Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2010, 01:40 PM   #31
Kimmers127
DIS Veteran

Kim & Nick, Wedding date selected! 5/09/11

Well, unfortunately I have just heard back from school and I did not get in.

I'm disappointed, but oh well... I will apply again next year and this time I will branch out and apply to other schools as well. In the meantime, being able to focus on tutoring for this next year will certainly help us put money aside for the wedding, so that's a good thing!

Looks like we can now choose whatever date we want for the wedding!!

(I just love how IMMEDIATELY after I post about school, I find out that I did not get in - how awkward lol.)

As of this moment we are considering our wedding date to be 5/09/11. We'll see if we are able to get it! I'm curious what past May brides have thought of the weather? I have been to Disney occasionally in March, July, and August, and many times in September, January and February, but never in May. DF LOVES going to the Disney water parks so we want to make sure we choose a time period that is likely to be hot... that being said we are considering an outside lunch reception in Italy so July/August are out!!

The colors we are thinking of using (likely some combination of blue/yellow/bright pink) are very bright and summery so I think May is a good fit as far as that goes.

I would also like a Monday ceremony so that friends/family who want to minimize time off from work can do so... we will plan to spend Saturday and Sunday to spend at the parks with friends and family who fly down early.

Engaged in Animal Kingdom 9/19/09! Married in Walt Disney World 5/09/11!

Kimmers127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:47 PM   #32
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmers127 View Post
Well, unfortunately I have just heard back from school and I did not get in.

I'm disappointed, but oh well... I will apply again next year and this time I will branch out and apply to other schools as well. In the meantime, being able to focus on tutoring for this next year will certainly help us put money aside for the wedding, so that's a good thing!

Looks like we can now choose whatever date we want for the wedding!!

(I just love how IMMEDIATELY after I post about school, I find out that I did not get in - how awkward lol.)

As of this moment we are considering our wedding date to be 5/09/11. We'll see if we are able to get it! I'm curious what past May brides have thought of the weather? I have been to Disney occasionally in March, July, and August, and many times in September, January and February, but never in May. DF LOVES going to the Disney water parks so we want to make sure we choose a time period that is likely to be hot... that being said we are considering an outside lunch reception in Italy so July/August are out!!

The colors we are thinking of using (likely some combination of blue/yellow/bright pink) are very bright and summery so I think May is a good fit as far as that goes.

I would also like a Monday ceremony so that friends/family who want to minimize time off from work can do so... we will plan to spend Saturday and Sunday to spend at the parks with friends and family who fly down early.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about school! But I love the positive attitude you have!

I haven't been in May but I've heard it's a great time to go! Great weather and if you time it right...no crowds! We went the first week of June last year and it was wonderful!!
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2010, 02:45 PM   #33
Pirate's Princess
Sam <-- Science Geek. DNA helicase....so I can unzip your genes.

Welcome back Kim! Sorry to read about the job loss, and school, but it's excellent that you're staying positive. And hooray for the Disney wedding being back on!! Your colors seem very fitting for May. I've never been but I can't imagine it being too hot (fingers crossed). I can't wait to read more.

And congrats on the "official" engagement!
Old 02-14-2010, 06:12 PM   #34
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

I've been right at the end of April and the weather was beautiful, we did a water park but it wasn't so hot you couldn't sit outside for lunch. And the evenings cool off beautifully as well making it easier to sleep!

Last edited by TinkLoverSam; 02-20-2010 at 05:24 PM.
TinkLoverSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:24 PM   #35
Kimmers127
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStMandy View Post
Oh I'm so sorry to hear about school! But I love the positive attitude you have!

I haven't been in May but I've heard it's a great time to go! Great weather and if you time it right...no crowds! We went the first week of June last year and it was wonderful!!
Thank you! I really believe that everything happens for a reason - it will all work out for the best.

Hopefully 5/09/11 is considered good timing... DF is NOT good with huge crowds/lines!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate's Princess View Post
Welcome back Kim! Sorry to read about the job loss, and school, but it's excellent that you're staying positive. And hooray for the Disney wedding being back on!! Your colors seem very fitting for May. I've never been but I can't imagine it being too hot (fingers crossed). I can't wait to read more.

And congrats on the "official" engagement!
Thank you!! The engagement was wonderful and we are both so psyched to be back into the Disney planning!

Honestly the job loss was a blessing in disguise. I was miserable there and now I've been able to really think about what I want to do, you know? Right now I'm working as an SAT tutor and I'm really happy about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkLoverSam View Post
I've been right at the end of Arpil and the weather was beautiful, we did a water park but it wasn't so hot you couldn't sit outside for lunch. And the evenings cool off beautifully as well making it easier to sleep!
Excellent! I love the hot weather - one of our favorite things to do is to hit the water parks - but I think May will be hot enough for that to be enjoyable, without the oppressive humidity of July or August. That's what I'm hoping anyway!!

Old 02-18-2010, 01:25 PM   #36
Kimmers127
DIS Veteran

This is pretty random but does anyone know how to change the title of my PJ? It's bugging me that it still has my old date!

Old 02-18-2010, 02:19 PM   #37
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Go baco the first post. You should have an edit button. Once that pops up, click the Advanced option and you should be able to change the title.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:34 PM   #38
Kimmers127
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Go baco the first post. You should have an edit button. Once that pops up, click the Advanced option and you should be able to change the title.
Oh my gosh, THANK YOU!!! That has been bugging me so much, you have no idea!

I just realized your wedding is thisclose now! You must be so excited - I would probably be packing already! I really hope it turns out perfectly for you... I know you have put a ton of planning in. I'm thinking warm thoughts for you! I can't wait to see the pictures after the wedding!

Congratulations on the house as well... we are so anxious to buy a house (we own two condos right now) but we have decided to wait until the wedding is finished and paid for. We want to relocate to the Orlando area so we're thinking for a major move like that we'll want to have some cash saved up! I also need to get school sorted out. I think realistically we will move in two years... which seems far away but by the time the wedding gets here it really won't be!

Old 02-18-2010, 02:40 PM   #39
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmers127 View Post
Oh my gosh, THANK YOU!!! That has been bugging me so much, you have no idea!

I just realized your wedding is thisclose now! You must be so excited - I would probably be packing already! I really hope it turns out perfectly for you... I know you have put a ton of planning in. I'm thinking warm thoughts for you! I can't wait to see the pictures after the wedding!

Congratulations on the house as well... we are so anxious to buy a house (we own two condos right now) but we have decided to wait until the wedding is finished and paid for. We want to relocate to the Orlando area so we're thinking for a major move like that we'll want to have some cash saved up! I also need to get school sorted out. I think realistically we will move in two years... which seems far away but by the time the wedding gets here it really won't be!
You are welcome!! It drove me crazy at first too!!

We are getting close...and I haven't packed yet!!! This weekend though, I swear! Thanks on the house too!!

I am a tiny bit jealous that you plan to move to Orlando! I miss it there and would love to move back!! Good luck with everything!
Old 02-18-2010, 03:34 PM   #40
pink_tink8i8
DIS Veteran

sorry to hear about school

pink_tink8i8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:22 PM   #41
Kimmers127
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_tink8i8 View Post
sorry to hear about school
Thank you! I appreciate that.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:39 PM   #42
Kimmers127
DIS Veteran

Save the Dates

Well, obviously our date won't be confirmed by Disney for a while, but I would really like to send out Save the Dates soon anyway, to give our guests as much time as possible to plan and save. If we don't get the date we are hoping for, it will still be close to it.

I've been giving the Save the Dates a lot of thought, and originally I really wanted to somehow use the photo of our engagement (Nick proposed to me on my favorite ride in Disney, so there's a ride photo of the event) but then I came across these and fell in love:

ZipADeeEm pointed me here for the how - to of it:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1868496&page=5

so now I am on a mission to make these happen! They're just way, waaaay too cool to pass up, and I know our guests will get a kick out of them!

If I do decide I still want to put some of the pics of our engagement to use, I can always add a magnet to the back of the room key, and place that on a larger photo collage or something. And if not then I will work out a way to display the engagement pics at our reception, because I LOVE that he proposed to me in Disney AND knew me well enough to know that I'd want a picture to capture the moment!

So! Now my dilemma is... how in the heck do I get a bunch of blank room keys??? Unfortunately we JUST went to Disney last month (before I thought of this - figures!) so I really don't think we will be back before the wedding.

This is probably a lot to ask but... if anyone is local or planning a trip to WDW soon and would consider picking up a bunch of these for me, I would be forever grateful!! If not I will plan to call a bunch of the resorts and start begging, but I've heard that while Disney will pass these out in person, they won't mail them.

If anyone is willing please let me know and I will get a final count as to how many I need! You will put a huge smile on my face!

Old 02-19-2010, 09:52 AM   #43
*Pixiedust1438*
DIS Veteran

Hi Kim! I just read through your PJ. That's great you decided on a Disney Wedding. It is going to be a lot for us to afford as well, but honestly I would not be happy doing it anywhere else, and there are ways to keep costs reasonable. I am so sorry to hear about your school, that sounds like a great program. I am an Early Childhood/Childhood Education major, but am still in undergrad school. I will graduate next May with my Bachelor's. I am sorry to hear you lost your job, but I'm sure you will love teaching!

I posted on your thread about the invites, but I will add it here as well. I am going down in December and would be happy to pick them up for you, but that might be too late??? We are also getting married in May 2011 and I'm sending our STD out as soon as our date is confirmed. If it's not too late let me know.
89'Polynesian 91'Caribbean Beach/Polynesian 95'Polynesian 99'BeachClub/Polynesian/Contemporary 00'Polynesian 02'Caribbean Beach 05'Contemporary 06'All Star Sports 08'All Star Movies 09'Disney Wonder 10'Pop Century 11'Grand Floridian/Wilderness Lodge & Wedding
13'All Star Movies
*Pixiedust1438* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:18 AM   #44
Kimmers127
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Pixiedust1438* View Post
Hi Kim! I just read through your PJ. That's great you decided on a Disney Wedding. It is going to be a lot for us to afford as well, but honestly I would not be happy doing it anywhere else, and there are ways to keep costs reasonable. I am so sorry to hear about your school, that sounds like a great program. I am an Early Childhood/Childhood Education major, but am still in undergrad school. I will graduate next May with my Bachelor's. I am sorry to hear you lost your job, but I'm sure you will love teaching!

I posted on your thread about the invites, but I will add it here as well. I am going down in December and would be happy to pick them up for you, but that might be too late??? We are also getting married in May 2011 and I'm sending our STD out as soon as our date is confirmed. If it's not too late let me know.
Thank you so much for offering to help but you're right, I'm planning to send them out fairly soon, just so everyone has plenty of notice. I think we will send them out at the year mark at the latest - because really, even if we don't get the exact date we want, I'm sure we'll be close to it.

I am disappointed about school, but I'm confident that it will all work out for the best. I lost my job pretty unexpectedly so I didn't have much time to research different schools... now I do, and maybe I'll find one that's a better fit for me anyway.

I know what you mean about the Disney wedding. I would rather stick to a tight budget in order to save up and have the wedding we really want than to try to be happy with something we don't really want. It'll be a stretch but it's a once in a lifetime event, you know? And like you said, there are ways to stay on budget. We have plenty of time to plan!!

Old 02-20-2010, 12:44 PM   #45
Kimmers127
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You are welcome!! It drove me crazy at first too!!

We are getting close...and I haven't packed yet!!! This weekend though, I swear! Thanks on the house too!!

I am a tiny bit jealous that you plan to move to Orlando! I miss it there and would love to move back!! Good luck with everything!
I'm glad to hear someone who actually lived there say that they love it... we have a lot of reasons for wanting to go (it's not JUST about Disney lol) but really, Disney/Universal are the only areas we are familiar with. But we have wanted to move to FL for a while (good-bye cold weather!!!) so we just figured, as long as we're doing that why not be close to Disney? I also figured being in/just outside of Orlando will mean we're super close to tons of other fun stuff to do too. AND you seriously cannot beat the property prices! Here in CT prices are sky high, it's crazy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: