Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES! > disABILITIES Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #1996
pitterpint23
Mouseketeer

Hey y'all. Had a rough week. My pain meds got stolen and in Ohio even with a police report you can't have them replaced. So on top of withdrawal (been on a pain regimen for two years) I've had pain.

Good news. I had my appointment with my new neurosurgeon. Great guy. I suggest Dr prevedello at THE Ohio state university if you're willing to travel for neuro problems. He showed me for the first time my MRI and the actual chiari part of my brain. Now I'm not crazy lol. But I have one more MRI to get. It is to see if there is fluid flowing behind the part of the brain being pushed on. If there is no fluid then its a straight shot to surgery January 14. If there is, I'll be tested for being diagnosed with MS.

I'm very anxious about this. But can't wait to get an idea of what's going on.

I've got a new fascination with neurosurgery. MRIs are cool to look at.

Hope everyone is staying warm and feeling well.
pitterpint23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #1997
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasita View Post
Hi everyone!!

I can't and will never understand mean girls, or mean threads... I always "try" and go with , if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing.. And feeding these people seems to give them pleasure.. They need more help than we ever will.

Sorry to hear Tigg.. We have gotten off pretty easy, for us that is... Had snow today, but less than predicted.. We are hitting a deep freeze, so that should be wonderful .. Hope your migraines ease up. Seapsray same to you as well, and everyone else

We are still in wonderful renovation land .. I have to laugh or I will .. I dust, and then there are 3 layers.. Trying to keep my eye on the prize..

The holidays are coming too quickly for my liking.. Always hard with split families, but alas it will be over..

Gentle hugs all around
Just keep thinking of what your kitchen will be like once it's all done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitterpint23 View Post
Hey y'all. Had a rough week. My pain meds got stolen and in Ohio even with a police report you can't have them replaced. So on top of withdrawal (been on a pain regimen for two years) I've had pain.

Good news. I had my appointment with my new neurosurgeon. Great guy. I suggest Dr prevedello at THE Ohio state university if you're willing to travel for neuro problems. He showed me for the first time my MRI and the actual chiari part of my brain. Now I'm not crazy lol. But I have one more MRI to get. It is to see if there is fluid flowing behind the part of the brain being pushed on. If there is no fluid then its a straight shot to surgery January 14. If there is, I'll be tested for being diagnosed with MS.

I'm very anxious about this. But can't wait to get an idea of what's going on.

I've got a new fascination with neurosurgery. MRIs are cool to look at.

Hope everyone is staying warm and feeling well.
I'm sorry you've had a rough week. Yikes, someone stole your medication?! That stinks. Can you ask your doctor for some other medication to hold you over until you can refill your regular ones??

I'm happy that you have found a great neurosurgeon. Speaking of MRIs, I went to the doctor today because I've been feeling sick and have missed the last 3 days of work. I told him all of my symptoms and he thinks I might have a virus, but then he did a few other tests, like having me follow his fingers with my eyes, touching my finger to his finger and then to my nose, etc... and at first he said he wants me to go for an MRI if I don't feel better in a few days and if I don't stop feeling dizzy, bad balance, etc... but then he decided that he wants me to go for an MRI either way. So... I'll be getting a call soon with a date to go and have that done.

Oh, and he put me out of work for the rest of the week. At least I have that worry off my shoulders for a few days.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
John Terry Craig Robby Mushu BrownFamilyVacations.com

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
SeaSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #1998
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

Pitter: I am on a pain patch now. Butron.. It is a very high narcotic, often used for Chiari too.. NOBODY can steal it, as you wear it Maybe you could try asking for that? Cause that sucks.. I know EXACTLY what you mean about not being crazy.. Chiari is a difficult diagnosis, and having an excellent surgeon is fantastic, as with everything else!

Oh SeaSpray.. Maybe they are on the right track.. At least getting the MRI done you will know... Glad that worry is off, and maybe you can relax and feel better.

Today I haven't gotten dressed, because I can't .. I had to shovel a little yesterday but more than that was cleaning off my SUV .. The snow was so heavy, and I had no option, and man today I tried to put a sweatshirt on, and it was a no go.. Tomorrow should be better

Old 12-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #1999
pitterpint23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray

Just keep thinking of what your kitchen will be like once it's all done.

I'm sorry you've had a rough week. Yikes, someone stole your medication?! That stinks. Can you ask your doctor for some other medication to hold you over until you can refill your regular ones??

I'm happy that you have found a great neurosurgeon. Speaking of MRIs, I went to the doctor today because I've been feeling sick and have missed the last 3 days of work. I told him all of my symptoms and he thinks I might have a virus, but then he did a few other tests, like having me follow his fingers with my eyes, touching my finger to his finger and then to my nose, etc... and at first he said he wants me to go for an MRI if I don't feel better in a few days and if I don't stop feeling dizzy, bad balance, etc... but then he decided that he wants me to go for an MRI either way. So... I'll be getting a call soon with a date to go and have that done.

Oh, and he put me out of work for the rest of the week. At least I have that worry off my shoulders for a few days.
Sounds like chiari to me! Honestly. Keep on it if you stay dizzy. Do you get headaches?

Pm me for my phone number. If you need to talk I'm here.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:49 PM   #2000
pitterpint23
Mouseketeer

Momma.. in Ohio its hard to ask for patches, especially at my age.. because of the 'med seeker' image. People are seriously taking 5mg percocet from others, putting it with baby formula and selling it. Its hard to get someone to take you seriously if you're in my position. I wish it were different.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:51 PM   #2001
pitterpint23
Mouseketeer

PS --

PAINSOMNIA SUCKS.
I miss sleeping in my bed with my son, snuggling up to me and spoiling him by letting him in the bed..

I miss my life.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:54 PM   #2002
pitterpint23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1girln3boys
I really don't think people can even begin to know the pain we live everyday. I hate the response "get a wheelchair". Also the fatigue is unbearable at times . Yes this weather can make it all worse.
I've had pain most of my life just didn't know why. I've learned to just live with it but know that I know why and can control it to a degree it's nice.
Amen sista. Coping with pain is so much different than living with less pain. Dealing with it is something I've learned to do, but ignorance is bliss and people question my placard. 'But you don't look sick....'

...well you don't look ignorant.. but... well...
Old 12-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #2003
rosanab1031
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Amen sista. Coping with pain is so much different than living with less pain. Dealing with it is something I've learned to do, but ignorance is bliss and people question my placard. 'But you don't look sick....'

...well you don't look ignorant.. but... well...
AHAHAHAHA! I posted something almost identical to this just a couple months back when a woman was seriously YELLING at me for parking in a handicap space -_- I have plates dangit! I held my tongue with the insults (bc with my luck she will probably turn out to be a parent of one of my students) and just told her to educate herself on invisible disabilities. So... in a way I insinuated she was ignorant with actually saying it out right. Haha.

The cold weather kills me. I have been late to work EVERY day this week bc morning just suck. It's cold and I'm achey

With the wheelchair thing I know how that is too. But I don't want my friends or family who also have their own issues to have to push me around all day so I make it through with my cane and some ibuprofen. Maybe some vicodin on the really bad days.

Stolen meds must stink. I know how I feel when my meds go missing but its usually because I lose them or my bf takes them all! Grr. Anyway that's total BS that even with a police report they won't replace them. That should really be an exception. Hopefully you will be able to get something to get some relief.

Well I still have tons to do! I can't believe its almost Christmas! AHHH!

Much love and many pain free hugs to all
Old 12-11-2013, 10:38 PM   #2004
pitterpint23
Mouseketeer

So. I found out tonight that i have a new DX.

I'm 24 and have been diagnosed with MS.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:16 PM   #2005
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

Are they 100% sure on the MS.. I have had that diagnosis 3x, and then it wasn't..

The good news , if that is what it is, it is manageable, and not a death sentence.. Never fun or what you want to hear though..
Old 12-12-2013, 06:35 AM   #2006
1girln3boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So. I found out tonight that i have a new DX. I'm 24 and have been diagnosed with MS.
Hugs. I'm so sorry to hear that.

Me: 38 DH: 39 DD 16 DS 14 DS 8 DS 6

Past Disney Trips:
First Family Trip Pop Century: June 6-11 2011
All Star Sports: May 31st-June 9th 2012
1girln3boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:42 AM   #2007
SeaSpray

Call me "impatient"

Quote:
Sounds like chiari to me! Honestly. Keep on it if you stay dizzy. Do you get headaches?

Pm me for my phone number. If you need to talk I'm here.
I do get headaches, and they've been worse lately. I'm scheduled for an MRI this afternoon, so then I guess I'll have to wait until my doctor gets the report from them before I find out any news. Hopefully they'll look at my brain and not find anything. Get it? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosanab1031 View Post
AHAHAHAHA! I posted something almost identical to this just a couple months back when a woman was seriously YELLING at me for parking in a handicap space -_- I have plates dangit! I held my tongue with the insults (bc with my luck she will probably turn out to be a parent of one of my students) and just told her to educate herself on invisible disabilities. So... in a way I insinuated she was ignorant with actually saying it out right. Haha.

The cold weather kills me. I have been late to work EVERY day this week bc morning just suck. It's cold and I'm achey

With the wheelchair thing I know how that is too. But I don't want my friends or family who also have their own issues to have to push me around all day so I make it through with my cane and some ibuprofen. Maybe some vicodin on the really bad days.

Stolen meds must stink. I know how I feel when my meds go missing but its usually because I lose them or my bf takes them all! Grr. Anyway that's total BS that even with a police report they won't replace them. That should really be an exception. Hopefully you will be able to get something to get some relief.

Well I still have tons to do! I can't believe its almost Christmas! AHHH!

The cold weather is the worst! I'd really be suffering if I had to go in to work this week. As it is, I'm not looking forward to leaving the house for the MRI later on. I could easily become agoraphobic.

Quote:

Awww, I am so sorry to hear this. *HUGS* What is the course of treatment, if any??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasita View Post
Are they 100% sure on the MS.. I have had that diagnosis 3x, and then it wasn't..

The good news , if that is what it is, it is manageable, and not a death sentence.. Never fun or what you want to hear though..
I've heard that people with all of the different symptoms like many of us have can be misdiagnosed because so many things have symptoms that overlap with each other.

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
Old 12-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #2008
rosanab1031
Mouseketeer

Quote:

So sorry to hear this hun Hopefully they are sure and can get your started on the appropriate treatment

With the cold weather I definitely need to be going into the chiropractor and accupuncturist once a week. I really need to start exercising again too But that is at least the plan for me and my sister. Gotta get back into shape and hopefully get my energy back up. I love the winter but it definitely makes me want to go into hibernation mode. Lol.

Not much else going on with me. Typically tomorrow would be my last day of work before winter break but the district decided to change our schedule So I have all of next week and then break time! YAY!

Old 12-14-2013, 08:07 PM   #2009
SeaSpray

Call me "impatient"

Just popping in to complain about the fact that I have a bad cold right now. *Achooo!!!!*

I'm supposed to go back to work tomorrow, but with the snow that we're supposed to get tonight, and with the way that I feel, I don't think I'll be going in. I can't imagine having to talk to customers non-stop for 5 hours.

I hope everyone is ok.

[/center]
Old 12-14-2013, 11:58 PM   #2010
rosanab1031
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray
Just popping in to complain about the fact that I have a bad cold right now. *Achooo!!!!*

I'm supposed to go back to work tomorrow, but with the snow that we're supposed to get tonight, and with the way that I feel, I don't think I'll be going in. I can't imagine having to talk to customers non-stop for 5 hours.

I hope everyone is ok.

Yeah there is definitely something going around. Sorry you got it

Well I had an interesting day. Had to call the cops on someone who was harassing me about parking in a handicap spot with my placard properly displayed. I've never been so infuriated. I really wanted to punch him in his asinine face! Ugh! Anyway the cops took too long and the guy left but the cop who showed up was super nice and gave me her card so I could call her directly if he came back. Anyway since the incident I've had a horrible migraine. Gonna go to bed now. The weather in CA keeps bouncing around and it's wreaking havoc on my body

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: