Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Our Anniversary Week at the Happiest Place on Earth!! TR DONE 8/30 SOUVENIR POST SOON

Hi everyone!! Welcome to my very first trip report! Me and photobucket just got in a really big fight as I tried to download my over 800 pictures on to the site but I think I finally won. Some of you are new around here and some of you aren't so for the newbies let me introduce the cast of this trip and give a little background info. Here we go!

My boyfriend Chris (24)

and me, Kristen (21)

just got back from spending an AMAZING, WONDERFUL, MARVELOUS, PERFECT week at Walt Disney World for our 2 year anniversary! (dating anniversary not wedding anniversary, obviously ) We went April 19-26 after over a year of planning and anticipation. For more pre-trip info you can check out my PTR here.

So this is a short start, I know but I promise I'll be back later tonight to give a real update! Check back later for Day 1 Part 1, the never ending flights from NY to Orlando! Thanks for reading everyone
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Last edited by xoktenox; 08-30-2009 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:26 PM   #2
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Hey hun, I'm here!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2009, 06:45 PM   #3
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

YIPPY SKIPPY! I'm excited!! I'm glad you started it.. I'll check back tomorrow for the update!
Old 04-29-2009, 07:03 PM   #4
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Hey,
looking forward to your report.
At first I thought you were the couple
that took our picture minerature golfing,
but I see you came to WDW the day we left.
This girl was taking a ton of pictures of the Winterwonder Land golfing and they had
anniversary pins on.
I so wanted to ask her if she was a DIS member,
but I chickened out.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:10 PM   #6
DiamondDiva305
Mouseketeer

I'm here i'm here

Old 04-29-2009, 07:36 PM   #7
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I'm here!!! Love the photo of you in the mouse ears!
Old 04-29-2009, 07:53 PM   #8
cnorth
Disneycrazy!

Oh, yay! I'm getting in on the beginning. I can't wait to hear about your trip. We have our first adult only in a month!
Old 04-29-2009, 08:07 PM   #9
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Kristen!!!!!!!! Welcome home and I am glad you started your TR!!!
Old 04-29-2009, 08:20 PM   #10
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

i'm here! can't wait to hear all about it. you guys are too cute.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:15 PM   #11
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

OK! I've been slacking from the DIS but I'm here and hopefully not too far behind! I'm going to read now!
Old 04-29-2009, 09:26 PM   #12
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Hey hun, I'm here!
Yayyy my BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAusty View Post
YIPPY SKIPPY! I'm excited!! I'm glad you started it.. I'll check back tomorrow for the update!
Hey girl!! Thanks for coming over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
Hey,
looking forward to your report.
At first I thought you were the couple
that took our picture minerature golfing,
but I see you came to WDW the day we left.
This girl was taking a ton of pictures of the Winterwonder Land golfing and they had
anniversary pins on.
I so wanted to ask her if she was a DIS member,
but I chickened out.
Glad you're here! Thats funny that you thought it was me, I took tons of pictures so I can see why you may have gotten confused

You should have asked the girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
I'm here I'm here!!! Can't wait to read all about it!!!
Thanks for coming over Tammy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondDiva305 View Post
I'm here i'm here
Glad you're here! You leave soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I'm here!!! Love the photo of you in the mouse ears!
Aww thanks CP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnorth View Post
Oh, yay! I'm getting in on the beginning. I can't wait to hear about your trip. We have our first adult only in a month!
A new-comer! Thanks for joining in, you're right on time

So cool you leave in a month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Kristen!!!!!!!! Welcome home and I am glad you started your TR!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
i'm here! can't wait to hear all about it. you guys are too cute.
Thanks Dawn! I just facebook friend requested you so you'll get a sneak peek at the pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy22 View Post
OK! I've been slacking from the DIS but I'm here and hopefully not too far behind! I'm going to read now!
Thats alright! You're right on time!
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 04-29-2009, 09:27 PM   #13
redlight
DIS Veteran

I'm in!
Old 04-29-2009, 09:31 PM   #14
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Can you just put like one picture up before you go to bed?!
Old 04-29-2009, 09:49 PM   #15
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Soooo lets get this show on the road! Literally! Let's start with the day before we left, Saturday. Chris didn't get home from work until about 7:30pm but it was alright because he was already packed. I on the other hand had been writing papers for school like a maniac for 2 weeks before we left so after working 9-2, I came home, edited my last paper, emailed it to my professor and got to packing. Boy, let me tell you, I can pack! Seriously by the end of the week I had about 7 extra shirts, 4 extra shorts/capris/jeans and 2 pairs of flip flops with us that I never even wore! Anyway, I was really nervous that my bag was going to be over the 50lbs limit. Would it be?

So around 8:30 I headed to Chris's where we made Mexican lasagna for dinner. Actually I stole the recipe from Dawn (punkin413) on her TR. Thanks Dawn! Chris, his brother and I worked together (with relatively little arguing, might I add) and devoured it! After dinner I helped Chris pack up a few more things and then headed home to try and get some sleep!

I had my alarm set for 2:50am which came wayyyy too soon. I got up, showered, woke my dad up since he was driving us and got myself ready. After throwing a couple more necessities into my suitcase and carry-on, we were off to go pick up Chris at his house! He lives less than 5 minutes away from me so by 3:50 we were on the road to the airport. Chris fell asleep, of course, while I stayed up talking to my dad. The drive is about an hour or so into JFK airport from my house out on Long Island. We get to JFK at 4:45...it was PACKED!! We expected it to be empty but seriously, there was barely even any room on the sidewalk for us to get through, into the building. We wanted to do curbside bag check since I had checked us in for the flight online but it was so busy outside that the luggage guy was yelling "Go inside to check bags!" to everyone. So, inside we went. After a painless trek through the bag check and security we were through!

We stopped into one of the little stores inside the airport to get some magazines and snacks for the plane. We weren't hungry yet but we knew we would be since the planes don't even serve food anymore on them. We both got apple juice, I got an US weekly magazine and some Teddy Grahams and Chris got one of his car magazines. We picked up some gum too since we knew WDW wouldnt have any. We walk into our terminal and to our surprise we run into our friend that used to work in the supermarket with us! She and her cousin and some friends were on their way to Cabo and ended up being on the same flight as us to Atlanta. I haven't seen her in months and it was so random to see her at 5:30 in the morning at the airport. I decided to whip out the camera starting right about NOW.

Here's some planes on the tarmac outside

And Chris looking OH SO HAPPY to be up bright and early for the flight

Finally we boarded and got to our seats. Everything is looking good until we saw this....

Chris just reminded me that he spotted that. "I was the hero," he just said to me We took a picture of it as proof in case the plane went down. We had it all planned out how if we started to go down we would make sure the camera came with us so we could sue Delta when we lived through the ordeal We're nuts! So finally, we were off! We were on our way to Disney World!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: