Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2009, 04:44 PM   #16
extravaganzamom
Mouseketeer

Even though we didn't stay there, my family and I have gone twice and enjoyed it tremendously for a counter service. We timed it for our afternoon break so we left Disney Studios (which we aren't crazy about any of their CS's) and ate lunch at PM. There is something for everyone and if you're on the dining plan it is well worth it. It gives you a great opportunity to check out a really cool resort at the same time.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:47 PM   #17
Jaybrad
Old Disney Dude

Stayed there in December. Will never go back to Pepper Market!!

254 Days @ WDW since 1973 and still counting. Hope to get 365!!

Don't drink the Beverly!
Jaybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2009, 05:39 PM   #18
Robert P
GLOBEX - taking over your world one country at a time

not worth a special trip
01/04 - CBR, AKL: 9/04 - POP, BCV, POR: 10/04 - BCV, (offsite-Radisson-yuck!):
11/05 - Dolphin, BCV, BWV: 10/06 - BCV: 11/06 - Dolphin, BCV:
07/07 - Dolphin, (offsite-Sheraton Safari- AOK!) 11/07 - BCV, Dolphin:
04/08 - Dolphin, BWV: 08/08 - POP, WL: 10/08 - BCV, Swan:
09/09 - Dolphin, (offsite-Sheraton Safari): 11/09 - Swan, BCV 10/10 - Dolphin, BCV

Robert P's April 2008 Dining Reviews: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1791298
Robert P's Fall 2007 Dining Reviews: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1630586
Robert P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:24 PM   #19
Dreamfinder2
DIS Veteran

We've been twice. The first time, some years back, was perfectly fine, and everyone was able to find something they liked.

On our second visit a couple of years ago, we were there over the Christmas holidays. The food was OK, but it's the ONLY time at WDW that we got poor service. Actually, we didn't get any service of any sort.. Nothing. So, when I sweetly mentioned this to the cashier as we were leaving, because while I don't object to the automatic 10% gratuity, I would have liked to have gotten some sort of service, if nothing other than a drink refill or bussed table.

She got the manager, who promptly made things right. Boy, DID he!! ($$$). And while I didn't want to get a CM in trouble over the holidays, I got the distinct impression this wasn't the first time that had happened in the area we were sitting.

I'd go back, but the rest of the family? No way would they even consider it. I wouldn't make a special trip.
Veteran of 100+ WDW trips, DVC since 2000, Castaway Club member, guest of all resorts but Coronado Springs and Pop Century, diner of all table service theme park restaurants, and working methodically through the resort restaurants. And no, I don't have a life.

Check out our obscenely detailed Disney Wonder trip report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1758672

Dreamfinder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:08 PM   #20
KatMark
DIS Veteran

We stay at the CSR every time. The Pepper Market is a love it or hate it type place. We eat there about twice during each trip (I'd make it three or four times if I had to ever eat at the Whispering Canyon Cafe or Hollywood & Vine again). We enjoy the food and have never had a bad meal (although I don't care for their fries). The PM is NOT owned by Disney. I will admit some of the servers are not the friendliest I have ever run across. Is it expensive? Yes, if you are not on the dining plan, it is. There is also a 10% automatic gratuity. If you are on the dining plan, you don't pay it. If you aren't, you do pay it. To avoid it, you can take your food "to go" and sit at one of the tables by the lake (which is what we normally do anyway just to enjoy the resort surroundings).

Would we make a special trip if we weren't staying at CSR? We might, we might not. We've made special trips to the POR food court (the best food court of all of the mods), the CBR (one of the worse food courts we've ever eaten at) and Mara at the AKL (but that is because we wanted to see the resort).

If you want to look at the CSR for consideration for a future trip and have a car and some spare time you might want to try it. If not, I don't think I would.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:32 PM   #21
soccerchick
Dis Veteran
My husband has rice duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabethb View Post
no. We avoided it even when we stayed at csr -- very disappointing for both food and service.
ita!
soccerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:40 PM   #22
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

We went to PM on our arrival day in March for the first time, and since we couldn't get into our room anyways, we decided to go resort hopping. DH and I both had the quesadillas which we thought were very good while our DDs had the usual kids meals. We were overall impressed with the whole atmosphere. I would definately return.

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:07 PM   #23
Dani C
DIS Veteran

I would and will be returning there in December although I am not staying at CSR this trip.

Additionally, I will say that everyone in my party was pleased with the food. The CMs were wonderful about making it "your" way (as long as you took the time to ask) so that you would really enjoy your meal. Also, this is one instance where CS does not have to mean "fast food". It can be more like a TS meal aside from the requirement that you go and pick it up yourself.

The resort is beautiful as well and if you are considering a salon experience, you might want to check that out here too. The mani-pedi was less costly than at some of the other resort salons.

Dani C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:59 PM   #24
fall08CP
Cheesehead

We eat ALL of our CS meals there, no matter where we stay or what parks we are going to. Last trip we stayed at CBR (CSR was booked up) and still made the daily trips over to CSR for lunches. We think the quality is really good and the meals are big enough for two, so some days we have enough CS credits for breakfast and lunch.
fall08CP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:03 PM   #25
B-Ride
Getting My Disney Fix

We used to eat there once or twice a trip when we stayed at CSR but on our last trip both my son and I were sick after what we suspected was our meal at Pepper Market. I have heard of other people with the same experience.
Disneyland Grand Californian 2014
B-Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:53 PM   #26
BadgerBruce
DIS Veteran

I'm a huge fan of CSR. I used to rave about the PM, but was let down on our recent trip. They seem to have taken away many of the items we used to like. During our trip--no baked potato, no steak fries (these used to be awesome), no bbq pork sandwich, no deli-style sandwich of the day. I will certainly try it again when we return next Spring--but it is no longer a place we will eat about 4x per stay, as in previous years. CSR is still a wonderful resort, and the food at the pool is still good (except the crummy new fries!).
BadgerBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:26 PM   #27
patsal
I've discovered I don't need to be a control freak...and like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keywestbride View Post
I wouldn't eat there if we were staying there! Sorry PM fans, but we didn't care for it at all.
I'm with you! I've never had a tasty meal there and I've given it more than one shot! Just because it has high prices doesn't make it a good deal if the food is gross.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:14 AM   #28
W21981Brick
Mouseketeer

Hi - slightly confused here...We have the QS Plan for our upcoming trip and wanted to come for lunch at PM and check out the CSR for the first time. Is the 10% included in the QS plan or am I going to pay OOP? Thanks for any answer I can get.
W21981Brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:49 AM   #29
Elise79

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerBruce View Post
I'm a huge fan of CSR. I used to rave about the PM, but was let down on our recent trip. They seem to have taken away many of the items we used to like. During our trip--no baked potato, no steak fries (these used to be awesome), no bbq pork sandwich, no deli-style sandwich of the day. I will certainly try it again when we return next Spring--but it is no longer a place we will eat about 4x per stay, as in previous years. CSR is still a wonderful resort, and the food at the pool is still good (except the crummy new fries!).
I'll second this - they have changed this place for the worst Apart from the items list above they have taken away the pasta choices and I think some of the pizza choices too. They have also taken the Wet Burrito off the menu.

The portions were smaller as well as we need a meal each rather than sharing this time and the prices had gone up!

July 2014 - OKWApr 2014 OKW & NYC Dec 2013 - BLT July 2013 - OKW April 2013/Dec 2012 - BLT June 2012 - BLT & OKW Feb 2012 - OKW Sept 2011 - BWV & BLT May 2011 - BCV & BLT Nov 2010 - BLT & CR Tower Club May 2010 - BLT Sept 2009/March 2009/April 2008/Sept 2007/Sept 2006 - CSR Feb 2008 - DLRP Newport Bay (First DLRP Trip) April 1999 - WDW Offsite in Villa June 1998 - WDW Offsite July 1989 - WDW Offsite
Elise79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: