! Thanks for stopping by... I did speak to my coordinator and he confirmed that Disney recently communicated to the wedding department that Ariel's will be available at least through May of 2011. Apparently it keeps being scheduled for renovations but the start date keeps getting pushed back. Lucky for me because I was really disappointed when we pushed our date back as I assumed that meant giving up Ariel's. I will definitely be on the lookout for your pictures! You're so close now, you must be so unbelievably excited!

Old 03-29-2010, 08:26 PM   #57
*Pixiedust1438*
DIS Veteran

That's great you booked your PS! Can't wait to hear all the details of where you will be staying/eating, etc.!!!
89'Polynesian 91'Caribbean Beach/Polynesian 95'Polynesian 99'BeachClub/Polynesian/Contemporary 00'Polynesian 02'Caribbean Beach 05'Contemporary 06'All Star Sports 08'All Star Movies 09'Disney Wonder 10'Pop Century 11'Grand Floridian/Wilderness Lodge & Wedding
13'All Star Movies
*Pixiedust1438* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:55 AM   #58
SuzeQ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmers127 View Post
Hi! I actually JUST booked my planning session for October 1st. Nick and I are both ridiculously excited. We originally didn't think we would have the money to go down to FL for a planning session, but now that we've booked one and are already counting down the days, it's becoming increasingly clear that we never would have made it all the way to the wedding without a Disney fix!!

What is your date? I'm really, really excited about using David & Vicki. They are both just so genuine and easy to talk to. I can't wait to meet them in October when I go for my engagement pictures!

Hi! Thanks for stopping by... I did speak to my coordinator and he confirmed that Disney recently communicated to the wedding department that Ariel's will be available at least through May of 2011. Apparently it keeps being scheduled for renovations but the start date keeps getting pushed back. Lucky for me because I was really disappointed when we pushed our date back as I assumed that meant giving up Ariel's. I will definitely be on the lookout for your pictures! You're so close now, you must be so unbelievably excited!
Hi!
How are you doing? I don't know how I missed your last few posts. I was wondering if they told how long Ariel's would be closed for renovations?

Suze
Old 04-08-2010, 05:40 AM   #59
Sapphire_Ag
Disney Princess

We are looking to book our wedding for May 7, 2011. How did you already book your planning session? We were told we couldn't book our date until a year out. Our coordinator told us it's on the books, but we can't officially book until May 7th of this year. How did you book yours already?
Old 05-08-2010, 09:54 AM   #60
Kimmers127
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire_Ag View Post
We are looking to book our wedding for May 7, 2011. How did you already book your planning session? We were told we couldn't book our date until a year out. Our coordinator told us it's on the books, but we can't officially book until May 7th of this year. How did you book yours already?
Hi! I'm sorry, I just saw this. Honestly I have no idea, it didn't seem to be a problem when we set ours up. I hope you got this straightened out and ended up with a PS when you wanted! (Just to clarify - only my PS is arranged... I have not put a deposit down for the wedding yet - but I will have, by the time we go for our PS.)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: