Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2009, 03:14 PM   #151
annnewjerz
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Second, I must admit, I do like my Disney shirts...I try to get the ones that look less cartoon-ish but I do love em! I counted the other night to see which ones I wanted to take and I have 12 so I am a bit loony!
12 and that's only the ones you wanted to bring with you?!? I think there should be a Disney-wear version of AA.

The watch sounds really cute, I don't think there is anything wrong with wearing Disney head to toe if that's what you thought looked nice---I wore a beach cover up as a dress to the grocery store the other day because it was comfy and clean---so I have absolutely no room to criticize.

Honestly, Disney could make some of the nicest jewelry and accessories around and I wouldn't have a clue. I guess I just assumed all of it was going to be pink and purple and covered with glitter....

......not that there's anything wrong with that (in case you have a pink and purple glitter covered WDW shirt out waiting to be packed come December )
Old 07-21-2009, 03:16 PM   #152
annnewjerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
Joining in a little late, but I'm here!

Welcome and thanks for tagging along!

I'll have to pop over to your PTR to see what's going on for your December trip.
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2009, 03:58 PM   #153
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by annnewjerz View Post
Maybe it's a NJ thing. We're just too good for clothing that has mice, tigers and pixies on it.

I'm hoping I like them too. Probably the only time I will wear these is to WDW---and then maybe as PJs or clothes to do housework in.
LOL!! Maybe it is a NJ thing! I didn't even think of that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
I also have a Mickey watch that I wear every day; but I think it's classy and fun, not cartoony and child-like. It's silver, has a Mickey on the face and itty bitty tiny diamond dust on the outside ring.
Jewelry, on the other hand, is a whole different thing all together. Understand jewelry is great and anything with a diamond in it is all good to go!

Now, crocs are a different story. I just don't like them; don't care if they are comfortable or not. Maybe it's another NJ thing?
Old 07-21-2009, 04:55 PM   #154
Angrypenguin
Disney n00b!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annnewjerz View Post
So, this weekend was Independence Day and overall we had a really great time. No real trip updates (sorry!!) but I do have some really fun pics from the weekend I thought I would share.

Friday, DH and I both had off of work. We went to a Phillies v. Mets game in Philly and (hooray!) the Phils won. Great seats, perfect weather, a cheesesteak and a win to boot!

Saturday was our annual family picnic. There was BBQ, horseshoes, music, fireworks, friends---it was a great time. We had a fireworks mishap (it shot into the crowd watching instead of the sky and some people got a little burnt) but other than that---tons of fun.

Here are some pictures that I took.

Family.

Hubby (Erik).

Mom (Lois).

Brother (Chris).

Cousin (Carly).

PopPop (Frank).

Now for some fun ones, inspired by a recent thread on the Photo Board.

That's all I've got for right now, hopefully that gives you a little peak into what I might bring back from my trips to The World in December (and October!)
Awesome! I totally want to go home tonight and try that now. I suppose I should dig out my tripod....

Wedding pics here, here, and here

Disney World pictures here and here and here

My flickr: www.flickr.com/kevinkyen
Old 07-21-2009, 07:25 PM   #155
annnewjerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypenguin View Post
Awesome! I totally want to go home tonight and try that now. I suppose I should dig out my tripod....
It was SO MUCH FUN. I'm going to try it out again this weekend, this time with pants on instead of a skirt to keep from getting completely bit up by stooopid mosquitos. There is a whole thread about light painting on the Photo Board. If you haven't seen it yet, check it out! Lots of good examples for inspiration and pointers for things you should and shouldn't do for the best results.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:51 PM   #156
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

I second the DIsney wear thing...but, like you, was considering getting some cheap vintage ones for our upcoming trip??!! We will see?! I love the Kermit one that you got!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 07-23-2009, 09:05 AM   #157
annnewjerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
I second the DIsney wear thing...but, like you, was considering getting some cheap vintage ones for our upcoming trip??!! We will see?! I love the Kermit one that you got!
I like the Kermit one too---it's my fave of all that I ordered. Here's to hoping that I like it and I can wear it on our DHS day!
Old 07-23-2009, 09:13 AM   #158
annnewjerz

Tickets.

So I have a bit of an update for any of you readers that are still hanging in there with me.

Yesterday I finally got my park tickets! This is the first time we have ordered tickets in advance. We got them through the MWR at our local military base and saved around $50 a ticket. Not too shabby! Now I just have to make sure I don't lose them. I'll be making photo copies and e-mailing myself the serial numbers from each ticket just to be on the safe side, but I still get worried about something bad happening and having to pay $700 for another set all over again.

Unfortunately, we were unable to participate in the "Disney Salute" tickets which would have made DH's ticket free and me and DM $99 because they have to be activated with a valid ID, and our IDs expire in August It probably worked out for the better. The tickets were only for 5 days and couldn't be upgraded and we needed 6---so we would have either had less park time, had to purchase a $200 tour for something to do on our off-day that would keep us entertained, or paid for a 1 day ticket for each of us $75, which would have negated the savings.

So, DH picked them up at the base yesterday. 3 adult 7 day base tickets (no hoppers this time, I don't anticipate needing them and if we do, we'll just add them when we get down there), and 1 adult 1-day base ticket for DH to use on our trip in October since I'll be getting in free for my birthday!

Only 141 days until the trip in December. That means only 50ish more days until it's time for ADRs!!! We'll discuss those in an upcoming installment sometime by mid-August or so after I hammer out all of the details of the itinerary (the itinerary that has been changed, had stuff added and deleted and gone back to the original plan maybe 6 times by now )
Old 07-23-2009, 10:00 AM   #159
raider97
DIS Veteran

WooHoo on getting your ticket!!
Old 07-23-2009, 01:21 PM   #160
WDWRocksMySocks
maybe I just have mullets on the brain?

Woo, you got your tickets! You're VERY smart for photocopying and emailing yourself the serial numbers. I lost my tickets earlier this year and forgot copy them. Fortunately, I ordered them off Undercover Tourist and they keep copies of all the tickets they sell!

Look forward to seeing your itinerary. I've still need to figure out what days we want to do what.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:17 PM   #161
annnewjerz

Ugh....

So I got my Disney shirts today, and I hate to say it but I'm not sure if I'll be keeping them.

Prior to ordering them, I asked on another board if the shirts from The Disney Store run big, small or true to size. I was told they ran small and that I should probably order a size bigger than usual in case they shrunk after washing them. So, I ordered a size bigger than I would usually wear and I've got to say---they look really short and really wide. I hardly ever wear t-shirts, but when I do, I like them to be long and fitted. Maybe when I put them on, then won't be as boxy as I'm thinking they look. Or maybe they'll shrink a bunch in the wash. Unless I put them on and they are the right length and only slightly larger than I would like, these bad boys are going back.

We'll see.....
Old 07-28-2009, 11:25 AM   #162
annnewjerz

LOTS of Updates (1 of 3)

So I have a multitude of updates for all of you out there in PTR reading land.

My first update is the most boring and it's about my Disney shirts. I tried them on when I got home and they were too big. I didn't want to risk washing them and having them shrink and still not be small enough, so I returned them to our local Disney store and got some others instead. DH's shirts were way too large also, so he got some new ones. Luckily, DM's shirts fit well and she decided she would keep hers.

I swapped out Winnie the Pooh for Eeyore (a purple shirt) for our Crystal Palace breakfast if we get it.

I swapped out Tinkerbell for a Mickey Mouse I believe. I still have Kermit (wasn't able to return that on the weekend at the store because it was on sale and I need to come back during the week).

Haven't tried on these new shirts yet, but I'm hoping that they fit better and I don't have to deal with anymore returns. I HATE paying return shipping and it's hard to get to the Disney store during the week because of work. Ugh.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:47 AM   #163
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

What a drag! I hear ya on that one - I think shipping and return shipping should always be FREE! I realize this is not financially feasible for most companies, but if I could get the same thing at a local store, why should I pay extra (i.e., shipping) to order it from them online?).

I'm looking forward to seeing what your new shirts look like! (Apparently this entails eating popcorn...)
Old 07-28-2009, 11:57 AM   #164
annnewjerz

LOTS of Updates (2 of 3)

So, another update I have for anyone reading is that we decided we are not going to do the KTTK and MVMCP this trip. Since we are upgrading to the Deluxe DDP and trying to make this trip relaxing and a little less frantic, we decided that having two scheduled ADRs a day to get to would be enough without having to worry about tour and party start times.

If we get there and decide we'd like to take a tour, I will call to see if there are any openings. If not, I have polled everyone in our travel group and no one seems to care one way or the other if we take it or not.

We will still be doing the Behind the Seeds tour, since that is only an hour long and costs around $15 per person. It seems informative, fun and not too long to the point where I'll wonder if it was worth the time and money away from the parks.

All of this is subject to change, of course, but once you read my next update you will understand why it's not likely that we'll change back to doing KTTK and MVMCP.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:15 PM   #165
annnewjerz

LOTS of Updates (3 of 3)

So this is the final update and the best, which is why I saved it for last.

Since we decided we weren't doing the KTTK tour and MVMCP, that saved me about $350. I didn't want to think of anything else to spend all $350 on since it would more than likely be a waste (a Photopass CD, more souveniers, etc.) but I was still trying to think of a surprise for DM and DH since I had spoiled all of the others.

To recap, I spoiled:

- Cirque du Soleil
- Car service to the airport
- Extra night at WDW
- KTTK and MVMCP (which we aren't doing now anyway)

So here is what I decided to do. For our first night (December 12) we were booked at POP since it was a bonus night for us to see Cirque and we wanted to do it cheap. Well---then the room only discounts came out and I called yesterday to apply it to our October reservation. Then today, I remembered that we were doing 1 night cash and 5 nights DVC in December, which means I could apply the room only discount to our first night in December. (Can you see where this is going)

Well, there were two places I really thought sounded great at Christmas. Boardwalk (which is where we are staying) and Wilderness Lodge, which I couldn't justify spending over $300 for one night.

Today, I called WDW to inquire about whether or not there were any room only discounts left for WL and guess what? There were!!!

Now before we get too excited, let me preface this by saying that we booked a Courtyard View Bunkbed room (it was all they had). It is currently $150 more that night than staying at POP, but I plan to call back every so often to see if they have a standard 2-queen room. If not, it's not the end of the world and I'll either keep that room (most likely scenario, my Mom won't care about sleeping on a bunk bed---she is really that low maintenance) or switch to a standard view somewhere like Port Orleans Riverside.

So for now, I'm doing the happy dance because....

I'M STAYING AT THE WILDERNESS LODGE FOR CHRISTMAS TIME!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: