Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
disneymomma1978
Mouseketeer

holiday trip ideas

DH, myself and our DD are going for our first holiday trip to DW 11/28-12/7 and I would like to hear some of the "must-sees" for holiday decorations/parades/special events, etc!!

We are staying at CBR and we have 10day PH's and the dining plan. Since we have 10 days, our days will be relatively laid-back and we have two free days to spend either enjoying our hotel's pool (weather-permitting) or checking out other hotels. We will be arriving on a Sunday early afternoon and after checking in, will be heading straight for MK so we will get to see the Castle lighting that first night!! We are planning to do the MVMCP on a Tuesday night. (We won't be doing the Candlelight Proc. b/c I don't think our DD will sit for that long but we might try to sit outside of it one night and listen for as long as she allows!!)

What hotels should we plan on visiting on one of our free days? Right now my plan is to do breakfast at Ohana so our DD (who will be 3.5yrs old at that time) can get her Stitch fix in, then stroll the Poly grounds a bit, hop the monorail over to GF, then get off monorail at MK and take boat to WL. (Sounds busy but this is just a rough idea and we'll be taking our time.) How does this plan sound? And are there other deluxe hotels that we should definitely check out for holiday decoration reasons?
----While we're visiting other hotels, is it ok for our DD to use some of the playgrounds? Or is this seen as the same as pool hopping?

Also, are there any great but maybe not so well known areas of any of the parks that have neat decorations/holiday themes? If so, I'd love to hear them!! Thanks everyone in advance!
Old 03-23-2010, 11:55 AM   #2
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

hotels
WL/VWL
GF
AKL/AKV
bc/yc
bw
PO (I like 'em)

if you have a car and can drive around - OKW and SSR

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2010, 06:19 PM   #3
disneymomma1978
Mouseketeer

thanks!

anyone else? :-)
Old 03-23-2010, 06:28 PM   #4
vod2117
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomma1978 View Post
DH, myself and our DD are going for our first holiday trip to DW 11/28-12/7 and I would like to hear some of the "must-sees" for holiday decorations/parades/special events, etc!!

We are staying at CBR and we have 10day PH's and the dining plan. Since we have 10 days, our days will be relatively laid-back and we have two free days to spend either enjoying our hotel's pool (weather-permitting) or checking out other hotels. We will be arriving on a Sunday early afternoon and after checking in, will be heading straight for MK so we will get to see the Castle lighting that first night!! We are planning to do the MVMCP on a Tuesday night. (We won't be doing the Candlelight Proc. b/c I don't think our DD will sit for that long but we might try to sit outside of it one night and listen for as long as she allows!!)

What hotels should we plan on visiting on one of our free days? Right now my plan is to do breakfast at Ohana so our DD (who will be 3.5yrs old at that time) can get her Stitch fix in, then stroll the Poly grounds a bit, hop the monorail over to GF, then get off monorail at MK and take boat to WL. (Sounds busy but this is just a rough idea and we'll be taking our time.) How does this plan sound? And are there other deluxe hotels that we should definitely check out for holiday decoration reasons?
----While we're visiting other hotels, is it ok for our DD to use some of the playgrounds? Or is this seen as the same as pool hopping?

Also, are there any great but maybe not so well known areas of any of the parks that have neat decorations/holiday themes? If so, I'd love to hear them!! Thanks everyone in advance!
AKL
WL
GF
CR
Poly
Pop
BWI/BC/YC
Old 03-24-2010, 12:17 AM   #5
Princess&CowboyMommy
Mouseketeer

The Beach Club is gorgeous during the holidays. My kids love the chocolate horses carousel - it's really beautiful. You could do Cape May Cafe character breakfast there and check out the directions before or afterwards. I'd probably go ahead and stroll over to the YC and Boardwalk to see their decorations as well. You can get the gingerbread cookies at Beach Club like the ones that they have at the GF big GBread house.

Downtown Disney usually has carolers and sometimes performances, though usually later in the day and at night. Santa is usually there, too, but I think he's there after noon (can't remember for certain).

Definitely see the AKL as well. When we were there a couple of holidays ago, they had stations set up in the late afternoon so that kids could make ornaments with ostrich egg chips that had been dyed (tons of colors to choose from). You had to give a small donation to a wildlife fund for each ornament, but the kids loved doing it. Not sure if they still do this though?? And also at AKL, they had a photo pass photographer everynight around the same time with a "professional set-up" for families or kids to have their picture taken in front of the tree there. And one night, they had a bell choir - the kids loved that!

Maybe try going over to POR and doing a horse-drawn carriage ride one night. We've never done that, but my dd really wants to this time (and me too, lol). The WL has them, too, but I don't know when they start as they only do them at holiday time.

Some of the deluxe hotels have carolers at night - don't know which ones, but I'm think CR and Beach Club maybe.

Oh - and on the Candlelight processional. We thought my son, when he was 3, wouldn't like it. He did, but he fell asleep in my lap after about 15-20 minutes, lol. I didn't mind because he kept me warm

Last one - my kids like to do the WinterWonderland mini-golf when we're there around Christmas - just gets them in the mood.

1991 - off-site; Jan 2000 - Honeymoon with DH at BC, DCL-Wonder, and POFQ; Dec 2006 - BC, OKW; Aug 2007 - SSR, OKW; Nov 2007 - Poly, WLV and SSR; Feb 2008 - BWV, BCV; Dec 2008 - AKV (J), SSR, WLV, FtWC; Nov 2009 (10thAnn) - Pirate CBR, WLV; Dec 2010 POFQ, AKV CL, BCV, Pirate CBR; Nov 2011 OKW, SSR-THV

Last edited by Princess&CowboyMommy; 03-24-2010 at 12:18 AM. Reason: AK to AKL
Princess&CowboyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: