Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2009, 04:18 PM   #16
malibustacey
Son of a building block! Its Woody! .... its... Pretty good. Pret-ty pret-ty pret-ty good

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoulish delight View Post
Oh yeah! That tulle is sooo pretty! That really is too funny! But, you wound up with a gorgeous dress anyway! I remember, 'cause I just checked out your PJ the other day.

My dress was $1,900 after tax, but that's including cups sewn into it for me and the material for my veil. Mine's without a hoop too, but sheesh. I don't think it really needs it. It's poofy enough for my liking. Lol
Ah that price isnt bad- well although i loved the dress, i knew it was too expensive for me and my mum agreed (although she loved it!) I know i have my dress, but now i have your dress to oogle at when it comes to your wedding- and im tooo excited about that! I thought that the hoop that the lady gave me in the shop made the bottom feel very heavy, and i took it off and the dress felt fine! Im so happy you got that dress! (we both have sparkly cinderella dresses! yay!!)

that tulle at the bottom is really pretty- that was my most favourite part of that dress- sooo sparkly!

Both of those shoes are really nice- but some advice that i was told while trying on tulle dresses- try to aviod shoes that have diamonds/ diamontes on them because the tulle nearly always gets caught on them and rips- the way around it ripping is to put cling film / or something clear over the diamonds to stop it from catching. Both of the shoes are nice- they are what i would be looking for, because they are just the perfect height i think!
malibustacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:19 PM   #17
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Can't wait to hear more.

Planning a "super-secret" October F&WF weekend!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2009, 04:22 PM   #18
malibustacey
Son of a building block! Its Woody! .... its... Pretty good. Pret-ty pret-ty pret-ty good

oooh i saw a nightmare before xmas cake!! one sec.. ill show you! it had different colours..
Old 04-21-2009, 04:23 PM   #19
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Congratulations! Your plans sound wonderful! I love the cake and the second pair of shoes!
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:28 PM   #20
malibustacey

ooh i dont think it was a nightmare before xmas cake.. but it looks similar to what you want

here it is, it was 'jaclovessally' cake- i think its well cool!!

i just thought id show you because of the colours they used, to give you an idea - and so you know that it will look good with your colours! x
Old 04-21-2009, 04:28 PM   #21
ghoulish delight
Mint juleps make me a very happy Anj, indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleStinkerbelle View Post
Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Can't wait to hear more.
Thank you, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibustacey View Post
Ah that price isnt bad- well although i loved the dress, i knew it was too expensive for me and my mum agreed (although she loved it!) I know i have my dress, but now i have your dress to oogle at when it comes to your wedding- and im tooo excited about that! I thought that the hoop that the lady gave me in the shop made the bottom feel very heavy, and i took it off and the dress felt fine! Im so happy you got that dress! (we both have sparkly cinderella dresses! yay!!)

that tulle at the bottom is really pretty- that was my most favourite part of that dress- sooo sparkly!

Both of those shoes are really nice- but some advice that i was told while trying on tulle dresses- try to aviod shoes that have diamonds/ diamontes on them because the tulle nearly always gets caught on them and rips- the way around it ripping is to put cling film / or something clear over the diamonds to stop it from catching. Both of the shoes are nice- they are what i would be looking for, because they are just the perfect height i think!
It is kind of a pricey dress, but I was worried my dress was going to be closer to $3,000 so I thought the price wasn't too too awful. We are both going to be prettiful and sparkly in our princess gowns! Hooray! Can't wait to see you in yours!!!

Ooh, thank you for that advice! I didn't think of that! See, that's exactly why you girls here rock. I'm glad I'm posting all this here!

| Anjanette & Jason | May 8th, 2010 | Disneyland Hotel Rose Court Garden |
[The Planning Journal & The Wedding Trip Report]
ghoulish delight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:33 PM   #22
ghoulish delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStMandy View Post
Congratulations! Your plans sound wonderful! I love the cake and the second pair of shoes!
Thank youu! Thankfully, both shoes are cute so I'd be happy with either pair! And, I love that you girls are posting here because then I can go check out your PJs. Hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibustacey View Post
here it is, it was 'jaclovessally' cake- i think its well cool!!

i just thought id show you because of the colours they used, to give you an idea - and so you know that it will look good with your colours! x
Ahh! Corpse Bride cake, but that shows those shades of colors can work. I know if I have them do it, that I'll definitely have to allow black worked in but I'd love to see what could be done!

Thanks again, Malibu! I appreciate your help!

Old 04-21-2009, 04:38 PM   #23
malibustacey

yeah i know it isnt the same colours but it has purple / blue on it. I suppose you could ask them yo use silver instead of black or chocolate? I dunno, i suppose they could send you photos of sample colours they can put together for you~! No matter what it will be a wicked cake!
Old 04-21-2009, 05:16 PM   #24
ghoulish delight

I'll probably just have to talk to my coordinator and see what she knows and go from there! Either way, I'd be happy to have my NMBC stuff worked into the wedding a bit.

I completely forgot one other thing we'd pretty much decided upon! As far as I know, we're going with the candy bar/buffet for our favors. Most of our wedding guests are family, and many of them have children so we figured it would be a good idea.

Examples of what it'll be like (only with candy in our color hues):

I'm having trouble finding invitations in our colors... even if I'm after just one or the other. There's plenty of invitations in lavender and none whatsoever in teal. I'm totally considering DIY invites, but I'm worried about how much of a headache that would be for me. Any suggestions??

Old 04-21-2009, 05:28 PM   #25
Bride-to-be
DIS Veteran

I LOVE the pink candy table!!! I have to have it!!! I was trying to think of fun non-floral centerpieces for our welcome party and thats it. The colors are perfect!!!

Where did that come from? Is that something that DL does?
Bride-to-be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:41 PM   #26
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Ohhh I love the pink candy table too!!
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:14 PM   #27
ghoulish delight

I actually found those pictures when I looked up candy bar on google images. I just wanted good examples of how I want ours to look.

Disney might do it, I'm not sure.

I can find out soon for you ladies though! My DF just called a few minutes ago, and officially set up our one year mark (I can't believe it!) planning session with our wedding coordinator, Cynthia! So, I'm going to have a ton of questions for her. Our appointment is at 9:30am pst on May 8th. I'll be sure to fill you guys in on all I learn from it.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:32 PM   #28
spacerangerqueen
DIS Veteran

Oooo yey a Disneyland bride! I was so sad when Val called off her wedding, it was supposed to be next week I think. Her PJ is still around I believe, it might help you out with your planning, she had done a lot.

Anywho. That dress is gorgeous. Too funny that Stacey tried it on too! I loove your colors. I'm sure Disney will find a great way of incorporating the colors and the NBC characters.

Can't wait to see how it all comes together

ETA: here's the link to Val's DL PJ http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1732691
spacerangerqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:42 PM   #29
Bride-to-be
DIS Veteran

We have site visits on the 8th at 10!
Bride-to-be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:29 PM   #30
lthiesfeld07
Mouseketeer

A DisneyLand wedding!
I love what you have planned so far! I can't wait to read more!
1997- Dixie Landings * 2002- ASMo * Aug 2011- Off-site Jan 2012- CBR * April 2012- OKW *June 2012- ASMu *September 2012- Pop/Kidani *March 2013- ASMu/Kidani *July 2013 AEP- CSR/Contemporary *October 2013- ASMu/Contemporary *December 2013- POR

lthiesfeld07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: