Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2009, 09:26 PM   #76
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I think we'll be at DHS the 26th too!
Awesome! I'll proudly be displaying my LGMH on my Pink Elephant VB hipster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shordiebecka View Post
That looks good to me! You can go out the international gateway, no problems. I love the international gateway- less crowds and so beautiful! You could try to get into one of the MK resort restaurants for dinner if you can't get dinner in the MK..my favorite in the MK is Tony's or Liberty Tree Tavern. Never eaten at any of the resorts, so i couldn't tell you about how they are!
I'm trying to get WCC for my birthday if possible (I'd still love LeCellier or CM). I just want to eat SOMEWHERE on my birthday! CS does NOT count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
Madison is so adorable in her little Irish getup She definitely got the dancing genes from her mama!

We went to MK for PM EMH and it was crazy getting out but definitely worth it since it was the only night we could squeeze in Wishes.

Maddie really loves Irish dancing. I'm so happy we decided to sign her up for it.

I don't think we'll stay super late at any PM EMH's. I think Madison will totally crash and then we won't make the AM EMH!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 05-25-2009, 10:01 PM   #77
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Awesome! I'll proudly be displaying my LGMH on my Pink Elephant VB hipster!
Okay, I'll be on the lookout for you and you be on the lookout for me!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2009, 10:36 AM   #78
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Your plans look great! You know, if you're early morning people, then it's not crazy to do the morning EMHs! It looks like you know what you're doing by going back for an afternoon nap though. I read that it's best to have 8 hours between the time you leave a park and the time you go to another in the morning. I can see how that would help with not getting worn out with the early mornings. Your trip is coming soon!!

Upcoming: Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 05-26-2009, 02:56 PM   #79
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Okay, I'll be on the lookout for you and you be on the lookout for me!
I'll be keeping my eyes peeled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
Your plans look great! You know, if you're early morning people, then it's not crazy to do the morning EMHs! It looks like you know what you're doing by going back for an afternoon nap though. I read that it's best to have 8 hours between the time you leave a park and the time you go to another in the morning. I can see how that would help with not getting worn out with the early mornings. Your trip is coming soon!!
Thanks! I can't believe we leave in 29 days!!! I'm so excited. We will definately have 8 hrs between parks (at least I hope so!).

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 05-27-2009, 08:46 AM   #80
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Wonderful Weekend & Clothing Selections

If you read my TR from January, then you know that Madison and I wore LOTS of Disney t-shirts. The weather was in the mid to high 70's and we were more than comfortable. We even wore tank tops a few times. However, I cannot wear t-shirts in June in Orlando. There is just no way! So, the Disney tees will not be joining us on this trip. Before I post pics of my clothing options, I'd like to fill you in on my crazy weekend!

Saturday- Tony and I had a wedding to go to and my parents took Madison into Syracuse for my cousin's grad party (we rsvp'd to the wedding WAY before I knew about the party!). Maddie had been coughing a bit on Friday, so I sent some medicine with my mom. Anyways...here's a pic of me all dolled up for the wedding.

I LOVED my dress! I got it at JCPenney and it was a great deal

Tony and I had a lot of fun at the wedding, but I was so tired the next day! But, there was no time for rest!

Sunday- On Memorial Day weekend, there is always a Dance Showcase at Fantasy Island. Fantasy Island is a small amusement park about 15 minutes from us. I think it's geared more towards the younger crowd, but they do have a wild mouse rollercoaster and a great wooden coaster. Anyways...my dance studio always dances on the Sunday before Memorial Day. So, I went to pick Madison up at my parents house and my mom told me she had a low fever that night. She was still coughing but really wanted to go to Fantasy Island. So, off we went! It was a gorgeous day and we had fun. She was bummed that she couldn't go on a lot of things (the wild mouse ride in particular). She's about 46 inches and most of the rides her friends were going on were 48 inches. There's always next year! We got home around 4pm and I took a very long nap. (In case you're wondering where my DH was, he was working. The bank he works for bought another bank and this past weekend was the first weekend of conversion. He works at the bank's call center now, so he had to work).

Monday- Madison and I went to my parents house for a backyard cookout. (once again, Tony had to work, but he came by later). My mom made hot dogs, hamburgers, ribs and clams. So delicious! She also had homemade strawberry ice cream!!!! Why did she never make this when I lived there??? We had a wonderful day yet again. The weather was perfect...warm with a breeze.

Now, onto some fashion!!!!

These are some tops that I've had for awhile. They are super comfy! Maybe I'll wear one of them to AK!

I bought these 2 shirts yesterday at Aeropostale for $25! They had some amazing deals.

I bought this one a few weeks ago at Old Navy. With my discount, I think I paid around $6 (it was on sale too!). I have to have my mom take the straps up a bit because it's way too low.

I also bought a new pair of denim bermuda shorts at Gap yesterday (us Old Navy employees get 50% off there). They are soo cute!!! Sorry, I didn't take a picture of them. I'll also be bringing my other bermudas and my khaki shorts as well.

con't in next post....

Completed Trip Reports
Old 05-27-2009, 08:58 AM   #81
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Con't

Let's move along to some choices for Madison.

These shirts are definately coming with us. They will keep her comfy, cool and of course, fashionable!

A few more options...I bought the green one before our Jan trip and my mom just bought the other three. These will probably be coming along too.

I bought the pink one at the end of summer last year. I couldn't resist buying the flip flop tank last week at Old Navy. It's so hard to work there sometimes!!! I think she has about 6 or 8 tanks similar to that one but with all different prints.

Madison has TONS of shorts and capris for me to choose from. I always over pack, but I'd rather have more clothes than not enough. I like to have choices. What if I only pack 7 shirts for a 7 day trip and on that last day, I don't want to wear that last shirt? As far at Tony goes, he said he needs to buy some more shirts for this trip. He never buys anything for himself! So, for Father's Day, I'll probably buy him some lighter colored shirts for Disney and possibly anothe pair of cargo shorts (his favorite). So, that's my fashion update for all of you! I should be getting my Mickey Mail sometime this week. How exciting!!! I'll leave you with one last picture.

Our Count-Up Calendar!!!!! The top line says "DISNEY HERE WE COME!" I used a pink marker for "COME" and you can't quite see it in the picture. Please don't laugh at my attempt at drawing. I'm not an artist AT ALL! I cannot take credit for this idea. I saw it in another PTR, but her's was much better (gotta give the credit to Emma- aka AGPrincess). Madison and I have so much fun putting Mickey head paint chips onto our large Mickey head every morning. I took this picture this morning so it's all updated. 28 days!!!

Completed Trip Reports
Old 05-27-2009, 09:25 AM   #82
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

All of your clothes are SOO cute!!! You'll for sure be ready for the summer weather. I went in the summer one year, and it was hot, but it was actually cooler than what I was used to (I'm from OK). Tanks are a must though! Your dress for the wedding was very cute too. I love the green. YAY!! Disney shopping means Disney is SOOOO close!

Upcoming: Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 05-27-2009, 09:29 AM   #83
shordiebecka
DIS Veteran

where did you get all those shirts for you! Old navy? I wish I wasn't so broke but Old navy usually has good deals and sales!
1990-Carribean Beach**1992- Port Orleans** 1996-All Star Music** 2000-Off Site** 2001- Port Orleans/DCL** 2003 AKL/DCL** 2005- Boardwalk Inn** 2006- All Star Music**2008 All Star Sports**2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge** 2009 CSR Holiday Trip** 2009 Beach Club Holiday Trip**2010 POR Fall Trip (Engaged!)**2012 Wilderness lodge (expecting a baby!)**2014 Boardwalk Villas (With a 9 month old!)

UP NEXT: November 2014- Art of Animation!!!
Old 05-27-2009, 09:36 AM   #84
Worfiedoodles
DIS Veteran

I think the clothes choices are awesome, and I LOVE the count "Up" calendar! That is extremely clever, and a great use of the Mickey paint chips! I can't believe you cut all those out -- what a devoted Mama you are!

Maria

Old 05-27-2009, 10:28 AM   #85
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Oh my gosh, that dress you wore to the wedding is gorgeous on you!
Old 05-27-2009, 10:32 AM   #86
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

First you look beautiful for the wedding, love the dress and love your hair straight, too!! Love it curly but it looks really pretty straight! Glad you guy had a nice time at the wedding!!

Adorable tops!!!!!! They will be very cute and fashionable!! And I'm with you...I'd rather have too much packed than not enough, I know I could do wash there but would rather have different tops to change into for dinner or whatever.

Thanks for sharing! And you did a nice job on your countup, what fun way to get ready for your trip....Emma's was beautiful, wasn't it? It's such a cute idea!!!
Old 05-27-2009, 11:04 AM   #87
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

I love that dress you wore to the wedding! Your post makes me want to get shopping for some summer clothes so if DH gets upset I'm blaming you!

Which shirt is going to be your birthday shirt?

I also loved your pic of your count-up calendar! I can't wait to make ours for Jan. Not sure what kind though. Maybe a chain since mine are so young and it will be easier to "see" how close we are by the length. I'm not starting it until Christmas though. I think I started it waaay too early last year and the kids were bored with it until it got really close to the day we left.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:31 PM   #88
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
All of your clothes are SOO cute!!! You'll for sure be ready for the summer weather. I went in the summer one year, and it was hot, but it was actually cooler than what I was used to (I'm from OK). Tanks are a must though! Your dress for the wedding was very cute too. I love the green. YAY!! Disney shopping means Disney is SOOOO close!
Thanks! The majority of my Disney trips have been in the summer months. January was very nice and I've been once in March. It was hot! I know what I'm in for on this trip. Madison's first trip in 2006 was around the same time. I'm pretty sure we went from June 25th-July 2nd. We were melting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shordiebecka View Post
where did you get all those shirts for you! Old navy? I wish I wasn't so broke but Old navy usually has good deals and sales!
The first two I've had for a few years. The tube top was bought at ON quite a few years ago and the yellow one I got at Kohl's 2 years ago. The next two are from Aeropostale and the last red one is from ON. Since I work at Old Navy, that's where the majority of my clothes are from (you can't beat the 25% off!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worfiedoodles View Post
I think the clothes choices are awesome, and I LOVE the count "Up" calendar! That is extremely clever, and a great use of the Mickey paint chips! I can't believe you cut all those out -- what a devoted Mama you are!

Maria
Cutting out those Mickey heads was NOT fun! I had 60 of them and my hand was killing me. I had an imprint in my thumb from cutting them all out!

Quote:
Oh my gosh, that dress you wore to the wedding is gorgeous on you!
Thank you! I loved the color and it was very comfortable too. It was in the low 80's here on Saturday, so it was the perfect dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
First you look beautiful for the wedding, love the dress and love your hair straight, too!! Love it curly but it looks really pretty straight! Glad you guy had a nice time at the wedding!!

I do like straightening my hair every now and then. I wore it straight for all my games with my dance team this season.

Adorable tops!!!!!! They will be very cute and fashionable!! And I'm with you...I'd rather have too much packed than not enough, I know I could do wash there but would rather have different tops to change into for dinner or whatever.

I'm not doing laundry on this trip since it's such a short stay at Disney. I don't want to waste any time doing the wash! So, I'll just over pack as usual. I roll all of our clothes so they fit real nicely in the suitcases. You can also pack more that way! I was so worried about our luggage being over 50 lbs last time and we were WAY under! Our very large suitcase wasn't even 30 lbs. Now that I know that, I'll most likely be bringing more!

Thanks for sharing! And you did a nice job on your countup, what fun
way to get ready for your trip....Emma's was beautiful, wasn't it? It's such a cute idea!!!
I adored Emma's Ariel count-up calendar! It was amazing. I'm definately NOT that talented!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
I love that dress you wore to the wedding! Your post makes me want to get shopping for some summer clothes so if DH gets upset I'm blaming you!

I'll gladly take the blame! I'm the one who is always encouraging people to go shopping. It's one of my favorite things to do. Even Madison loves trying clothes on!

Which shirt is going to be your birthday shirt?

I really don't know yet! I love them all!

I also loved your pic of your count-up calendar! I can't wait to make ours for Jan. Not sure what kind though. Maybe a chain since mine are so young and it will be easier to "see" how close we are by the length. I'm not starting it until Christmas though. I think I started it waaay too early last year and the kids were bored with it until it got really close to the day we left.
Thanks! I didn't want to take any Mickey heads down. Too depressing. I did think about a chain though. I loved doing those as a kid. But no, I went the long and hard way!!! Madison really does like putting on a Mickey head everyday. It kind of reminds me of Small World with all the different colors all together. Such unity!

Completed Trip Reports
Old 05-27-2009, 02:15 PM   #89
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Awesome PTR! Can't believe it took me this long to get here!!
First, you looked stunning for that wedding!
Second, great plans.
Third, Paige has one of those tanks that Madison has - the green paisley with purple straps! Wears it constantly!!
Fourth, my deepest sympathies on your grandfather's passing.
Fifth, good luck with getting a good ADR for your b-day!!
Old 05-27-2009, 02:20 PM   #90
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Hey Meghan I love how Madison's clothes totally coordinate with yours! Those tanks could be yours!

I also want to add that I work for the same bank as your DH. I know you mentioned before that he worked for a local bank but when I read your last update about the weekend plans I laughed and totally knew where he was! Small world!

I did some shopping at Old Navy too. (the new one on the BLVD) I got a bathing suit and a blue cover up skirt and white ruffled tank top. I love your pink one though

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: