Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-27-2009, 10:24 PM   #91
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.
 
KatGarcia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 5,475

Thanks for the birthday wishes.


OK so I don't know all the specifics as to what kind of rates I get as a cast member but it still has my wheels turning.

I def wanna try and plan this trip for November. Maybe without the US stuff and sve it for another time.

But I am thinking of going Solo in March....

Question is....if you had a CM discount... where would you stay???????

Solo I'm thinking Moderate but with the group i dunno.....

HELP PLEASE!!!!
__________________

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*



KatGarcia is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 02:14 AM   #92
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!
 
lazydoxy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Central Indiana, rural home
Posts: 1,731

I'd start with where I haven't stayed yet. I like to try new places.
__________________
Kristel---

lazydoxy66 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-28-2009, 02:20 PM   #93
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.
 
KatGarcia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 5,475

Well that list is certainly shorter than the "have stayed" list.....


Resorts I have NOT stayed at.
  • The Poly
  • Contemporary
  • Grand Floridian
  • Beach or Yacht Club
  • All Star Movies
  • All Star Sports
  • Wilderness Lodge
  • Animal Kingdom lodge
  • Swan
  • Dolphin

I think thats it.....

That help at all????
__________________

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*



KatGarcia is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 06:50 PM   #94
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
2xcited2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,315

I suppose it all depends on how "good" your CM discount is. But if you're able, I'd vote deluxe!!
__________________
Christine

2xcited2sleep is online now  
Old 06-28-2009, 10:48 PM   #95
debraW76
DIS Veteran
 
debraW76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,791

What is your favorite park? I love MK so I would try to stay Poly
__________________
I'm Mu - My husband, Zeta - Alpha (10) - Chi (9) - Omicron (8) - Delta (7) - Tao (4)
debraW76 is offline  
Old 06-29-2009, 12:22 PM   #96
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.
 
KatGarcia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 5,475

DH says Poly all the way...it's my dream resort. Once I ask more questions I will make a better decision. That would be for the group trip....


But where would you stay solo???

I might be leaning towards CSR.
__________________

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*



KatGarcia is offline  
Old 06-29-2009, 12:59 PM   #97
MyMuse
From here...to there!
 
MyMuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)
Posts: 3,382

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
Well that list is certainly shorter than the "have stayed" list.....


Resorts I have NOT stayed at.
  • The Poly
  • Contemporary
  • Grand Floridian
  • Beach or Yacht Club
  • All Star Movies
  • All Star Sports
  • Wilderness Lodge
  • Animal Kingdom lodge
  • Swan
  • Dolphin

I think thats it.....

That help at all????
I would go deluxe if the discount was cool. It looks like you have never stayed in a deluxe and, if the budget fits, go for it. My vote is for Grand Floridian or Beach/Yacht Club. If not, a moderate to revisit would be just as nice.

I don't know if the Swan/Dolphin will accept the CM discounts?

As for solo, I did POFQ and it was relaxing. I wanted to do CSR for my December solo trip (I think I'm going...), but Pop Warner kids are supposed to be staying there and that's so not gonna happen.

So, perhaps, it's back to POFQ. Hopefully, I'll have it figured out by the end of August.
__________________
My Twitter: @MyMuse18
D23's Geek of Week for April 12, 2012!
MyMuse is offline  
Old 06-29-2009, 12:59 PM   #98
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: WI USA
Posts: 13,589
DISboards Moderator

I'd maybe give the Swan/Dolphin a chance.
We walked in there for directions to Fantasia Minerature golf and we saw lots of business type people there for conventions. Felt a little underdressed.

2nd choice would be Wilderness Lodge.

I used to think I like CSR-but after eating at the PepperMarket last April, blech.

How come no one ever mentions Carribean Resort.


I did some major cleaning this weekend, and found the package I was suppose to mail to you. I never addressed it, and I cleaned out all my PM"s again. Can you PM me your addie again. Sorry.
OhMari is offline  
Old 06-29-2009, 02:40 PM   #99
mla1977
I dream of living in Bay Lake Tower for the rest of my life!
 
mla1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,105

Kat, I stayed to the Dolphin in 2007. I believe that my TR from that trip has pictures of the resort. I love the area.
__________________
4/87; 12/94; 8/00: DLP; 3/02; 5/06: DLR; 5/07: AS Sports/Dolphin TR; 2/08 SoCal/DLR TR; 6/08 CR/Pop PTR, 3/09 Princess Half; August AS Movies, 1/10: Marathon Weekend ; 3/10 Princess Half; 8/10 OKW; 10/10 offsite; 12/10 Poly; 1/11 BLT/CSR/AKV; 2/11 offsite
mla1977 is offline  
Old 06-29-2009, 04:12 PM   #100
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.
 
KatGarcia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 5,475

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
I would go deluxe if the discount was cool. It looks like you have never stayed in a deluxe and, if the budget fits, go for it. My vote is for Grand Floridian or Beach/Yacht Club. If not, a moderate to revisit would be just as nice.

I don't know if the Swan/Dolphin will accept the CM discounts?

As for solo, I did POFQ and it was relaxing. I wanted to do CSR for my December solo trip (I think I'm going...), but Pop Warner kids are supposed to be staying there and that's so not gonna happen.

So, perhaps, it's back to POFQ. Hopefully, I'll have it figured out by the end of August.
I think the discount works for the swolphin (i love calling it that). I don't think I'd ever stay there tho. I dunno.

We did POFQ for our honeymoon and DH wants to go back so I am sort of saving it for him, but i loved it there.

I am gettign excited about a solo trip. I also realized I am about to meet a carp load of Disney freaks at work, and maybe traveling together is an option!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
I'd maybe give the Swan/Dolphin a chance.
We walked in there for directions to Fantasia Minerature golf and we saw lots of business type people there for conventions. Felt a little underdressed.

2nd choice would be Wilderness Lodge.

I used to think I like CSR-but after eating at the PepperMarket last April, blech.

How come no one ever mentions Carribean Resort.


I did some major cleaning this weekend, and found the package I was suppose to mail to you. I never addressed it, and I cleaned out all my PM"s again. Can you PM me your addie again. Sorry.
Just PMed you.

I LOVED the pepper market, but most don't.

We stayed at CBR and it was ncie but the only way I';d stay again is preferred room because ours was sooooo far from anything it was a hike everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mla1977 View Post
Kat, I stayed to the Dolphin in 2007. I believe that my TR from that trip has pictures of the resort. I love the area.
I lvoe the boardwalk area in general and think if i do deluxe i am leaning towards beach club since its so close to Epcot and thats my fav!
__________________

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*



KatGarcia is offline  
Old 07-02-2009, 10:16 PM   #101
debraW76
DIS Veteran
 
debraW76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,791

The magic kingdom is my favorite resort followed by EPCOT. Therefore if I had a choice I would stay in one of the monorail resorts. My first choice would be the Poly.

When you say solo- do you mean without KC and you are meeting others down there, or do you mean solo-solo as in by yourself the whole time? Because I would think (for me) that would factor in as well. If I was splitting the cost with someone then i would def go deluxe, if not then i would probably try to go moderate (or even value).
__________________
I'm Mu - My husband, Zeta - Alpha (10) - Chi (9) - Omicron (8) - Delta (7) - Tao (4)
debraW76 is offline  
Old 07-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #102
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss
 
DisneyJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 19,716

If money was no object I'd do Beach Club, I know I'm staying at the GF in December but I'm not paying so had to choose most expensive I just love the feel of the Boardwalk!

Saying that the new rooms at CSR are beautiful, very deluxe looking for a smaller price, I even had turn down service when I stayed there
DisneyJo is offline  
Old 07-03-2009, 10:43 PM   #103
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!
 
lazydoxy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Central Indiana, rural home
Posts: 1,731

I'm with Jo. Solo at the Beach Club.

Of course you know my fav. is AKL!!!!! But it is so far out of the way for a solo.

On third thought, I like what Deb said about staying on the rail ....... If I could get a good discount and was alone......... Contemporary!

Yeah, I'm a big help, huh??!!
__________________
Kristel---

lazydoxy66 is offline  
Old 07-03-2009, 11:28 PM   #104
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.
 
KatGarcia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 5,475

Quote:
Originally Posted by debraW76 View Post
The magic kingdom is my favorite resort followed by EPCOT. Therefore if I had a choice I would stay in one of the monorail resorts. My first choice would be the Poly.

When you say solo- do you mean without KC and you are meeting others down there, or do you mean solo-solo as in by yourself the whole time? Because I would think (for me) that would factor in as well. If I was splitting the cost with someone then i would def go deluxe, if not then i would probably try to go moderate (or even value).
I mean solo-solo. I went last August alone for a few days and had a GREAT time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
If money was no object I'd do Beach Club, I know I'm staying at the GF in December but I'm not paying so had to choose most expensive I just love the feel of the Boardwalk!

Saying that the new rooms at CSR are beautiful, very deluxe looking for a smaller price, I even had turn down service when I stayed there
The more I contemplate it all, I keep thinking I will end up at CSR or ASMovies if I'm alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
I'm with Jo. Solo at the Beach Club.

Of course you know my fav. is AKL!!!!! But it is so far out of the way for a solo.

On third thought, I like what Deb said about staying on the rail ....... If I could get a good discount and was alone......... Contemporary!

Yeah, I'm a big help, huh??!!
I just need to win the lotto lol.
__________________

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*



KatGarcia is offline  
Old 07-03-2009, 11:43 PM   #105
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.
 
KatGarcia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 5,475

Sssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I think I have completely changed my mind as to what our NEXT Disney trip will be!

I still am hoping my CM discount can get me the trip of all of our dreams-in November...I have to find out more on that...but WAY before that comes mine and KC's 5th wedding anniversary. My first thought was I will take him for a couple of days and surprise him. We will stay at POFQ like we did on our honeymoon. Lots of other thoughts flooded my brain...Cali Grill dinner...Narcoossee's....and other such spiffy places for our anniversary. I ahve a million ideas...

Then it morphed into something even better.

I was looking at pics of my friend lifelong_dreamer 's TR (Hi Lessa!)from her land & sea adventure and KC saw some of the pics over my shoulder and said "You get the discount on the land & sea stuff too?". That was enough for me!!

Starting with my first paycheck I am going to put aside a bit of extra money and save up for a land and sea anniversary extravaganza for Feb 2010!!!!!!





So now we need to plan....HELP!!!!!!!!
__________________

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*



KatGarcia is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Disboutiquers Part 13 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew teresajoy Disney for Families 3746 06-04-2009 07:36 PM
Brother & Sister, WL, AKL, and Parents on a Disney Cruise! We're off!!! 5/8!! Nicole786 Completed Trip Reports 372 05-19-2009 07:09 AM
Any embarassing moments on Disney cruises? CatManDoo Disney Cruise Line Forum 61 04-30-2009 08:14 AM
New to Southern California; planning a trip for April 2010; help! amashstat Disneyland (California) 3 04-27-2009 12:18 AM
does disney's grand have coffee pots and fridges in the standard rooms? urquie Disneyland (California) 6 04-26-2009 11:26 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.