Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
lovinpoohbear
lovinpoohbear

Best site to rent a timeshare resort stay

Already planning for April 2010 and want to stay at a timeshare resort for 7 nights. Which is the best/lowest price site to book? Thanks in advance.
We just came back from CBR and LOVED it but felt kinda cramped in the room with a family of 4 and one tv LOL'
Driving around the Orlando area, the timeshare resorts look just beautful. We would need a 2 bedroom unit. Thanks
Disney Wonder and Nick Hotel November 2006
Best Western Lake Buena Vista April 2008
Beach Club June 2008
Caribbean Beach Pirate Room April 2009
lovinpoohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:34 AM   #2
littlestar
DIS Veteran

First of all, do you have any family or friends who own a timeshare and who are members of II (Interval International) or RCI? II and RCI are the two biggest exchange companies for timeshare owners. We frequently let our friends and family rent cash Getaways through our exchange membership.

Now, if you don't have family or friends who own a timeshare, you can also rent excess inventory from these sites:

http://www.wyndham-vacations.com/main.taf?p=0&DID=3000

http://www.condodirect.com/travel/welcome.home

Also, consider the Dis board discount (see the banner advertising Sheraton Vistana). They offer some nice discounts for Sheraton Vistana and Sheraton Vistana Villages.

You are a little early right now for booking April 2010. Good luck.
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2009, 01:43 PM   #3
lovinpoohbear
lovinpoohbear

My SIL owns at Westgate Lakes. I had asked her about getting us a "deal" and the best she told me was $99 for a 3 night stay but we would have to do a resort tour and not interested in that.
Who does she call for cash Getaways? This is her 1st year as an owner and I don;t think she knows everything about it yet. Thanks!
Out of curiousity, how much would a cash getaway cost? Thanks!
Disney Wonder and Nick Hotel November 2006
Best Western Lake Buena Vista April 2008
Beach Club June 2008
Caribbean Beach Pirate Room April 2009
lovinpoohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:06 PM   #4
Janet Hill
DIS Veteran

Right now there are 2BR at Marriot Cypress Harbor for about $73/night. The cost varies by resort. If you are looking for a good deal in a timeshare you are looking too early for April 2010. The longer you wait to book the better deal you will get.

She doesn't have to call about cash getaways. She simply logs into the Interval website (I'm assuming II because, I think all Westgage trades here), and clicks the Getaways tab, puts in the dates and destination and see what's available. She can book and pay here.

If you are interested in this you should perhaps look around on the website with her.
Janet Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:01 PM   #5
littlestar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinpoohbear View Post
My SIL owns at Westgate Lakes. I had asked her about getting us a "deal" and the best she told me was $99 for a 3 night stay but we would have to do a resort tour and not interested in that.
Who does she call for cash Getaways? This is her 1st year as an owner and I don;t think she knows everything about it yet. Thanks!
Out of curiousity, how much would a cash getaway cost? Thanks!
If she owns Westgate Lakes, she would definitely be eligible to be a member of II (Interval International). A regular membership is $84 a year (Gold will be more - probably just over $100 a year). When you log into the II site, you will be at the "Getaway" tab. Just plug in your dates and destination city and see what comes up. But April 2010 is too far away for good rates to show up like Janet posted. I'd start looking in the fall or November. Since the account would be under her name, if she or your brother wouldn't be with you at check-in you would be required to also purchase a $39 Guest Certficate.

If your SIL hasn't joined II, maybe you could offer to pay the $84 a year for a II membership. If your family and SIL used it every year for Getaways, it could be well worth the membership fee.

For the fall, September through November I see rates of about $482 (gold) and $507 (non Gold membership) a week for 2 bedroom Marriott Vacation Club resorts - Cypress Harbour, Horizons (Harbour Lakes now), Marriott Grande Vista. Sheraton Vistana Villages is coming up for about $422 for a 2 bedroom (Gold) and add $25 to that for non gold. Basically, a II Gold membership gives you $25 more off of a Getaway. We have a gold membership because we book over 4 Getaways a year with our family and friends using our membership.

Last edited by littlestar; 04-25-2009 at 06:20 PM.
littlestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:58 AM   #6
swilshire
DIS Veteran

Most of the timeshare rental sites rent the leftovers. April is prime time, especially around Easter. You're unlikely to find a large unit at a deep discount unless it's a last minute cancellation.

Sheila
swilshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:57 AM   #7
littlestar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilshire View Post
Most of the timeshare rental sites rent the leftovers. April is prime time, especially around Easter. You're unlikely to find a large unit at a deep discount unless it's a last minute cancellation.

Sheila
Very much agree. If the OP is talking about Easter or close to Easter, then all bets are off for a cheap timeshare rental.

Presidents Week, Christmas/New Years, and Easter are tough to find availability and if you do, you'll pay more for it.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:28 AM   #8
pixierella
DIS Veteran

Have you checked the DVC boards here?
1995 Outside the Parks
2007 Pop Century
2008 All Star Music
2009 BLT
2010 Animal Kingdom Lodge

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/amvvc5sfrsg2hg90.png[/img]
pixierella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:34 PM   #9
DisneyDazed
Disney fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet Hill View Post
Right now there are 2BR at Marriot Cypress Harbor for about $73/night. The cost varies by resort. If you are looking for a good deal in a timeshare you are looking too early for April 2010. The longer you wait to book the better deal you will get.

She doesn't have to call about cash getaways. She simply logs into the Interval website (I'm assuming II because, I think all Westgage trades here), and clicks the Getaways tab, puts in the dates and destination and see what's available. She can book and pay here.

If you are interested in this you should perhaps look around on the website with her.

where would one be able to find that deal? TIA
DisneyDazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:31 PM   #10
Janet Hill
DIS Veteran

DisneyDazed,

This deal was from Interval International's Getaways. You have to be a member of II to book these or you have to know someone who will book it for you and get a guest certificate for you. If I remember that rate was for the end of August. There's also a lot of availability at Sheraton.
Janet Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:08 PM   #11
mdinme
DIS Veteran

timeshares

vrbo

vacation rentals...good value

mdinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:42 AM   #12
HeatherC
Alas...these people I live with take up too much room

We rent timeshares all the time. Most times I use myresortnetwork.com to rent from private owners. Have never had a problem.

A couple other places to rent that you could also check out are:

1. Classified Rental ads on www.tug2.net
2. www.skyauction.com
3. If you or someone in your family is a govt. employee (fed, state or local) you can also use....www.govarm.com and www.getravelop.com.

Finally...you can always rent direct from most of the resorts like marriott.com, starwood.com, orangelake.com, hilton.com.

Hope these help you out! Have fun planning!
HeatherC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:17 AM   #13
Lucky'sMom
DIS Veteran

Many on this board LOVE Wyndham's Bonnet Creek resort, located right next door to the Caribbean Beach Resort. We rent from vacationupgrades.com, and have had great experiences. Good Luck!

2012-July, RPR and Reunion resort pool home; May,Marriott's Grande Vista; 2011 -Jan: CSR and free dining! May: CBR (just DH and I!) ; 2009 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek Presidential Suite!; 2008 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek and RPR; 2007 - POR, Wonder Cruise, BWV; 2006 - Springhill Suites, UO and PBH, Nick Hotel; 2005 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins; 2003 - Poly, OKW, AsMo; 2002 - UO and RPR; 2001 - Sheraton Vistana Villages; 2000 - Holiday Inn Family Suites, ASMu; 1996 - Swan; 1995 - Swan, ASSp, ASMu; 1994 - POFQ;1990 - College Spring Break, off-site; Many trips as a child
Lucky'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:26 AM   #14
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to add a few more sites:

For DVC, definitely check out the DVC forums on this site -- the going rate this year for points rentals was about $10-$11 per point (if you look at the points charts on The Timeshare Store site you can figure out for yourself how much that would cost) not cheap but it does include all of the WDW perks.

The Timeshare Users Group (TUG BBS) which has a buy, sell, rent forum -- you should let your SIL know about this since they have a lot of threads about Westgate and using exchanges.

Also, many timeshare owners post their rentals on Redweeks.com. I agree it may be a bit early to see everything available since many owners will not have made their plans for next year yet -- at 12 months, they can only book their home resort for their exact unit in most cases.

Feb. 2008 All Star Music Feb. 2009 All Star Music Feb. 2010 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2011 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2012 Pop Pop Pop and All Star Music Feb. 2013 AoA, ASMusic and off-site with our team Feb. 2014 ASMusic and Cypress Pointe Resort Feb. 2015 Cypress Pointe Resort, US Cabana Bay and All Stars for Twirlmania

Last edited by redrosesix; 04-27-2009 at 06:28 AM. Reason: adding.
redrosesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:06 PM   #15
kreed
Mouseketeer

We love Wyndham Bonnet Creek. It is on Disney Property so it is very close and easy to go back and forth if you want to. You can rent one, two, or three bedroom units through places like extra holidays, Redweek.com (owners are renting weeks they have already reserved, and ebay often time has weeks for rent at very good prices. Hope this helps. There is another Thread on the disboards which talks about Bonnet Creek specifically which you may find helpful.
kreed is offline   Reply With Quote