Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2009, 11:49 AM   #1501
BigMama
DIS Veteran

ellen--have a wonderful time!!!
Old 06-12-2009, 01:13 PM   #1502
bigmerle1966
Photobucket
OH MY STARS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotlass View Post
So......your saying I really might just be a super spy...cool !!
Could be!

Going to my sisters for the weekend, the girls are going in 10 differant directions tomorrow and she needs me to help. The oldest one has her 1st swim meet, they both have soccer and tennis and both have parties and I think she said the little one actually has two. Nothing like spending the weekend before vacation running here and there across the state of VA.

Dinner tonight will be whatever strikes my fancy as I drive down the road.
POR/AKL 12/02 POR(overnight stay)11/04 POR 6/21-6/29/05 POP 12/10-12/18/05 OKW 6/16-6/22/06 BWI 12/06 POP 9/7-9/10/06 OKW- Girls week May 07 POLY 7/5 to 7/9/07 POP 9/1 to 9/9/07 POP 11/1-11/6/07 POP 12/19 to 12/26/08 For Noah For delswife. LYMI
........... Oh Chachi!..... Bird Flu Hits Trailer Park- News at 11 Duchess Ohmystars of Rearkickerstown
bigmerle1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #1503
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ4Disney View Post
I will try to get back on this weekend, but if not, you all have my prayers and atta Boys for the next 12 days. You all play nice and I will see you when we get home.
In case you don't make it back, have a safe & great trip!
Old 06-12-2009, 02:35 PM   #1504
shovan
DIS Veteran

Kat, Happy Birthday to Johnny! Enjoy your dinner out, you deserve it for that meal you'll be cooking on Sunday.

Marilyn, Have a nice weekend at your sister's!

Ellen, Have fun! Don't worry about rain, when the sun started shining we were wishing for another rain cloud to cool it off.

Heading out for errands now. Sockeye salmon is on sale, so I'm hoping it looks good. I'm planning on that with some veggie ww pasta DD just brought over.

shovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:36 PM   #1505
Aimeedyan
Why get all excited about something as silly as a fake celebrity? Or getting a tag?
Jello is not meant to be chunky

Quote:
First off what a wonderful idea and surpise for DH.

Yes I think 4 days in all 3 cities would be enough.

I have been to London for a week end and we got round all the main sights.

London centre is not as big as you might think and with the tube you can get to most anywhere pretty easy and quickly.

I have never been to Dublin but most people go for weekend trips so I think that is a fine time scale there too.

If you are only planning on staying in the city centre then a car is not a necessity because Dublin has a tram system which runs right through the main city areas.

Now ma bit....Edinburgh !!

Same as above no car needed and strongly advise against if only staying in the city.

Edinburgh sights are all very much in the centre of town and most are in walking distance of each other.The bus system is quite good but by the time you are planning there will be a tram service up and running all over the city centre.

Now if anyone asks me when to visit Edinburgh I would always say at festival time.

In August Edinburgh has a International arts festival and it it brilliant.

People come from all over the world to perform and watch,the place is very busy and just alive with fun.

Street performers ,full blown stage shows and some kinda funky stuff too.

It is my favourite time here.

Im rubbish at explaining things so i will find a link to this years and you can have a look.

Hope this helps a wee bit and any more Q's just ask away !!!

Have a good day Lassies BBL x

http://www.eif.co.uk/ This is the more " arty " one.

http://www.edfringe.com/ This is the one I go to !!
Thank you!! Is it uber hot in August?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKWMom View Post
How is your grandfather settling in?
He seems to be okay - I need to get over and see him tomorrow. We think he'll be okay with staying there permanently.

Today is my dad's bday and I forgot until I yanked out my calendar to see what is on it for tomorrow So, our dinner plans changed and we are taking the train to Dallas to have dinner with him and my brother. At least I don't have to drive!
1982 & 1990 ~ trips as a child ~1997 ~ Caribbean Beach ~ 2002 ~ Vacation Home ~ 2003 ~ Stayed with Family ~ 2004 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~2006 ~ Pop Century & Disney's Vero Beach ~ 2007 ~ Wilderness Lodge & Yacht Club ~ 2008 ~ Carnival Cruise & All Star Music ~ 2009 ~ All Star Sports & Downtown Hotel ~ 2009 ~ All Star Music, Comfort Inn & Boardwalk Villas
Aimeedyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:41 PM   #1506
BigMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeedyan View Post

today is my dad's bday and i forgot until i yanked out my calendar to see what is on it for tomorrow So, our dinner plans changed and we are taking the train to dallas to have dinner with him and my brother. At least i don't have to drive!

Enjoy your day ! Happy Birthday to your Dad.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:52 PM   #1507
scotlass
Proud Redhead
Lang may yer lum reek!
Ma heid's mince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimeedyan View Post
Thank you!! Is it uber hot in August?

Scotland doesnt do uber hot I am very very sorry to say !!

I would tell any one coming to bring clothes for all weathers even in August.

Scotland in the summer can be 4 seasons in one day.

Have a nice birthday day with your dad.

LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \0/
scotlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:53 PM   #1508
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Happy friday everyone.

Happy Birthday to Aimee's Dad & Johnny!!!!!!

Marilyn & Ellen, safe travels. Hope you both have a wonderful time.

Stephanie & Laura, I have a feeling both of you maybe right that this little one is quite comfy and not ready to make her appearance yet. I hope the rest of you are right and she arrives a little sooner than my due date. Fingers crossed.

Laura, get some rest.
----

I have been very sluggish. I sent the day with my parents. We went to a Chinese buffet for lunch, which is bothering me now. I spent the rest of the time with my feet up on their couch while DS bothered them.

WFD- got to see what DH feels like. I did not take anything out, and honestly I am not hungry after lunch. Hoping he wants to take a ride and get himself some seafood takeout. It is so nice to have him home evey night.

Disney Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:11 PM   #1509
liamandcaili
DIS Veteran

Lots of birthdays on here this weekend! Happy birthday to Aimee's dad, Lauren's Tom and Kathy's Johnny!

Have fun tonight, Kathy and Aimee!

Marilyn -- I am sure your sister really appreciates the help. I am so grateful that my family is willing to help out since I haven't figured out how to clone myself yet. In fact, tomorrow my brother took the day off so he can go to Liam's baseball game, which happens to be at the same time as Caili's gymnastics show.

Ellen -- Have a great trip! I hope you find some sun. If you do, please send it north!

Ann -- It must be so nice to have Ron home every night, especially with little Emma on the way.

Gretchen -- I'm glad you got the floors picked out. My neighbor and I were just saying how there is always something that needs to be done when you have a house. At least you will soon be checking one thing off your list.

I decided against making the chicken tonight because it looks like it is going to pour at any moment, so I picked up some flounder from the fish market. Now I have to figure out how I am preparing it.

Oh, and thank you all for wishing me well. I am feeling a little better this afternoon. I am sure I will improve even more after a glass of wine.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:47 PM   #1510
FormrCastMbr
DIS Veteran

Hey All!

Quick fly by...still not feeling great...I probably did too much today. I only have one percoset left so i am keeping that for tonight.

Kathy, Enjoy your dinner! And...

Happy Birthday to my buddy, Johnny!!!

Aimee, Happy Birthday to your Dad! He must be a wonderful man...it is my Dad's birthday today too and he was the best!

Laura, hope you're feeling better.

Ellen, Have a great trip!

We are going to Tom's Mother's tomorrow for his birthday. She is making chicken parm, pasta and salad. I am making a cake. We will also have ice cream cake Sunday when Andrew gets home.

I missed alot but send my best to all.
FormrCastMbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:00 PM   #1511
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday Tom!!!!!!

Lauren, hope the pill helps tonight. Rest please.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:17 PM   #1512
NEVERENOUGHWDW
Still Missing 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Dance like nobody is watching!
If there was an Olympic event I'm sure I would leave with the "gold" poop medal

Location: Doesn't matter, my mind & body are usually in 2 different places...

Happy Birthday Tom & Johnny!!!!

Kat ~ tell Johnny we will be toasting him Sunday!!!!

Ellen~ Hope you see this before you go. Have a wonderful, safe trip!

Aimee~ If this is your 1st trip to the UK & your hubby thinks Ireland is his "mother land" I would spend the entire trip there. There is so much to do & so many "regions". The 1st time I went to Ireland it was for 11 days & was sure it would be to long, I was wrong.......I would be happy to give you a ring & tell you what we did on our first trip.
Happy Birthday to your Dad!

Laura, how are you feeling?

Marilyn, enjoy the time with your sister.

Sheryl, so glad the box arrived.

BBL

What people think of you is none of your business.
NEVERENOUGHWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:19 PM   #1513
bigmerle1966
Photobucket
OH MY STARS!

Quick check in before I leave. After work I had to go to run a few errands then I came home to pack. Got Chick-Fil-A for dinner and am eating now.

DM bought a new car, a Nissan Versa and she got one that doesn't have electronic door locks or windows. The really bad thing, the trunk will only open when the drivers door is unlocked and she is bad about locking her car. I am hoping we are missing something when it comes to the trunk and the door locks.

Oh well, I'm outta here, see you all later.
POR/AKL 12/02 POR(overnight stay)11/04 POR 6/21-6/29/05 POP 12/10-12/18/05 OKW 6/16-6/22/06 BWI 12/06 POP 9/7-9/10/06 OKW- Girls week May 07 POLY 7/5 to 7/9/07 POP 9/1 to 9/9/07 POP 11/1-11/6/07 POP 12/19 to 12/26/08 For Noah For delswife. LYMI
........... Oh Chachi!..... Bird Flu Hits Trailer Park- News at 11 Duchess Ohmystars of Rearkickerstown
bigmerle1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 06:17 AM   #1514
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Good Morning All! I am so sorry I am late with my Birthday Congratulations but Buddy brought home a load of mulch yesterday and so we spent the afternoon spreading it. I have been whining that I needed it but with all the rain he held off. I was glad he was home to move it for me, he is way faster than me, although he is a picky spreader and says I am messy . He's right though, I just spread it around, figure it will even itself out. He makes pretty edges, makes sure it is even and slopes it nice. Not me.... He could not help an "I told you so" when my neighbor teased him about the lumpy planting bed...imagine her look when I told her the lumpy stuff was mine and he was the one to level it all out

Dinner for Buddy was some leftovers to hold him over til I brought him home a Tuna sub. I went shopping with Marisa and was able to find clothes that I liked!!!!!! Marisa also picked up a few things.....she has refused to buy new clothes and 50 pounds down makes for very baggy shirts. Jeff must have joined my nagging becasue she caved! She looks so good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
This looks like my baby girl! Can't wait to show Johnny!
Kathy- I love this, I immediately saw Debbie's baby too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ4Disney View Post

It is still raining here. This is the 10th day of no sun. I am getting really tired of this. It doesn't look like it will break anytime soon either. I just hope it doesn't follow us to Florida. Oh well if it does - it does. The rain won't stop us!!

I will try to get back on this weekend, but if not, you all have my prayers and atta Boys for the next 12 days. You all play nice and I will see you when we get home.

Love to you all,
Ellen
Ellen- I am so excited for you! I hope that you have a safe and wonderful trip! Enjoy the Fl sunshine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmerle1966 View Post
Going to my sisters for the weekend, the girls are going in 10 differant directions tomorrow and she needs me to help. The oldest one has her 1st swim meet, they both have soccer and tennis and both have parties and I think she said the little one actually has two. Nothing like spending the weekend before vacation running here and there across the state of VA.
As Laura already said, your sister really appreciates the help. My sister had four all pretty close together. With all of their activities she was swamped so my job was swimming lessons every Wednesday and keeping them on Monday's when she did all of her paperwork. Gail has told me so many times that she never could have split herself up in so many pieces but the best things are when those now adults make time to visit or call. They noticed that I was there and now I am reaping those benefits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimeedyan View Post

Today is my dad's bday and I forgot until I yanked out my calendar to see what is on it for tomorrow So, our dinner plans changed and we are taking the train to Dallas to have dinner with him and my brother. At least I don't have to drive!
Happy Birthday to your Dad! Enjoy the "ride"!

Quote:
Scotland in the summer can be 4 seasons in one day.
Sounds like New England!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ron View Post

I have been very sluggish. I sent the day with my parents. We went to a Chinese buffet for lunch, which is bothering me now. I spent the rest of the time with my feet up on their couch while DS bothered them.
Please listen to your body and rest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamandcaili View Post
Marilyn -- I am sure your sister really appreciates the help. I am so grateful that my family is willing to help out since I haven't figured out how to clone myself yet. In fact, tomorrow my brother took the day off so he can go to Liam's baseball game, which happens to be at the same time as Caili's gymnastics show.

Oh, and thank you all for wishing me well. I am feeling a little better this afternoon. I am sure I will improve even more after a glass of wine.
Good luck to Liam! HE will have one proud Uncle cheering him, I'm sure! Enjoy Caili's show!

Laura- I somehow missed you were nto feeling well, I am glad that you are better today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormrCastMbr View Post
Quick fly by...still not feeling great...I probably did too much today. I only have one percoset left so i am keeping that for tonight.

We are going to Tom's Mother's tomorrow for his birthday. She is making chicken parm, pasta and salad. I am making a cake. We will also have ice cream cake Sunday when Andrew gets home.
Lauren- I know I harp but you really need to rest that back! Those muscles cannot heal if you are constantly pulling at them and while the pain killers make it bearable, they mask when you overdo. Please take it easy. today.

Happy Birthday to Tom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy- I never got back on to wish Johnny a Happy Birthday! Please enjoy your special meal together!

Today is my 17th anniversary so Buddy and I are going to eat out this evening. I am craving a big cheeseburger at a local micro brewery but since I have been feeding Bud food he detests I will leave the choice to him.

Marisa says I better pick up burger fixings for him, he has been telling me for two weeks he wants them. So when I finally shop today his burger meal is on
my list!
Old 06-13-2009, 07:41 AM   #1515
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Nancy & Buddy, Happy 17th Anniversary!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: