Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2009, 11:27 AM   #31
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacybaeasm View Post
Have you thought about renting points from a DVC person and getting a 2 bedroom suite? There should be room there for all of you. And Old Key West has really big 2 bedroom suites for the least amount of points. Just something to think about if you all want to stay together.
I am thinking of that actually. We had a great time all together last time.

Anyone know what the rack rates are? I'm, sure it's astronomical, but it can't hurt to be in the know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Absolutely nothing first-hand, but Royal Pacific has been calling me for years! Look around on the DIS for reviews and pics - it looks guuud!

Sorry - it's gonna need a major refurb before I can recommend it in good concsience.

My thoughts exactly. I think you'd have SOOO much more fun in a 2 bedroom DVC!
The only US hotel I have been to is The Hard Rock. I def have to do some research on RP, I have heard good things and can get the low down from Janet after August too.

Any suggestions of where to get the 2 bedroom?

Will the tree house villas be done by then... that could be awesome.

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 05-06-2009, 09:05 AM   #32
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I think the treehouse villas are already taking reservatioons for this coming up winter.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2009, 07:38 AM   #33
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

A 2 bed sounds like a great idea, otherwise the newly refurbed rooms at CSR are gorgeous!
Old 05-07-2009, 03:19 PM   #34
debraW76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
Why thanks! Yep wrestling is what did me in, 6 years of getting dropped on your back a lot is not good for you, in case you didn't know. LOL. I basically traveled the tri state area doing it. Anywhere I could, I did wrestle.'
Sorry, I'm still stuck on this wrestling thing. Was it the stuff I see on TV?

Quote:
Unless someone else has any suggestions?!

Discuss...
Are you wanting to divide up your trip- stay a few nights at US then a few at WDW?

We are staying at the HRH in September so I will be able to give a review after that. I vote with everyone else on renting DVC points if you can afford it. Otherwise I'd go with POFQ!
Old 05-07-2009, 10:40 PM   #35
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I think the treehouse villas are already taking reservatioons for this coming up winter.
That could be really fun. They will probably be hard to get tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
A 2 bed sounds like a great idea, otherwise the newly refurbed rooms at CSR are gorgeous!
Yea they do look gorgeous. I loved CSR, my fav of the mods actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debraW76 View Post
Are you wanting to divide up your trip- stay a few nights at US then a few at WDW?

We are staying at the HRH in September so I will be able to give a review after that. I vote with everyone else on renting DVC points if you can afford it. Otherwise I'd go with POFQ!
Yep we are gonna do a few 2 days I think at US then prob 6 or so at WDW. I def can't wait to hear about the HRH!

Quote:
Sorry, I'm still stuck on this wrestling thing. Was it the stuff I see on TV?
LOL it's ok. Yep just like what's on tv, but on a smaller scale. Same story lines and managers and what not. I did it for about 6 years. First as a referee, then a manager then a wrestler. I had to train and work up to the actual wrestling part. It was a wacky time, but I have great stories to tell me kids/grandkids and video tapes to prove it too!

Here's some pics for a good laugh....

Yep it's a dollar bill stapled to my head...it was sort of my thing that I was tougher than the other girls and could take it. crazy i know.

Feel free to ask questions.

My Disney Princess, Lily

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 05-08-2009, 04:45 AM   #36
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Kat how come I can't view the nice photos you post yet as soon as you post that one of the stapled forehead I can see it
Old 05-08-2009, 08:20 AM   #37
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Any suggestions of where to get the 2 bedroom?
My first vote would be OKW, just based on size. LOTS of room in those! Second would be AKV, because I believe they have an extra bathroom.

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 05-08-2009, 12:17 PM   #38
debraW76
DIS Veteran

OMG KAt!! Loved the photos. I'm just grinnin from ear to ear now! The pictures speak thousands of words.

The look on the woman's face that you were picking up was priceless

and the one of you with the chamo headband....well let's just say you are one hot mama!

You stapling a dollar to your forehead is just hysterical
Old 05-08-2009, 02:34 PM   #39
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Kat how come I can't view the nice photos you post yet as soon as you post that one of the stapled forehead I can see it
Figures lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
My first vote would be OKW, just based on size. LOTS of room in those! Second would be AKV, because I believe they have an extra bathroom.
OOOO good to know! I really know nothing about 2 bedrooms...I need to peruse allears for some pics and info.

Quote:
OMG KAt!! Loved the photos. I'm just grinnin from ear to ear now! The pictures speak thousands of words.

The look on the woman's face that you were picking up was priceless

and the one of you with the chamo headband....well let's just say you are one hot mama!

You stapling a dollar to your forehead is just hysterical
LOL Glad to entertain. It was fun, for the most part. The now hurt and aches not so much but back then it was great.

My Disney Princess, Lily

Old 05-09-2009, 11:37 PM   #40
debraW76
DIS Veteran

Hey Kat. I need your advice on something (off topic). if you want to PM me with your answer that is ok, otherwise I will just hijack your thread My niece is going to NYC for graduation the end of May. She is also my babysitter. I usually give money to my nieces and nephews at graduation but was thinking of actually shopping for a gift this time LOL! Is there anything one might need as a tourist in NYC (besides a handgun LOL). I don't know what all they are planning on doing but I am sure it is the stuff all tourists do.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:34 AM   #41
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

I can't help on the resort. I've been looking at US too. Royal Pacific called to me like it did V. You know I like the PO resorts. That's all I have for ya'.

I love the wrestling shots. I've got to show them to Doug.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:43 PM   #42
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Quote:
Hey Kat. I need your advice on something (off topic). if you want to PM me with your answer that is ok, otherwise I will just hijack your thread My niece is going to NYC for graduation the end of May. She is also my babysitter. I usually give money to my nieces and nephews at graduation but was thinking of actually shopping for a gift this time LOL! Is there anything one might need as a tourist in NYC (besides a handgun LOL). I don't know what all they are planning on doing but I am sure it is the stuff all tourists do.

I'm gonna PM you in a few!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
I can't help on the resort. I've been looking at US too. Royal Pacific called to me like it did V. You know I like the PO resorts. That's all I have for ya'.

I love the wrestling shots. I've got to show them to Doug.
LOL I may just let KC take the wheel on the resort if we don't end up doing the 2 bdedroom because he talks and talks about POFQ since the honeymoon.

Want an even bigger laugh- amandaviolet.cjb.net thats my very old, outdated website from the wrestling days. enjoy. lol.

My Disney Princess, Lily

Old 05-11-2009, 04:45 PM   #43
mla1977
I dream of living in Bay Lake Tower for the rest of my life!

Hi Kat! Good luck with the planning. I'm going in August for my goddaughter's birthday. I've been chipping away at the balance for my reservations. I can't wait to hear about what you will do this time.
4/87; 12/94; 8/00: DLP; 3/02; 5/06: DLR; 5/07: AS Sports/Dolphin TR; 2/08 SoCal/DLR TR; 6/08 CR/Pop PTR, 3/09 Princess Half; August AS Movies, 1/10: Marathon Weekend ; 3/10 Princess Half; 8/10 OKW; 10/10 offsite; 12/10 Poly; 1/11 BLT/CSR/AKV; 2/11 offsite
Old 05-12-2009, 05:40 PM   #44
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mla1977 View Post
Hi Kat! Good luck with the planning. I'm going in August for my goddaughter's birthday. I've been chipping away at the balance for my reservations. I can't wait to hear about what you will do this time.
Hi! Thanks for coming by! Jump in and help, I need it!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Last edited by KatGarcia; 05-12-2009 at 05:41 PM. Reason: I can't type.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:44 PM   #45
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

So I was doing a little Universal research today....

Then it occurred to me, we will prob have 7 of us...where the heck can we stay??? I was only planning on 2 days at US, but where will we all fit? Would we need 2 rooms? Is that cheaper?

After looking at pictures, Portifino bay looks like a gorgeous hotel! BUT the doubletree is cheaper. Anyone stayed at either? I need some reviews!!'

I will check out to US boards eventually but I wondered if any of you could help.

Then there is also the matter of food at US...where the heck can we eat??

My Disney Princess, Lily

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: