Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2009, 10:32 PM   #31
Angela0917
DIS Veteran

Oh, yay! I've never seen a Disneyland bride on here before! You and your DF are too cute!! Your dress is GORGEOUS, and it looks great on you!! As for my opinion on the shoes... I like the first ones! I'm just partial to open toed shoes though!! Can't wait to read more!
Old 04-22-2009, 09:46 AM   #32
tiggersam00
Dole Whip addict... and proud of it!

Those candy bars you posted look great! We are going to do that as well... although I am sure mine won't look that nice lol! I don't know if I could make everything match that well lol.

How are you going to incorporate Jack and Sally in the wedding? I love the cakes so much! The NBC is very cool and would probably work really well with your color choices
tiggersam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2009, 04:21 PM   #33
ghoulish delight
Mint juleps make me a very happy Anj, indeed!

First off, thanks to all of you for showing so much support and interest already! I really appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela0917 View Post
Oh, yay! I've never seen a Disneyland bride on here before! You and your DF are too cute!! Your dress is GORGEOUS, and it looks great on you!! As for my opinion on the shoes... I like the first ones! I'm just partial to open toed shoes though!! Can't wait to read more!
Aw, thank youuu!! I think I'm leaning towards the open toed shoes too. They look like the heel is a tiny bit shorter and I love anything with a bit of vintage flair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggersam00 View Post
Those candy bars you posted look great! We are going to do that as well... although I am sure mine won't look that nice lol! I don't know if I could make everything match that well lol.

How are you going to incorporate Jack and Sally in the wedding? I love the cakes so much! The NBC is very cool and would probably work really well with your color choices
Thank you, thank you! We're going to try and do the best we can with the candy bar. Thankfully my MoH and another bridesmaid of mine are going to be helping me out with ours. Our colors are going to be the tricky part for the candy. Plenty of purple candy out there, but only teal m&ms. So, we're going to try and stay within the hues of the colors. So purple and blues mainly. We'll see! And I'm sure your guys candy bar will look fabulous too! Thankfully there are good pics of people who have made pretty ones, so girls like you and I have a template to go by. Hehe.

As for Jack and Sally... it's going to be tricky! I talked with my DF more about it last night, honestly. He's not sold on the caketopper I want. He's worried it will seem too goth-weddingish if we include them. I'm trying very hard to convince him we can do it and still make everything very, us. We're quirky and super big geeks so I think it could work.

Other than the caketopper, I want to use Jack and Sally toasting flutes and I have two little mini bust collectibles I would love to put on our sweetheart table. Maybe uh, dress them up for the occasion? Like, put a tophat on Mr. Skellington and a veil on Sally. Hehe. I'm a big collector of NMBC so, I've got some other things too. My other idea is to sneak in the lyrics from their duet in the Finale song into the decor or our invitations or something --

"My dearest friend, if you don't mind
I'd like to join you by your side
Where we can gaze into the stars

And sit together, now and forever
For it is plain as anyone can see
We're simply meant to be"

| Anjanette & Jason | May 8th, 2010 | Disneyland Hotel Rose Court Garden |
[The Planning Journal & The Wedding Trip Report]
ghoulish delight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:52 PM   #34
ghoulish delight

Song choices
We're going to have a harpist for the ceremony, so no songs have been decided for that as of yet. As for our reception, we don't have all of our music picked out, but we do have a few songs figured out for the reception.

Entrance: Imperial March by John Williams (yep! we both love Darth Vader and we're trying to keep it a secret from most of our guests)
Father/daughter dance: Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman
Mother/son dance: Still Fighting It by Ben Folds
Garter removal/toss: Desire by U2
Bouquet toss: Ooh La La by Goldfrapp
Cake cutting: Sweetest Thing by U2

And of course. I'm saving the best for last. Our first dance is going to be to a song called The Luckiest by Ben Folds. Jason actually played it for me not quite a year ago, and we both knew it would be our song. It's just perfect for us. I'll share the lyrics with you guys --

"I don't get many things right the first time
In fact, I am told that a lot
Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls
Brought me here

And where was I before the day
That I first saw your lovely face?
Now I see it everyday
And I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

What if I'd been born fifty years before you
In a house on a street where you lived?
Maybe I'd be outside as you passed on your bike
Would I know?

And in a white sea of eyes
I see one pair that I recognize
And I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you

Next door there's an old man who lived to his nineties
And one day passed away in his sleep
And his wife; she stayed for a couple of days
And passed away

I'm sorry, I know that's a strange way to tell you that I know we belong
That I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest"

Potential jewelry
I'm pretty convinced I want to get this Disney necklace by Kristie Kelly, but I'm still going to look around.

Problem is I also really like this other necklace/earring combo by her, but I think it would be too long for my neckline on my gown. I'm thinking a shorter necklace would be better. That and I really like pearls. But check it out and let me know what you guys think!

But I love love love the earrings.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:48 PM   #35
redlight
DIS Veteran

Excellent song choices. When I read that you were having Still fighting it by Ben Folds, I thought she should include The Luckiest, and you did!
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:11 PM   #36
Pirate's Princess
Sam <-- Science Geek. DNA helicase....so I can unzip your genes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoulish delight View Post

Congrats on the engagement and hurray for a DCL bride. The pavillion looks wonderful. I can't wait!!!

I think shoe #1 is WAY cuter, and will go better with your hairstyle.

I love that you are doing the imperial march...I'm a HUGE star wars geek (on the day of our engagement DF bought me a Millennium Falcon kite).

Here are some teal/purple invites I found:

http://www.invitationsbynature.com/invitations.html

The last two are from Etsy.com. They are handmade and customizable because the other colors are not quite right.

That candy buffet looks delish!! But beware of dark colored candy: purple blue etc...don't want wedding pics of blue mouthed people!

Last edited by Pirate's Princess; 04-22-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Pirate's Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:20 PM   #37
Bride-to-be
DIS Veteran

Wow I can't believe how much you have figured out! everything seems great! I like the caketopper. As long as the cake itself isn't black I dont' think it would be too goth (and no one likes black icing anyway). The belle necklace seems to be pretty popular I have seen someone else on this board with interest in it too.

BTW I don't know if I mentioned before or not - but I really love your dress! Its the perfect balance between big and puffy and easy to dance in.

I can't wait until the 8th! I am practically counting down the days!
Bride-to-be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:36 PM   #38
ghoulish delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate's Princess View Post
Congrats on the engagement and hurray for a DCL bride. The pavillion looks wonderful. I can't wait!!!

I think shoe #1 is WAY cuter, and will go better with your hairstyle.

I love that you are doing the imperial march...I'm a HUGE star wars geek (on the day of our engagement DF bought me a Millennium Falcon kite).

Here are some teal/purple invites I found:

http://www.invitationsbynature.com/invitations.html

The last two are from Etsy.com. They are handmade and customizable because the other colors are not quite right.

That candy buffet looks delish!! But beware of dark colored candy: purple blue etc...don't want wedding pics of blue mouthed people!

Thank you kindly! I'm leaning towards shoe number 1 also! I really wanted to do a birdcage veil originally, and if I was still going with that... it wouldn't have been any competition. That shoe would have been it. Hehe. But I still think it will be.

Star Wars rocks!! So yay! I'm glad I'm not the only geeky bride on here! Jason and I have a little bit of a Darth Vader collection. Haha, so it just seems appropriate.

You are awesome! Thanks for finding those invitations for me! I had found the first out of them, and I reaaally love them... but they're super expensive. I will definitely check out the ones from Etsy.com though! I'd be quite pleased if I could get some in our colors, but if it's still real expensive, I may have to go with something more generic.

And I appreciate the tip! That is a good point I hadn't thought of. Blue/purple mouths wouldn't be very nice for photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bride-to-be View Post
Wow I can't believe how much you have figured out! everything seems great! I like the caketopper. As long as the cake itself isn't black I dont' think it would be too goth (and no one likes black icing anyway). The belle necklace seems to be pretty popular I have seen someone else on this board with interest in it too.

BTW I don't know if I mentioned before or not - but I really love your dress! Its the perfect balance between big and puffy and easy to dance in.

I can't wait until the 8th! I am practically counting down the days!
You are too sweet, Cassie! Thank you! I'm trying my best to stay ahead of the game so that no detail will sneak up on me and stress me out closer to the big day! Lol. That's my big worry! So the more my DF and I can figure out early - the better!

I think you're absolutely right about the cake. I tried to explain that to him too. Disney would work their magic for me if I requested it, I just know it! I wish I could find an example of what I want. Because I'm thinking white tiered cake with our teal/dark purple stripes or little swirly designs on it, and then tiny bits of black accents to tie it all together.

Aaand, sincerely, I'm really into that Ariel necklace. I keep looking at it and with how sparkly my dress it, I just think it would be perfect.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:06 AM   #39
Pirate's Princess
Sam <-- Science Geek. DNA helicase....so I can unzip your genes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoulish delight View Post
Star Wars rocks!! So yay! I'm glad I'm not the only geeky bride on here! Jason and I have a little bit of a Darth Vader collection. Haha, so it just seems appropriate.

Aaand, sincerely, I'm really into that Ariel necklace. I keep looking at it and with how sparkly my dress it, I just think it would be perfect.

I'm a SUPER star wars geek. I have SW legos and my brother even bought me a life size Han Solo cutout haha. I have figures as well. It doesn't hurt I have 2 older brothers so I was more into Star Wars than barbies. I definitely want to include it in the wedding somehow. And don't forget about Lurkyloo. At her MK shoot they did the Luke/Leia pose from Episode 4.

And I LOVE that necklace. I think it would be so lovely with your dress. I don't think you'd need dramatic earrings as well, especially with a birdcage veil.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:52 AM   #40
tiggersam00
Dole Whip addict... and proud of it!

Ok I love the topper it is super cute! I think if you are both NMBC fans then go for it, and dressing up jack and Sally would be super cute... maybe make them mini Mickey Bride and Groom ears lol! The lyrics are perfect too, maybe use them as a theme throughout the wedding... they are just perfect!

As far as the jewlery, I got the snow white earrings from that line and I really like them, but I see what you mean about pieces not really being mix and matchable. The Belle set is very elegent though, I saw it at a bridal store and it really sparkled, I think with eithier one you will be fine. Good quality pieces and unique styling too
tiggersam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:06 AM   #41
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

OMG LOVE LOVE your song choice!! The Luckiest is one of my favorite songs...near the top of my list for "Our" song. Those invitations are pretty too!!
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:43 PM   #42
ghoulish delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate's Princess View Post
I'm a SUPER star wars geek. I have SW legos and my brother even bought me a life size Han Solo cutout haha. I have figures as well. It doesn't hurt I have 2 older brothers so I was more into Star Wars than barbies. I definitely want to include it in the wedding somehow. And don't forget about Lurkyloo. At her MK shoot they did the Luke/Leia pose from Episode 4.

And I LOVE that necklace. I think it would be so lovely with your dress. I don't think you'd need dramatic earrings as well, especially with a birdcage veil.
That rocks! I certainly identify. I have two older brothers too! So I used to play with their Star Wars toys, Transformers and Ninja Turtles. Of course, on the other end of the spectrum... I had My Little Ponies also. Hehe. I'm sure you'll think of some kick butt way to include your Star Wars love!

And thank you! I tend to agree. I'm not a big jewelry kind of girl to begin with, so I think a pretty necklace would be enough for me. I'd probably get some simple sparkly or pearl earrings if I go with that necklace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggersam00 View Post
Ok I love the topper it is super cute! I think if you are both NMBC fans then go for it, and dressing up jack and Sally would be super cute... maybe make them mini Mickey Bride and Groom ears lol! The lyrics are perfect too, maybe use them as a theme throughout the wedding... they are just perfect!

As far as the jewlery, I got the snow white earrings from that line and I really like them, but I see what you mean about pieces not really being mix and matchable. The Belle set is very elegent though, I saw it at a bridal store and it really sparkled, I think with eithier one you will be fine. Good quality pieces and unique styling too
Thank you!! I absolutely adore that cake topper! I'm going to try my best to coax my DF into wanting it too. He's not 100% opposed, he's just unsure.

I remember seeing your earrings! They are beautiful, and will look beautiful on you for sure! I'm going to try and go to one of the bridal stores that carries the jewelry so I can get a better idea, me thinks. Because I'm pretty hooked on that Ariel one, but I've got to see it in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStMandy View Post
OMG LOVE LOVE your song choice!! The Luckiest is one of my favorite songs...near the top of my list for "Our" song. Those invitations are pretty too!!
Very nice!! Ben Folds is an amazing musician! So much talent, and so overlooked! We figure most people will be hearing it for the first time, so it'll be nice. You have to let me know if you and your DF decide on using it also!

Old 04-23-2009, 06:24 PM   #43
ghoulish delight

Bit of an update!
DF and I were talking and decided picking out a photographer would be our next wedding endeavor. I've had my eye on this one photographer that was recommended to me by my MoH (her best friend's sister's wedding was done by them). So, I left my information earlier today and got a call back this afternoon.

I set up an appointment for us to meet with her same day we meet with our wedding coordinator for the big planning session. The reason I did it same day, is because this photographer is conveniently enough in Anaheim and very close to the Disneyland Hotel! So, we'll go do our weddingy stuff, and then go hang out at the park the rest of the day.

Most of you other Disbrides are on the opposite side of the country, but check out her wedding gallery on her website if you'd like - http://www.squareeyephoto.com. I really like her style!

Old 04-24-2009, 01:14 AM   #44
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

I just saw where you were from in another planning journal and wanted to say howdy neighbor.. what a small world LOL

Ok now to catch up on your wedding details. Finally a Dland wedding! Cant wait to read all about it!
Old 04-24-2009, 05:55 PM   #45
ghoulish delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
I just saw where you were from in another planning journal and wanted to say howdy neighbor.. what a small world LOL

Ok now to catch up on your wedding details. Finally a Dland wedding! Cant wait to read all about it!
Awesome! I figured, for sure, nobody would know whereabouts I lived. Hehe. I'm in Temecula more often than Wildomar too!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: