Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2009, 02:44 PM   #16
princess.chell
ǝɯ oʇ uǝddɐɥ sıɥʇ pɐɥ ʇsnɾ ı
Keep your feet on the ground when your heads in the clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Hi there! I'm still hear. I would love to see some of your Epcot pictures. I know you said they weren't very interesting but I absolutely love pictures.
Some where between switching computer, I think I lost some of them. Here is my favorite/best one. I'm still searching for the rest...

My next installment (coming up as soon as I post this) will be full of photos to make up for the last one.
airplanes in the night sky
are like shooting stars?
i could really use a wish right now...
-B.o.B & Hayley Williams
Old 06-07-2009, 02:47 PM   #17
princess.chell
ǝɯ oʇ uǝddɐɥ sıɥʇ pɐɥ ʇsnɾ ı
Keep your feet on the ground when your heads in the clouds

I’m still here too! With the end of school I had about ten million things to do which included but is not limited to cleaning my room (per my parents request), going to a wake with the longest line ever to get in (try 5 hours) and planning a party with my friend (which ended up a dud). Anyway, I swear to Walt that I will be more consistent now that I have found my summer schedule.

So where did I leave off? Oh yes, Day 3…

Day 3 (12/24)
Animal Kingdom had its extra magic morning hours. Now I know some people swear off extra magic hours, but my family loves them. We plan our days around them. As they say, to each their own. With the early night in, we were out the door by 6:30 AM. If you’ve ever stayed at the Boardwalk (where we are staying which I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned that yet… ) then you know you can see the buses coming from the front entrance and can kinda sorta read which bus it is (and if you haven’t stayed there well now you know). So we walked out the front doors and saw a bus going through the gate into the Boardwalk lot. I couldn’t see what it says because I just put my contacts in, but my brother said “THAT’S OUR BUS!” and took off running to get to the bus thing at the bottom of the path. I had literally just woken up so I was totally confused as to what he said. My mom took off running after him as the bus is significantly faster then our walking pace and was nearly at the bus thing. My mom and brother started waving their arms at us confirming that it is the bus we want (as we have ran to the bus only to find out it is not the bus we want). At this point the bus is at the pick up thingy and my dad and I are still kinda taking our time to make it down, probably only a quarter of the way down. So we run too. We made it. I don’t even remember if anyone else got on the bus with us, but I do remember not being all to happy that I had to run about five minutes after I woke up. (See I take about five minutes to get ready in the morning when I’m at Disney. I wake up, throw on the clothes I picked out the night before, put my contacts in, brush my teeth and hair, and am ready to go. So I am always the last to be woken.)

My dad, brother, and I love roller coasters! My mom…not. She, like me, is into photography and is obsessed with trying to get our pictures on the fastest moving rides there. Not sure why but she’s done it with Splash and Big Thunder for the past like five years. I can’t even tell you how many times we’ve ridden those rides because my mom missed the picture. (Not that I’m complaining about extra rides, its just funny). Anyway, we got there at rope drop and followed the light crowd to Everest. I had never seen it in the day time; last year we did EE for extra magic night hours. So as we turned one of the corners, I found it breathtaking. There was a little bit of mist or fog or dew or something in the air that gave it a kinda like mystical look with the sun rising just off to the side of it. But my mom had my camera as my dad, brother, and I took off quicker to get in line. So my photos would have to wait. After one ride on EE I decided I had to go again. The wait wasn’t bad at all, and my mom had gotten us 4 fast passes. So my brother and I rode it again and again and again and again. Did you get that? That’s five rides in like an hour. I love that ride!

We hadn’t eaten yet so we decided to find food. I had remembered seeing, okay well smelling, a counter service as we were headed over. I smelled the most delish cinnamon rolls. I needed one! Plus it was really close. So we stopped over there. My dad got in line while the rest of us…well here’s what my mom and I did…

I’m not sure what I’m doing here or why I decided to do this, but my mom thought it was hilarious.
I ate the biggest, sweetest, yummiest cinnamon roll ever! The whole thing too! It was as good as it smelled. And I ate it fast. So while I was waiting for my family to finish eating I decided to head back to the spot where I saw the magnificent view of EE and take some photos. This place was conveniently down the path from where we were eating. Here are my two favorites…

the second one I did a little bit of editing in photoshop, just some color correcting and contrast stuff which is why it looks different than the first.

After eating we decided to go to the Safari because my mom has never been to it before. Normally, before EE, my dad and I would wake up early and go to the Safari because my brother was never interested so my mom would stay with him. But this time he wanted to go. So off to the Safari! I decided I wanted to try to take some pictures of the animals. And I’m not kidding here, nearly every picture I had is of an animal butt. I didn’t try to do this at first, but every animal I saw had its butt facing me. I don’t think they wanted their picture taken. See, here’s proof…

There were a lot of animals out, I just didn’t get many good pictures because I was too interested in watching them. Hahah oh well. After the Safari we headed into the back of the park. I wanted to do Primeval Whirl, but my brother wanted to do Dinosaur. My dad and I hate Dinosaur, but my brother hates Primeval Whirl. Some how, my family convinced me to do Dinosaur. We basically walked right on the ride, and I decided I’d give it a try with my eyes open. I remember the first ten seconds of the ride, then its all dark after that. Hahah! Oh! Wanna see how much I hate it? Here’s the picture…

My family is in the first row. From right to left, its my brother, my mom, me and my dad.
Yeah…don’t forget, I’m 17… Next we went over to Primeval Whirl. I was a happy camper after getting off that ride. My brother ended up liking it, mostly because he could slam me into the seat as we whipped around I think. My parents weren’t big fans of the spinning and whipping. Next stop, the Nemo show! I watch those Travel Channel Disney shows all the time, I’ve got them saved on my DVR so I can watch them whenever I want. And the Nemo show looked amazing to me. Plus my brother loves Nemo (yeah he’s 14). So we had to stop there. I loved it! So did my brother. What did my parents think of it you ask? Ask my dad if we even saw the show and he’ll say no. He slept through the whole thing!! My mom liked the parts she saw as she fell asleep at some point too. Oh well, just an excuse to go back and see it again! I thought it was so imaginative. I loved the puppets and the whole idea of it.
By this time we were pretty hungry. So we tried to find a restaurant that would suit our family. I swear we walked around the whole park before we ended up at the restaurant I suggested from the beginning, Pizzafari. It sounded exactly like Pizza Planet to me, and we eat there every trip. So we wasted easily an hour walking around when we could have just gone straight there. Why don’t they listen to me sometimes?
My family isn’t huge into the rest of Animal Kingdom so we decided to head out and go over to MGM (or Hollywood Studios I guess…) for our dinner reservations and the rest of the night. More to come later!
airplanes in the night sky
are like shooting stars?
i could really use a wish right now...
-B.o.B & Hayley Williams
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: