Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2009, 06:56 PM   #1
amashstat
Earning My Ears

New to Southern California; planning a trip for April 2010; help!

After much discussion, my husband and I decided NOT to take my son out of school in January to go to Disney World in Orlando. So instead, we're going over spring break in April to Southern California. We want our vacation to be more than Disney, Disney, Disney. So far, here's what we're thinking:

Length of Visit: Around 5 to 6 days.
Staying: Marriott timeshare in Newport Beach
Agenda: Disneyland, centered around a character breakfast, Legoland and a couple of beach days.

So does anyone have any advice on "must dos" around the area? Or any good character dining recommendations? We have two kids. A boy, who will be 6 and a girl who will be 4. We want our trip to be more than just theme parks, which is why we'll be hoping for good beach days.

I'd love any suggestions!
amashstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:27 PM   #2
maynrive
DisManiac

Kids that age, I'd probably include a trip down to San Diego and visit Lego Land, Sea World, San Diego Zoo or Wild Animal Park.

You probably already guessed that NCV is close to the ocean. Personally, I don't think too highly of Crystal Cove compared to the other beaches in the area. I'd definitely check out some of the other beaches like Newport Beach or Huntington Beach to the North or Laguna Beach to the South.

I guess there's also Knott's Berry Farm, which is only a couple of miles from DLR or Universal Studios. I haven't been to either of those in a few years, so I'll leave opinions on that one to someone else...

That's pretty much all I can think of off the top of my head...
"Why do we have to grow up? I know more adults who have the children's approach to life. They're people who don't give a hang what the Joneses do. You see them at Disneyland every time you go there. They are not afraid to be delighted with simple pleasures, and they have a degree of contentment with what life has brought - sometimes it isn't much, either." -Walt Disney
maynrive is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2009, 11:55 PM   #3
MAH4546
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amashstat View Post
I'd love any suggestions!
Where are you from? It is still quite chilly in April. Only two weeks ago it was in the high-40's. If you are from a cold weather place, you'll have your beach days, but if you are from a warm weather place, you'll probably find it far too cold to go to the beach in April.
MAH4546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:18 AM   #4
iloveyou_belle
bad never looked this good

defenitely check out catalina island for a day. its gorgeous there. you take an hour boatride from newport and it brings you to avalon.

http://www.catalinachamber.com/
http://www.catalinainfo.com/

huntington beach, laguna beach and dana point are also good beaches to check out.

i wanna run around with neon green paint splattered all over my body obnoxiously singing "you can fly you can fly you can fly" while confetti if falling from the sky
don't stop get it get it
i'm sorry if i stole yo girl
iloveyou_belle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: