Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 04:55 PM   #3541
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

view

Ft. WIlderness 89'~POR '95~Poly '97~GF RPC '03~GF RPC '07~AKL '07~GF RPC '08~CSR '09~ GF RPC May and July '09~Poly '10~BWI CL '10~POR and DCL '10~WL CL '10~GF RPC '10~WL CL/GF RPC '11~Poly CL/Dream double dip '11~ GF RPC Sept '11~GF RPC Feb '12~YC March '12~GF RPC April '12~DCL 5 night Magic May '12~GF RPC May '12~DisneyLand GCA and 1/2 harathon sept. '12~7 night on the Magic Oct. '12~Yacht Club Jan '13~Beach Club Jan '13~AKL Feb '13~Fantasy western April '13
Dec. AKL Dining Report
Sept. Deluxe dining report
June 2010 DCL Double Dip TR
Old 03-23-2010, 07:05 PM   #3542
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlynn444 View Post

view
OMG!!! What a GREAT room and the VIEW is to die for!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for posting that! IM SO GONNA REQUEST THAT ROOM! lol

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2010, 08:04 PM   #3543
DREAMS161
Mouseketeer

just booked RPC theme park view...is it as great as I am hoping?

Hi there! We have stayed at Sugarloaf and had booked there again for our trip in May, but just booked for the RPC theme park with the current Disney discount offer. Disney is magical for me and I am so looking forward to this trip. I thought this room would be wonderful. Are there any room requests I should do? I am trying to go through the thread to find photos of the theme park views from the Main Building rooms. I think at this point I am just giddy with excitement.

Is it allowed/appropriate to bring the breakfast items from the club area back to your room on a tray to enjoy out on your balcony. I know when we stayed at Sugarloaf we did that but not sure if it is really okay.

Any information or advice would be great...thanks!

Old 03-23-2010, 08:11 PM   #3544
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

we are booked for gv at the poly for dec. i just realized that a gv room at the GF will only run us less than $200 additional with our discount. so... now i am considering that option!

we stayed standard rpc at our last visit.... do i understand correctly that all standard rooms are the same? meaning our room size and layout in a gv room would be similar to what we had in rpc?

also... is there anything i'm missing, why one would pick a poly gv room over a GF gv room? i realize this is the GF thread so people will be biased but i'm afraid that if i ask this separately on this board that i might attract too many people who have either never stayed at the GF or hate the GF. for those of you who have stayed at both, am i missing something if we decide not to stay at the poly?

i like that GF is small and nothing is far from the main building. i also like how huge the courtyard pool is (well... the kids do, lol). and of course, we just loved the overall beauty. the main thing to me is that at least at GF i would be guaranteed a balcony... no? we use our balcony a lot, even in cold weather. the poly looks lovely, but i don't like that at the poly we would have almost a 33% chance of not having a balcony. the balcony guarantee (if that is accurate) is enough to make me pay the small price difference.

help!
Old 03-23-2010, 09:33 PM   #3545
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DREAMS161 View Post
Hi there! We have stayed at Sugarloaf and had booked there again for our trip in May, but just booked for the RPC theme park with the current Disney discount offer. Disney is magical for me and I am so looking forward to this trip. I thought this room would be wonderful. Are there any room requests I should do? I am trying to go through the thread to find photos of the theme park views from the Main Building rooms. I think at this point I am just giddy with excitement.

Is it allowed/appropriate to bring the breakfast items from the club area back to your room on a tray to enjoy out on your balcony. I know when we stayed at Sugarloaf we did that but not sure if it is really okay.

Any information or advice would be great...thanks!

We were in RPC TPV... 4309. It was FANTASTIC amazing wonderful.

Yes, you can bring whatever back to your room.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge resort not yet decided!

Old 03-23-2010, 09:45 PM   #3546
P&B's Mom
Mouseketeer

Afternoon Tea

Can anyone give me any information about the Afternoon Tea? Time? Cost? How long it lasts?

We are staying CL in Sugar Loaf and I know they serve tea in the afternoon there. Is it that much more special in the main building?

Thanks for anyone's help.
1st Visit EVER--June 2008 @ BCV, DVC Member--September 2008 @ AKV, 1st Trip "Home"--August 2009 @ AKV Kidani, Grand Gathering--July 2010 @ GF CL & AKV Kidani, No Dads--Spring Break 2011 @ YC/BLT, DECA ICDC--April 2011 @ Rosen Shingle Creek, Xmas/NYE--Dec & Jan 2011-12 @ BC/AKV Jambo, Mom & Kids ONLY--August 2012 @ Pop/BWV, , DECA ICDC--April 2013 @ Crowne Plaza Anaheim, Mom & Kids ONLY #2--4th of July 2013 @ GF CL/AKV Kidani, Will This Trip Ever Happen?--July 2014 @ AKV CL/BWI
Old 03-23-2010, 10:39 PM   #3547
Lindsaygirl27
Mouseketeer

Thanks to everyone!!

You are all so kind, friendly and most of all HELPFUL!!!
So a thousand thank you's to you ALL already!!!!

Now here's a few of my questions:

1.What standard garden view building and floor would you suggest for a great view and convenience to the main building?
2.Does anyone have a picture of the above listed room?
3.Overall, how would you rate the transportation to AK, EPCOT AND Hollywood Studios?
4.Is there a bar or lounge with entertainment in the evenings?
5.Do guests staying at GF have a tendency to dress fancier than at other resorts?

We are on the Delux Dining Plan this is what we have booked so far any suggestions would be great:

Day One: le Cellier (lunch)
California Grill (Dinner)

Day Two: Boma (breakfast)
California Grill (Dinner)

Day Three: GF Cafe(breakfast)
Jiko (dinner)

Day Four: Cinderellas Royal Breakfast
Citricos(Dinner)

Day Five: GF Cafe(Breakfast)
Liberty Tree Tavern (Dinner)

Thanks in advance!!!!!
Old 03-24-2010, 05:32 AM   #3548