Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2009, 10:24 PM   #91
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

OK so I don't know all the specifics as to what kind of rates I get as a cast member but it still has my wheels turning.

I def wanna try and plan this trip for November. Maybe without the US stuff and sve it for another time.

But I am thinking of going Solo in March....

Question is....if you had a CM discount... where would you stay???????

Solo I'm thinking Moderate but with the group i dunno.....

HELP PLEASE!!!!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 06-28-2009, 02:14 AM   #92
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

I'd start with where I haven't stayed yet. I like to try new places.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2009, 02:20 PM   #93
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Well that list is certainly shorter than the "have stayed" list.....

Resorts I have NOT stayed at.
  • The Poly
  • Contemporary
  • Grand Floridian
  • Beach or Yacht Club
  • All Star Movies
  • All Star Sports
  • Wilderness Lodge
  • Animal Kingdom lodge
  • Swan
  • Dolphin

I think thats it.....

That help at all????

My Disney Princess, Lily

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 06-28-2009, 06:50 PM   #94
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

I suppose it all depends on how "good" your CM discount is. But if you're able, I'd vote deluxe!!

Old 06-28-2009, 10:48 PM   #95
debraW76
DIS Veteran

What is your favorite park? I love MK so I would try to stay Poly
Old 06-29-2009, 12:22 PM   #96
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

DH says Poly all the way...it's my dream resort. Once I ask more questions I will make a better decision. That would be for the group trip....

But where would you stay solo???

I might be leaning towards CSR.

My Disney Princess, Lily

Old 06-29-2009, 12:59 PM   #97
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
Well that list is certainly shorter than the "have stayed" list.....

Resorts I have NOT stayed at.
  • The Poly
  • Contemporary
  • Grand Floridian
  • Beach or Yacht Club
  • All Star Movies
  • All Star Sports
  • Wilderness Lodge
  • Animal Kingdom lodge
  • Swan
  • Dolphin

I think thats it.....

That help at all????
I would go deluxe if the discount was cool. It looks like you have never stayed in a deluxe and, if the budget fits, go for it. My vote is for Grand Floridian or Beach/Yacht Club. If not, a moderate to revisit would be just as nice.

I don't know if the Swan/Dolphin will accept the CM discounts?

As for solo, I did POFQ and it was relaxing. I wanted to do CSR for my December solo trip (I think I'm going...), but Pop Warner kids are supposed to be staying there and that's so not gonna happen.

So, perhaps, it's back to POFQ. Hopefully, I'll have it figured out by the end of August.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:59 PM   #98
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I'd maybe give the Swan/Dolphin a chance.
We walked in there for directions to Fantasia Minerature golf and we saw lots of business type people there for conventions. Felt a little underdressed.

2nd choice would be Wilderness Lodge.

I used to think I like CSR-but after eating at the PepperMarket last April, blech.

How come no one ever mentions Carribean Resort.

I did some major cleaning this weekend, and found the package I was suppose to mail to you. I never addressed it, and I cleaned out all my PM"s again. Can you PM me your addie again. Sorry.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:40 PM   #99
mla1977
I dream of living in Bay Lake Tower for the rest of my life!

Kat, I stayed to the Dolphin in 2007. I believe that my TR from that trip has pictures of the resort. I love the area.
4/87; 12/94; 8/00: DLP; 3/02; 5/06: DLR; 5/07: AS Sports/Dolphin TR; 2/08 SoCal/DLR TR; 6/08 CR/Pop PTR, 3/09 Princess Half; August AS Movies, 1/10: Marathon Weekend ; 3/10 Princess Half; 8/10 OKW; 10/10 offsite; 12/10 Poly; 1/11 BLT/CSR/AKV; 2/11 offsite
Old 06-29-2009, 04:12 PM   #100
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
I would go deluxe if the discount was cool. It looks like you have never stayed in a deluxe and, if the budget fits, go for it. My vote is for Grand Floridian or Beach/Yacht Club. If not, a moderate to revisit would be just as nice.

I don't know if the Swan/Dolphin will accept the CM discounts?

As for solo, I did POFQ and it was relaxing. I wanted to do CSR for my December solo trip (I think I'm going...), but Pop Warner kids are supposed to be staying there and that's so not gonna happen.

So, perhaps, it's back to POFQ. Hopefully, I'll have it figured out by the end of August.
I think the discount works for the swolphin (i love calling it that). I don't think I'd ever stay there tho. I dunno.

We did POFQ for our honeymoon and DH wants to go back so I am sort of saving it for him, but i loved it there.

I am gettign excited about a solo trip. I also realized I am about to meet a carp load of Disney freaks at work, and maybe traveling together is an option!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
I'd maybe give the Swan/Dolphin a chance.
We walked in there for directions to Fantasia Minerature golf and we saw lots of business type people there for conventions. Felt a little underdressed.

2nd choice would be Wilderness Lodge.

I used to think I like CSR-but after eating at the PepperMarket last April, blech.

How come no one ever mentions Carribean Resort.

I did some major cleaning this weekend, and found the package I was suppose to mail to you. I never addressed it, and I cleaned out all my PM"s again. Can you PM me your addie again. Sorry.
Just PMed you.

I LOVED the pepper market, but most don't.

We stayed at CBR and it was ncie but the only way I';d stay again is preferred room because ours was sooooo far from anything it was a hike everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mla1977 View Post
Kat, I stayed to the Dolphin in 2007. I believe that my TR from that trip has pictures of the resort. I love the area.
I lvoe the boardwalk area in general and think if i do deluxe i am leaning towards beach club since its so close to Epcot and thats my fav!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Old 07-02-2009, 10:16 PM   #101
debraW76
DIS Veteran

The magic kingdom is my favorite resort followed by EPCOT. Therefore if I had a choice I would stay in one of the monorail resorts. My first choice would be the Poly.

When you say solo- do you mean without KC and you are meeting others down there, or do you mean solo-solo as in by yourself the whole time? Because I would think (for me) that would factor in as well. If I was splitting the cost with someone then i would def go deluxe, if not then i would probably try to go moderate (or even value).
Old 07-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #102
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

If money was no object I'd do Beach Club, I know I'm staying at the GF in December but I'm not paying so had to choose most expensive I just love the feel of the Boardwalk!

Saying that the new rooms at CSR are beautiful, very deluxe looking for a smaller price, I even had turn down service when I stayed there
Old 07-03-2009, 10:43 PM   #103
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

I'm with Jo. Solo at the Beach Club.

Of course you know my fav. is AKL!!!!! But it is so far out of the way for a solo.

On third thought, I like what Deb said about staying on the rail ....... If I could get a good discount and was alone......... Contemporary!

Yeah, I'm a big help, huh??!!

Old 07-03-2009, 11:28 PM   #104
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debraW76 View Post
The magic kingdom is my favorite resort followed by EPCOT. Therefore if I had a choice I would stay in one of the monorail resorts. My first choice would be the Poly.

When you say solo- do you mean without KC and you are meeting others down there, or do you mean solo-solo as in by yourself the whole time? Because I would think (for me) that would factor in as well. If I was splitting the cost with someone then i would def go deluxe, if not then i would probably try to go moderate (or even value).
I mean solo-solo. I went last August alone for a few days and had a GREAT time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
If money was no object I'd do Beach Club, I know I'm staying at the GF in December but I'm not paying so had to choose most expensive I just love the feel of the Boardwalk!

Saying that the new rooms at CSR are beautiful, very deluxe looking for a smaller price, I even had turn down service when I stayed there
The more I contemplate it all, I keep thinking I will end up at CSR or ASMovies if I'm alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
I'm with Jo. Solo at the Beach Club.

Of course you know my fav. is AKL!!!!! But it is so far out of the way for a solo.

On third thought, I like what Deb said about staying on the rail ....... If I could get a good discount and was alone......... Contemporary!

Yeah, I'm a big help, huh??!!
I just need to win the lotto lol.

My Disney Princess, Lily

Old 07-03-2009, 11:43 PM   #105
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Sssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I think I have completely changed my mind as to what our NEXT Disney trip will be!

I still am hoping my CM discount can get me the trip of all of our dreams-in November...I have to find out more on that...but WAY before that comes mine and KC's 5th wedding anniversary. My first thought was I will take him for a couple of days and surprise him. We will stay at POFQ like we did on our honeymoon. Lots of other thoughts flooded my brain...Cali Grill dinner...Narcoossee's....and other such spiffy places for our anniversary. I ahve a million ideas...

Then it morphed into something even better.

I was looking at pics of my friend lifelong_dreamer 's TR (Hi Lessa!)from her land & sea adventure and KC saw some of the pics over my shoulder and said "You get the discount on the land & sea stuff too?". That was enough for me!!

Starting with my first paycheck I am going to put aside a bit of extra money and save up for a land and sea anniversary extravaganza for Feb 2010!!!!!!

So now we need to plan....HELP!!!!!!!!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: