Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 02:45 PM   #76
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell54 View Post
We can't wait for June and our first stay at the GF..so thanks for all the great photos everyone A question about reserving a pontoon boat (we'll be there June 2-6) is it possible to reserve it before we leave? Is it necessary..do they get booked fast in June?
I don't think it is possible to reserve them ahead of time unless there's been a recent change. We've never had to wait for a pontoon boat except at DTD and even that was a matter of a few minutes.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:46 PM   #77
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell54 View Post
We can't wait for June and our first stay at the GF..so thanks for all the great photos everyone A question about reserving a pontoon boat (we'll be there June 2-6) is it possible to reserve it before we leave? Is it necessary..do they get booked fast in June?
To my knowledge, they do NOT take reservations, but I wouldn't worry about it being booked. There are a couple, and if, by chance they are, you can always check at CR or WL.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2009, 03:24 PM   #78
TinkTatoo
Has a Tink tattoo on her shoulder
Hooked on Disney Cruises

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
Hi TinkTatoo!

Here's a pic (not mine) of the boat your son will be able to drive himself:
He is going to be so excited that he can drive it himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by praline3001 View Post
....I am not thrilled about DS having his own sea racer but knowing DH he would let him I am just not even going down to the marina to look
I think DD and I will have to plan a spa day so we won't be anywhere near the marina

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstewart1800 View Post
Has anyone hear rented a cabana? are they worth it. Are they on the beach or by the pool. Can you close it up for privacy? Anyone have any pictures?

Thanks
We rented a cabana when we stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel and it was a fantastic way to spend the day by the pool. I was going to rent one at the GF when it was $60 for the day but I'm not sure that it's worth it now that the price has gone up, I'm still undecided. From what I've seen you can close it up for privacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
yes!!!

As much as we loved staying at the GF in December, manuevering a stroller through the crowds was NOT easy. I hope they come up with a better way to snake the line at the Gingerbread House Store to keep the walkways open...
We were there one year on Christmas Eve and it was very crowded but getting roasted chestnuts at the entrance, seeing the Gingerbread house and meeting Minnie in her holiday outfit was worth it. Here's some photos

Old 04-24-2009, 04:05 PM   #79
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Glad to see a new GF FAQ...thanks Canadian Guy

Thanks to all of the picture posters! Love looking at pics of the GF...inside and out...

Brook I dont think you have enough room service pics... jk...maybe you can do a room service dining review... When not staying CL I do like to get the morning coffee delivered...

I happen to love love love the cabanas but am not happy with the price increase either...I think the new upgraded ones are beautiful(sofa chairs and a table and chairs in addition to the lounge chairs that have nice thick comfy chair pads...)...and the cabana attendants really make it an ever better experience...if you have never tired its it really is a wonerfully relaxing way to spend some pool time...I have justified the extra expense by booking half day only...(well it is less than a full day!)...

To all who are leaving soon...enjoy your trips...

Old 04-24-2009, 04:15 PM   #80
praline3001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Brook I dont think you have enough room service pics... jk...maybe you can do a room service dining review... When not staying CL I do like to get the morning coffee delivered...
What can I say, I am NOT a morning person!

I do hear you about the new cost of the cabanas! We decided to do the wonderland tea party and rent the sea racers instead of doing the cabana. The kids will have more fun and it comes out cheaper LOL
We will still swim, but this frees up our time so we can kind of go with the flow a bit more.

Just back from another wonderful trip!
Old 04-24-2009, 04:56 PM   #81
Cinderella

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
Love the idea of lunch on one of the pontoon boats

Just wanted to add that the Seven Seas Lagoon "cops" seem to keep a watchful eye on the watercraft - they will keep any errant "captains" straight
They are v strict. I've quit smoking now but they told me off a few years ago for smoking on the pontoon boat we rented. Apparently, you're allowed to drink alcohol on the boats though - so long as you're not driving.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:59 PM   #82
dpndka
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by praline3001 View Post

The butter served by GF PD was sooooo good. December is so far away.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:06 PM   #83
praline3001
DIS Veteran

My Favorite is the french onion soup!!! OMG this stuff is like a drug for me

I order it almost every night as a late night snack... OHHH its so gooy and cheesy and yummy!

They serve it at the GF cafe and through PD.
I swear I must eat a gallon of it a week

Old 04-24-2009, 05:15 PM   #84
Shell54
DIS Veteran

BCV23 and Cinderumbrella thanks for the info on the pontoons. I guess we'll just book one while we're there. We can be more spontaneous

Disney Magic 8/12

Old 04-24-2009, 05:21 PM   #85
birthdaymom2009
Earning My Ears

Tomorrow is the big day!

We leave at the crack of dawn tomorrow.

Yahoo!
Old 04-24-2009, 05:31 PM   #86
praline3001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthdaymom2009 View Post

Yahoo!
Enjoy yourself! You will love the Grand

Old 04-24-2009, 05:34 PM   #87
MelissaFromRI
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow , shining at the end of everyday

I have to suffer through 22 more days until I head to the Grand
Old 04-24-2009, 05:50 PM   #88
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthdaymom2009 View Post

Yahoo!
That's awesome!! Have a great time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaFromRI View Post
22 more days will go by so quickly! It's so fun having a Disney trip to look forward to
Old 04-24-2009, 05:57 PM   #89
Calissto31
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaFromRI View Post
Don't feel bad I don't leave until the 3rd of July...The wait is horrible but the pictures make it bearable.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:24 PM   #90
Mary T in PA

Mouseketeer

We are booked in SL... very excited as this is our first stay at GF.. it's a surprise trip for our daughter,, she turns 10 next week, but we can't take them out of school again (already took a week off this past Oct for a Disney trip ) so we had to wait until after school is out... how I wish we could go now, I am getting excited.

I am curious about the deluxe rooms in RPC - are they roomy? I have been looking at the floor plan and just wondering if anyone has stayed in one of those rooms how you liked it?

This is the first trip that I have booked without any family input.. usually I make all the reservations, but the hubby and kids also voice their opinions.. this trip is so secret that the girls will not know until we arrive at the airport to check in and see we are headed to Orlando and not where they thought we were flying. ... so I guess I am second guessing my ressie at SL.

Mary

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: