Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2009, 11:47 AM   #46
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzybear View Post
Sounds awesome! I wish we could visit the US more than once a year as I don't know how i'll ever manage to visit all the places there that I want to (and still find time to revisit WDW and DLR! ) I'm already dying to plan next year's trip I often find myself underestimating the distances between places though... I seriously considered driving from Boston to WDW until I realised it was 20 hours with no stops, bit much to do on my own
Yeah, 20 hours is a bit much even for us! I've got to get over there to visit sometime. I keep promising to do so, but...
Sarilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:02 PM   #47
Lizzybear
You fool! You gave cheese to a lactose intolerant volcano god!
I'm the main holiday initiator/planner which is how I like it!

So, with TEN DAYS TO GO (!!! ) my to do list is looking something like this...

-Make MNSSHP costumes
(Almost done! Just finishing my Lucy dress, I can tell I haven't been sewing much lately as it's taken me way longer than it should have... Steve's Charlie Brown shirt is done )
-Buy Boston Duck Tours tickets
(Decided to buy these on the day as they add on $3 per ticket to buy in advance and they apparently never sell out)
-Print out anything that needs to be and laminate itinerary cards
(Done and done, I must say my LGMH's are looking pretty spiffy... Say hi if you spot me )
-Arrange lift or taxi to and from the airport
(Sorting this out at the weekend, if none of the men at my dad's work want to do it for cash we'll book a taxi... They all live in Liverpool like me and Steve so it's an easier trip than my dad would have to make from Cheshire to Liverpool then Manchester!)
-Confirm who is looking after our 5 hamsters
(My dad will be coming to our flat to do this, not much of a hardship for him really as he only works 5 minutes away... I still plan to phone and remind him though )
-Anything else we need to buy to take with us?
(I realised last night I don't have enough shorts so I bought a couple of cheap pairs on eBay which should arrive shortly, also did a surprisingly expensive toiletry shop in Boots a few weeks ago!)
-Pack!
(Everything is in the case but not actually packed properly, I have to say it was blimmin hard work packing for 2 climates and I can see me doing some very creative layering in New York and Boston! It took me several days to narrow down my clothes, but of course Steve did his in an hour last night! )

I officially have 7 1/2 (1/2 because I work Saturday mornings) working days left and Steve has 5 (he works 4 long days a week and has next wednesday off, lucky!!) Work has been crazy busy and life in general has been a bit pear-shaped lately for both us us... We're soo ready to go on holiday now!!
DLP Day trip 1992, School trip 1997, Day trip 2000, Magic Circus 2003, Cheyenne 2006, Sequoia Lodge 2007 and Santa Fe 2010. WDW Ramada Resort I-Drive 2002, Sheraton Studio City 2005, POFQ 2007 and CSR 2009. DLR Fairfield Inn 2008.
Lizzybear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2009, 07:17 AM   #48
Pegasus928
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you are on top of things - what with laminated itinerary cards and all that

Happy packing
Pegasus928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:50 AM   #49
Snowy-girls
Did you speak to a 'human being'?
As you can see, all I have is a load of gobble-de-gook writing

Oooohhhh not long to go now ,i am sure you have remembered but don't forget things like-sanitizer spray,wipes,paracetamol,i know you can get things like that out there but i prefer to go with them already in hand .
Can't wait to see the outfits .x.

Sweet Kitty Dreams La-La,Smudge,Sam+Max.Together Again.11:3:94-20:5:08.x.x.29:4:93-17:3:09.x.x.29:4:93-21:7:10.x.x.11:3:94-2:3:12.x.x.

NOV90Sheraton Anaheim CaliforniaSEP93Quality Inn I-DriveSEP95Holiday Inn I-DriveSEP97Castle Inn+Suites AnaheimSEP98-Best Western AnaheimAUG03Quality Inn I-DriveApr/May04Holiday Inn I-DriveApr09Embassy Suites I-Drive SouthApr11Quality Inn Plaza+Pop.Aug13Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,CSR+AKL With Free QSDP.AUG15Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,RPR+21 nights at OKW With Free DDP.
Snowy-girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:37 PM   #50
Lizzybear
You fool! You gave cheese to a lactose intolerant volcano god!
I'm the main holiday initiator/planner which is how I like it!

Well with 2 days to go this is me right now:
-MNSSHP costumes are finally made!
-I'm annoyed that Disney had to go and mess up my laminated itinerary cards by adding extra Fantasmics, but also pleased because they've added extra Fantasmics..!
-I need to clean the bathroom and hoover tonight then the pre-holiday cleaning will be DONE
-My dad has offered to take us to and from the airport which saves us £60 in taxi fare, never a bad thing!
-Kevin Smith is doing a book signing in Barnes & Noble in New York on 1st October at 7pm, wowowow! This is only the man who's films played a huge part in shaping my teen years and who i'm a huge fan of, so you better believe i'll be like Wayne and Garth meeting Alice Cooper in Wayne's World
DLP Day trip 1992, School trip 1997, Day trip 2000, Magic Circus 2003, Cheyenne 2006, Sequoia Lodge 2007 and Santa Fe 2010. WDW Ramada Resort I-Drive 2002, Sheraton Studio City 2005, POFQ 2007 and CSR 2009. DLR Fairfield Inn 2008.
Lizzybear is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: