Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2009, 09:10 PM   #151
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucpharm29 View Post
OMG! Kris made it another week. Making plans to go to the hometown concert on Friday! My sis, dh and I screamed so loud we scared the kids.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread
I screamed as well, I was so excited!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 09:41 PM   #152
Aimeedyan
Why get all excited about something as silly as a fake celebrity? Or getting a tag?
Jello is not meant to be chunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotlass View Post
I've had a rough few days.

I've been going into work but by the time I'm home I'm pretty shattered.

I only work 4 hours but it taking it out of me.

I had bad pain yesterday so i upped my meds...big mistake...very bad reaction.

I going up was quite fun but the coming down not so much !!

I know Ive missed a lot but hugs, love and support to all who need it !!
Oh my gosh! Can they do anything more before your surgery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Now that Kyle’s baseball season is officially over I can tell y’all what’s happened.
Poor Kyle. So frustrating. I'm glad he's at peace with moving on in his education.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVERENOUGHWDW View Post
I have an update about the baby girl in Florida....Greg & I have let go of trying to adopt her. Her Aunt is willing to let her have a family but only under the conditions that she will be allowed in & out of the babies life whenever she wants. She also wants some holidays.
We really feel that our life will start when our adoption comes through & we are just sticking with our international adoption.
I'm so sad for this little one~ this woman/aunt is still focused on Social Security money which is why she has such a hard time coming to a decision.
BBL~
that must be terribly hard
1982 & 1990 ~ trips as a child ~1997 ~ Caribbean Beach ~ 2002 ~ Vacation Home ~ 2003 ~ Stayed with Family ~ 2004 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~2006 ~ Pop Century & Disney's Vero Beach ~ 2007 ~ Wilderness Lodge & Yacht Club ~ 2008 ~ Carnival Cruise & All Star Music ~ 2009 ~ All Star Sports & Downtown Hotel ~ 2009 ~ All Star Music, Comfort Inn & Boardwalk Villas
Aimeedyan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2009, 10:12 PM   #153
nucpharm29
The Exercise Goddess

kathy-just went back and read your post about Kyle. What a hard decision for him to make. I've "heard" that LSU school is pretty good don't know if I can root for an opposing SEC team though. Hehe! Oh, and about the baseball coach, he seems like a real winner.

Vickie--take care of yourself!

Stephanie
nucpharm29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:15 PM   #154
Where'sPiglet?
I'm going to try something different this month
Do I LOOK like I know what I'm doing

Quote:
kathy-just went back and read your post about Kyle. What a hard decision for him to make. I've "heard" that LSU school is pretty good don't know if I can root for an opposing SEC team though. Hehe! Oh, and about the baseball coach, he seems like a real winner.
The coach and my principal are both in the running for Person of the Year.

C'mon...you can spell "Geaux Tigers!", can't you?!?

1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013 ~*~ Disneyland

2010 Princess Half Marathon Trip Report
Where'sPiglet? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:23 AM   #155
TigerKat

Quote:

I have an update about the baby girl in Florida....Greg & I have let go of trying to adopt her. Her Aunt is willing to let her have a family but only under the conditions that she will be allowed in & out of the babies life whenever she wants. She also wants some holidays.
We really feel that our life will start when our adoption comes through & we are just sticking with our international adoption.
I'm so sad for this little one~ this woman/aunt is still focused on Social Security money which is why she has such a hard time coming to a decision.
BBL~
I think y'all made the right decision, this is a very sad situation.

Quote:
Yep, it's a pretty good school!

WFD - Whatever.....I'm going out to my monthly lunch with my co-worker for Italian food so I probably won't be very hungry for dinner. Kyle won't be home this evening so Johnny can scramble some eggs or make a sammie.

Have a great day everyone!

Hugs and prayers to all who need them.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:33 AM   #156
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ4Disney View Post
Jay hasn't left yet, but will on Tuesday. He will leave for Fort Stewart in Ga and will deploy for Iraq from there. The longer he is stateside the better. Thanks for your prayers.
I know that nothing beats having your family stateside but Timmy is deployed to Iraq right now and he tells us it is quiet lately. His accommodations are also like a luxury hotel in comparison to what they were on his last tour. Neither of my nephews are known for sharing the dark details of their deployments with their Mom or me but it really sounds like things are better now. Prayers for Jay daily!

I thought of your homecoming last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimeedyan View Post
I do! He is doing well but we really need to get him to a forever home.

I am working late so dinner will be whatever I find. I'm feeling a little better but just completely dragging. There is a lot of "activity" here at work right now and I think my mind is just processing things. Tomorrow is my iron infusion so I should feel better in a week or two. I hope!
He is so darn cute! I wish I could take a dog but my poor kitties would never adjust at this time in their lives.

You take it easy! You work way too hard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormrCastMbr View Post
I wanted to catch up but you know who just started fussing...
Well, my hairdresser was not there...maybe I had the wrong date but the whole place was closed!

That stinks! Now I'm thinking of Ellen
Quote:
Originally Posted by shovan View Post

What kind of phone did you get? I'm still not great at using my IPhone. The aide Dawn just got one & she was asking what new things I learned on it. Well I was trying to redial to vote over & over for Chris on AI last night & SHE ended up having to help me! It's so sad
It is the Verizon version of the Blackberry Storm. I hate it! Yesterday Buddy called to see why I had called him. Ummmm, I did not call. Well, I did. I must "cheekdial" because apparently you can call one number while you are talking to another. I have called the lawnmower service, Buddy and several of the men who help us in the summer all the while talkign to someone else!

Last week one of my cousins (yes, I was taken to task all day last Tuesday) told me that I needed to keep up with technology, all I needed was to look at teh directions and it would be easy. I showed her my phone and asked her for a lesson. Ummm.....not just me is inept........

Quote:
Afternoon all! We actually saw the sun today. We had some more awful rain last night. Looks like we are going from monsoon to oven though. 90 degree weather in the forecast for tomorrow. Did I miss Spring?
I don't know if you all missed Spring but I think you sent your rain our way. It is pouring and thundering right now and is supposed to do this all day! You keep sending your weather our way so Spring is hiding in our area too.

Quote:

I spoke to my MIL a little while ago & tomorrow morning she takes all her results to the Pulmonologist.
for good news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynis View Post
Becky (or anyone else who wants to take a stab at this) - Katie fell in love with Cornish pasties while we were in England last year. I've tried to make them, but regular pie pastry is not "hardy" enough. Have you had any experience with these? Any tips or ideas?
I have never had one of these but I wonder if the pastry from a Jamaican beef patty would work. It is a sturdy pastry but somehow is light and flakeyish at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post

Now that Kyle’s baseball season is officially over I can tell y’all what’s happened.
This just makes me mad!

Dinner is going to be a pizza meatloaf, mashed potatoes and some sort of veggie. We had the beef caserole adn green beans last night.

Bethany- Bulgar is man's oldest recorded use of wheat. Bulgur is made by soaking and cooking the whole wheat kernel, drying it and then removing part of the bran and cracking the remaining kernel into small pieces.

Its uses are numerous from salads to soup, from breads to desserts. It is a nutritious extender and thickener for meat dishes and soups. Bulgur will absorb twice its volume in water and can be used in place of rice in any recipe.

Bulgur is convenient since it can be either soaked in water or cooked to be edible

I really don;t know what it si exactly, I buy Bob's Red Mill Bulgar and use it in everything. You really need to let it absorb whatever liquid you are using but it makes a great cold ssalad, a nice side adn is wonderful in casseroles or under chili. It is wicked good for you
Old 05-07-2009, 06:54 AM   #157
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Maria- I am so sad for all of you, when a child becomes a money source for the adults who care for her is it . My heart breaks for this baby who is now going to be a financial football for the Aunt, and for you and Greg. You would welcome and love her and nurture her.

Vickie- I am worried for you as well, you are making me nervous. I think that since Maria has an International plan we need to have her make that call! Please remember that if you take it easy now you may avoid an enforced rest period.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:23 AM   #158
FormrCastMbr
DIS Veteran

Good Morning!

UGH! I am so sick of rain...the good thing is, it held off long enough yesterday for Tom to finally cut the lawn. It looks like a beautiful green carpet. Now if it will stop so he can do the trim work...I would do it but I am not to be trusted with a week whacker!!!

I just had to share...I am so proud of myself...I did the treadmill already today!!! This is the 4th time this week. I have cut back on eating but I am not 100% on track with that yet. Getting there...

OK, no more bragging...

Kathy, I am sorry that Kyle has such a rough time at Delgado but you should be proud of all the decisions that he has made to transfer to LSU. Have a wonderful lunch today!!!

Vickie, Please take care of yourself. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Maria, I am so sorry about the baby girl but I think you made the right decision. I pray your boys are here soon!!! How is everyone feeling?

Crap, I just lost my train of thought...it's probably this lullaby music coming from T's swing.

Ellen, So glad your baby is home!

Nancy, I got the LG Vu phone and I am constantly disconnecting, dialing wrong #s, etc. I cannot get used to it...that and not charging the darn thing enough. I am so bad with phones.

Ummm, the darn swing...

I am hoping my hairdresser calls today to tell me I had the wrong date. I usually go on a Thursday but I thought I switched it to Wed...I had Wed on my calendar...hmmm...

Andrew is supposed to have a game tonight so dinner will be quick...I took thin cut chicken out of the freezer so maybe chicken in a wine sauce over pasta with salad and broccoli.

Have a great day! I am sure I will pop in again.
FormrCastMbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:25 AM   #159
FormrCastMbr
DIS Veteran

American Idol...

I am glad about Kris too! I know alot of people like Adam but I just cannot get myself to like him...I hope Kris or Danny win!
FormrCastMbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:29 AM   #160
TigerKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormrCastMbr View Post

I just had to share...I am so proud of myself...I did the treadmill already today!!! This is the 4th time this week. I have cut back on eating but I am not 100% on track with that yet. Getting there...
I am so proud of you!!!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 07:44 AM   #161
Rogue26
DIS Veteran

Morning all, still raining here. Our grass is getting a little out of hand, but when we cut it it won't look like a beautiful green carpet. Cape Cod not's really known for it's beautiful grass.

Lauren- I had grand plans to stay up after my husband left for work, he leaves about 5:30, and use the eliptical. I'm blaming it on the rain, but I went back to bed. I used to use it during the Martha Stewert show, but I just don't care for her new show.

Vickie- You just have a couple more weeks until your surgery, right? That will leave you plenty of time to recover and before you know it you'll be having your Disney vacation feeling great.

Maria- I'm sorry you had to make such a difficult choice, your two little guys will be worth the wait.

Kathy- Kyle must be so excited! Baseball can still be part of his life, I think it would be more frustrating to be on the team and not playing than not be on the team and just enjoying the games. Granted, I'm not a baseball fan so I have a different perspective. Besides, it's fun to go away to college, even if it's hard for mom.

Laura- I though of you this morning as I packed banana bread for the kiddo.

Aimee- I'm so glad I don't live near you, I would scoop that pup up in an instant. What a great picture. I'm sure you'll find him a great home.

Ann- Thinking of your mom and the rest of your family.

Leftovers for dinner again.
Rogue26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:48 AM   #162
scotlass
Proud Redhead
Lang may yer lum reek!
Ma heid's mince

Ok...now I feel really bad !!

Please dont fret over me,Im a big strong lassie and I'll be fine.

I wasn't fishing for sympathy.....altho it does mean a lot that youse care.
I just wanted to explain why I had missed so many posts.

I dont want to befall the same fate as others who dont reply to youse guys....yer might hard !! jk.

Oh and i hope to BBL !!

LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \0/
scotlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:04 AM   #163
EJ4Disney
DIS Veteran

It is beautiful here in my little piece of the country. The sun is shining, no wind and temps in the low 60's. Should get to around 75 later this afternoon.

My Baby is home. YEA!! We had a really good time last night. We just had grilled hamburgers, baked beans and brownies for dinner. Nothing spectacular but it filled the hole. I only had the hamburger - no beans or brownie, oh I had some chips also.

This time of the year I totally become a golf widow. My boys will be at the Country Club as it is "Men's night". Matthew is so darn excited as he finally gets to play with his Dad. Once they get out of High School they can play Men's league and Men's night. Tonight will be his first offical night as a "BIG" boy.

So with that being said I am on my own for Dinner tonight. I think I will broil some salmon and steam some broccoli. Not to exciting but my boys do NOT like Salmon and I do.

I have not read back yet, but I will as soon as I get the Bulletins ready for Sunday services. I promise I will be back. Prayers and Joy to all who need it right now.

Ellen
EJ4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:11 AM   #164
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

I did a brief read...chatty girls! I want to make a couple of quick comments I need to get moving and motivated today!!!

Once again, I typed a whole reply out and lost it...so here I go again!!!

Vickie, we do care. Get yourself well. Thanks for the humor, you made me laugh

Maria, good things come to those who wait. I too think you made the right decision. I am sending so many prayers that your wishes come true. I hope things start to move along for your adoptions. Continued prayers for MIL and Greg. xoxo

Kathy, you and DH raised a bright wonderful boy with a good head on his shoulders. I see great things in his future. I am glad you were able to share with everyone what you have been going through. I am here for you whenever you need me.

Lauren, no sure if it is a nodule or lump? I forget what term was used when the doctor called.

Stephanie, Yay, Kris!!!!

Hugs to you all, if I had more time before heading out I would do the whole multi quote thing over.

Thank you all for your continued prayers for DM. Dad seems to be doing a little better and is getting more mobilty. I will keep you all updated as we hear news.

Yesterday I shopped for DS new big boy bedroom. I decided on a sports theme to decorate. My DSD got me a great deal on all of the bedding. It was on clearance and she gets a 20% employee discount. Here is the set...
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...U=116946&RN=47

Today I am going for a haircut. No cooking for this old lady today. DH, DS ,and I are going out for a casual birthday supper with my parents.

Disney Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:34 AM   #165
liamandcaili
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone! We are still surviving our crazy week, but I have to say, it was really difficult getting out of bed this morning. I had a dream that I was already up and awake, but then I realized I wasn't and had to jump out and get everything together in half my usual time.

I do appreciate all the compliments, but believe me, I am no Wonder Woman. The thought of wearing that costume... Seriously, though, thank you for all the nice comments. I do agree with Sheryl...I think we all have a little bit of Wonder Woman in us. We kind of have to, don't we?

Ellen -- I'm sure you had a wonderful reunion with Matthew yesterday. He is probably really looking forward to getting some good meals and reconnecting with all of you and his friends.

I didn't think the deployments were 18 months any more...is that what Jay was told? I hope it is just the 12...that is long enough. Greg would agree with Nancy's Timmy. Greg returned from his 2nd tour in December, and it was MUCH different than his first tour in 2006. Jay and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ron View Post
I think your childrens age can be hard than a newborn...you make me exhausted!
Yes, but unlike you, I can usually count on a full night's rest! for you and good thoughts and prayers for your mom.

Is today your birthday? If so, happy birthday!

Aimee -- That pup is such a cutie! I hope you find him a good home soon. Good luck today!

Sheryl -- Was the halibut dinner last night? That sounded SO good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynis View Post
I must really have you all fooled! There are days when nothing gets done.
We have days like that too. Actually, sometimes we have weeks like that.

Vickie -- I hope you are feeling better.

Maria --

Kathy -- You must be so proud of Kyle to make that tough decision. He is such a great kid and you are a terrific mom to have raised him that way. It stinks that he had a lousy coach this year and a bad college ball experience, but Kyle will be a success despite all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue26 View Post
Laura- I though of you this morning as I packed banana bread for the kiddo.
Caili just decided to avoid the whole lunch controversy, so she brings peanut butter and jelly every day now. Her teacher is so happy.

Stephanie -- As soon as they announced that Kris was safe, I thought of you. Everyone in your town must be so excited to throw him a welcome home party.

I know I am missing people...it is so hard to keep up if I only check in once a day.

We have ballet, dance recital tickets to purchase and a baseball game (if it doesn't rain) this afternoon. I'm going to feed Liam early while Caili is at ballet, and Caili and I will eat at the game. I don't know what we're having yet though.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: