Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
kha100399
Mouseketeer

is it worth going to the pepper market for CS if we aren't staying there?

the menu looks great, and we have never done CS, we did deluxe on our first trip, and this is our second trip. So would you go to the pepper market, if you weren't staying at the coronado?

thanks
kha100399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:53 AM   #2
keywestbride
Mouseketeer

I wouldn't eat there if we were staying there! Sorry PM fans, but we didn't care for it at all.
keywestbride is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2009, 12:38 PM   #3
maggiew
If she hates to be wet, then how does the survive bathing?

I enjoy PM and if you are interested in trying it, go for it! Then you can look around the resort. I think its very pretty there.

I think its definitely worth it on the dining plan as a CS.

Maggie
Prince Sakura Hotel TDR * Marriott Residence Inn LBV Dec 2013 * Hotel Cheyenne DLPR May 2013 * Aulani July 2012 * Royal Pacific July 2011 * Pop Century Aug 2010 * Disneyland Oct 2009 * Beach Club July 2009 * AsMo Dec 2007 Mousefest! * Old Key West July 2006 * Pop Century Dec. 2005 Mousefest! * Sheraton Safari July 2005 * Pop Century/Portofino Bay Hotel August 2004 * Coronado Springs Nov 2003 * Dolphin June 2003 * POR Nov/Dec 2002 * AsMu 1999 * AsSp 1997
maggiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:57 PM   #4
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

No. We avoided it even when we stayed at CSR -- very disappointing for both food and service.
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:59 PM   #5
tortoni
DIS Veteran

Worst food on property, in my opinion. Made a special trip there in December and ordered dinner. Inedible.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:17 PM   #6
KandD
BUT YOU NEVER SAID THEY HAD TO BE WEARING SHOES!!!

We stayed at CS last January and only ate at PM once. We weren't thrilled with it and it is expensive for counter service...if you are on the DP I guess it would be more worth it.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:22 PM   #7
tinka-belle
DIS Veteran

Go for it! Make it an excuse to check out the resort.

We like the PM and Maya Grill, and have gone there even when we don't stay at CSR, though it's become our moderate resort of choice now.

It's only counter service after all, and not everyone's cup of tea. Your food may be ready earlier or later than others in your party if they've gone to different sections. Most people don't like the 10% service charge, and the prices are higher that other mod. CS since Disney doesn't run the food locations at CSR. This can make it an expensive OOP meal. Neither of these is an issue if you are on a DDP. The up side is that most dishes are made fresh in front of you, or at least assembled in front of you for the pre-made items, so you can alter to your taste.

We don't expect a restaurant quality meal from a counter service location, but find the food is pretty good. Sure the steaks are small and sometimes fatty, but we ask at the grill first before we order and if it's fatty today we order something else. I have yet to try the new menu, but I'm sure I'll find a few things I like. Compared to other CS locations, they have a much more extensive selection.
tinka-belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:57 PM   #8
JMD
DIS Veteran

Pepper market is great, but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there. If you aren't going to the parks and want to spend some time at CSR, then go ahead and try it. Otherwise I would skip it.
JMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:31 PM   #9
tndisneyfan
DIS Veteran

Neverf ate at Pepper Market but I don't think I would make a special trip to a resort for a CS meal. It just takes too much transportation time. Of course if you wanted to check out the resort it could be worthwhile.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:07 PM   #11
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tndisneyfan View Post
Neverf ate at Pepper Market but I don't think I would make a special trip to a resort for a CS meal. It just takes too much transportation time. Of course if you wanted to check out the resort it could be worthwhile.

We've eaten at PM, & thought it was okay. I definitely wouldn't make a special trip to eat there. Like tndisneyfan, I wouldn't go out of my way to eat at any of the resort CS restaurants, unless I had a lot of time to waste.
(")_(")

tarheelmjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:13 PM   #12
got2luvtink
DIS Veteran

We were on DDP last year and thought this would be a great place to eat for a CS. We were pretty dissapointed in the food and service from the people taking orders. Would have rather eaten at the CS at our hotel.
got2luvtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:25 PM   #13
ROEDISNEY
DIS Veteran My name is Disney

On one hand I don't like the way the pepper mart operates. But there burgers are good and my son loved there Quesadillas. And yes they are more $$$ there in my opinion.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:29 PM   #14
shellybaxter
Dis Veteran
Disney Restaurants for one hundred Alex

We made a big effort to try the Pepper Market. Two different trips we tried to go for lunch and the conventions being held at the hotel had just let out for lunch - the lines were atrocious - we didn't stay. They say three times is a charm - on our third trip we were able to be seated without a huge wait. We thought the food was just okay - and it was expensive - even for Disney. We won't be back and are sorry we wasted so much time trying to give it a try
shellybaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:37 PM   #15
schoen
DIS Veteran

my dh and i went there for lunch on a non park day. we were on the ddp, i doubt we would have done it otherwise. We also had our own transportation. I had chicken fajitas, and dh had the quesadilla. I liked mine well enough. I doubt we'll go back unless we stay there, but it was good enough. I was glad we tried it.
schoen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: