Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 11:32 PM   #751
snowwhitenyc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezaddict231 View Post
The crocs shop in the airport is great. We happened upon it and bought some crocs on our last trip. They were a lifesaver because the stupid sketchers I brought killed my feet!
Yes! I wasn't sure what I'd be able to find for Crocs in the World, so the airport store was a huge help! My brother is very tall and wears a size 13 shoe, and the Crocs store had extended sizes that worked for him (I think he needed a 2X, and they had up to 4X in men's sizes!). They did not have his size in Mickey Crocs at Sandy Cove, and I don't know if we would have had any more luck in other WDW stores.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:03 AM   #752
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Loralie, thanks for posting more pictures. It is so much fun to see them.

snowwhitenyc, that is so cool that the FAQ helped you feel right at home at the GF. Please give us a quick review of your experience.

BlueSkies, when we were at WDW in March I noticed fewer crocs in the Disney shops than previous vacations. Not sure if it was just the shops I happened to be in or if inventory was changing.
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2009, 09:43 AM   #753
lissiesmum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianGuy View Post
Unique Experiences

Campfire & Movie

On select evenings, the Grand Floridian hosts guests around a Mickey-shaped campire on the short of the Seven Seas Lagoon. Guests will roast marshmallows and sign their favorite campfire tunes and maybe a few Disney favorites as well. Be prepared to see the "stars" both on the big screen and up in the sky, as your family enjoys a family friendly Disney film on the beach! S'mores and marshmallow roasting kids are available for purchase. For more information call 1-407-824-4321
I went to this wonderful campfire back in April and it was one of my favorite things that my DD and I did together! I was wondering if anyone can tell me if it is held the last week in February? That's when we'll be traveling next year and I'd love to have this to look forward to again
April 2011 - Easter at the Dolphin, Epcot fireworks view
February 2010 - Polynesian Resort, Tuvalu TPV
April 2009 - Polynesian Resort, Hawaii GV
September 2008, MNSSHP - Wilderness Lodge, Courtyard view

(me 41) (DH 41) (DD 8) (DS 10)
Old 05-30-2009, 10:27 AM   #754
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiesmum View Post
I went to this wonderful campfire back in April and it was one of my favorite things that my DD and I did together! I was wondering if anyone can tell me if it is held the last week in February? That's when we'll be traveling next year and I'd love to have this to look forward to again
Hi lissiesmum.

The campfire and movie at the GF are new this year so I don't think anyone knows the answer to that yet. Even a concierge would only be guessing. The campfire/movie are year round at Y&BC/BCV though so perhaps if it's a success at the GF/Polynesian the same will be true. Time will tell I guess.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:17 AM   #755
lissiesmum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
Hi lissiesmum.

The campfire and movie at the GF are new this year so I don't think anyone knows the answer to that yet. Even a concierge would only be guessing. The campfire/movie are year round at Y&BC/BCV though so perhaps if it's a success at the GF/Polynesian the same will be true. Time will tell I guess.
Hello to you too BCV23! Nice to see you over here! As you can see, I am already planning my next trip! DD and I loved the campfire so much, I will just hope that they continue it again next year. There were a lot of people there the night we were there, so hopefully it will be popular enough to keep. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed!

Old 05-30-2009, 08:21 PM   #756
hill6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
I can't help you, but if you go to the main page and scroll down... there is a photgraphy page that can gelp you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
loralie - thanks for posting the photos!

hill6 - there is also a Technical Support forum that gives very good instructions for posting photos, it is the last forum listed on the main page. There's also a test thread, so that you can see if you've gotten the idea.

Thanks I will try that. Hopefully tomorrow there will be new pictures for you.

It was such a beautiful place. I can't wait to return there.

Saratoga Springs Nov 8-13 our First DVC trip
Old 05-30-2009, 08:49 PM   #757
Fishy&2guppies
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know the depth of the beach pool?

88-Offsite, 92-Offsite, 99-Riverside/Magic, 00-Hilton Head, 04-CR, 06-GF RPC, 06-Disneyland Paris, 07-Disneyland GC, 07-Disneyland Paris, 08-GF RPC, 09-GF RPC, 09-GF SL, 10-GF RPC, 11-GF RPC, 11-GF RPC, 12-Offsite, 12-GF RPC
Old 05-30-2009, 08:49 PM   #758
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
BlueSkies, when we were at WDW in March I noticed fewer crocs in the Disney shops than previous vacations. Not sure if it was just the shops I happened to be in or if inventory was changing.
I noticed the same thing in April. I was wondering if they were changing them, or if the whole crocs fad was winding down. DH wanted Pirate crocs, but couldn't find them anywhere.

Quote:
lissiesmum -- YAY! Glad to see that you're going to get to go sooner rather than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hill6 View Post
Thanks I will try that. Hopefully tomorrow there will be new pictures for you.

It was such a beautiful place. I can't wait to return there.
Don't worry -- I'm not "techy" enough to figure out how to post the photos we took. Although, if you do manage to post yours, I'll be happy that I get to see them.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 05-31-2009, 07:24 AM   #759
lissiesmum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
I noticed the same thing in April. I was wondering if they were changing them, or if the whole crocs fad was winding down. DH wanted Pirate crocs, but couldn't find them anywhere.

lissiesmum -- YAY! Glad to see that you're going to get to go sooner rather than later.

Don't worry -- I'm not "techy" enough to figure out how to post the photos we took. Although, if you do manage to post yours, I'll be happy that I get to see them.

Hi mmmears! I was looking at all your summer resorts in your signature and it looks like you have quite a trip planned! I can't wait to hear all about it! Yes, I have decided to pinch pennies and save for next year. My DD's dad is taking her to WDW for April vacation, but who says I can't take her in February? I'm sure she won't mind!

Old 05-31-2009, 10:48 AM   #760
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

mmmmears You really do have quite a trip planned! Looking foward to hearing all about it...we have never even done a split stay...but it is in the cards for us in the future...just two resorts though...I dont think I am organized enough to do three!!!

lissiesmum We are looking foward to the movies on the beach next trip too...I think it is a great addition to the resorts childrens (and parents too) activities!

Fishy&2guppies I am not positive but I dont think that there is any area that is deeper than 4 feet in the beach pool...

BCV Thanks for the info...I think that maybe I will just start my shopping early... in the airport just like snowwhitenyc did...why not...although I do most of my shopping in all of the great shops at the GF...especially Sandy Cove!

Old 05-31-2009, 01:10 PM   #761
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi mmmears! I was looking at all your summer resorts in your signature and it looks like you have quite a trip planned! I can't wait to hear all about it! Yes, I have decided to pinch pennies and save for next year. My DD's dad is taking her to WDW for April vacation, but who says I can't take her in February? I'm sure she won't mind!
Hi lissiesmum! We decided to go again this year since we have APs and not go next year. And I couldn't decide where to stay, so we're staying all over the place. I think I'll really miss the Poly, though. We've been goin back and forth on this one, but I'm not changing our reservations AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
mmmmears You really do have quite a trip planned! Looking foward to hearing all about it...we have never even done a split stay...but it is in the cards for us in the future...just two resorts though...I dont think I am organized enough to do three!!!
Hi BlueSkies! We always do split-stays (it's hard enough for me to narrow it down to 2 resorts -- I could never choose just one), but I've never tried 3 before. We may be so tired of moving that I'll regret it, but I like being on the monorail, I like being at the Epcot resorts (and DD wants to swim in SAB), and I couldn't go back to WDW and not stay at AKL. So 3 it is! We also got really bored of the food in the Poly lounge since we were there for a week (only a couple of the dinner items changed from day to day), so this way we'll have different food for each part of our trip. (All 3 are CL and I'm feeling a little spoiled).

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 05-31-2009, 06:39 PM   #762
BarleyJack
And a pirin tablet? Why? Are you afraid of my Guatemalan-ness?

Hello Grand Floridian Experts! We are laid back, casual type folk, would we feel out of place at the GF? We visited there on our last trip just to look around and it seemed so...fancy, frilly, fru fru....but beautiful at the same time. I guess what I'm saying is.....is the GF relaxed and casual enough for one to feel relaxed in? I know everyone is different, but I just don't want to look out of place coming in in a sweaty t shirt and shorts after a day in the parks, if I'm making any sense LOL.
1990-Disneyland, offsite
2008 (jan)-WDW, POP/POR split stay
2009 (september)-WDW CBR -Food and Wine/Halloween
2009 (september)-WDW Poly=Food and Wine/Halloween
2010-Carnival Legend
2011-Carnival Glory
2012: Long weekend in NYC, Labor Day in Las Vegas
2013: Art of Animation Cars Suite

We've been Boo'd by the food review Queen!
Old 05-31-2009, 07:52 PM   #763
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

So, I got nervous today and called Disney. I had originally asked for a marina view at Conch Key. The more I thought about it, I thought that I'd rather be looking at the Grand itself, so I called and asked that my request be changed to Boca Chica with a GV and not behind the poolhouse that the Unofficial Guide warns about. Hopefully this will work out in August!
Old 05-31-2009, 08:26 PM   #764
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

BarleyJack I would describe the GF as casual elegance...when you are coming back from the parks at the end of the day in a sweaty t shirt and shorts so will everyone else!

And lucky you at the end of that day can sit in the beautful lobby and enjoy the painist or band and just relax...

It really is such a nice resort to stay at!

Scott MC You are going to love that view in Boca Chica...its just grand!

hill6 No pics yet...dont feel bad there are lots of us that are photo challanged around here...

mmmears three CLs!!! Good for you..vacation is the time for a little spoiling isnt it!! Hope you will be able to keep track of where you are staying...we wouldnt want you to get confused and end up pool hopping!!!!! JK

Old 05-31-2009, 09:22 PM   #765
Maxie86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarleyJack View Post
Hello Grand Floridian Experts! We are laid back, casual type folk, would we feel out of place at the GF? We visited there on our last trip just to look around and it seemed so...fancy, frilly, fru fru....but beautiful at the same time. I guess what I'm saying is.....is the GF relaxed and casual enough for one to feel relaxed in? I know everyone is different, but I just don't want to look out of place coming in in a sweaty t shirt and shorts after a day in the parks, if I'm making any sense LOL.
From one laid back causal type folk to another, we feel very relaxed at the GF. We just got back from a wonderful week at the GF. Spent lots of time just relaxing and listening to the music in the lobby. It is not fancy ,frilly, fru fru, or stuffy. As BlueSkies said, everyone else will be dragging their sweaty t shirts and shorts back at the end of the day too. When you see someone dressed up, they are either going to dinner at V&A or a wedding. The GF does have lots of weddings. Everyone else is very casual, just like any other Disney resort.

HI BlueSkies Don't you have a trip coming up soon.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: