Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2009, 01:41 PM   #751
NEVERENOUGHWDW
Still Missing 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Dance like nobody is watching!
If there was an Olympic event I'm sure I would leave with the "gold" poop medal

Location: Doesn't matter, my mind & body are usually in 2 different places...

Hey All!

Becky & Nancy "So you Think You Can Dance" will be tapping while I'm at the Bruce concert. One of my favorite shows! Anything choreographed by Mia Michaels I think is amazing.

Gretchen, I am opened to any plans...I am happily go solo to F&W & so excited about this trip!!!!!!!! See's chocolates are delicious but I haven't met many chocolates I don't like. Sorry about the PIMS.....I hope they get a better review from our NOLA girls in october

Steph, I was thinking of you last night...so exciting!!!!! He seems like such a genuine Sweetheart!!

Bethany please keep on resting
**I could meet Nancy & Marisa in Westchester & then we could drive into NYC together. Lauren could come with me or meet us in Manhattan.

Is anyone getting books together for summer vacation? I have a ton of books I've read & usually send to Lu in Florida but when she reads with this pregnancy she vomits...poor thing~
I'd be happy to send you a list & drop what you want in snail mail.

I'm sure I'll be checking in later...Greg will be tired & go right to bed & I will still be jazzed up from BRUCE!!!!!! Menopause, insomnia & a concert, I'll be up until the wee hours.

What people think of you is none of your business.

Last edited by NEVERENOUGHWDW; 05-21-2009 at 01:44 PM. Reason: added book info.
NEVERENOUGHWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:14 PM   #752
OKWMom
DIS Veteran

Maria, I love to read and I'm not picky. I'd love whatever you to choose to send. Because I've been so busy I haven't read a book since November so I can pretty much guarantee I haven't read anything on your list. But now that I'm sitting in the waiting room while Dad gets his 4 hour treatments, I have more time to read.

I'll send you a check for the postage and ship them back when I'm done. What a sweet offer.
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2009, 02:35 PM   #753
shovan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVERENOUGHWDW View Post
Hey All!

Becky & Nancy "So you Think You Can Dance" will be tapping while I'm at the Bruce concert. One of my favorite shows! Anything choreographed by Mia Michaels I think is amazing.

Gretchen, I am opened to any plans...I am happily go solo to F&W & so excited about this trip!!!!!!!! See's chocolates are delicious but I haven't met many chocolates I don't like. Sorry about the PIMS.....I hope they get a better review from our NOLA girls in october

Steph, I was thinking of you last night...so exciting!!!!! He seems like such a genuine Sweetheart!!

**I could meet Nancy & Marisa in Westchester & then we could drive into NYC together. Lauren could come with me or meet us in Manhattan.

Is anyone getting books together for summer vacation? I have a ton of books I've read & usually send to Lu in Florida but when she reads with this pregnancy she vomits...poor thing~
I'd be happy to send you a list & drop what you want in snail mail.

I'm sure I'll be checking in later...Greg will be tired & go right to bed & I will still be jazzed up from BRUCE!!!!!! Menopause, insomnia & a concert, I'll be up until the wee hours.
Maria, Have fun with Bruce!

I'd also be interested in any books. I bought several & was planning on holding them until the surgery, but I got bored!

shovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:42 PM   #754
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Quote:
I won't be making ADR's until July but for any F&W folks that may be interested in getting together for dinner I know where we'll be dining at just not set on the dates yet, maybe we can work something out.......JIKO, Citricos, Flying Fish & California Grille. I know for sure Sat Oct 17 will be Flying Fish because we're attending a DIS meet that night at the Beach Club....I'm starting to get really excited!
Old 05-21-2009, 02:51 PM   #755
TigerKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ4Disney View Post
Yesterday I went to the zoo with our Preschool here at the Church. OMGosh we had a BALL. There were 16 3&4 year olds and 5 adults. Elizabeth and I were both able to go. It was so much fun watching Ethan (my GS) in awe of all we saw. He loves animals and knows everything about each and every one. We left at 7 am and got home last night at 8 pm. I was dead tired but oh I did have fun.

Thanks for all of your wishes for my little family. Jay is in Georgia at Fort Stewart. He will be ther they say till around July 4th. Then he will head to Iraq. So right now all is good. They are able to talk each day and Ethan and Jay say prayers together every night before bed. This will change once he goes over. But for right now it is as good as it can be. I will keep you posted.
Sounds like a fun time at the zoo. Don't you just love to see the world through their young eyes?

Continued good thoughts and prayers for Jay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovan View Post

I gave in & let the child get in the pool while the sun was shining. She lasted all of about 25 minutes, but while in she claimed it was " Aaaah, this is great! This is the life!" Gosh she sure keeps me laughing!

Bob called another agency. This person was honest & said that the troubles we were having "Was the nature of the beast", meaning the type of people they have to draw from. She also said that she would also have trouble finding a steady person for a short shift evening work. She said she couldn't offer much hope that she would get anything better. Her suggestion was if the aide we have now totally bails that she could get us some help, but it would be scattered & probably a different person everytime. She said for the surgery & daily assistance she could take care of that. So we are just going to wait again tonight to see if she comes or not. Thank God this has happened before my surgery.
She's so funny!

I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this stuff but from what I've heard it pretty much is what they said, the nature of the beast.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:06 PM   #756
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Just a quick hi ...so noone worries about me not checking in today.

I have not been feeling great lately. The baby is riding high and making me really uncomfortable. I find myself getting winded and out of breathe at the simplest tasks. My DM said she has notice it a couple of weeks ago , but I just started to complain about it so she mentioned it. So things are fine but I am having trouble finding a comfortable position to be in.

WFD- Naan pizzas done on the grill. We may have a salad too.

Disney Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:17 PM   #757
NEVERENOUGHWDW
Still Missing 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Dance like nobody is watching!
If there was an Olympic event I'm sure I would leave with the "gold" poop medal

Location: Doesn't matter, my mind & body are usually in 2 different places...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
I won't be making ADR's until July but for any F&W folks that may be interested in getting together for dinner I know where we'll be dining at just not set on the dates yet, maybe we can work something out.......JIKO, Citricos, Flying Fish & California Grille. I know for sure Sat Oct 17 will be Flying Fish because we're attending a DIS meet that night at the Beach Club....I'm starting to get really excited!
Please include me if you make decisions tonight

Sheryl & & Gretchen, I have 2 boxes & I will split them up & mail them....then you guys could exchange them.

What people think of you is none of your business.
NEVERENOUGHWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:29 PM   #758
bigmerle1966
Photobucket
OH MY STARS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Where'sPiglet? View Post
I am drinking a lot. Primarily water but also tea. Maybe Gatorade would be good too; I was unable to eat hardly anything between lunch yesterday and coming home today. I was too tired to sit up to eat.
Try eating some toast with honey, that is always my favorite and easy thing to make and eat when I am sick.

Not sure what is for dinner tonight. Trying to get caught up here at work and finish packing at home and really don't feel like cooking or dealing with dirty dishes. I will probably just stop for something on the way home, that is if I ever leave!

Yesterday I stayed to get all of the confirmations done. To save wear and tear on my printer I sent eveything I was printing to the copier. I finished and went to get them and only three of the 110 I had printed came out, the rest printed in what appears to be Russian!

Thankfully I am almost packed, just have a few little things left and they are sitting on top of the suitcase.
POR/AKL 12/02 POR(overnight stay)11/04 POR 6/21-6/29/05 POP 12/10-12/18/05 OKW 6/16-6/22/06 BWI 12/06 POP 9/7-9/10/06 OKW- Girls week May 07 POLY 7/5 to 7/9/07 POP 9/1 to 9/9/07 POP 11/1-11/6/07 POP 12/19 to 12/26/08 For Noah For delswife. LYMI
........... Oh Chachi!..... Bird Flu Hits Trailer Park- News at 11 Duchess Ohmystars of Rearkickerstown
bigmerle1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:29 PM   #759
TigerKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ron View Post
I have not been feeling great lately. The baby is riding high and making me really uncomfortable. I find myself getting winded and out of breathe at the simplest tasks. My DM said she has notice it a couple of weeks ago , but I just started to complain about it so she mentioned it. So things are fine but I am having trouble finding a comfortable position to be in.

Quote:
Please include me if you make decisions tonight
Of course, but I don't think anything will happen tonight. SYTYCD is my only priority tonight.......
Old 05-21-2009, 03:57 PM   #760
liamandcaili
DIS Veteran

Maria -- Have fun at the concert!

Sheryl -- I hope the aide shows up. Alexis is SO funny.

Ann -- I remember feeling like you do. You're almost there.

Ellen -- For Greg's first deployment, I set up email accounts for each of the kids so he could send them their own messages. It didn't really work out that time because he didn't have email access regularly, but I know things are much better now. Maybe Jay can send Ethan pictures.

I bought flounder for dinner, so I am pan frying it and making fish tacos. Hopefully, my avocado ripened up some sitting in the hot sun all afternoon.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:53 PM   #761
shovan
DIS Veteran

I'm so mad! The pork chops I bought day before yesterday were bad! The package had a sell by date of 5/23. I didn't freeze them, but my garage fridge was so cold they were partially frozen when I took them out. I'm going bring them back & I DON'T want anymore meat from there!

Dinner is now going to be brats & sauerkraut.

Kat, You sure know how to pick restaurants! I want to go to all of those!

shovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:06 PM   #762
Aimeedyan
Why get all excited about something as silly as a fake celebrity? Or getting a tag?
Jello is not meant to be chunky

Quote:
Bob called another agency. This person was honest & said that the troubles we were having "Was the nature of the beast", meaning the type of people they have to draw from. She also said that she would also have trouble finding a steady person for a short shift evening work. She said she couldn't offer much hope that she would get anything better. Her suggestion was if the aide we have now totally bails that she could get us some help, but it would be scattered & probably a different person everytime. She said for the surgery & daily assistance she could take care of that. So we are just going to wait again tonight to see if she comes or not. Thank God this has happened before my surgery.
What a nightmare.

I was out of town most of the day at a meeting so I skipped going to the office. That was nice!

Tonight we were going to have gouda and spinach stuffed chicken but we decided to go out instead with our B1G1 free coupons. Either mexican or BBQ.

Well, I couldn't say anything prior but part of my stress/life/work has been busy preparing for a new pastor. His name will be released on Sunday and he'll be preaching/have the vote on May 30. I have met with him already and am pleased with their choice. So, the next two weeks are NUTS but it's nice that the church finally knows so I don't have to keep lying
1982 & 1990 ~ trips as a child ~1997 ~ Caribbean Beach ~ 2002 ~ Vacation Home ~ 2003 ~ Stayed with Family ~ 2004 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~2006 ~ Pop Century & Disney's Vero Beach ~ 2007 ~ Wilderness Lodge & Yacht Club ~ 2008 ~ Carnival Cruise & All Star Music ~ 2009 ~ All Star Sports & Downtown Hotel ~ 2009 ~ All Star Music, Comfort Inn & Boardwalk Villas
Aimeedyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:19 PM   #763
Where'sPiglet?
I'm going to try something different this month
Do I LOOK like I know what I'm doing

Quote:
And what are we going to do in Manhattan? I'm assuming eat something....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ron View Post
I was wondering about you...

Quote:
Of course, but I don't think anything will happen tonight. SYTYCD is my only priority tonight.......
I did not realize you were such a reality TV junkie!

Quote:
I'm so mad! The pork chops I bought day before yesterday were bad! The package had a sell by date of 5/23. I didn't freeze them, but my garage fridge was so cold they were partially frozen when I took them out. I'm going bring them back & I DON'T want anymore meat from there!
That is obnoxious. Where did you get them from? I must know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimeedyan View Post
Well, I couldn't say anything prior but part of my stress/life/work has been busy preparing for a new pastor. His name will be released on Sunday and he'll be preaching/have the vote on May 30. I have met with him already and am pleased with their choice. So, the next two weeks are NUTS but it's nice that the church finally knows so I don't have to keep lying
I was wondering what was going on since you shared that cryptic message a bit ago. That sounds like a busy time! So then it should relax a bit for you once this transition is complete?

I took a 3 hour nap this afternoon, despite the sirens, train, train horn, beeping carbon monoxide alarm (it needs a new battery that I have to go buy), them bringing in construction materials, the neighbor's blaring music, and the construction noises that accompany an apartment being gutted to the studs. Geez I hope I can sleep when I move to the suburbs!

1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013 ~*~ Disneyland

2010 Princess Half Marathon Trip Report
Where'sPiglet? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:49 PM   #764
TigerKat

Quote:
Kat, You sure know how to pick restaurants! I want to go to all of those!
After the F&W event schedule comes out we can see if we can manage some, heck, y'all are welcome to come to all of them with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimeedyan View Post
Hope the transition goes smoothly and the new pastor is a good fit.

Bethany - Are you feeling well enough to go back to work tomorrow?
Old 05-21-2009, 06:35 PM   #765
Where'sPiglet?
I'm going to try something different this month
Do I LOOK like I know what I'm doing

Quote:
Bethany - Are you feeling well enough to go back to work tomorrow?
I'm feeling better than I was on Monday and Tuesday...and really I'm only going to have to deal with the kids for an hour, then I have a prep, then deal with them for another hour. The rest of the day is sitting and listening to somebody drone on about lesson planning for next year.

I wish I could go to the F&W Fest with everybody from this thread! I don't know when I'm going to be able to go back to WDW. If I wasn't moving, I would probably have gone in late August but I will be working then!

1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013 ~*~ Disneyland

2010 Princess Half Marathon Trip Report
Where'sPiglet? is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: