Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES! > disABILITIES Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2009, 08:58 PM   #16
goofy4mykids
Mouseketeer

Hi Ronda! I have been on Elavil for over a year.. It has helped a great deal It took about a month before I felt any relief. It is also a Antidepressant. I started out on 50 mg and now take a 100mg about an hr before bed. Side Effects :it helps you sleep which is a good thing and it also helps with my headaches. I still am in pain daily (feel like I have the flu) the Elavil helps me manage it.

Today with the rain was a bad day... I get real snappy with the kids when I am in pain.

This was my first winter in GA, Im glad the weather here is not supposed to be this cold.....Although it was better than NJ!!
Old 05-04-2009, 10:00 PM   #17
stampin_fool
Mouseketeer

We moved here from MA six yrs ago and it has been warmer than there. This is the first year I have been freezing during the winter. It certainly doesn't help the fibro. Does the Elavil help with the Fibrofog. I wouldn't mind if it helped me sleep since I can't seem to do that at night. Now during the day, I could fall asleep at the drop of a hat! I will have to ask my doctor about this tomorrow. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!!!

Ronda

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4mykids View Post
Hi Ronda! I have been on Elavil for over a year.. It has helped a great deal It took about a month before I felt any relief. It is also a Antidepressant. I started out on 50 mg and now take a 100mg about an hr before bed. Side Effects :it helps you sleep which is a good thing and it also helps with my headaches. I still am in pain daily (feel like I have the flu) the Elavil helps me manage it.

Today with the rain was a bad day... I get real snappy with the kids when I am in pain.

This was my first winter in GA, Im glad the weather here is not supposed to be this cold.....Although it was better than NJ!!
stampin_fool is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2009, 08:08 AM   #18
goofy4mykids
Mouseketeer

Ronda

I couldnt say about the fibro fog cause I have other issues with the brain, ie swelling and some scar tissue.

Good luck today at the Docs!

Kim
Old 05-05-2009, 03:37 PM   #19
michelle9343
DIS Veteran

I was diagnosed with Fibro 3 years ago and lupus 2 years ago. I am currently taking way too many meds and everytime i go to my rhumy he just wants to add more....My biggest triggers are stress and being over tired. I use to be the energizer bunny now I am much more like eeyore!!!!
My feet, ankles and hips hurt the most and my headaches are horrible....I started going to a massage therapist but it cost way too much and it was only temporary relief.
It is really amazing how debilitating Fibro can be.
Disney Dream Aug 24th 2012
michelle9343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:52 AM   #20
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Just checking in today. I hope everybody is having a better day today. I've been having a hard time the past couple of days. My core is still very sore from my sternum straight through to my spine. I am still short of breath and I have a pinching pain at the base of my skull that even the narcotics or naproxen won't soften. Nothing new for me really, but it's dampening my spirit because I finally have a free stretch of days to work around home to prepare for my move westward.

WHEW! Ok, I feel better now that I got that out... Now I'm going to go get to work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampin_fool View Post
HI Everyone,

I was diagnosed about a year ago and have been on Cymbalta for about 5 months with no relief in my symptoms. I am going to the doctor tomorrow to hopefully get her to give me something else to try so I am glad that I ran across this thread. I also take hydrocodone for the pain and that doesn't really help at all either. Like some of you said, I am tired of being tired and I am tired of being in pain to the point of tears some days. For those of you on the Elavil, what kind of side effect have you seen and has it helped you at all for the pain? We also live in GA but this winter has been so cold I don't think it has helped at all. Thanks.

Ronda
I was put on Cymbalta once and I just couldn't deal with it. I felt like I was crawling out of my skin so I went off of it. I am happy with my anti-depressants so I'm not sure if I should try something else?

I'm exhausted with the hydrocodone option as well, I take loritab because it has less APAP than the vicoden ex. Sometimes it gives me digestive upset too.

Quote:

I'm happy that your new home has been better for you during the winter. I know what you are talking about with the flu like symptoms. Sometimes I feel drained as though I have a fever or the flu. Hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle9343 View Post
I was diagnosed with Fibro 3 years ago and lupus 2 years ago. I am currently taking way too many meds and everytime i go to my rhumy he just wants to add more....My biggest triggers are stress and being over tired. I use to be the energizer bunny now I am much more like eeyore!!!!
My feet, ankles and hips hurt the most and my headaches are horrible....I started going to a massage therapist but it cost way too much and it was only temporary relief.
It is really amazing how debilitating Fibro can be.
Massages help me too, but they're a band-aid and it is frustrating not to be able to find a permanent solution. I got a deep tissue massage and it was HORRIBLE but the relief lasted awhile longer than a regular massage.

Boo Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:57 PM   #21
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Bear View Post
Just checking in today. I hope everybody is having a better day today. I've been having a hard time the past couple of days. My core is still very sore from my sternum straight through to my spine. I am still short of breath and I have a pinching pain at the base of my skull that even the narcotics or naproxen won't soften. Nothing new for me really, but it's dampening my spirit because I finally have a free stretch of days to work around home to prepare for my move westward.

WHEW! Ok, I feel better now that I got that out... Now I'm going to go get to work!

I was put on Cymbalta once and I just couldn't deal with it. I felt like I was crawling out of my skin so I went off of it. I am happy with my anti-depressants so I'm not sure if I should try something else?

I'm exhausted with the hydrocodone option as well, I take loritab because it has less APAP than the vicoden ex. Sometimes it gives me digestive upset too.

I'm happy that your new home has been better for you during the winter. I know what you are talking about with the flu like symptoms. Sometimes I feel drained as though I have a fever or the flu. Hang in there!

Massages help me too, but they're a band-aid and it is frustrating not to be able to find a permanent solution. I got a deep tissue massage and it was HORRIBLE but the relief lasted awhile longer than a regular massage.
It's funny--I get massages often and people are always jealous--what they don't understand is that with fibro it HURTS to get a massage--but I also am unable to move without regular massage. I am having fibro fog today--not sure why--maybe the new puppy is stressing me!

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:07 PM   #22
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
It's funny--I get massages often and people are always jealous--what they don't understand is that with fibro it HURTS to get a massage--but I also am unable to move without regular massage. I am having fibro fog today--not sure why--maybe the new puppy is stressing me!
I agree, they are mostly painful. I'm sorry you're having a rough day, puppies can be stressful but they're so cute! Bella has such a sweet face but it also says "I am up to no good!"

I'm having a much better day altogether. My mind has been sharp and focused. I went through every single stack and file of paper in my home it seems and I purged a lot of old bills and everything from before January 2009. I have two huge boxes... one labeled recycle and the other shred and each are full. It took until 3pm but I got it done! Then I strong-armed through my scrapbooking room and pulled a bunch of things to sell on ebay, made a backdrop, photographed, and now I'm about to list everything on ebay. Provided all of my campuses don't burn down in the fires, I'll have student loans and DL trips to pay for!

I'm sad to hear Cheryl is having a crummy day, I hope everyone else is having a better one!

Old 05-07-2009, 08:27 PM   #23
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

Just checking the thread out and offering support.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Stacerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:06 PM   #24
toocherie

Omigosh--took a little tumble Thursday night and yesterday was awful. Felt like I had been hit by a mack truck. Had my regular massage and lived through it--but it was really painful, especially when she worked on my left shoulder (which I unfortunately used to break my fall!) Doing better today--not nearly as sore all over--now if my fat lip will go away!

Old 05-09-2009, 04:11 PM   #25
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
Omigosh--took a little tumble Thursday night and yesterday was awful. Felt like I had been hit by a mack truck. Had my regular massage and lived through it--but it was really painful, especially when she worked on my left shoulder (which I unfortunately used to break my fall!) Doing better today--not nearly as sore all over--now if my fat lip will go away!
OUCH! Does heat help at all? Well, not for the lip but for the soreness from the fall. I'm sorry you landed on your face! That doesn't sound like a little tumble Take care of yourself and get some rest!

The weather here is rather temperamental today.... typical for Indiana in May. It can't make up it's mind. It rains and thunders when it's sunny! I did have an "ah ha!" moment just now though. Somedays I get these headaches that are unlike any other. They're right on the crown of my head and they aren't sinus or visual, and they only happen when I have my overall/general fibro annoying pain. I stopped, took a deep breath and tried to find the source. I began to massage my temples trying to find the source of tension and then it dawned on me.... I have been furrowing my brow.... it's really that simple! Silly, really. Goodness. How silly I must look when I'm out and about and my fibro gets the best of me... I walk around with a furrowed brow and people must think I'm so mean!

Old 05-09-2009, 04:33 PM   #26
toocherie

Yeah--it was between my face and the wood floor--and the wood floor won!

That is funny about the furrowed brow--like my shoulder=-the problem is this teeny tiny muscle--I wouldn't even have known it was there but for the pain.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:56 PM   #27
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

I never take those teeny tiny muscles for granted. Why is it that the smallest ones that feel like they're THIS BIG?!

Old 05-14-2009, 10:56 AM   #28
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

I hope everybody is hanging in there and that Cheryl's shoulder and face are doing better Right now my feet are tingling and asleep from the Topomax and it is absolutely killing the stress fracture problem areas, especially in my right foot. Ouch!

Old 05-14-2009, 04:48 PM   #29
goofy4mykids
Mouseketeer

Hi Bridgette , I just started the Topomax Yesterday. Do you have any side effects? TIA Kim

Last edited by goofy4mykids; 05-14-2009 at 09:37 PM.
goofy4mykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:55 PM   #30
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Bridgette , I just started the Topomax Yesterday. Do you have any side effects? TIA Kim
Yeah I have a couple. I have a funny fruity taste in my mouth but it doesn't last forever. Then my appetite is slow. My feet and hands tingle. Thats about it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: