Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #151
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Sounds like your weekend was off to a good start! Great pics, the costumes were cute!!! Uh oh for going out to late...that's never a good start to a busy weekend!! LOL!! But I am sure you pulled it off!!!
I have a lot of fun picking out their costumes each year. We get in sooo many different catalogs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worfiedoodles View Post
I love the costumes! The girls all look happy and comfortable, so they could relax and do their best

Maria
Thanks! I think they looked great in them.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 06-08-2009, 03:53 PM   #152
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

WOW!! You DID have a busy weekend! I loved all of the pictures! Ally has her dance recital this weekend with dress rehearsal on Thursday night--she's sooo excited!! I like the idea of your fun week--it sounds like fun and a great way for girls to try dance before they sign-up!! Sorry, I can't help with the Fantasmic thing. We waited in line for an hour in the rain and lightning to hear that it was cancelled. We didn't get to see it--next time, though!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2009, 05:03 PM   #153
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Aw! Both you and Madison look beautiful!
Old 06-08-2009, 06:08 PM   #154
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
WOW!! You DID have a busy weekend! I loved all of the pictures! Ally has her dance recital this weekend with dress rehearsal on Thursday night--she's sooo excited!! I like the idea of your fun week--it sounds like fun and a great way for girls to try dance before they sign-up!! Sorry, I can't help with the Fantasmic thing. We waited in line for an hour in the rain and lightning to hear that it was cancelled. We didn't get to see it--next time, though!!
It was a jam packed weekend for sure. I hope that Ally has a wonderful recital this weekend! As far as Fantasmic goes, I think we'll just decide once we get there. I don't want to over think things. I know we'll see it eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Aw! Both you and Madison look beautiful!
Thank you very much.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 06-08-2009, 09:28 PM   #155
tinkabella627
DIS Veteran

Hey I have been reading your whole PJ (and I dont think I ever posted but I could be wrong)... anyways.. I am from Buffalo too!! I live in Memphis TN now though (my mom can't wait til our drive home for the wedding when she can see her first tim hortons and get an iced cap..i don't drink coffee or anything but love their hot smoothies!)

Ok onto the disney topic....

I was just there and am going back in 3 weeks for a 2 week honeymoon...

I suggest going nowhere near the first showing of fantasmic... we walked by at 8:10 and the 9:00 was already standing room only!!! Fantasmic is my favorite show there so I endure the lines... so at about 8:40 I lined up for the 10:30.. AWFUL. People were crammed on top of me and that has NEVER happened before!! However, it didn't get as crowded in that one and if you aren't worried about having the perfect seat (like I am) then just go in at like 9:45 or 10 and find a seat. A lot of people said that the earlier show is so packed because people want their kids to see the early one and go to bed? I don't know if that's the real reason or not.

Ok I think that is all I wanted to say (I got distracted by talking about wedding stuff with my fiance... I clearly can't multi-task after a week in disney.. body=exhausted!)
Old 06-09-2009, 06:00 AM   #156
carone0318
Disney-aholic, can't get enough of this place!!!

Loved reading about your weekend - it sounded like a lot of fun!
Old 06-09-2009, 09:28 AM   #157
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

I'm worn out just reading about your weekend! Sounds like it was great. Congrats to your daughter, she placed her first time out and she looked so cute. I bet your students love you.

Orginally I planned on hitting F! on our last night 6/28 but now I think I'll hit it at the late showing on 6/23. We have an 8 ARD at WCC,if we can make it back in time. I'm loving having two spectros each night, more choice.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 06-09-2009, 12:47 PM   #158
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkabella627 View Post
Hey I have been reading your whole PJ (and I dont think I ever posted but I could be wrong)... anyways.. I am from Buffalo too!! I live in Memphis TN now though (my mom can't wait til our drive home for the wedding when she can see her first tim hortons and get an iced cap..i don't drink coffee or anything but love their hot smoothies!)

Ok onto the disney topic....

I was just there and am going back in 3 weeks for a 2 week honeymoon...

I suggest going nowhere near the first showing of fantasmic... we walked by at 8:10 and the 9:00 was already standing room only!!! Fantasmic is my favorite show there so I endure the lines... so at about 8:40 I lined up for the 10:30.. AWFUL. People were crammed on top of me and that has NEVER happened before!! However, it didn't get as crowded in that one and if you aren't worried about having the perfect seat (like I am) then just go in at like 9:45 or 10 and find a seat. A lot of people said that the earlier show is so packed because people want their kids to see the early one and go to bed? I don't know if that's the real reason or not.

Ok I think that is all I wanted to say (I got distracted by talking about wedding stuff with my fiance... I clearly can't multi-task after a week in disney.. body=exhausted!)
Thanks for reading! I'm not sure about the whole Fantasmic thing yet. I'll have to talk it over with my family. I hope that you have a wonderful wedding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carone0318 View Post
Loved reading about your weekend - it sounded like a lot of fun!
Very tiring but very fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
I'm worn out just reading about your weekend! Sounds like it was great. Congrats to your daughter, she placed her first time out and she looked so cute. I bet your students love you.

Orginally I planned on hitting F! on our last night 6/28 but now I think I'll hit it at the late showing on 6/23. We have an 8 ARD at WCC,if we can make it back in time. I'm loving having two spectros each night, more choice.
My students and I have a very special bond. They're my extended family. I do like the 2 showings of Spectro, but I think we're still going to hit up the earlier one. 11pm is a bit too late for my early EMH family!

Completed Trip Reports
Old 06-10-2009, 09:18 AM   #159
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

COngrat's to Madison! She looked great too!

I love the difference in the pictures of your girls when they are serious and the 'funny' one! It's too cute!! Looks like all the hard work paid off!

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Old 06-10-2009, 09:44 AM   #160
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
COngrat's to Madison! She looked great too!

I love the difference in the pictures of your girls when they are serious and the 'funny' one! It's too cute!! Looks like all the hard work paid off!
Madison really did a great job. She brought in her medals and pictures to school today for show and tell.

My girls are really quite goofy!

Completed Trip Reports
Old 06-11-2009, 08:12 AM   #161
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Good morning everyone!!!! I don't really have anything to talk about this morning, but I'm very excited for some reason. It's starting to sink in that we're leaving in 13 days. I can utilize online check-in 3 days from now. How crazy is that?! I'm still debating if I want to use it or not. They have my requests on my reservation and I plan on sending a fax 4 days before our arrival day. I'm just really hoping that I get them! I know nothing can be guaranteed, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed! We've paid for a preferred room so I'd like to be in one of the 60's buildings. I've also requested to be poolside on a higher floor. The noise from the pool doesn't bother us at all. I actually can't sleep if it's too quiet!

I feel like I'm starting to lose my mind a little bit. I have a very thorough packing list, but I keep checking it and adding little things to it. I think I just need to leave it alone. After reading some threads on the Dis, I've decided that I'd like to decorate our resort window. I went to Party City the other day and bought a few Tinkerbell birthday decorations. I've also seen some great things over on the DISign threads. I'm going to see if some of those talented ladies can make a few signs for me. I've messed around with some clip art and such, but my signs come out very boring. Has anyone ever decorated their windows before? If so, please feel free to post any pictures that you have. I'd love to see them!

Well, I think that's all for now. I'm just trying to figure out our evenings right now. I'd really like to use the PM EMH's, but I think MK might be too late for us. 11pm-2am!!!!! If if was just myself and Tony, I'd definately do it, but it's too late for Madison. Have a great day everyone!

Completed Trip Reports
Old 06-11-2009, 01:54 PM   #162
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

I can't believe your trip is almost here....again! lol I'm sooo jealous, you're doing two trips before my one!! At least I get to live vicariously through you....so thanks for going, again!!

You're on countdown....is Madison getting excited? It must be sneaking up on your guys since you've been SO busy lately!! But that is a good thing.

OT, went to ON yesterday and made out well, thank you!! I got the boys a TON of long sleeve tshirts for Fall for $1.97 each! And some things for DH too on the 50% off sale, can't beat it!! So thanks!!
Old 06-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #163
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
I can't believe your trip is almost here....again! lol I'm sooo jealous, you're doing two trips before my one!! At least I get to live vicariously through you....so thanks for going, again!!

You're on countdown....is Madison getting excited? It must be sneaking up on your guys since you've been SO busy lately!! But that is a good thing.

OT, went to ON yesterday and made out well, thank you!! I got the boys a TON of long sleeve tshirts for Fall for $1.97 each! And some things for DH too on the 50% off sale, can't beat it!! So thanks!!
I still can't believe we're taking 2 trips in one year. I never thought I'd be so lucky!!! I'm glad that you've been enjoying my TR's and such. I know that you're going to have so much fun on your trip with your mom and sister. I'd love to do a girls only trip someday. My sisters and I would have a blast! We're getting very excited around for sure. I had a lot of fun over on the DISigns threads this morning. I still have to pick out which DISigns I want for window decorations!

I'm thrilled you were able to get some great stuff at ON for your boys and DH. I finally was able to take my DH shopping on Tuesday. On top of the 50% sale for Men, I was able to use my 25% off employee discount. So, we got 3 pair of cargo shorts, 2 t-shirts, a polo shirt and a pair of khakis for $52!!!! I was amazed. Cargo shorts are normally $24.50, so we made out quite well. Overall (with the sale and my discount) we saved $84!!! Isn't that just crazy?! The sale runs until the 21st, so I encourage everyone to get out there and shop for the men in their lives. Sales like this don't come along often.

Completed Trip Reports
Old 06-11-2009, 07:50 PM   #164
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

I did my online check in today! I'm feeling really excited too! I would be more excited if my air hadn't gone out this morning. The repair man won't be here until tomorrow. At least we have a window unit that we bought after Hurricane Gustav when we didn't have power for 6 days. Right now it's cooling off our bedroom. I guess this is one way to get use to the heat we'll have in Florida.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 06-11-2009, 08:02 PM   #165
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
I did my online check in today! I'm feeling really excited too! I would be more excited if my air hadn't gone out this morning. The repair man won't be here until tomorrow. At least we have a window unit that we bought after Hurricane Gustav when we didn't have power for 6 days. Right now it's cooling off our bedroom. I guess this is one way to get use to the heat we'll have in Florida.
Awesome! I think that if we decide to do online check-in, I'll wait until 2 or 3 days before we leave. That way, we'll be able to fax over our requests to Pop before we check-in. As far as A/C, our house doesn't have it. We had it in our apt and LOVED it, now, we're adjusting.

Completed Trip Reports

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: