Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2009, 01:28 PM   #31
Where'sPiglet?
I'm going to try something different this month
Do I LOOK like I know what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue26 View Post
Sheryl- Don't worry if you miss anything, it took me a minute to figure out how in the world having 2 windows open would help you. I thought maybe you needed some fresh air. Can you tell I'm not very computer literate?
Ha...I thought that too at first, and I am pretty computer literate, so stop beating yourself up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovan View Post
I got it wrong, the game is tonight. I hope the weather holds out for them.
They SHOULD be okay. *crosses fingers* If it's a light rain, they'll probably just play through it and that's what most of the rain in this system has been.

1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013 ~*~ Disneyland

2010 Princess Half Marathon Trip Report
Where'sPiglet? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:52 PM   #32
bigmerle1966
Photobucket
OH MY STARS!

Alright, I tried to catch up but you all talk to daggone much!

Was a good weekend at my sisters, although I spent a good bit of time helping her clean up for her church group. Can I just say I have to laziest 5 yo DN! Had to bribe, threaten, cajole and outsmart her, I'm exhausted. The 8yo did what she was asked for the most part but did whine a whole lot. Ended up having to pay them to help clean up their messes.

I have to say the 5yo is too funny. I started telling my sister about going to the Disney store on Earth Day and she pipes up and says, "Earth Day, that was on the 22nd"

The next day we are watching FoodTv and someone was slicing cucumbers and she said "I like cucumbers, I even had them on a sandwhich with some cream stuff. I haven't had them in a while though, I had them for Mommy Daughter Tea. That was on the furtyith, that was fursday"

Dinner tonight will be some kind of chicken, roasted butternut squash and some sort of starch.
POR/AKL 12/02 POR(overnight stay)11/04 POR 6/21-6/29/05 POP 12/10-12/18/05 OKW 6/16-6/22/06 BWI 12/06 POP 9/7-9/10/06 OKW- Girls week May 07 POLY 7/5 to 7/9/07 POP 9/1 to 9/9/07 POP 11/1-11/6/07 POP 12/19 to 12/26/08 For Noah For delswife. LYMI
........... Oh Chachi!..... Bird Flu Hits Trailer Park- News at 11 Duchess Ohmystars of Rearkickerstown
bigmerle1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2009, 02:02 PM   #33
EJ4Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
I knew this was coming.... We had refried beans yesterday and without giving TMI, I'm not sure I could be in the same house with my guys after two beany meals.
I was waiting for it also.

Quote:
Hey Y'all, Checking in & following Sgt Kat's orders! Kat thanks for much for taking care of the thread & for everything else you do for us! I'm still reading back over the 11 pages I'm missed over the weekend. I'll be back in a bit.

I am right there with you. It has taken me 2 hours to read back from the weekend. I will try to not let that happen again.

I came in fast this morning and posted and hadn't even read back and I posted after you told us not to Kathy. Sorry.

I took notes so I will try to catch everything I wanted to. Here goes:

Laura ~ That is great news about Greg. Jay (our SIL) just got home frm 2 1/2 weeks in California with major training in combat. He will be home till the 12th and then goes to Ft. Stewart in GA and will deploy to Iraq from there. There is a big military sendoff here in our town on Tuesday then a large one in Kearney and we will say our good byes from there. He is to be gone at least a year. My heart is just breaking this week. Much love to these young Men and Women.

Bethany ~ hang in there sweetie it won't be much longer. I will be glad to see you out of the school and your Apt.

Kathy ~ I was with you on Dunkart. Doug and I were able to place a bet on the Derby on Saturday and I boxed him along with #15 & #16. Too bad about I Want Revenge. The odds were sure with him. About Kyle - no apology neeed. You can tell us when YOU want to. I had a friend today with a sweatshirt that said, "Lord make my words today sweet as honey, because tomorrow I might have to eat them." That is so me.

Janice ~ I want details about the date. How'd it go?

Becky ~ A new frig has to be the best. I have never gotten a new stove or Frig. Always a hand me down. I was just about to bite the bullet when my Momma passed away so I got hers. They were brand new, so I won't be getting anything new for awhile.

Lauren ~ I LOVED the pictures. I can't for the life of me figure out how to post pictures so I am impressed. My favorite was the one of Tom in the basket and your Mom with the egg in her mouth. Too cute!!

Vicki ~ Good job to your lad on the report card. I just don't see a thing wrong for being chatty! I will keep you in my prayers on May 26th.

Sheryl ~ How is Angelina feeling? I hope the vacation isn't to much for her. When does she start here new job?

Ann ~ thanks for the welcome - I feel right at home here. You are all the best part of my day. Keeping caught up is a real trick though. I just have to say - I love the name you have picked for Emma. That was my blessed Grandma's name. She was such a neat woman. Sorry, I just had to share.
I hope you all are feeling better.

Glynis ~ good job Jacob. Way to go!!

Gretchen ~ I am so excited about your trip coming up. Have a great time. Continued prayers for your Daddy.

Robin ~ Aren't parents the best!!! We try to spoil our kids too. Life is just to short not to. You certainly can't take it with you. I will be broke my whole life, but we WILL be happy.

Marisa ~ congrats on the new house. You must be thrilled. And the weight loss. You go girl !!

Nancy ~ I am glad you are getting some Kady time. This Nanny (grandma) totally understands.

Merle ~ those little ones keep you on your toes huh? Welcome back - glad you had a good weekend.

Okay that is all I can remember. I am sorry if I missed someone. I will get 'ch on the flip side.

I will try to be back later.

If you all missed it - because I posted when I wasn't suppose to (where is that hanging my head smiley) - WFDT is going to be a subway sandwich. I am on my own tonight as Doug is playing Golf.

Ellen

Last edited by EJ4Disney; 05-04-2009 at 02:16 PM. Reason: see I already forgot something
EJ4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:18 PM   #34
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ4Disney View Post

I came in fast this morning and posted and hadn't even read back and I posted after you told us not to Kathy. Sorry.

because I posted when I wasn't suppose to (where is that hanging my head smiley)
You have been a very bad girl.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:52 PM   #35
shovan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue26 View Post
Sheryl- Don't worry if you miss anything, it took me a minute to figure out how in the world having 2 windows open would help you. I thought maybe you needed some fresh air. Can you tell I'm not very computer literate?
At least your's was just a computer thingy, mine problem is just very slow thought processes... see below!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormrCastMbr View Post
sheryl...be back later...
I could not figure out why Lauren was telling just me that she'd be back later.

[QUOTE=Where'sPiglet?;31659653]I know that base! That is cool you got to see the planes.

I hope the weather improves some for her. It rained all day yesterday and this morning, but at least right now the sun is shining through the clouds and it's not raining. I love Stomp. I have a DVD of them and I went to their once.

I KNOW I will feel better when I get out of this apartment and this job. The rain is not helping the mold any; at least one of my windowsills was absorbing water yesterday - it was wet to the touch inside and the window was closed. That ceiling they fixed at work also was moldy; I could smell it after they scraped it off - and LEFT THE DUST AND PAINT CHIPS EVERYWHERE.
Be Back Later...[/QUOTE]

And I didn't figure it out until Bethany said it too! :rotfl2:

Bethany, That school is filled with a bunch of coo-yons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Where'sPiglet? View Post
Ha...I thought that too at first, and I am pretty computer literate, so stop beating yourself up!

They SHOULD be okay. *crosses fingers* If it's a light rain, they'll probably just play through it and that's what most of the rain in this system has been.
If I opened the windows here today, I'd just let in a bunch of damp damp heat!

I hope you are right and the game isn't a total wash out! They were both so excited about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmerle1966 View Post
Alright, I tried to catch up but you all talk to daggone much!

Was a good weekend at my sisters, although I spent a good bit of time helping her clean up for her church group. Can I just say I have to laziest 5 yo DN! Had to bribe, threaten, cajole and outsmart her, I'm exhausted. The 8yo did what she was asked for the most part but did whine a whole lot. Ended up having to pay them to help clean up their messes.

I have to say the 5yo is too funny. I started telling my sister about going to the Disney store on Earth Day and she pipes up and says, "Earth Day, that was on the 22nd"

The next day we are watching FoodTv and someone was slicing cucumbers and she said "I like cucumbers, I even had them on a sandwhich with some cream stuff. I haven't had them in a while though, I had them for Mommy Daughter Tea. That was on the furtyith, that was fursday"

Dinner tonight will be some kind of chicken, roasted butternut squash and some sort of starch.
Yes I do talk too much!

I'm glad you had a fun weekend, even though you were cleaning! Your niece's sound a lot like Alexis. I tell her to pick up & she whines about it. But then she'll offer to dust or mop and ask how much am I going to pay her for it! She wanted $10 just for dusting one day! She also still mispronouces just a few words like " Nana bemember yesterday when..." I know I should be correcting her but it's too cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ4Disney View Post
I am right there with you. It has taken me 2 hours to read back from the weekend. I will try to not let that happen again.
Sheryl ~ How is Angelina feeling? I hope the vacation isn't to much for her. When does she start here new job?

Okay that is all I can remember. I am sorry if I missed someone. I will get 'ch on the flip side.

I will try to be back later.

If you all missed it - because I posted when I wasn't suppose to (where is that hanging my head smiley) - WFDT is going to be a subway sandwich. I am on my own tonight as Doug is playing Golf.
Ellen, I know it took me hours this morning & then I couldn't remember it all.
Thanks for asking about Angelina, she didn't mention her back hurting. So I think she's doing okay with the walking. She said they were in a convenient location a couple of blocks off Times Square.

She didn't accept the offer, the pay was much lower than she expected. She had another meeting & discussed with the gen. manager & was hoping to hear back from them before she left, but didn't. I'm worried about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
You have been a very bad girl.

shovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:07 PM   #36
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Okay girls, we are heading over to my parents for dinner. They miss their little guy and actually he has been good all day. We are just about to leave, update you all later on what DM prepared.

Last week, I never posted one night she made me roast leg of lamb, carrots, broccoli, cresent rolls and red bliss mashed with homemade gravy....It was heavenly!!!

Sherly, sorry to hear Angelina did not get the offer she was hoping for. Continued prayers on her job search.

Disney Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:58 PM   #37
liamsaunt
I was an irish girl with an afro
I am Doombah Dippinlips. I just don't know what to say about that
Agh! I'm a chip junkie!
Mashed potatoes were invented as a delivery vehicle

Quote:
Becky, I thought that Mint Julep looked mighty tasty! I'm not a big fan of bourbon, but I do like good Mint Juleps.
I was really disappointed. It was a pretty drink!

I'm sorry to hear about Angelina. I hope something comes for her soon.

I still have not figured out dinner!
liamsaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:08 PM   #38
NEVERENOUGHWDW
Still Missing 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Dance like nobody is watching!
If there was an Olympic event I'm sure I would leave with the "gold" poop medal

Location: Doesn't matter, my mind & body are usually in 2 different places...

Nice new house, thanks Kat!

I lost what I was going to say when I followed the link

WFD ~ I don't know I'm alone tonight.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:37 PM   #39
HERSEY
DIS Veteran

Hi all! The date didn't go yet. He had some unexpected things come up plus he had to work. I wasn't feeling the best but I would have dragged myself together if necessary. I was grateful he didn't have to see me at my worst. I don't want to scare the poor man away so soon

Anyway thanks all for your concern it was just that oh so special time.It seems to be getting worse as I get younger I refuse to get older

Not sure yet WFD I'll be back when I figure that out.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:06 PM   #40
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Sheryl - I'm so sorry to hear about the job not panning out for A.

Janice - Glad to see you back. Hopefully the date will happen when you're feeling better.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:28 PM   #41
HERSEY
DIS Veteran

Kathy Thanks

Sheryl I saw that the job didn't work out for Angelina. I have confidence that if it is the right job for her they will sweeten the pot.

Tonight is grilled chicken breasts, rice and a salad.

Going back to read what I missed. Stop being so chatty and I might be able to keep up.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:39 PM   #42
HERSEY
DIS Veteran

Scotlas congrats on 2 successfull moves

Marisa On your loss That is very awesome.

Bethany I had a job that made me sick. That and your apartment is not helping you. You will be amazed how much better you feel after your move
Old 05-04-2009, 06:49 PM   #43
NEVERENOUGHWDW
Still Missing 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Dance like nobody is watching!
If there was an Olympic event I'm sure I would leave with the "gold" poop medal

Location: Doesn't matter, my mind & body are usually in 2 different places...

I'm so confused This is what I figured out.....
We have 2 little ones sick, hope they feel better soon.

Bethany is home & I have to agree with others STRESS is making you sick at that crazy school!

Nan~ is happy for the cuddle time, who could blame her? Kady has a Mickey rice crispy treat coming her way!

Sheryl ~ A is in my prayers, so sorry about the job.

Dinner was a cheese omelette & wheat toast.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:24 PM   #44
Where'sPiglet?
I'm going to try something different this month
Do I LOOK like I know what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERSEY View Post
Marisa On your loss That is very awesome.

Bethany I had a job that made me sick. That and your apartment is not helping you. You will be amazed how much better you feel after your move
Janice ...sorry the date didn't happen (yet).

Marisa...I forgot to say congratulations! I've been trying to lose some weight but have found it nearly impossible because I am stress eating. I CRAVE sugar (Coke) when I leave work and I just want junk food all the time. It has not been nice to my waist. July maybe I will get more serious about it...I tend to eat less in summer anyways.

I'm hoping I feel better after I move! The stress of wondering about IF I'm going to move is gone, now it's just working through the smaller details (errr, housing! ) and it's not as stressful as waiting to hear about the job. I'm getting less anxious and more excited!

We decided to go with the other idea my DH had for moving; where the company drives the truck down so we are FLYING down on June 30! It is actually cheaper that way, and DH feels better that I won't be driving all 1400 miles (he's not licensed...that's his July project.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVERENOUGHWDW View Post
Bethany is home & I have to agree with others STRESS is making you sick at that crazy school!
I also agree with the others. 8 weeks...I don't know why, it's been about the same for the last 3.75 years, WHY these last two months feel so horrid. I think it seems so much worse because I know there are better schools out there and I'm just waiting to get OUT of this one! (I also know there are WORSE ones out there and also people that DON'T have ANY jobs, so I am grateful to at least HAVE this one for what it's worth....)

Aimee - I meant to thank you for the offer of helping me find a dog if I need it. I want one NOW but that would TOTALLY complicate things. July is best because I'll be on summer break for a bit over a month so I can get used to it while I'm home all/most of the day.

We didn't do the French Fries for dinner; they take a long time and we were lazy. Here's a picture of the sandwiches:

1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013 ~*~ Disneyland

2010 Princess Half Marathon Trip Report
Where'sPiglet? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:43 PM   #45
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Bethany- that sandwich looks so good to me! I love French Dips.

WFD- DM made meatloaf with gravy, baked potatoes, stewed tomatoes, french style green beans, and salad. I don't love meatloaf but it tasted great since I did not have to cook it.

Disney Ron is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: