Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2009, 03:56 PM   #16
amyamya
Mouseketeer

Eating my veggie corn dog perusing your TR and I read you joined DVC! and are staying at the DLH CONCIERGE-style!! Wow! ! Go Team Bumbershoot! I'm happy for you guys and a tiny bit jelly! Hope the birthday trip is a blast!
amyamya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:05 PM   #17
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Teehee. It was an interesting decision for us to make, most definitely. Long in coming, but interesting.

And the type of room we're getting embarrasses me. I'm really trying to think of it as information-gathering. I'm doing it for you guys, yeah, that's it.

Actually, the number of times we've gone since '07 embarrasses me, but it's all we spend our money on! I'm not even going to tell you the last time I bought clothes for myself. OK wait, I did buy some cotton skirts from hanes, but they were on sale. I only buy shoes when absolutely necessary. etc. Of course we buy clothes and shoes for Eamon, definitely, but the adults in the house go *seriously* without new stuff b/c it doesn't seem as important as the FUN we have in Anaheim.

I haven't even told my brother we're going. And he and his wife will be here, if SIL's conference isn't canceled, a week and a half before we go. Actually I never tell anyone when we go, b/c I get embarrassed. Of course you guys know the truth about what things cost (both the highs and the lows) and how you don't have to spend 1000s on frequent trips, etc etc, so you're a trusted place to talk about it...but my "real life" friends think we spend HUGE sums of money and can't be convinced otherwise!

Mmm, veggie corn dog..... I have the cold hubby and son had, and food doesn't sound good, but that's bursting through my "bleah, food" stomach and making me want to have one. We don't have one though, and NOW is not the time to go to the store with a cold! No one wants to see sick people in public right now, LOL.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2009, 03:36 PM   #18
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Definitely thinking about leaving Minnie's for a future trip. I just think E would enjoy RBT's pancakes more.

Rented Swiss Family Robinson from the library (or rather, "checked it out", right?). Seems to be a good movie, E is enjoying it quite a bit. But it's making me miss the old version of the treehouse, though I had no serious complaints about it belonging to Tarzan before seeing the movie. And it doesn't seem to be that *different*, does it?

Gotta mention...hotwire is hilarious. Do they think I forget, from day to day, what the rate has been? Why do they keep sending me these "great rates now for your dates" emails, showing rates *higher* than they were before?

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 05-06-2009, 03:39 PM   #19
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Gotta mention...hotwire is hilarious. Do they think I forget, from day to day, what the rate has been? Why do they keep sending me these "great rates now for your dates" emails, showing rates *higher* than they were before?
I KNOW! I get these all the time, and I'm like, really? $1 cheaper? Well now I MUST book it before it magically disappears when tomorrow it goes back up!
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
hurleysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:05 PM   #20
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

A dollar, woo!

Gol, what has been wrong with disneyland's site and Firefox? I finally realized I could try Safari, and now I can actually get somewhere in their site. Whew.

Back to hotwire...here's what they show now.

Quote:
Los Angeles Intl. (LAX) car rental
Mon, 5/25 - Fri, 5/29
Change this trip | Delete this trip
$32.95 $36.49 price increased 3 hours ago

I click on Find a Car.

Now it shows the Hotwire Hot Rate as being 31.95 for a Compact. Nowhere on that page is the 36.49 mentioned on the first page. Same rate for Economy and Compact (but different total, hmm).

I click on Economy expecting 31.95 with a total of 203.70.

Imagine that:
Quote:
Good news: The rate has changed from $32 to $24.
Of course, it's done that every single day I've been looking.

And the total?
Quote:
$154 54
includes all applicable tax recovery charges and fees.

Every single day!

I don't even know why I keep looking; hubby wants to try the DE, especially since he really doesn't want to lug the carseat around. So unless it magically dropped BELOW the internet-booking rate of Grayline's DE for the 3 of us, we won't be doing it. Guess it's just fun to look.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:15 AM   #21
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

So here you are!
I was beginning to worry about you and your little family.
I hope you have a HaPpPy Trip and make lots of good memories!
Get well soon and come back home to the Girls Only Thread
Pixie Dust for Safe Travel
Old 05-07-2009, 12:23 PM   #22
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Aw, thanks. What's interesting is that I had just clicked back to the big thread to say "hi", before I read your post! Guess we're thinking the same thing.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:48 PM   #23
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Made an appointment for the Knight's package hairdo at BBB. For his birthday, just after Magic Morning ends. Hopefully he'll enjoy it. I just hate that it's sooooo marketed towards girls, since boys do indeed like dressing up, but DS is still pretty open to hanging out with girls and likes having his hair spiky, and he needs a replacement sword/shield anyway, so we're doing that.

Then an hour later I have us scheduled for Minnie's breakfast. Haven't told him about that yet, just in case we need to change it.

All in all a busy birthday morning! Let's just hope he doesn't want to swim THAT day, with the "knight's" hairstyle, LOL.
Oh... I read a WDW trip report where a little girl got all BBB-ed up then was playing in the water play area and the sparkles from her hair washed into her eyes (that she calls *jellybags*... gotta read the report, so funny!) and she was a wreck. So make sure if he is going to go swimming that day to carefully wash the stuff out first!

Also, I have to say, I have had some equally fun times in the hotel pool as in the parks.. I guess b/c I never go swimming at home, so it's still something different to do.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:24 PM   #24
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

That's a good thing......... in a non martha stewart way!
It sounds like you've got a special time planned
Old 05-11-2009, 05:43 PM   #25
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Hubby is currently on the phone with Microsoft...they called him to talk about a possible job. How fun is THAT?

Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out how to get to and from seatac!

Old 05-11-2009, 06:40 PM   #26
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:
Hubby is currently on the phone with Microsoft...they called him to talk about a possible job. How fun is THAT?

Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out how to get to and from seatac!
Good luck for your hubby!!!!!!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:33 PM   #27
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Ah, turns out the person was a recruiter. Still fun!

So last night I suddenly could barely walk. My knee suddenly did something bad. I was in so much pain I was laughing (odd). Hubby didn't know what to make of that.

This is troublesome. It really hit me last night that I have to get this weight OFF. We've kinda figured out why we haven't had more babies yet, and so I know I'll have a matter of months before there's a real possibility of pregnancy, so now I have to stop the "oh I might be pg, this might be a craving" eating I've been doing since Eamon was 2. I have to do pilates religiously, and I have to get my body moving. Because I have awful awful joints on both sides of my family. And the extra weight is NOT good for that. It's been really stupid to let my body get like this!

So I iced my knee while reading my athletic training books...I can't do orthopedic tests on myself and hubby doesn't understand how to do them, so I'll have to see someone to figure out what it is (I like pre-diagnosing). My knee feels much better today, but I'm pretty scared b/c it was bad.

And now I'm realizing that this has been in the works...my calf muscle on that side has been sore for no good reason, and yesterday morning my shin was hurting like someone was stabbing it...it could very well be that my muscles are compensating for a problem inside the knee, which is causing the pain. I should have paid attention.

Drat. I don't want to have to throw extra money towards "wheels" during our trip! And I don't want surgery.

Gotta see someone about this.

And maybe stop sitting with my legs all folded underneath me.

Old 05-15-2009, 02:23 PM   #28
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

This isn't trip related, and it's vague.

But I just have to say how impressed I am with my hubster. He is under a tremendous amount of stress from all directions except from home (I have recently taken over most aspects of household-running to ease pressure), and he's handling it so gracefully. Sure he has stressy moments, but by this time I would be hiding under a blanket in the closet ready to just move us into my dad's house (which would be miserable as he's not a low-stress person and they have umpteen animals that I'm allergic to). But he continues to get up every day, go to work, move forward, and so on. It's amazing. He's amazing.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:22 PM   #29
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Oh I am thrilled to see this. How I missed it is beyond me. I just wanted to sub real quick. I will come back later and read. I have to go get kids from school.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:35 PM   #30
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Wow, how exciting for you that you got the DVC. I have some great pictures of the pool from our room that we stayed at last time we were there if you are interested. Be sure and walk under the falls if you can.

Good luck to DH on the Microsoft thing. And I hope he feels better.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: